MSExchange IS Public Queue rising

Hello,

I have Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 (all latest patches and SP).
The server has been running for over a year but in the past month I have
noticed the Public Send Queue at times increase because I monitor that queue.

My understand is that this queue is used for public folder replication. Is
there a way to troubleshoot this and determine what is causing the queue to
increase? Can I determine what folder information is being replicated? Are
there any settings I can check?

The queue increasing appears to happen ever few days, both in the PM and AM.
It's not causing any problems that I am aware of but I just would like to
know how I can track down what is causing this queue to increase?

Thanks in advance!
0
inteq (1)

Public Folder IPM.Post to IPM.Note
Hello, I want to change my incoming messages to my public folders from IPM.Post to IPM.Note. I have found the patch regarding this and the information associated. My question is that the hotfix info mentions that it is not required if Exchange 2003 SP1 is already installed. We have SP2 installed - should I assume that it is already bundled then? If so, is my only remaining step to add the regkey and proper value on all servers that contain the public store? Thanks in advance!!! That is correct, however, I did hear reports on posts about some users that id did not work and still had...

Exchange 2003 and public folder email address in distribution group
Hello! I would like to add an email address of one of my public folders to a distribution list in exchange 2003. The public folder already has an email address of publicfolder@domain.com problem is that I dont know how to select this when I try to add this email in distribution groups. Any help would be great! Dan In ESM - go to the mail-enabled Public Folder's properties | Member Of tab | Add. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Dan J.S." <me@hyperx.com> wrote in message news:11s7q5...

e2k
Hi, I've upgraded from 5.5 to 2k without big problems. Now when I reboot the machine I always find old (2 months) mails - always the same - in smtp queue. I've purged the queue, messages disappear, but after a reboot they're there. Does anyone know how can i *really* purge (delete) this messages one time and forever? thanks ...

Public Folder Distribution lists #2
OK, how does on create a DL (distribution list) in a Public Folder... in Exchange, at the Outlook Client? I assume one needs to creat a Public Folder first, then edit it in Outlook? I don't see any way to distingush whether the Public folder is for calendars, contacts, etc. TIA Hi, When you create the public folder you select which information is should hold. If the distribution list is for everyone you should consider creating it in active directory. Leif "Dodge" <Dodge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F589296-B046-47EA-AC75-E5366A8D22D7@microso...

Sorting of Queues
Is there a way to custom sorting the queues like you can with other views (ascending and descending)? I'm afraid that is not possible in the current release. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:32:40 -0400, Todd Reibling <treibling@trnetworkconsulting.com> wrote: Is there a way to custom sorting the queues like you can with other views (ascending and descending)? ...

Emails won't mark as read in public folder
Recently I have found at a client site that a public folder which is mail enabled and receiving orders for a client won't allow any user to mark the mail as read, it all remains as unread. The setting for "Maintain per-user read and unread information for this folder" is unchecked as several users monitor the folder and need to know when mail has been looked at. When I check this box each user can mark mail as read, turn it back on and it all goes back to unread. I have noticed that there is several such posting on other forums but each one doesn't contain a solution. Would...

EWS: Calendar categories lost reviewing Exchange Public Folder Calendar
Title says it all. I've created a calendar in Outlook 2007 (SBS 2008/Exchange 2007). It's in a "favorite" Public Folder so that it's reviewable by all logged in domain users and editable by two of us. Making it a favorite Public Folder calendar is what made it available to to users logging in over Outlook Web Access. However, on my Mac, none of the category attributes for appointments/events are retained by the entries. The curious thing is that the categories themselves DID make it to the Mac when I created a personal calendar that I shared with other Outlook ...

Re: Workflow rule: Assigning activity to a queue
Anyone ? "Sigurdur Hilmarsson" <sigurdur.hilmarsson@nyherji.is> wrote in message news:... > Hi, > I have a workflow process for cases and would like to assign several > different tasks to a queue that need to complete within the case. > You can manually assign task activity to a queue but in a workflow rule > using the workflow manager it is only possible to assign a task activity to > Logical User or User. Is there any way to do this for me? > > Regards, > SH > > > ...

