MS Exchange Server 2003 Registry Settings

Hi,

Can anybody give some pointer where I could find all the Registry
Settings relevant to MS Exchange Server 2003?

Thanks in Advance.

Vinay

0
Vinay (23)

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 06:15:00 -0800, vinay
<vinay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anybody give some pointer where I could find all the Registry
>Settings relevant to MS Exchange Server 2003?
>
>Thanks in Advance.
>
>Vinay

I dont think you will find something like that.
Whats the goal?

If you want make sure your installation is optimal, download and run
Exbpa against it.
0
adavid (8731)
2/26/2007 2:19:50 PM
I am performing the backup of MS Exchange Server 2003. So if I have to
restore complete Server After a catatrophic disaster then I should backup all
the registry settings.

Thanks for your response.
--
Vinay Jain

"Andy David {MVP}" wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 06:15:00 -0800, vinay
> <vinay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> >Hi,
> >
> >Can anybody give some pointer where I could find all the Registry
> >Settings relevant to MS Exchange Server 2003?
> >
> >Thanks in Advance.
> >
> >Vinay
>

> I dont think you will find something like that.
> Whats the goal?
>
> If you want make sure your installation is optimal, download and run
> Exbpa against it.

0
Vinay (23)
2/27/2007 4:23:19 AM
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:23:19 -0800, vinay
<vinay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am performing the backup of MS Exchange Server 2003. So if I have to
>restore complete Server After a catatrophic disaster then I should backup all
>the registry settings.
>
>Thanks for your response.

The system state backup will do that for you.
But frankly, if the Exch 2003 server is a member server, you dont even
need that either.
If AD is intact, you can run setup/disasterrecovery and it will pull
what it needs from AD to correctly bring your server back into the
domain.
0
adavid (8731)

My Exchange 5.5 is relaying encapsulated messages HELP!
My Exchange 5.5 server appears to be relaying encapsulated messages. On the "routing" tab of the IMC, I have it set to "re-route SMTP mail..." but on the "routing restrictions" button I have every single item UNCHECKED. Also, I have rebooted the server. I heard that you have to disable encapsulated relaying via the registry, but I can't seem to find the article on Microsoft's site. Can anyone help?? Uncehck re-route SMTP mail. If you have POP or IMAP users who need an SMTP IMC to relay mail, for their use install an IMC on a separate Exchagne 5.5 s...

How can I change default setting in Office start-up?
I need to change the default setting on my Word, Excel and PPT programs (MS Office 2004) so when they open they aren't at, for example, Word 11.3.0, rather at Word 11.2.3. I mac OSX, a G5. When I do a control click on any of those programs, go to "get info" and then choose the 11.2.3 that I want to open with, it does it no problem. When I click "change all" it doesn't change the default -- the 11.3.0 is always the default despite that I'm trying to change all. How do I fix this? BTW this whole problem started when someone at the genius bar deleted one of the...

Upgrade to MS Office for Mac from Windows Office for PC?
Is it possible to upgrade to MS Office for Mac from Windows Office for PC? My sister-in-law just made the move to a mac. Sheowned Office on her old Gateway Laptop, can she upgrade to the Mac from her PC version? thanks. --Kevin Nope, no cross-upgrade discount. But if she bought a new Mac, there is a current discount that she may qualify for, which is even better--check the Office Bonus link at Apple: http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/BizCustom?qprm=78313&family=officebo nus&mco=B6A3A393&cid=WWW-OFFICE051119-JOXP5 Be sure to read the fine print on the rebate coupon--expi...

Bought Pub 2003 now it won't open my Pub 2003 file
I just bought Publisher 2003 yesterday. I spent 3 hours creating a project. I tried to laod the saved project and got the message "Publisher can not open file. I tried open pun 97 files with the same result. I've used Publisher 2.0, 97 for years. What am I missing? Most likely you are running Norton Anti-Virus. Norton AV can actually break a Publisher file rendering it unusable. You need to disable script-blocking and possibly the Office plug-in components of Norton AV. Refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help...

