Moving the full text index property store

Hi,

We are not using FT indexing, but the following directories exist in our
clustered environment, i wish to move these from the existing disk to a new
volume.

X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Config
X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\GatherLogs
X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Projects

I notice that you can use the pstoreutl.exe program to move store logs, does
this move all three folders?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/08728b4b-6416-40c5-a5a9-8458d1012fbf.aspx

Thanks
Matthew

0
mattee76 (43)

Actually, there is a more specific article that talks about how to move the
Property Store and Property Store Logs on a cluster:

Here are additional articles on how to move other MSSearch files:
MSSearch Temp Directory:

MSSearch Index (Catalog) Directory:

MSSearch GathererLogs Directory:

However, I don't believe that following these steps will achieve exactly
what you are looking for.  This article should cover what you are looking
for:

How to move shared cluster resources to new hard disk drives by using the
same drive letters in Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927468

--Chris
Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
newsgroup purposes only.
"Matthew M (UK)" <mattee76@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We are not using FT indexing, but the following directories exist in our
> clustered environment, i wish to move these from the existing disk to a
> new volume.
>
> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Config
> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\GatherLogs
> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Projects
>
> I notice that you can use the pstoreutl.exe program to move store logs,
> does this move all three folders?
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/08728b4b-6416-40c5-a5a9-8458d1012fbf.aspx
>
> Thanks
> Matthew

Hi,

If we are not using full text indexing, will there be a problem if we remove
these folders? Could we go ahead an delete the cluster resource?

Matthew

"Chris Ahlers [MSFT]" <Chris.Ahlers@online.Microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Actually, there is a more specific article that talks about how to move
> the Property Store and Property Store Logs on a cluster:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124656.aspx
>
> Here are additional articles on how to move other MSSearch files:
> MSSearch Temp Directory:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124988.aspx
>
> MSSearch Index (Catalog) Directory:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124176.aspx
>
> MSSearch GathererLogs Directory:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124219.aspx
>

> However, I don't believe that following these steps will achieve exactly
> what you are looking for.  This article should cover what you are looking
> for:
>
> How to move shared cluster resources to new hard disk drives by using the
> same drive letters in Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927468
>
> --Chris
> rights.
> Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.
> "Matthew M (UK)" <mattee76@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are not using FT indexing, but the following directories exist in our
>> clustered environment, i wish to move these from the existing disk to a
>> new volume.
>>
>> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Config
>> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\GatherLogs
>> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Projects
>>
>> I notice that you can use the pstoreutl.exe program to move store logs,
>> does this move all three folders?
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/08728b4b-6416-40c5-a5a9-8458d1012fbf.aspx
>>
>> Thanks
>> Matthew

0
mattee76 (43)
3/19/2007 3:53:14 PM
Well, sort of.  The cluster resource is only half of it because the MSSearch
service will actually load the Full-Text Index as well.

The following KB article describes how to delete and then recreate the
MSSearch application for Exchange: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830189/
If you want to remove the MSSearch application for Exchange, then I would
suggest executing steps 1 through 7 which will completely delete the
MSSearch application from the Exchange Server.  If you ever want to bring
MSSearch back, then you would execute stesps 8 through 10.

> Hi,
>
> If we are not using full text indexing, will there be a problem if we
> remove these folders? Could we go ahead an delete the cluster resource?
>
> Matthew
>

> "Chris Ahlers [MSFT]" <Chris.Ahlers@online.Microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Actually, there is a more specific article that talks about how to move
>> the Property Store and Property Store Logs on a cluster:
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124656.aspx
>>
>> Here are additional articles on how to move other MSSearch files:
>> MSSearch Temp Directory:
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124988.aspx
>>
>> MSSearch Index (Catalog) Directory:
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124176.aspx
>>
>> MSSearch GathererLogs Directory:
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124219.aspx
>>

