moving the pub1 and priv1 databases

I want to move my databases to a different hard drive on my exchange server due to the lack of space on the current hard drive. In Exchange 5.5 this was easy to do, however in Exchange 2000 I can't seem to find out how to do it

Any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74722)

see this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257184

"robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to move my databases to a different hard drive on my exchange
server due to the lack of space on the current hard drive. In Exchange 5.5
this was easy to do, however in Exchange 2000 I can't seem to find out how
to do it.

> Any suggestions?

0
susan7353 (1225)
11/17/2003 3:08:45 PM
Hello Robert

Its just as easy in Exchange 2000 once you know how to do it.

Go to the properties of the Mailbox store in the Exchange System Manager.
Go to the Database tab.
Click the Browse button and move them where you want.

To move the transaction log location.
Go to the properties of the Storage group.

Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to move my databases to a different hard drive on my exchange
server due to the lack of space on the current hard drive. In Exchange 5.5
this was easy to do, however in Exchange 2000 I can't seem to find out how
to do it.

> Any suggestions?

0
mbarta (202)

Database maintenance -- Checkdb, dbreindex, stats use sequence?
I have some specific questions about checkdb that I would appreciate if you can give me some guidelines. Thank you for your time. a) Is dbcc checkdb to be used before or after that backup is made? If it is before, should the backup be called off if there are any errors in Checkdb? How does SQL agent handles this if called as a seperate step? b) What errors can you repair safely and what not? When would you say restore is the best way to go? Is that always do a repair before going for a restore? c) When do you do dbrendiex? After checkdb, backup, dbreindex? Is stats update nec...

Database Design Question
I am very new to database design, and kind of learning as I go. Thus I have a question about the design of my database. I am working on a budget database. I have a table that contains all the Categories (Cat_ID, Description, Income/Expense), a table with transactions (I have other tables doing other unrelated things. I have a form to input transactions, and a form to add new categories (This is a multiple items form). The categories is basically my chart of accounts. My ultimate goal is to create a form where I can select a budget month and year, and have it list all t...

How set travel database, look up all flight, hotel, rental cars
I do travel arrangements for a large corp. I need a database for all hotel, flights and rental cars for every person. Currently everything in paper form, but not in a database to look up past people who spent what, where and for what job. Any suggestions of programs to buy, or a way to set it up are greatly appreciated. ...

How to get a listbox to move when scrolling down spreadsheet
I added a calendar control to my spreadsheet which moves down whenever I scroll down the spreadsheet which is fine, and now I want my listboxes to behave the same way, but they don't. I didn't change or add any of the Calendar control properties to get it to work this way and I'm wondering how I can get my combo boxes and listboxes to move as well. The Format Control property for the listboxes/combo boxes is set to "Move but don't size with cells", so I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm using Excel 2002. Any help or ideas on this would be greatly ap...

Repeat Corruption Of Database File
I have database that has been in existence since 1998 with no problems. The database was converted 2007, then due to excessive slowness we reverted back to version 2003. In recent weeks we have been experiencing an increase in corruption. In the most recent instance all of the tables and queries appeared to be deleted from the database. But when I opened forms the data would be displayed in form view and datasheet view. When I compacted and repaired the database all of the tables and queries reappearred except 1 table. Approximately 3 weeks ago we had a corruption were there...

Why Does Plot Area Move?
I have an imbedded pie chart. After printing, the plot area reduces and moves. I wrote a procedure to resize and relocate to the correct location with Sheet.Activate. The size is correct, however, the location is not corrected until the sheet is activated a second time. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thank you in advance. Kindest regards, Jim Kobzeff ...

Cannot move accepted items from organization form to public calendar
We have an organizational event form setup that users send out to designated people for acceptance. They are to get all accepts and then move the event to the public calendar (they cannot until all are accepted). But every now and then users cannot move it to the public calendar even though they've received all acceptances. In my ongoing research into this I've seen some users who will get each acceptance back and them move that accepted email into another folder (out of inbox). Sometimes into a pst folder for example. Could that be a problem? Thanks for any help, ...

select excel cell, highlights cells as mouse moves, cannot do any.
When I open excel and click a cell, the application locks up and I cannot "unclick" the cell. As the mouse is moved around the screen, cells are highlighted (as if you were going to copy, paste, etc). Clicking the mouse button again does nothing and any menu or toolbar items are unclickable. All other office apps operate correctly, machine operates correctly. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "facecage" <facecage@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C11723F2-988B-4A35-894E-22...