Excel 2003 not understanding Access 2003 "like"
I have a number of Access queries linked and displayed in an Excel workbook by way of Data, Import External Data, Import Data. Some of the criteria and select statements in the queries use the keyword "Like" (e.g. Like "*Smith" to pull up all names ending in "Smith"). These statements seem to be completely ignored by Excel so that records I should see are not appearing in the workbook. This worked fine in versions 97 (from which we've just upgraded) so is this a version 2003 bug? If so, is there a fix? ...

Change 2007 excel Autofilter back to 2003?
Does anyone know if there is a way to change excel's 2007 autofilter functionality back to like excel 2003 autoflilter use to work? I need to quickly bring up like values and compare other columns based upon the filtered values and the extra clicking of the check boxes is driving me nuts! If it helps any (and if you haven't thought about it yet), you can click the "(Select All)" entry twice to remove your current selections. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "jonnybrovo815" <jonnybrovo815@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36837406-1...

RPC over HTTPS with FE and BE exchange configuration
I have configure both Exchange server to use RPC and have install an SSL cert. The cert is a self sign and I have gone through to add it to a trusted publisher. When I configure my Outlook, I notice that the connection are using TCP\IP instead of using HTTPS. I am not sure why it is doing this but I do get connect to the server. The problem that I see is that we I am outside the firewall, I am not able to connect to. What I do see when I try to connect is sometimes it is trying to connect to the BE exchange server and sometime trying to connect to our AD server. Can anyone help with try...

Add a Second Exchange Server
If I want to install a second exchange 2000 server (or 2003) can I just install it normally and then in the event that we lose our primary server (server A) can I take the most recent clean shutdown edb and stm files and mount them to the second server and then have the clients re-point their profiles to server B? Thanks! Hello, Actually the Active Directory will still have them pointing to the old server. You would have to run exchange tasks and remove exchange attributes and then reconnect them through Exchange System Manager to the mailboxes on the new server. They then would...

Exchange System Manager slow to open
It takes my system manger about 3-5 minutes to open. anyone have any idea why this is so. i have my AD dns entries in my TCP\IP properties. I was able to open this program normally before i did a system reload. now it is super slow. ???? help chris holcombc@mail.ecu.edu ...

How many actual users in Exchange 2003?
How can I find out how many users I have on Exchange 2003? In 5.5 I could go to the recipients folder in the Exchange Admin program and it would tell me how many. I know that Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory but I still can not find an exact way to tell me how many mailboxes I have. We want to make sure we are not exceeding our license and will buy more if needed. In Exchange System Manager browse down to your Mailbox Store (under your Server object and Storage Group) and go to Mailboxes and see on your right hand side. If you have more than one mailbox store, check each one. --...

MS Money's Budget tools?
Have there been any upgrades to MS Money's budget tools from 2003 to 2004? I was very un impressed with how limited 2003 was as far as setting up a budget. I'm considering upgrading to 2004, but only if the budget tools are better. Thanks! Mike If that's your criteria, don't upgrade. See http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp to identify budgeting changes in the last several versions. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F3BDC72-3C25-4FCD-930E-F344CC6AEB71@microsoft.com... > Have there been any upgrades to MS Mon...

Currrent date from server
Access XP. The main date entry in the F/E file contains a date field where the user type today's date. Management wanted the date to show automatically. No problem I used date() and locked the box. The problem is that the user can change the date in his/her computer, therefore the date changes in the records. Since the date in the server cannot be changed by the users, is there a way to pass the server's date to date field? Thanx. Do you have user-level security enabled and access to that table locked tightly down? If not, there's nothing to stop the users from changing th...

Subform
I'm trying to add a subform to a form that I had already created. The subform is based off the field for the Patient Visit Date. Each patient may have multiple visit dates, so I added the subform to be able to capture multiple values for the same patient, but whenever I try to enter more than one date I get an error message that says "You can't assign a value to this object. * The object may be a control on a read-only form * The object may be on a form that is open in design view * The value may be too large for this field." I was hoping that when I enter...