Running VBScript against a public folder in EX2K3
Hello, I used the Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. There I've installed some VBScripts for public folders by right-clicking the public Folder -> properties -> agents -> new... and so on (with Outlook 2003). Now I would like to do the same with the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003. But I don't have the tab "agents". I'm the owner of the folder, registered under "Can Register Workflow" and "Privileged Workflow Authors" and have "Admin" rights. The service "Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine" is installed and star...

Importing Files from Hard drive into a Public Folder
Hi, I have developed a knowledge share folder under Public Folders. This folder has a custom form I developed. I need to import files(word docs, excel sheets, pdfs, images, etc) from my hard drive into the knowledge share folder. I need the custom form to populate and attach the imported file. Is this possible? Thanks! Yes, it's possible. You'll need to write code to create a new instance of a custom form programmatically, using the Add method on the target folder's Items collection. You can use the code at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/getfolder.htm to walk ...

Outlook Web Access to a single Public Folder Only?
Hi all, Can anyone think of a way that I can provide access to a single folder in our public folders list? We manage a huge office with multiple companies and would like to make a single folder in our public folders available to all and sundry with the building. I figured I could just create a user with read only access to said folder then people could use this to access the folder via Outlook Web Access, but I can't stop this user from doing all sorts of other things too. One example is that said user is able to login to our domain and browse through computers. Obviously this isn't ...

Problem with Outlook 2003 and public folders in Exchange 2000
I have a Outlook client with a strange behaviour that started on friday. Expanding public folders outlook hangs forever, other users could see the public folder tree without problem. I thought it was a problem with Outlook 2003 in that computer and I could reinstall Outlook, but trying with the same user from a different computer we found the same problem. The problem has solved asking Outlook to check the size of the public folders. Doing this, Outlook has found again the contents of the public folder tree. Does anybody know what has happened? Thanks in advance, Bob ...

Public Folder Issue #2
Hi All, Can someone Please help me out with this.. We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, we have moved mailboxes with no problem and the ADC is working as well with no issues.. The problem we are having is rights on public folders. If any user is Joined into the Windows 2003 domain they can access the public folders with no problem and the rights associated with them, however if the user is still in the old NT 4 domain, they can access mail but have issues with public folders. They in some instances can even see the folders. I have resolved having them being seen by ...

Using a Public Function 12-08-07
I found a great function to allow me to display my decimals as fractions, but I don't know how to use it? I create reports which then become either work tickets or finished product labels. Where do I put the code. I understand the idea that it should be public so I can use it in any part of my application, but how do I refer to it? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVMZQ==?= <LeLe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4FE3E937-4282-4067-92D8-921F44BDBC13@microsoft.com: > I found a great function to allow me to display my decimals as > fractions, but I don't know how ...

How to create public shared calendar?
Using Exchange 2003 SP2. I'd like to know how to create a calendar that's shared by the office network users. When they put in an appointment or event, I'd like for everyone else to be able to view it in their Outlook apps. So far, I've created a public folder in Exchange, then in Outlook, created a calendar under that public folder and given the appropriate people permissions. I can view the calendar, but can't seem to put it below my personal calendar so I can check or uncheck in order to view side by side. Also, when I add or update an event, other users can't ...

Queue in retry, connects 7 times, stops at 354+go+ahead on 7th try
Hello all, This is my first post so I'll try to do the issue justice. When trying to send a message with a specific attachment (1.8MB powerpoint) to gmail or comcast, the message makes it to the queue, then this happens: 2007-04-02 18:36:39 64.233.167.27 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MAIL1 - 25 - - 220+mx.google.com+ESMTP+v15si9737300pyh 0 2007-04-02 18:36:39 64.233.167.27 OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MAIL1 - 25 EHLO - MAIL1.camas.wednet.edu 0 2007-04-02 18:36:39 64.233.167.27 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MAIL1 - 25 - - 250-mx.google.com+at+your+service,+[169.204...

Public variable
using vba in excell how do I create a variable in one work sheet so that it can be seen by all the other worksheets in the same workbook. I have tried public x as interger but this does not seem to work. -- Jack Allen You need to declare the variable in a regular code module, NOT the worksheet's code module. However, if you do declare it in a sheet's code module, you can refer to it with the worksheet's codename as a qualifier. E.g., [in Sheet1] Public MyVar As Long [in Sheet2] Sheet1.MyVar = 123 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulti...

