Moving Public folders from 2000 server to new 2003 exchange server

Hello there:

I was wondering if you can use the move command under exchange tasks to move
the Public folders as well as the calendar etc to the new 2003 exchange
server.  I have moved all the mailboxes without incident to the new exchange
server but don't know how to go about moving the final public folders,
calendar etc.

Can you please give me some insite.

Rebecca

Go to the properties of the public folder in Exchange System manager and use
the replication tab to add the new server in. You can do it as a two step
process - add new in then wait for replication to occur and then remove the
old one or do it as a one step process. If there are a lot I would tend to
do it in two steps. You can also proper these replica settings down the
public folder tree by right clicking on the folder in ESM and choose proper
settings.

Glen

"Rebecca Owens" <RebeccaOwens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello there:
>
> I was wondering if you can use the move command under exchange tasks to
> move
> the Public folders as well as the calendar etc to the new 2003 exchange
> server.  I have moved all the mailboxes without incident to the new
> exchange
> server but don't know how to go about moving the final public folders,
> calendar etc.
>
> Can you please give me some insite.
>
> Rebecca

0
glen6925 (138)
11/7/2004 3:43:35 AM
There should be exdeploy.exe instructions on the 2003 cd or you can find up
to date procedures here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=271e51fd-fe7d-42ad-b621-45f974ed34c0&DisplayLang=en

They should guide you through the procedures.

"Rebecca Owens" <RebeccaOwens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello there:
>
> I was wondering if you can use the move command under exchange tasks to
> move
> the Public folders as well as the calendar etc to the new 2003 exchange
> server.  I have moved all the mailboxes without incident to the new
> exchange
> server but don't know how to go about moving the final public folders,
> calendar etc.
>
> Can you please give me some insite.
>
> Rebecca

Dear Glen,

Do I need to do the same procedure for all System Folders such as
"Events Root"
"EForm Registry"
"Schema-Root"
etc...

Because all KB I have read only includes the OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK and
SCHEDULE+ FREEBUSY..

Thanks

Alvin

"Glen Trafford" wrote:

> Go to the properties of the public folder in Exchange System manager and use
> the replication tab to add the new server in. You can do it as a two step
> process - add new in then wait for replication to occur and then remove the
> old one or do it as a one step process. If there are a lot I would tend to
> do it in two steps. You can also proper these replica settings down the
> public folder tree by right clicking on the folder in ESM and choose proper
> settings.
>
> Glen
>

> "Rebecca Owens" <RebeccaOwens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello there:
> >
> > I was wondering if you can use the move command under exchange tasks to
> > move
> > the Public folders as well as the calendar etc to the new 2003 exchange
> > server.  I have moved all the mailboxes without incident to the new
> > exchange
> > server but don't know how to go about moving the final public folders,
> > calendar etc.
> >
> > Can you please give me some insite.
> >
> > Rebecca

0
Alvin (14)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

New Implementation

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Attaching Contacts to new email

New to excel

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2