>> However, I don't believe that following these steps will achieve exactly
>> what you are looking for.  This article should cover what you are looking
>> for:
>>
>> How to move shared cluster resources to new hard disk drives by using the
>> same drive letters in Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927468
>>
>> --Chris
>> rights.
>> Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
>> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
>> newsgroup purposes only.
>> ================================================================================
>> "Matthew M (UK)" <mattee76@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We are not using FT indexing, but the following directories exist in our
>>> clustered environment, i wish to move these from the existing disk to a
>>> new volume.
>>>
>>> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Config
>>> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\GatherLogs
>>> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Projects
>>>
>>> I notice that you can use the pstoreutl.exe program to move store logs,
>>> does this move all three folders?
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/08728b4b-6416-40c5-a5a9-8458d1012fbf.aspx
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Matthew

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for your advice, i will look into this.

Regards

> Well, sort of.  The cluster resource is only half of it because the
> MSSearch service will actually load the Full-Text Index as well.
>
> The following KB article describes how to delete and then recreate the
> MSSearch application for Exchange: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830189/
> If you want to remove the MSSearch application for Exchange, then I would
> suggest executing steps 1 through 7 which will completely delete the
> MSSearch application from the Exchange Server.  If you ever want to bring
> MSSearch back, then you would execute stesps 8 through 10.
>
> --Chris
> rights.
> Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.
> "Matthew M (UK)" <mattee76@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> If we are not using full text indexing, will there be a problem if we
>> remove these folders? Could we go ahead an delete the cluster resource?
>>
>> Matthew
>>

>> "Chris Ahlers [MSFT]" <Chris.Ahlers@online.Microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:OqlKdmjaHHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Actually, there is a more specific article that talks about how to move
>>> the Property Store and Property Store Logs on a cluster:
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124656.aspx
>>>
>>> Here are additional articles on how to move other MSSearch files:
>>> MSSearch Temp Directory:
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124988.aspx
>>>
>>> MSSearch Index (Catalog) Directory:
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124176.aspx
>>>
>>> MSSearch GathererLogs Directory:
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124219.aspx
>>>

>>> However, I don't believe that following these steps will achieve exactly
>>> what you are looking for.  This article should cover what you are
>>> looking for:
>>>
>>> How to move shared cluster resources to new hard disk drives by using
>>> the same drive letters in Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927468
>>>
>>> --Chris
>>> ===========================================================================
>>> rights.
>>> Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
>>> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
>>> newsgroup purposes only.
>>> ================================================================================
>>> "Matthew M (UK)" <mattee76@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message

0
mattee76 (43)
3/20/2007 7:19:51 PM
Hi Chris,

How about if i change the details in the registry and then restart the
search resource?

Say:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\search\1.0\Applications\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%
    SearchDirectory    REG_SZ
X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\Projects

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\search\1.0\Databases\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%

    FileName    REG_SZ
X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%.edb
    LogPath    REG_SZ    X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\search\1.0\Gathering
Manager\Applications\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%

    ApplicationPath    REG_SZ    X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\
    DefaultProjectPath    REG_SZ
X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\Projects

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\search\1.0\Indexer\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%
    ApplicationPath    REG_SZ    X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\

Thanks
Matthew

"Chris Ahlers [MSFT]" <Chris.Ahlers@online.Microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well, sort of.  The cluster resource is only half of it because the
> MSSearch service will actually load the Full-Text Index as well.
>
> The following KB article describes how to delete and then recreate the
> MSSearch application for Exchange: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830189/
> If you want to remove the MSSearch application for Exchange, then I would
> suggest executing steps 1 through 7 which will completely delete the
> MSSearch application from the Exchange Server.  If you ever want to bring
> MSSearch back, then you would execute stesps 8 through 10.
>
> --Chris
> rights.
> Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.
> "Matthew M (UK)" <mattee76@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> If we are not using full text indexing, will there be a problem if we
>> remove these folders? Could we go ahead an delete the cluster resource?
>>
>> Matthew
>>