How to read Item from Public Folder and process it DIRECTLY.
I would like to process item in Public Folder DIRECTLY. I would like to know how to read out that because of that. MAPIFolder.Save(or SaveAs) method is not the way I having made purpose. Again, I would like to read out item and process it DIRECTLY. regard. Hello, if you use WebDAV, you can read the contents of the mail into a MemoryStream class or similar and process it directly. Best regards, Henning Krause "gata" <gata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B78A75D-D8F3-476B-A2C8-982A99549E81@microsoft.com... >I would like to process item in Public Folde...

Outlook 97
I am trying to setup some rules using the folder assistant for a public folder on Exchange 5.5 When I click on the admin tab, then select Folder Assistant, I'm trying to setup a rule so I can automatically reply and send a template at the same time but it's only letting me choice 1 or the other. Does anyone know if there is way to do both? I want to include the original message AND reply with a generate template(verbiage) at the beginning of the e-mail reply. Thanks, David in FL ...

Can I convert a Publisher 3.0 publication to 6.0?
I have a Publisher 3.0 publication and I can't open it because I have version 6.0. Is ther a way to convert it? Version 3.0 is Publisher 95. I can open it for you and save it as Publisher 2000. If it is graphic intensive it will become a much larger file. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AELpurple" <AELpurple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3352BA8-B271-4E6E-8C06-07CDBA002BD1@microsoft.com... >I have a Publisher 3.0 publication and I can't o...

5.5 -> 2003 Public Folder Replication
5.5 server in NT domain. NT domain trusts Active Directory (one-way trust). New Exchange 2003 server in Active Directory. How to replicate public folders from NT server to 2003 Exchange server in Active Directory? Will use ExMerge for the small number of mailboxes. "MichaelFaulknre" <Michael.Faulkner@colorado.edu> wrote: >5.5 server in NT domain. NT domain trusts Active >Directory (one-way trust). New Exchange 2003 server in >Active Directory. How to replicate public folders from >NT server to 2003 Exchange server in Active Directory? >Will use ...

How do you clean out the exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.bad folder
Hi I'm noticing the the queue.bad folder is growing over time. What is the best practice to delete or cleare this file. exc 5.5 Thanks you Mike It is not folder on my server, it is file. Leave it alone. Mike D wrote: > Hi > > I'm noticing the the queue.bad folder is growing over time. What is the best > practice to delete or cleare this file. > > exc 5.5 > > Thanks you > > Mike Hi Kirill, Yep it's a file, but it's grown to about 2 gig causing me to have to use another tape for backup. I'd like to get it back down to a more managable...

Problem using Public Folders
Hello people I'm having a problem with Public Folders in Exchange 2003. From Outlook, I can see the public folders, and from ESM I can also see all the groups on the Storage Group The problems are that I can't see the folders on ESM under the "Folders" tree, inside my Administrative Group, and neither can I see the System folders (it shows the error with an id of c1030af1 - forbidden). This way, no one can see, e.g., each other's availability on Calendar for meetings Can anyone shed a light to me? I've checked some documents on the net and Microsoft's ...

How to put a calendar in an Exchange Public Folder?
Gurus, I run Exchange 2003, and wanted to know if you could build/place a calendar under a Public Folder and if so, how to do that. I've used Exchange before but not very much at Public Folders. -- Spin Sure. You just need to create a folder under the public folder tree - right click on the folder where you want it and choose new folder, just like you do to create folders in the mailbox. Some admins block users from creating folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com O...

Anonymous Public Folder Access via OWA
I need to have an individual access a public folder calendar via OWA but do not want to setup an account for him. Is it possible to set permission such that this is possible? Thanks in advance. -- IT Manager Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra Hi Greg, don�t even think about that. You have to open your system to wide. cheers, Andy "Greg Starr" <GregStarr@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B1F5D07A-3DAF-4574-B9CF-EAB2015F5A8E@microsoft.com... >I need to have an individual access a public folder calendar via OWA but do > not want to setup an account f...