MSADC Error: Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down

Hey guys,

I have been battling with my Exchange 2003 and Exch 5.5 servers issues
for a while now. Im starting to get very affraid that something major
will happen shortly.

I am creating users on my Exchange 2003 server which has ADC installed.
This is NOT a DC. I have been having problems where users accounts
and/or mailboxes are not getting replicated thru my AD and Exch
servers.

This is one main error that I am consistently getting on the Exchange
2003 server.

Event Type:	   Error
Event Source:	  MSADC
Event Category:	 LDAP Operations Event ID: 8026
Event ID:	     8026
Date:		     4/25/2006
Time:		     12:19:51 PM
User:		     N/A
Computer:	  SERVERNAME
LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory servername.domainname.com for
distinguished name 'domainname\ExchService'. Directory returned
error:[0x51] Server Down.   (Connection Agreement 'Config
CA_domainname_servername' #3172)

Also, when I re-run the ADC CA wizard, I enter the credentials under
the 'Site Credentials' window, and the 'password stated' field has a
red X 'The server is not operational' message is displayed, and I can
go no further.

Does anyone have any advice that I can use to resolve these issues? Any
comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I ran into something like this recently. The same error was caused by the
Site Replication Service on the 2003 server bieng down. I restarted it and
the errors stopped. I never did figure out why the SRS stopped.

"Choche" <Christopher.Hoche@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys,
>
> I have been battling with my Exchange 2003 and Exch 5.5 servers issues
> for a while now. Im starting to get very affraid that something major
> will happen shortly.
>
> I am creating users on my Exchange 2003 server which has ADC installed.
> This is NOT a DC. I have been having problems where users accounts
> and/or mailboxes are not getting replicated thru my AD and Exch
> servers.
>
> This is one main error that I am consistently getting on the Exchange
> 2003 server.
>
> Event Type:    Error
> Event Source:   MSADC
> Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8026
> Event ID:      8026
> Date:      4/25/2006
> Time:      12:19:51 PM
> User:      N/A
> Computer:   SERVERNAME
> LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory servername.domainname.com for
> distinguished name 'domainname\ExchService'. Directory returned
> error:[0x51] Server Down.   (Connection Agreement 'Config
> CA_domainname_servername' #3172)
>
> Also, when I re-run the ADC CA wizard, I enter the credentials under
> the 'Site Credentials' window, and the 'password stated' field has a
> red X 'The server is not operational' message is displayed, and I can
> go no further.
>
> Does anyone have any advice that I can use to resolve these issues? Any
> comments would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
mohara (26)

Biztalk Server Partner Edition
I cannot find Biztalk installer on the CRM installation disks. The CRM integration datasheet from Microsoft says that CRM will ships with BizTalk Server 2002 Partner Edition, including tools and documentation for creating customized integrations. I need to buid an integration with another application based on Biztalk Server, the client has CRM installed and doesn't want to buy a Biztalk Server licence. Thank you, Doru It does not come with CRM. It comes with CRM Integration. They would have to have the "professional" version of CRM (which includes integration). ...

How to have a program die directly without popping up a error mess
I wrote a server program in VC++ 6.0. Every time it crash there comes up an error message window asking me to terminate or to debug. Is there any way to have the program die directly without coming up that error message window ? ( My server program run in background and if it die its supervisor program will restart it automatically. So it’s better to have it die directly without having to answer the error message window asking to terminate or to debug program. ) This message box is not due to your program crashing, at least not directly. Look in Tools->Options on the Debug ta...

Can I migrate my old Exchange 5.5 from NT4 to 2003 server?
Totally have no idea about how to do it. Any tips, please. Thanks a lot Hi, Exchange 5.5 will not run on Windows 2003. Exchange 5.5 will run on Windows 2000. The only version of Exchange that will run on Windows 2003 is Exchange 2003. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "yuner" <annie_bai2000@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

Error 0x800ccc0f when sending via SMTP
I am running Outlook 2002 on XP SP1 (tried to upgrade to SP2 recently, but ran out of space ...) - anyway, a couple of days ago I started getting the "connection to the server was interrupted" error message with above #. While being able to receive emails just fine, I can't send anything. To my confusion really, because I ran the current setup for quite some time with no problems and none of my settings have changed recently (to my knowledge). It is also weird that other computers on the same network don't seem to have this problem. A G4 running OS X with Entourage, however,...

