Moving some users to new mailbox database fails

A new client of mine runs Exchange 2007 Standard SP1 on a single server.
Today their Information Store shutdown due to being over 250GB in size (300GB
to be exact). The site has 120 users and do not want to be limited on email
storage space.

We created a new Database and tried moving seven users over. Only four moved
successfully. The other three genereated events: 9660, 1022, 8507, and 1008.
The users mailbox size varies from 1.5GB to 4.5GB.

For troubleshooting, I have already verified the account I'm using has
FullAccess permissions to the account. I've also verified that the account is
associated to a non-disabled AD user account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On Fri, 7 May 2010 16:09:01 -0700, Phillip
<Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>A new client of mine runs Exchange 2007 Standard SP1 on a single server.
>Today their Information Store shutdown due to being over 250GB in size (300GB
>to be exact). The site has 120 users and do not want to be limited on email
>storage space.
>
>We created a new Database and tried moving seven users over. Only four moved
>successfully. The other three genereated events: 9660, 1022, 8507, and 1008.
>The users mailbox size varies from 1.5GB to 4.5GB.
>
>For troubleshooting, I have already verified the account I'm using has
>FullAccess permissions to the account. I've also verified that the account is
>associated to a non-disabled AD user account.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Providing just the event id's isn't helpful.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

entering new data in a saved spreadsheet without losing formulas?
How do I do this? Hi Jackie, As long as you do not overwrite the formulas, then any new data will not affect the formula. I suspect though that there is more to this question. Are you concerned about writing new data into a cell that has a formula in it? The way to stop a cell's data being overwritten is to put protection onto it. This means taking protection off all the other cells otherwise you will not be able to write data to any cell. First select the whole worksheet concerned, then go to Format\Cells and select the protection tab and unselect the 'locked' tick box,...

Clean all "data" from a database
Access 2007 on Win XP I have an existing database that I want to use for a new function. I do want to start out with empty tables after the demonstration and training phase. Therefore I am looking for a way to empty all data records from all tables. I have read and understand the process of creating a new database and exporting the tables as structure or definition only. My question is in Access 2007 is it possible to execute this procedure on more than one table, query,form, or report at a time? I have 10 tables, 20 queries, 22 forms, and 32 reports. I have attemptted to se...

Safe to Move?

Deleting 1 folder across multiple Mailboxes
We created a duplicate junk mail folder and want to delete it across multiple mailboxes. Is there a utility that will do this or do we need to open each mailbox individually? We have 1200 mailboxes. Thank you Exmerge.exe will do this...it is available at download.microsoft.com. "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:886F1600-5F60-43F1-9F64-968C2F0FB115@microsoft.com... > We created a duplicate junk mail folder and want to delete it across > multiple > mailboxes. Is there a utility that will do this or do we need to open > each &...

How to accept emails for non-exchange users?
When just using the IIS SMTP server, all emails coming in to invalid users at my.domain got put in the drop folder. We had another email system that would look in the drop folder for those .eml files and process them seperately. Now that we've switched to Exchange, any email that comes in for a recipient on my.domain that is not an exchange user is bounced. How can I get it to behave the same as the IIS SMTP server and drop emails not deliverable to exchange users in the drop or bad folder so my other system can grab them? - In Recipient Policy, uncheck "this Exchange Org...

MSCRM API failing with User defined fields.Help !

Forwarding to external mailbox from exchange
It appears to me that one can only forward mail to another mailbox within the same domain. We would like to forward some mailboxes to external locations. Can we do that? Cliff On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:05:02 -0700, kliphy <kliphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It appears to me that one can only forward mail to another mailbox within the >same domain. We would like to forward some mailboxes to external locations. >Can we do that? > >Cliff mail-enabled contacts. Doh! Thanks! "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:05:02 -0700, kliphy &...