>> "Chris Ahlers [MSFT]" <Chris.Ahlers@online.Microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:OqlKdmjaHHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Actually, there is a more specific article that talks about how to move
>>> the Property Store and Property Store Logs on a cluster:
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124656.aspx
>>>
>>> Here are additional articles on how to move other MSSearch files:
>>> MSSearch Temp Directory:
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124988.aspx
>>>
>>> MSSearch Index (Catalog) Directory:
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124176.aspx
>>>
>>> MSSearch GathererLogs Directory:
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124219.aspx
>>>

>>> However, I don't believe that following these steps will achieve exactly
>>> what you are looking for.  This article should cover what you are
>>> looking for:
>>>
>>> How to move shared cluster resources to new hard disk drives by using
>>> the same drive letters in Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927468
>>>
>>> --Chris
>>> ===========================================================================
>>> rights.
>>> Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
>>> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
>>> newsgroup purposes only.
>>> ================================================================================
>>> "Matthew M (UK)" <mattee76@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message

0
mattee76 (43)
3/23/2007 2:38:18 PM
If you are going to do this, then you should change every REG_SZ that
contains a path under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\search\1.0 to
point to the new location.  If you miss one, there could be problems.

I can't think of any reason why this would not give the desired results, but
I can't say for certain that I have tried this.

> Hi Chris,
>
> How about if i change the details in the registry and then restart the
> search resource?
>
> Say:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\search\1.0\Applications\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%
>    SearchDirectory    REG_SZ
> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\Projects
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\search\1.0\Databases\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%
>
>    FileName    REG_SZ
> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%.edb
>    LogPath    REG_SZ    X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\search\1.0\Gathering
> Manager\Applications\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%
>
>    ApplicationPath    REG_SZ    X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\
>    DefaultProjectPath    REG_SZ
> X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\Projects
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\search\1.0\Indexer\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%
>    ApplicationPath    REG_SZ    X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%ServerName%\
>

> Thanks
> Matthew
>
> "Chris Ahlers [MSFT]" <Chris.Ahlers@online.Microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Well, sort of.  The cluster resource is only half of it because the
>> MSSearch service will actually load the Full-Text Index as well.
>>
>> The following KB article describes how to delete and then recreate the
>> MSSearch application for Exchange:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830189/
>> If you want to remove the MSSearch application for Exchange, then I would
>> suggest executing steps 1 through 7 which will completely delete the
>> MSSearch application from the Exchange Server.  If you ever want to bring
>> MSSearch back, then you would execute stesps 8 through 10.
>>
>> --Chris
>> ================================================================================
>> rights.
>> Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
>> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
>> newsgroup purposes only.
>> ================================================================================
>> "Matthew M (UK)" <mattee76@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If we are not using full text indexing, will there be a problem if we
>>> remove these folders? Could we go ahead an delete the cluster resource?
>>>
>>> Matthew
>>>

>>> "Chris Ahlers [MSFT]" <Chris.Ahlers@online.Microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:OqlKdmjaHHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Cannot insert pictures in Pubisher. Text also disappears!
I have worked for several hours on a newsletter, now everything changes. Photos overlay on print and print disappears. Read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Disgusted" <Disgusted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:421A5715-4D0A-4EC9-8C94-941B4B9DBA9F@microsoft.com... >I have worked for several hours on a newsletter, now everything changes. > Photos over...

RecordsAffected property
Hi, I need help understanding how the RecordsAffected property woks. I am using the recordsaffected property to capture the number of records inserted into a table. the code is pretty simple RQDb.Execute sql, dbFailOnError lngCount = RQDb.RecordsAffected However it is not working it returns 1 even when it fails to insert the record due to a key violation and should return 0. why? If I run the query manually I get two messages 1) You're about to append 1 row(s) the I click on yes and I get the other message 2) Microsoft Access cannot append all the records in the append...