Outlook97 error message when in Calendar
I posted this under Calendaring but thought it might fit here also. I have WinME. When trying to create appointment in Calendar, I get this message after clicking the Save & Close button. "message interface returned unknown error" It won't let me create an appointment. I had installed me_oe_client.reg because OE wasn't listed in the options of Internet Options. Now it is. That part worked. Now I have this other problem. What can I do? ...

Error in CRMQuery.RetrieveByType Method?
I want to retreive two types of savedqueries. For accounts and for contacts. In my code I use an array to specify the ObjectTypes. ObjectType[] Types = new ObjectType[2]; Types[0] = ObjectType.otContact; Types[1] = ObjectType.otAccount; the call: string XML = oQuery.RetreiveByType(oUserAuth, Types, savedQType, 0, strColumns); This will result in the savedqueries of the Contact object being returned but not from the accounts. Changing the sequence to: Types[0] = ObjectType.otAccount; Types[1] = ObjectType.otContact; Will result in savedqueries of accounts being returned and not of the con...

Problems connecting to POP3 server
Hello I am using Outlook XP to access my POP3 email account. It has been working fine for about 2 years but all of a sudden, I'm getting error messages saying that it can't access the server. I know that the service is working fine because I can use a web-based service to connect to it. I haven't installed anything new on my machine and my web connection hasn't changed. Any idea? TIA Jo Sorry, false alarm. I've just realised that it's something to do with recent updates to my AV software. Jo Sorry, false alarm. I've just realised that it's somethi...

ERROR message 05-17-10
i can't send emails! And like always, its the WORST time for this to be happening. i could send them fine before then all of a sudden, it just stopped working. please help soon... i get this message. "The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail servic...

Automation Error Using VC++
Hi, I have an existing application which is used to automate Word. It works fine using the client's NT environment. The customer is in the process of moving to XP. When we run the app in this new environment, we are encountering an error. The relevant code is: HRESULT hResult = word.GetActiveObject( __uuidof( Word::Application )); if( FAILED( hResult )) hResult = word.CreateInstance( __uuidof( Word::Application )); if( FAILED( hResult )) { nErrCode = HRESULT_CODE(hResult); nErrFacility = HRESULT_FACILITY(hResult); nErrSeverity ...

Outlook 2007 Send receive error 0X8DE00006
I just stared receiving the above message in when trying to send from Outlook 2007. I am using Windows 7, and IE. How can I fix this? Thanks "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0828F2B6-AD0C-4373-BB93-97CED7EDEF67@microsoft.com... >I just stared receiving the above message in when trying to send from Outlook > 2007. I am using Windows 7, and IE. Is this for a Hotmail/Windows Live account accessed by the Outlook Connector by chance? If so, what version of the Connector? Have you tried deleting the account and readding ...

Non specific error on opening Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 Pro system
"Cannot Open Microsoft Outlook. A program error has occurred. Quit Outlook and Windows and then start again." This happens with all profiles on the system. I've repaired Office, reinstalled Office, then uninstalled and reinstalled Office (and redownloaded and applied all patches). It still errors. Other Office apps open just fine. Outlook does connect to the Exchange server, since I can configure services and it recognizes the LAN ID. Any thoughts? Does it start in safe mode, go to Start > Run > type "Outlook /safe" without the quotes "Paula&qu...

Unable to Access Mailbox Stores on one Server
All— I am the Exchange Administrator (MS Exchange 2003) with a medium sized company. We have two back-end and two front-end servers and I use Exchange 2003 System Manager to perform a number of administrative tasks throughout the day. I run the utility on a Windows XP Professional computer. I can get into the Storage Groups and underling Mailbox Stores on three of the four servers from this setup, but one of the back-end servers shows the mailbox stores with red down arrows which indicated that the stores are off-line (Yes Store.exe is running on the server). But if I log into the ...

Can't installt IBF on CRM Server
first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name crm) after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://crm:8082" and click next button but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable" and can't install it. but i can access "http://crm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and "http://crm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ? ...

Error ID 9554
I am getting this warning with the following description :"Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: f0662e85-5496-45dd-90d5-ae59f6f4648e. Error Code 0x8004010f" I did a lookup with the LDP utility to find the mailbox causing the problem but cannot find it. ...