IIS Admin Service keep failing
Hi there, We have been running Exchange2003 on Win2003 Standard for the last year with little or no problems. Since December though, IIS Admin service keeps failing along with FTP Publishing, Smtp and Exchange Routing Engine. It auto restarts the services until the count reaches 50 and then stops (it reaches 50 in about 24 hours) We are running the latest levels on Server2003 and Exchange2003, EX Best Practices Analyser comes back fine. I found 1 article about this but it was to do with 2000 and says I dont need to apply the patch as it is included in SP1 System Log gives event ID 703...

API TO get User Name
What is an Win32 call to get the user name in the form of COMPUTER\\User ? >What is an Win32 call to get the user name in the form of COMPUTER\\User ? Have a look at GetUserNameEx NameSamCompatible Dave Hi Michael, Yes, just as David provided, GetUserNameEx will help you to retrieve the user or other security principal associated with the calling thread. If you got a different token other than the current calling thread, you may first call ImpersonateLoggedOnUser by passing the token to impersonate the token in the current thread and then use GetUserNameEx to obtain the user ...

Deleted Anonymous user in Calendar
Hi there, One of my users deleted the anonymous user in the Calendar permissions, and now cannot show his time as being blocked off with generic coloured bars for free/busy times. We are running Exchange Server 2003. We have tried the Symprex tool with no luck, and re-creating an "anonymous" user has not worked. Thanks, Alex What version of Outlook? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36D20FE1-BE0A-4588-BC23-AE47B0B9D8F0@microsoft.com... &g...

New Update - CCNA BSCI ARCH CCIE-SEC
More downloads for you !!! >>> Hello, Below is the list of files recently got posted at http://CertCityForum.com If you have trouble accessing the download link then please refer to Forum rules - http://certcityforum.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html 640-801 - 836 Questions - 6/6/2006 Cisco Certified Network Associate ******************************************* 642-801 - 687 Questions - 6/6/2006 Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) ******************************************* 642-871 - 260 Questions - 6/6/2006 Designing Cisco Network Services Architecture ************...

new e-mail
need to set up my e-mail. dont know where to get the info they need From your mail server. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7B39132-E6F9-45E7-ADDA-DA234D0A023C@microsoft.com... > need to set up my e-mail. dont know where to get the info they need Do you have an existing email addres...

refresh Workplace screen or notify when new email
Our users are complaining that they don't know when new email comes into CRM. Has anybody found a good workaround? Maybe an automatic screen refresh or some sort of notification? I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks. ...

Moving mailboxes
Hi, I thought this was fixed in 2000 but I am moving mailboxes from 2000 to exchange 2003. The size seems to increase How do I fix this after all mailboxes have been moved? What else should I do for a best practices? Can you please stop re-posting this same question? This is the third time I've seen in within the last 24 hours. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "MSNews" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:e%232XK446FHA.1944@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I thought this was fixed in 2000 but I am moving mailboxes from 2000 to > exchange 2003. &...

create new mail item from current item
Greetings, How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item? Thank you, Please provide more details on what you want to do. In other words, what does the current item have to do with the new item you want to create? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "lindstrom" wrote: > Greetings, > How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item? > Thank you, > > --- > fr...

Moving public store to NAS
I want to move the public store of my Exchange 2003 server to a Network Attached Storage server. However when I attempt to do this I get a message that the storage must be directly attached. Is there a way to get around this and where can I get that information to do it? Hello, Exchange files/databases must be on disks directly attached or on disks considered as "local disks". =>So, you need a driver/software or Nas solution that emulates local disks. Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCELÒ MVP Exchange, SQL/Server MCSE2003+M,MCSE+I,MCDBA,MCSA2003+S http://webfamilial.dyndns.or...

Script for changing users date format
Hi, Is there an easy way to change a bunch of users date format in one go? Thanks, Sophie Hi Sophie, Have you look into using workflow to update the data format field fo the users? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Dec 16, 6:27=A0pm, Sophie <Sop...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is there an easy way to change a bunch of users date format in one go? > > Thanks, > Sophie Hi Darren, Thanks for getting back to me. I can't find anywhere in the workflow an option to change the date format? Thanks, Sophie &qu...