Mouse Move response based on combo box value
Hello, all. I have been asked to add a feature to an exiting form where a "note" will appear on mouse over only if a combo box of a continuous form is a particular value (i.e. Annual Safety Training). The main form is frmEmployees, the subform is subformClassesAttended. The combo box is Combo12, but it is displaying the text description (colmun 2) associated with a bound field of a number type, classID. I have a hidden label, lblInfo, with the info to be displayed but am not sure of the coding & whether I should be referencing the description in Combo12 or Class...

Semicolons need to be moved!PLZ help
Hi, Can someone plz help: Ive imported data from a text file into an excel sheet The data is of the format: Company;Addr1;Addr2;Phone the text file was created with errors in, some of the addresses are split by semicolon, sample : SomeCompany;Jason;Park;Washington 123 22 3333 and SomeCompany;Jason;Park;New York 123 222 3333 As you can see the last 2 semicolons need to be moved: SomeCompany;Jason Park;Washington;123 22 3333 SomeCompany;Jason Park;New York;123 22 3333 I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance. Pete -- MavR...

Reporting/linking across databases
Is this something I can do? I am an intermediate user at best. I can create queries and reports, but know no macros or SQL. I'm sick of having to copy and paste a report 3 times over between DBs. What are my options? Thanks! Maybe you should explain why you need multiple DBs with the same reports. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Karina M ;)" wrote: > Is this something I can do? I am an intermediate user at best. I can create > queries and reports, but know no macros or SQL. I'm sick of having to copy > and paste a report 3 times over between DBs. W...

Rule
Hi I have access to 2 email boxes, one personal, the other one is shared among a group of people. I'm sending emails from this group email box but the copy of the emailt is stored in my personal mail box's Sent Item. I want to keep the copy in the Group Email Box sent item, not my personal Sent Item so everyone will have access to it. I'm trying to set up a rule that checks the message after sending and if the "From" field is the group email box then move it to the Group Email Box Sent Item However, I can not find any rule that checks the "From" field. ...

Keeping data private per User in a multi user database
Hello. I have an Accounting Access DB that I intend at some point to split into front-end (tables, forms, reports) and back-end (data), then I hope to deploy on the web. I will eventually have around 30 distributed users (only about 5 concurrent) – each inputs the same type of financial data but does business independent of the others and so must NEVER see the data entered by the other users. To make future releases and bug fixes as simple as possible, I intend to have a single instance of the front-end that each of the Users will access. However, as each User must NEVER see...

Communicate with a Database During an XSL Transform
For those interested, I've just posted a new article that I wrote that = describes how to extend the power of your XSL transforms by = communicating with a database to output live information in the rendered = HTML document. Communicate with a Database During an XSL Transform http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D30 --=20 Greg Collins [Microsoft MVP] Visit Brain Trove ( http://www.BrainTrove.com ) ...

Problem after moving files
Hi, a customer of mine just moved all his Exchange 5.5 mdb-files (with directories) to new drive, dismounted his old d: and renamed the new drive to d: to get the paths right. After this he cannot start any other service than the SA. If he tries to start the DS he get´s an error stating "cannot start the directory. This could be an internal win error..." and no eventlog at all. The first eventmessage stated i by the IS who says that it´s depending on the directory to start and returns an odd "%%0" error. Anyone have any ideas about this? "ThomasA"...

Rules and Alerts: Move to folder then when it starts to age delete
Hello, i wonder it you can help me? At work I get a logisitics report sent to me via email every other day. I currently have a rule that puts this report into a Logistics Report folder. Each qtr I archive all my email. Is there an automatic way to move this report to a logisitics report folder and then auto delete these as they start to get old prior to the full Archive. ie I would only like to keep these reports for say a week and idealy delete them all but the latest one prior to archiving. Can this be done? Many thanks Jonathan ...