Error Opening archive .pst
I have archived several years worth of Outlook data. I have created an archive file for each year, and moved the archives to CD. The file does not span CD's. The archive files were created some time ago, and I get an error when attempting to open them. Access denied. I opened them before... What is the trick...? Is it because they are on CD now...? or is it because I have migrated to a new version of Outlook (2003)...? or is it because I have changed user names from my business address when the archives were created to my personal outlook program at home...? i.e. userid changed..? ...

Error message after protecting worksheet
I have a worksheet with a range of cells needed to be protected and another set unprotected to allow user to enter data. In this set of unprotected spreadsheet, I have a few cells using a Combo box to allow user to select data from and then place the selected data into a cell. I followed the usual steps to unprotect cells (togeter with the combo boxes by selecting them at the same time) by enter the range of cells as "Allow users to edit ranges". The problem I have is that Excel prompts me an error msg comlaining "The cell chart you are trying to change is protecte...

run time error #3
getting run time error message says closing not naturally Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, PVNM asked: | getting run time error message says closing not naturally ...

Small Business Server backup hangs server...
Hello - hoping that someone can assist here.. I have recently installed a Small Business Server 2003 for a client (not R2). After configuring the normal SBS backup via Server Management (see log below) ***** Backup Runner started. Launching NTBackup: ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Backup\Small Business Backup Script.bks" /d "SBS Backup created on 25/12/2009 at 10:36 AM" /v:yes /r:no /rs:no /hc:off /m normal /j "Small Business Server Backup Job" /l:s /f "G:\Backup Files\Small Business Server Backup...

the server will send emails again after rebooting if lots of recipients
Hi all, We are using a microsoft exchange 2000 server fully patched running on windows 2000 server professional fully patched also. My problem is that everytime i restart the server, it will send again the emails that have been sent to lots of recipients (like 70 or 100 recipients). No matter when the email have first been sent and delivered... It's the second time i restart the server and i had to freeze all the queues in order to stop some messages, but even messages sent in september last year were ready to be delivered again... I've looked for the logs, event log...

Outlook Client Error #2
I have one user that is receiving the following error after installing the CRM 4.0 Outlook client. "Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously. Try closing messages or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing." This happens after using Outlook for a few minutes. If I remove the client the error will stop appearing. She is using Outlook 2007 on windows XP. I have applied Hotfix kb970944 and all applicable updates to Outlook. The user dose have a large amount of emails in her inbox, but I have other u...

SMTP errors
Have had our 2003 exchange server up and running for several months, but continue to have problems. Our users will send a new or reply to an existing domain and receive one of several errors including: All starting with: "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. ending with: Unable to relay Relaying denied Invalid domain This only happens with a select few domains. I have checked with the admins of all the domains rejecting our e-mail to confirm that we are not blocked etc. The oddest thing is that the e-mail will go through if the user on my ...

How to Connect to SQL Server??
Dears: Earlier today, I had to change strategies for retrieving information that I need for a utility program I am working on. Essentially, the program performs some low level Windows profile translations as we move to a new domain structure (AD) and a new standardized ID convention. We presently have two formats of standardized user IDs: one in our pre-merger format and used with the older NT domains, and a new standardized user ID. I have a table in SQL Server 2000 that contains two fields, one for each type of ID, and the table contains approximately 275,000 rows. This program is going t...

Active Directory security settings disappearing
Hello Everyone: During these last couple of days, we have been experiencing issues with certain security settings within AD. Issue: I go to "Person A's" profile in the ADUC snap-in and add "Person B" with certain permissions within "Person A's" security tab. I wait about 40min - 2hrs and "Person B" and the permission applied are gone. It seems as if somehow the permissions are reverting during replication. Troubleshooting steps taken: 1) We re-added the "Person B" with appropriate permissions from 4 different domain controller...

Can't install new report service server
Hi, We occured one problem when install crm3. Our enviroment is win2003 sp1,sql2005. When running setup program "Install new report service server" option is grey. But in our sql server there is no report services installed.There is vs2005 installed on this computer.And I notice asp.net version is 2.0.Is that cause by asp.net 2. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Cheers, Kevin When you have SQL Server 2005, you will need to install the report server that comes with SQL Server 2005 and have the Microsoft CRM v3.0 attach to it. The Report Services is an option with SQL Server...

error SHSQL.DLL
what's the problem SHSQL.DLL when i compile my program in vc++? ...