MS02-011: Authentication Flaw Could Allow Unauthorized Users To Authenticate To SMTP Service

Hello All !

I have problem - when I scan port 25 on our Exchange 5.5 with special
XSpider 7.0 port scanner, this program recommend me visit following URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-011.mspx for delete
potential SMTP open relay.

After patch downloading and succsessful installing I scan port 25 again
and... scanner show me this recommendation again... What wrong?.. How I can
eliminate this problem on Exchange 5.5

Help please!

Our Exchange 5.5 (with IMC) run on Windows NT 4.0 SP6.

Regards,
Benjamin.

0
recbvt (1)

How can I bind the results of Web service to a ListView?
Hi all, I'm new to ASP.NET so I apologize if this is a basic question. I have a Web application. This web application has a ListView on it. For this web app I make calls to a web service which returns data from a database. I return the data using the following format: [WebMethod] public List<Record> Search() { List<Record> list = new List<Record>(); /* Populate list with data from a db */ return list; } public class Record { public String name; public String address; public int ageInYears; } Now I would like from the Web Appl...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

How to add another user's Contacts folder to my Address Book?
Background: Exchange 2003 Server w/ Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I can add any Contacts folders in my mailbox to my Address Book by going into the Properties of the folder and checking "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. However, if I have another user's mailbox (to which I have full permission) in my Folder List, I do not have this option in any of their Contacts folders. How do I add another user's Contacts folder, displayed in my Folder List, to my Address Book? TIA, roshan After a bit of research on SlipStick.com...

Trouble with Forms based authentication in OWA
I am having some problems in setting up OWA with forms based authentication. From my understanding it should work like this: I go to my usual address http://<myserverdomain>/Exchange and I will be directed to the Forms Based Authentication login screen. Once I am there I can choose basic or premium function in OWA and once I authenticate I should be able to access OWA without any other login prompts. Well none of that is happening. Here is what I have done so far. 1. Enabled Forms based authentication in Exchange System manager. 2. Verified that that Authenticated Users group has Read...

Is it possible to log the user's IP address or computer name?
We have Exchange 5.5 here and some users know other's email password. Is there anyway to log the machine IP address since under the property store you can only see the last logon with the user. Can't tell anything if multiple users sign on simultaneously? Lisa ...

Creating a Relationship Between Order Product (salesorderdetail) and Service Activity (serviceappointment)
Hi folks, We are using CRM 4.0 to run a consulting business. Its working pretty well but we want to simply the way we are doing some things. What we want to do is create an Order (salesorder) with multiple Order Products (salesorderdetal). So good so far. Next I want to be able associate each Order Product (salesorderdetail) with a Service Activity (serviceappointment), this representing that this billable line item in the order is actually going to be fulfilled as a consuting engagement. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to create an association between the Order Product (salesor...

deleting CRM users??
Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you make a mistake, etc. You can't delete CRM users, you just have to disable them. "wlandymore" wrote: > Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem > like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you > make a mistake, etc. Hi, It is possible to hard delete a users in the ms crm database, but of course this is not supported. If you chose to delete this...

Refreshing a User Defined Function
To all: On Sheet 1 of my workbook, I have a date in cell A1. In the next sheet, I want the same date as the previous sheet plus seven days. When I copy the latest sheet, I want it to reference the sheet located prior to it rather than referencing the original sheet (Sheet 1). After copying 52 worksheets, I want each of them to reference the sheet located just prior to each of the sheets. I found this User Defined Function posted here on this discussion site and it works great except for one thing. If I change the original date on Sheet 1, the UDF does not automatically update. Is...

Wachovia Bank and online services
If you have noticed that your online services from Wachovia Bank, NA (in the United States) is downloading incorrect balances and not showing any transactions paid and completed as of this past Friday, October 10, you are not alone. The problem is AT THE BANK and therefore this seemingly inexplicable problem does not mean that something bizarre is suddenly wrong with your computer or with Money. To be precise, I run MS Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. My discussion with the bank IT staff today indicated they were not sending correct info and they were aware, once I brought this to their at...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

Logged in as wrong user
I did try posting onto a previous question on this topic but haven't had a reply as it is way down the list of postings so perhaps noone has noticed it. I have somehow managed to get myself in a knot - when I try and log onto CRM from my PC as myself I am ending up logged on as CRM Admin. I have obviously checked a box about "remember password" or somesuch but deleting cookies and restarting the PC hasn't helped (although everywhere else is now prompting me to re-enter my login details). All previous references to this explain the problem but don't tell me how to ...

Relaying denied. Proper authentication required ?????????????
Hi! since a few day I get after I reply a message I get this tracking ingfo: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Subject: Undeliverable: Task status? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Task status? Sent: 16.12.2003 10:53 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Goerge Smith' on 16.12.2003 10:53 550 5.7.1 <Smith@westDigs.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. --------------------------------------------...