Using icon sets with relative references
I am using Excel 2007 in the Vista OS. I am trying to use conditional formatting with an icon set in a column but Excel will not allow relative references. Example: A1=10 min B1=20 max C1=30 oh D1=a formula { =IF(C1=0,B1,(B1-C1)) } The condtional formatting of D1 would be: if the value showing in D1 is >B1 the cell would show a red 'X', if the value showing in D1 is <A1 the cell would show a green 'check mark', and if the value showing in D1 is between the values in A1 and B1 it would show a yellow 'exclamation point'. I can get the D1 ...

Frontpage 2003 network link
Question: for the life of me I can't remember how to create a network link to my website so I can open it directly in Frontpage. Meaning... If I want to edit my webpage in frontpage 2003 directly instead of using my local copy of the website. How do I create a link on my computer and put it on my desktop? I, know this is probably an easy thing for you "brainies" but I can't remember how to do it. Please assist. There are two ways: Open FrontPage and use File->Recent Sites This option will keep the last four websites opened. Opening the website in FrontPage ...

exchange 2007 reconnect
Hello UserA wanted UsersB mailbox. diabled both exchange mailbox and then reconnect userB to userA. UsersA is prompted for userB AD login info. the only way around this was to give userA sendas and full rights to the userB mailfile. Is there another way to fix it. ? what will happen when the AD account for userB is deleted for AD? ...

Exchange 2000 and VPN
I'm running Windows 2000 Server SP4 and Exchange 2000. I recently installed the latest Exchange SP (I think it was SP3). Since that update, my users are unable to connect to the Exchange Server via a VPN connection. When configuring Outlook 2000/2003 for an Exchange Server, the client indicates that it is unable to connect to the Exchange Server even though all setting within Outlook are correct (they never changed). Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know of a setting within the Exchange Server that may need to be changed? Thanks in advance. ...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

Chart drawing problem in Excel 2003
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into excel all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moving shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf belo...

Exchange RPC over HTTP without a seperate Outlook profile?
I have a 35 user network, with an Exchange machine that is also a DC & Global Catalog. I have another DC/File Server. I have two users with laptops who work from home regularly, and I am looking at RPC over HTTP for them. My question is this: Given the situation, would it make sense to just set those two up with RPC over HTTP as the only way they talk to Exchange, even when connected to the local network? Is there a good reason to add the complexity of multiple profiles in this case? I would like to keep things as simple as possible for these users, while not creating other problems...

Exchange Eval 2003
Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to Expire? Thanks Roger Crawford HTS On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:34:18 -0600, Roger Crawford wrote: > Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to > Expire? Thanks Add 120 days to the installation date, if you're unsure when Exchange actually was installed, check the "Exchange Server Setup Progress.log" file typically found on your C: drive. Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

I'm looking for a way to search for any sent messages that are over 90 days of age. I'm able to manually create the criteria: Search in: 'Sent Items', where item is 'Sent on or before' and a manually entered date but can't seem to find a automatic way for the 'Value'. Online help gives no reference on how to create a condition of 'Over xx Days'. ...

Printing the contacts in Exchange OWA 2000 or 2003
Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contacts in OWA Exchange 2000 or 2003? You can print a mailbox's contacts from Outlook. As far as contact objects in the domain/enterprise, you'll probably need to script somethign to extract the data adn then you could format it with Word. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Srfrdrew" <Srfrdrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07829507-865A-4F36-89B9-163D5034208E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contact...

Exchange 5.5 Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 306308
Hi, I am having a problem with Exchange Internet mail service, I recive all errors that the knowlege base article lists, however I am new to exchange and I am unsure as to how to check that the account has permission to logon to the information store. Can someone please help. Thanks in advance. If you go into your services applet in NT 4 go to Information Store servie and then Startup button and look at the bottom at Log On As and see what account you are using. For Win2k, go to the properties of the Information Store and the Log On tab. Hope this helps -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Micr...

MS paramater Query on ODBC Table
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C38C4D.5F11AC30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to and if so how can I run a parameter driven MS query on = an ODBC database table? I want to be able to enter some info into a cell on a spreadsheet and = have a query run to pull back other info relating to my entry. --=20 Regards Dean=20 dkso@ntlworld.com=20 http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C38C4D.5F11AC30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-885...