CRM 3.0
Is anyone using the Cisco VPN Client to connect remote CRM users either with the IE and/or the Outlook Client interface. Are there any performance issues over broadband, ??? Also, what are the recommended bandwidths both ends??? Some travelling field staff need to connect remotely thru dial up connections (56k) - (ie. Remote location has no broadband available) How does this option perform, ??? a) Online thru IE7 Interface b) Online thru Outlook Client Interface c) Syncronising the Outlook Client image with the Master CRM 3.0 Database Is this a feasible option ???? TIA ...

moving deleted items to a new folder disappear-why?
I want to move deleted items to a new "deleted item folder"i.e "deleted 021910. When I perform this step-many times the deleted items that I think move actually disappear. Where do they go? Why does this happen? At the same time a "new message" opens up looking for me to send an e-mail to some one and attached to this "new message" are multiple attachments. this is really stange. I need help. Craig "craigandmel" <craigandmel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E2C3AAF-0433-41E2-A5D4-2803C3F44D86@mic...

Disabling the 'From' option within New Message
Is there a way to disable the 'From' option on the Options drop-down on the new message. I was looking at this yesterday. I was able to select a user's email address other than my own to be the sender. Where can this be disabled? Outlook 2003/Exchange2003 Thanks in advance You can't disable it, but unless you have Send as permissions, it will either send as "on behalf of" (if you are a delegate) or come back as undeliverable. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual Quick...

SQL Database Maintenance Plans?
I've searched high and low but have yet to find any recommendations for SQL Database Maintenance Plan settings. Does anyone know what should be done routinely (and on which db's), or what should be avoided (such as Reorganize data and index pages or Remove unused space, etc.)? With my former SQL db's, maintenance has always been of paramount concern, however, I don't want to inadvertently break something on my new touchy-feely CRM. Thanks. ...

evaluating exchange 2007 mailbox problems
Currently evaluating exchange 2007 i have a exchange 2003 server, and im currently evaluating 2007 Ive set it all up and moved a mailbox succesfully, this mailbox is sending/receiving on the 2007 server, however the two servers dont talk to each other ? eg i cant mail to the 2007 machine from the 2003 machine ? - is this to do with the transport hub ? external mail doesnt work either - the 2007 server doesnt pick up the mail, also doesn't pick up mail sent from the 2003 domain ? Im sure ive missed something daft! cheers mark Yes. When you install an Exchange Server 2007 server ...

Mailbox sizes
I have been using Eudora since the beginning (since about 8 years or so, I guess), but am currently switching to Outlook 2003. It did an import of all my mailboxes. I had 1 GB of mail in Eudora, in different folders, of course; Eudora didn't have trouble with this. I had several "backup" (old mail) folders with 1000s of messages. These folders seemd to take forever to open in Outlook 2003 (well, in Eudora, this would take 5 seconds, in Outlook 2003, about 30). Is this normal? What can I do optimize this? I need to have access to all my mail at all times, be able to search through...

Outlook 2002 Mailbox Not Displaying
I am running Microsoft Outlook 2002, and when I go into tools -> accounts -> view or change current -> change -> more settings -> and click on the advanced tab to add... a mailbox, I type in the correct mailbox name (i.g. ASFAX) and click add. Click OK throughout, and when I get back to my Folder List, I click on the ASFAX and it says "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I know the name of the folder is correct, and it works fine. Other people in my organization can access this mailbox just as do...

Owner user for the Opportunity
Hello! We have problem in our CRM implementation: when user creates the opportunity, the owner user should be the current active user that creates that opportunity. But when user saves the opportunity, opportunity's owner user automatically has changed to the opportunity's parent customer owner user if it is another than active user. After that user cannot find own active opporunities, because the owner user has changed. We have checked that opportunity has no any mapping with parent customer owner user. How is it possible to repair this problem? And why is that happened? Than...