Problem wiih declared index in xml
In Access 2003, I exported a table in a file.XML, with shema (and with primary keys ans index informations) and data. One of the rules on indexes is that field 'Name' & 'First Name' must be unique. And I can see that is defined in the shema of the .xml file. Now, I read this file when opening a form in VS2005 with this code : ------------------------------- Dim dt As New DataSet dt.ReadXml("c:\temp\obj2.xml", XmlReadMode.ReadSchema) Me.DataGridView1.DataSource = dt.Tables("obj") ------------------------------- So, I see data in the DataGridView, and it ...

moving right to left
How do I set the the enter button to transition right instead of down? -- new to excel tools>options>edit> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Bruce B" <BruceB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E09E5834-3531-4F1D-964E-DB7521D10377@microsoft.com... > How do I set the the enter button to transition right instead of down? > -- > new to excel Tools|options|Edit tab Move selection after enter section. Bruce B wrote: > > How do I set the the enter button to transition right instead of down? > -- > new ...

How do we set text frame properties to automatically default ...
.... to include each time: "Include "Continued on page ..." "Include "Continued from page..." I'm finding that that's just something automatic. I don't need to have this as a manual option; it's a given. _All_ text that autoflows needs that for my newsletters. I just realized I forgot to set that in one of the Autflow text frames so had to go back in just now to a doct. Yet I'd already sent a copy to the office. But I didn't find how to do this in the help file. I'm obviously not knowing what to call this so as to bring up the ...

Text control?
Hi! I'm coding a vector based drawing program and have implemented different shapes. The thing I'm trying to figure out now is how text manipulation works in MFC. I would like to be able to create a text, select, edit, resize and delete the text. I also want to save the different texts attribute when the user closes the program. I have up to this point only experimented with TextOut but find it to limiting and only useful for outputting predefined text. /Thanks Andreas > I'm coding a vector based drawing program and have implemented different > shapes. The thing I'...

Exchange information store service stops responding every 2 hours
Running Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 on Windows NT 4.0 server. Two days ago at approximately 5:30PM, the information store stopped responding. We restarted the server and now the information store stops responding every 2 hours like clockwork as we have to reboot each time. We get an event ID 1220 when it stops and no mail is delivered. I also noticed another event ID 3027 from the internet mail service stating the inbound SMTP queue currently exceeds 4000 items. I have seen a Microsoft KB article 908979 that lists a hotfix for the information store stops responding periodically. Canno...

Exchange 2003 issue after moving stores
Any takers? We moved Exchange back to the default location and now: Exchange is working, but Message Tracking is not, and a few other management operations. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 9097 Date: 10/31/2005 Time: 7:14:58 PM User: N/A Computer: ADINA Description: The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to connect to WMI, error '0x80080005'. Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: General Event ID: 489 Date: 10/30/2005 Time: 3:04:08 AM User: N/A Computer: ADINA Description: Information Store (4088) First Storage Gro...

Plain text replies
Greetings, I would like to set up Outlook such that when I want to reply to an HTML, plain text, or any kind of email for that matter, Outlook automatically creates the reply using plain text, with a ">" prefixed at the beginning of each line, and each line no more than 76 characters long. Seems simple enough. To accomplish this, I first went to Tools, and then Options, and then clicked the email options button in the preferences tab. In the drop down box labeled "When replying to a message", I selected "Prefix each line of the original message". In the...

combo and text control behavior
I originally posted this message elsewhere, but haven't yet resolved the issued. This post contains some additional information and a more descriptive Subject line. I have a continuous form (frm1) with a combobox. Rowsource for the cbo is a lookup table with 2 fields (chID and chName). Intent is to select an item from the cbo and have it displayed in the cbo with the second field from the look up table displayed in a text box (txtName) on the form. Recordsource for the form is an inner join between the main table and the lookup table with all of the main table fields and chName. The ...