How to detect when user switches between open forms?
The user can have multiple non-modal, restored, forms open at once and can switch between them as they want, often by just clicking on their titlebars. These forms are all instances of F_URL. I am using Vista, Access 2007. How do I run a routine anytime the user switches form? F_URL.GotFocus doesn't fire because the Focus event only fires for the particular control that has the focus on the form, and, there are many such possible controls. F_URL.Activate doesn't fire. So, four possibilities as far as I can see: 1. There is probably some obvious event that I'm ju...

Limited User can't use Money
I've installed Money 2004 in hopes to clear this same problem I had with 2001, to no avail. I installed Money 04 with my System Administrator acct. It works fine for me. But when my wife tries with her Limited Account, she cannot get access. How do I get her access to this program and data? I've tried installing it in the All Users dir, but no help. I really don't want to give her Sys Admin priveleges just to use Money. Thanks to anyone that can help. MS Support has no info on this, nor does a Google search turn anything up. If she creates a new Money file, can you b...

Blocking SMTP on primary mailbox?
Hello Exch 2k3 AD 2k3 mixed I am thinking about blocking SMTP on my primary mailbox server with the exception of our AD servers and MX gateway. I recently was approached by a developer who was having problems with an app smtp'ing directly to our primary mail server. Apparently they were trying SMTP servers at random :x So i would like to restrict SMTP traffic. I set a list of IP's in the connections area under system manager > server > protocol > smtp. Are there any major concerns with taking this action or is there a better way to do it? thanks e- I'd sugg...

CRM 4.0 Terminal Services support
I have read through the CRM 4.0 planning guide and the "what's new in CRM 4.0" partner guide, and see very little mention of Terminal Services support for the client Outlook 2003/2007 CRM Plugin. One example in the Planning Guide page 4-63 shows a "Terminal Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" in "Domain B - Forest Y". There also appears to be a discrepancy between these two guides in support for Windows 2000 SP4 - the what's new page 2-11 specifically says it is supported, and the planning guide page 3-29 specifically says it is not. Is t...

Sharing folders between User Accounts on same PC
Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to stay in it's location. Is this possible? TIA. "Richard" <noggod@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:eadR9R0HLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. > > I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. &...

Adding new Online Service
I have my credit union set up under online service manager. I have second account at the credit union for my bowling league. It's a different account number and pin so I can't access it from the main account, at least I can't figure out how. I also have a 401K account with another financial institution. I can't figure out how to add a new Online Service which I would at least need to do to access my 401K account. I think I need to do that to get access to my bowling account online also. Can I do that? In microsoft.public.money, Bill Harrison wrote: >I have my credit u...

Disabling Microsoft Money Background Banking Service (mnybbsvc.exe) in 2007
I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? In microsoft.public.money, Milhouse Van Houten wrote: >I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the >settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? You could remove your LiveID. ...

Inventory User Categories
hey guys I was wondering of anyone knows how to get the description for Inventory user categories to appear on a report or which table the actual description is held on. I know how to use the user categories from the item master table - but i want to use the description that is entered against this category in item category setup. thanks Theo, I just tred adding it and am sorry to say that it seems difficult in RW. At the very least, you would need to use vba to read the Item Category setup table - IV40600. You could use retrieveGlobals and ADO to read the table and return the value to t...

Distro List Managed by Users
I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights to add to and remove names from. The email distro list is comprised of all email addresses of customers that want daily updates from us. I would like this list to either show up in Contacts or the GAL. I am not sure how to do this in Exchange 2003 and I dont even know what kind of info i should be searching for to find this out. THanks. Autodl "Ken Cheney" <digexrules@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eEtxVmBLGHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights t...

Is there a way to share your calendar to other users in CRM sales.

excel html user area import
Hello, Im using excel 2007 and having problems with importing html. Problem is that I need to import data from html page which is in user area( username and password protected). So data imports ok, but when I exit saved excel file and then open it again , it can't refresh data because i'm not logged in. How can i solve this problem? Can I add some html form to excel so I can logon with that form, so I can refresh data? Thank you! ...

How to remove send/receive externally for a user
I have a request to setup some users for internal email only and remove their ability to send/receive external email. How do I do this? I have a 1 Exchange 2003 Server. Thanks see this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9224AEFD-0A70-41A9-9411-3D932D580D6E@microsoft.com... > I have a request to setup some users for internal email only and remove their > ability to send/receive external email. How do I do this? > > I have a 1 Exchange 2003 Server. > > Thanks In Exchange 5.5 ...

Fixed Assets
for example: cost of assets: $60,000 dept start on 1/1/2006, for 10 years, 10% yearly, so each yr is $6,000. but, for this type of assets, a special additioal allowance is allowed for 3 year, each yr $1,600. ie. dept for year 1 = $6,000+$1,600 = $7,600 dept for year 2 = $6,000+$1,600 = $7,600 dept for year 3 = $6,000+$1,600 = $7,600 dept for year 4 to year 9 = $6,000 x 6yr = $36,000 total for 9 yr= ($7,600x3+$36,000)=$58,800 then, dept for year 10 = $1,200 (ie. $60,000-$58,800) how to achieve above? ...