Moving public folders on Exchange 5.5 to a new server in the same site.

All,

I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the
orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the public folders over
to the public store on the new server?

--
FastEddie Rockwell
----------------------------------

"Fast Eddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam.com> wrote in

> I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the
> orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the public folders
> over to the public store on the new server?

Creating replicas is the best way to do it. This article comes in handy:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152959

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

--
FastEddie Rockwell
----------------------------------

> Will I be able to shut down the orignal server when this is done
> without losing access?

Yes, you will.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
Archives: http://groups.google.com
0
aclizer1 (399)
2/26/2004 3:24:02 PM
So, essentually, If I'm reading the article right, All I need to do is add a
replica of the public folder to the new server and let it replicate. Then
after a few days/weeks, I can remove the replica of the public folders from
the old server and I'm done...?

--
FastEddie Rockwell
----------------------------------

> So, essentually, If I'm reading the article right, All I need to do is
> add a replica of the public folder  the new server and let it
> replicate. Then after a few days/weeks, I can remove the replica of
> the public folders from the old server and I'm done...?

You got it FastEddie.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
Archives: http://groups.google.com
0
aclizer1 (399)

Outlook Express Deletes Folders
Using Outlook Express. I went do delete an email from my created inbox folder (which then contains a number of sub- folders) by the usual "shift+delete" method and instead of bringing up the confirmation dialog that folder and all its subs just vanished! I have looked in the store folder and all the DBX files are just gone... I've just lost a few thousand emails from over 3 years, any ideas what has happend and maybe how I can get them back? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlo...

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Offline folder problems #2