Not triggering "BeforeUpdate" in text box on UserForm
OK, so I need an education here (and what better place to find one...) In Excel 97 I have a UserForm with a text box that has VBA code in the '__BeforeUpdate()' event. The form also has a command button. It appears that if the user types stuff in the textbox, then immediately mouse-clicks the command button, the _beforeUpdate() event of the text box is not triggered. It also appears that the ControlSource range of the text box is not updated in this circumstance. The _Change() event is not a particularly good option here, since I still have to know when the user has fully completed the...

moving old OE messages/folders into new computer
I'm trying to move or copy messages, nicely organized and residing in several inbox/sent subfolders from OE v6 in my old computer to OE v6 in my new computer. Also trying to move address book/contacts. I have tried usb cable transfer, net-working, even putting the old hard drive in the new machine; nothing works. The OE v6 in my new computer will not see any of this stuff or recognize formats. Any thoughts? Thanks Bud Calloway bud@nstarplanes.com FLL, FL For OE info see here http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ or an OE ng not OL, completely different app. "bud calloway" &...

Moving to another domain
We have a exchange 2000 server on domain xyz.com and wish to move it on to domain zyx.com. What is the best way to do this? The domain that it is currently on will nolonger be used. Cheers Not supported. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812453 On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:55:01 -0700, jastheace <jastheace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a exchange 2000 server on domain xyz.com and wish to move it on to domain zyx.com. What is the best way to do this? The domain that it is currently on will nolonger be used. > >Cheers Thanks for that. "...

Find/Replace text, NOT format!!!
HELLO. I am running into an extremely irritating problem in excel 2003. Here is the situation, I am dealing with files that are very large, for example the file in question has 12,900 rows. All of the information is imported from a text file, generated by another program. I didn't originally bring in the information, someone else did, and now I am in charge of this file. So here is the situation, there is a column called "DISPOSITION" containing 4 digit names. One of the names is "5APR" When this list was imported some time ago, the format of the column must have...

change HTML-mails to plain-text
My Problem is with incoming HTML-mails. If you open the mail and activate in the menue EDIT-edit (bearbeiten) e.g. Word or Excel will be opened, although in the menue TOOLS- Options-E-Mail-format Word is NOT activated as an editor. I want to stop this behaviour, becaus some PCs aren't able to print those mails or even see the full contents (the mails end with ">SPAN". Couldn't find another entry therefor in the www.) Aren't there any professionals reading this? silke <eilers@mucos.de> wrote: > My Problem is with incoming HTML-mails. If you open the &...

Reading text strings from a listbox in a different process
Does anyone have any ideas how to extract text strings from a listbox in different process? I've tried the following code, but had no success: HWND hWnd = ::FindWindow(NULL, m_window_caption); HWND hCtrl = ::FindWindowEx(hWnd, NULL, NULL, (LPCTSTR) m_controlname); long cId = ::GetWindowLong(hCtrl, GWL_ID); char buffer[2048]; int y = ::SendDlgItemMessage(hWnd, cId, LB_GETCOUNT, 0, 0); ::SendDlgItemMessage(hWnd, cId, LB_GETTEXT, y -1, (LPARAM) buffer); First, are you sure you have the right handle? You seem to be going through a fairly convoluted set of calls to solve a simple probl...

Moving data from Word to Excel
I need to move a list of address from Word to Excel so I can import the Excel data file into a shared Outlook address book. I can simply Copy & Paste, but how can I set up the Excel worksheet so that it will import correctly into Outlook? TIA dependsupon how the addrsses are configred in MS word If the addresses are in lines for e.g. venkat 28 sadulla street t.nagar rajaraman bajajapts nandanam ext In that case highlight all the addresses and click edit copy and go to excel highlight any cell and click paste each address will be in the first column assuming as in the above exam...

Moving Exc 2000 mailboxes to another Exc 2000 serv in the same dom
I would like to move all my mailboxes from Server-A to Server-B. I configured the 2 exchange servers and was able to move a test mailbox from Server-A to Server-B. Both servers are in the same Administration Group. I am also able to configure a workstation with Outlook to open the Test users mailbox. However, the test user can not send email to my mailbox which resides on Server-A and when I email the test user I get: A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. ...