How can I get a pivot table to recognize a growing database?
I add new data to the data range weekly. To get the (6) pivot tables which look at the data to update and include the new lines, I have to go into the wizard and redefine the data range for each pivot. There must be an easier way. Hi Nort frustration isn't it ... check out "dynamic ranges, naming" at www.contextures.com/tiptech.html for an solution -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Nort" <Nort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46BD0E21-43D0-492B-AA40-1A83B72EF741@microsoft.c...

Insert/Update tables in a database with relational data from an XML file
Hi, Could anybody just point me in a direction where I can find information on how the heck I can update a database with relational data from an XML file. I use stored procedures to insert the data. And I am NOT storing the xml in the database. I want to map the xml elements to the database columns. I am about to start peeling my skin off in frustration about this. There are loads of info how to update using SetParentRow with ONE parent row and ONE child row like this: Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection("DataSource... ") conn.Open()...

Moving mailboxes between machines
I have a couple of Win 2K servers on my network and I have installed a second instance of Exchange 2000 onto the second server. The reason is that the disk is starting to flake and I need to move everything over from the flaky machine (ZEUS) to the new machine (ODIN). I was told to use ExMerge to move the good messages over. After fiddling with the user rights I got the log to say that the process worked. (see the log extract below for an example of my moving a small mailbox). When I look at servers in the Exchange Manager I see that the mailbox remained on the source server, ZEUS...

Ann: Contacts to DataBase
The "IMI Contact2DB Synchrony" is small application that can export/extract Contacts items from any Outlook and Exchange Contact Folders, including Microsoft Exchange Server Public Folders and save it to any type of Database. The current build is 0.3 alphas. This version has been tested with Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Access 2002, Microsoft Excel 2002, Paradox 7, DBase. The actual link for the "IMI Contact2DB Synchrony" is: http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/subscribe.asp -- Iv Borissov IMI Support Team http://www.imibo.com/...

Move AR/AP Historical Info
Is there a tool to move historical AR and AP information from one company database to another in GP9? What about Collections Management notes? We have two company databases. One company was purchased a few years ago as a separate, wholly-owned subsidiary. It will become part of the other company at the beginning of our new fiscal year (April 1). To make it easier for our GP users, I'd like to move the history over along with the open AR & AP transactions and Collections notes so that they don't have to switch back to the closed company database to look up historical info...

move e-mail to Junk E-Mail folder
Good morning! We have a client who asked what I think is a simple question yet I can not find away to do this. User is using Outlook 2003 SP2. There is currently no Exchange Server in this environment (that will change in a month). There area couple parts to this question: 1) He can be looking at e-mails in his Inbox. He decides that he wants to add an e-mail from me to his safe senders list. Okay. Not a problem. However, let's say that he wants to add an e-mail from me and an e-mail from my colleague. So, now the e-mail from me and from my colleague are selected. He can n...

Outlook 2002 won't send e-mails & can't delete or move emails
I am getting the send receive error 0x8004060C on all my mail accounts. Mail does not leave my out box and cannot be deleted. When I try to move or delete an email I get a messeging interfase error. Closing & reopening does not help nor does shutting off & restarting computer. Ideas? ...

SBS 2003 Backup Fails to Backup priv1.edb
We have SBS 2003 SP2, with Exchange server SP2. Our Exchange database size is around 32GB. Lately when I run SBS Backup to a Tape I get Backup Status Failed. The issue as I can see, is that as it tries to backup C:\ it has issues with Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb But later when it backs up Exchange Database it goes through fine. Any help with this is very much appreciated. Below is the Log. 10/05/2010 11:00 PM ------------------------------- Date: 10/05/2010 Time: 11:00 PM User: SYSTEM ------------------------------- Backup Runner started. NTMS session started...

Merging GP Databases
We have two separate company databases in GP V9.0. On April 1, we want to merge them into one company database. I'm not wanting GL history so much as the AP & AR open & historical, including collections notes. I can copy the open transactions and the vendor & customer cards over, no problem, but it is the history, especially the collections notes that I'm not so sure about. Any advice from the group before I contact my VAR? -- Elisabeth Hi Elisabeth The only way I know to this properly is to re-intregrate all the transactions. What i mean by this is to set the ...