Is there a way to use background pattern fill for just a text box?
Does anyone know if there is a way to use the background colors/textures in just a text box and not the whole project? I have Publisher 2002. Thanks Kristine kda949, Click on the little down arrow next to the Fill Color icon. Choose Fill Effects. Have fun... "kda949" <kda949@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6236C9FF-3EFD-4019-8C9D-0BA36EE0373F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a way to use the background colors/textures > in > just a text box and not the whole project? I have Publisher 2002. > > Thanks > Kristine ...

Need a macro to insert text in a cell that already has text.Excel
I want a macro that will allow me insert text in a cell where I have placed my curser. Sounds easy. Hope it is. Help! Sharon Sub PlaceText() ActiveCell.Value = "ABCD" End Sub if you mean you are editing a text string in a cell and you want to insert text within the text string, then there is no direct support for that. For any practical application, macros do not run when you are in edit mode. Try copying the text string to add by selecting just the text and doing Ctrl+c now where your cursor is in the cell where you want it added, do Ctrl+v -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "go...

Text To Dates
I have trouble with Excel converting text to dates. For example: I set the row to text and enter Jan 02, Feb 02 ... Dec 02; I copy the entries Jan 02 through Dec 02 and paste them in the same row (Which I previously set to text); I replace the 02 with 03 expecting to have Jan 03, Feb 03 ... Dec 03; However, Excel, in its infinite wisdom, converts my new items to 3 Jan 04, 3 Feb 04 ... 3 Dec 04. How can I get Excel to accept my change and keep the fields as Jan 03 etc. An easy fix is to use the month fill, but I have had similar problems in the past and wondered if what I can do to fix...

Conditional Formatting for one cell matching another with text
I NEED A FORMULA TO DO THIS: IN D18 TURN TEXT RED IF IT DOES NOT MATCH CONTENTS EITHER G7 OR H7 MEANING IF D18 HAS TEXT, IT HAS TO MATCH TEXT IN EITHER G7 OR H7 OR TEXT IN D18 WILL TURN RED BTW...G7="DAYS" AND H7="HALF" "MomHudd" wrote: > I NEED A FORMULA TO DO THIS: > > IN D18 TURN TEXT RED IF IT DOES NOT MATCH CONTENTS EITHER G7 OR H7 > > > MEANING IF D18 HAS TEXT, IT HAS TO MATCH TEXT IN EITHER G7 OR H7 OR TEXT IN > D18 WILL TURN RED > Please don't multi-post. -- David Biddulph MomHudd wrote: ...

Datasheet View
Hi, Could anybody solve this problem? I need to show Form in Datasheet view where all the fields need to be clear except Autonumber field. To explain you further, When i open form in Datasheet view, whatever the data i used before, it is coming again when i re-open. In the Form(Datasheet view) i have used Autonumber field. Hence, When i open again the default value of the autonumber ONLY should come. Rest data whatever we used earlier need to be clear. I used below code in 'Form load' where it shows some error. Text1.text = "" / Text1.value = "" Combo1.va...

Outlook 2007 Moving Images
People with Outlook 2003 do not have this problem but I cannot view animated images that come embedded inside of Outlook 2007. What is the setting that needs to be changed to allow this? Thanks! As I recall those were disabled for security reasons. (and because they're awfully annoying - my opinion) Offhand I don't know of a way to reenable them. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "RGA" <blahATblahDOTblah> wrote in message news:eNSzPoK8HHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... ...

Can I set automatic moves of messages to other email folders?
When I receive messages from specific people or contacts, I would like them to automatically go to a specific folder instead of me having to move them to this folder manually. Is there a way to do this? See Rules and Alerts under Tools. Tami Harris wrote: > When I receive messages from specific people or contacts, I would like them > to automatically go to a specific folder instead of me having to move them to > this folder manually. Is there a way to do this? Yes, under Tools > rules and alerts there is a template rule you can use to do that very thing &qu...