Moving Public Folders #5

Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing?

We have this

+Public Folders
   Pub Folder1
   Pub Folder2
   Pub Folder3

What we want is this:

+Public Folders
  Organization Name
     Pub Folder1
     Pub Folder2
     Pub Folder3

There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the
question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing
folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem
like it can do it.

Thanks.
0
Vicnice (145)

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice
<Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing?
>
>We have this
>
>+Public Folders
>   Pub Folder1
>   Pub Folder2
>   Pub Folder3
>
>What we want is this:
>
>+Public Folders
>  Organization Name
>     Pub Folder1
>     Pub Folder2
>     Pub Folder3
>
>There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the
>question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing
>folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem
>like it can do it.
>
>Thanks.

Create the Folder Called Organization Name in Outlook or ESM. Create a
dummy child folder below it to create the hierarchy and then move/copy
the rest in OUtlook or cut/copy and paste in ESM underneath the
Organizational Folder.

You risk losing data doing this or it may lock everything up or who
knows what, so make sure you have backups.
0
adavid (8731)
3/10/2006 2:09:10 AM
Got it. I have to Export it to PST. THe copy and Paste method would work, but
for some reason ESM or outlook doesnt allow me to select multiple items which
absolutly sucks. Export to PST then follow your directions, create new folder
then import it there. I think outlook 2003 client has to be used, I will test
it on an outlook 2000 client.

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice
> <Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing?
> >
> >We have this
> >
> >+Public Folders
> >   Pub Folder1
> >   Pub Folder2
> >   Pub Folder3
> >
> >What we want is this:
> >
> >+Public Folders
> >  Organization Name
> >     Pub Folder1
> >     Pub Folder2
> >     Pub Folder3
> >
> >There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the
> >question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing
> >folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem
> >like it can do it.
> >
> >Thanks.
>

> Create the Folder Called Organization Name in Outlook or ESM. Create a
> dummy child folder below it to create the hierarchy and then move/copy
> the rest in OUtlook or cut/copy and paste in ESM underneath the
> Organizational Folder.
>
> You risk losing data doing this or it may lock everything up or who
> knows what, so make sure you have backups.

0
Vicnice (145)

Importing folders
How can I import old folders from a diskette into my new Outlook Express (under "local folders")? Any ideas? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=f...

Renamed Junk E-Mail Folder
We're using MS Outlook 2003 (Standard) on several of our Dell laptops. After installing Outlook 2003 on a recently reformatted system, I noticed that my user's "Junk E-Mail" folder is named "Correo no deseado" which loosely means "mail not wanted" in Spanish. Since this is a system folder, the user wasn't able to rename it. Neither my manager nor I have any idea about why this folder has been renamed in Spanish or how to correct the problem. This is the only item in Outlook that has a Spanish translation. Too weird! Any ideas? look for l...

Exchange 5.5 to 2000 migration
Is it possible to migrate an existing 5.5 to 2000 using the same computer name? If you mean separate servers with the same name? No. However, if you setup an E2K server in your Ex5.5 org and move the mailboxes over to the new server name, the Outlook profiles will automatically update (if that is your concern). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Concrete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6b7c01c401...

24hr moving average
I need to calculate 24hr moving averages of several columns of imported data (see example below). Column A has date and time the data is collected, the data is initally in approx. 15min cycles, but at the end of the data (about row 1100) data is in hourly cycles. Occasionally the imported data does not record a date or time and occasionally, cycles of data may be missed for various reasons. Example: Date and Time Elevation (mm) RL 24hr Av (mid) 5/11/2005 10:42 -2.7 5/11/2005 10:51 -0.5 5/11/2005 11:05 -0.5 5/11/2005 11:19 -0.8 5/11/2005 11:34 -0.3 5/11/2005 11:49...

Favorite Folders reverts to default list when computer shut-down
I have no problem adding, deleting or moving folders in the Favorite Folders pane. The problem is that they all disappear and revert to the default list everytime my computer is shut down. So I have to keep adding the folders back in Is there a way to keep the shortcut folders in the Favorite Folders pane? ...

Duplicate email #5
I have several users who on occasion receive duplicate emails. Some as many as four duplicates. I have checked all settings and they seem to be correct. My email provider doesn't seem to have an answer either. If you are using POP3 accounts, then it is on the providers side, unless a person in the mailing group has a setting to auto frward to that person. I had that happen a few times for people who were on the main mailing list and their supervisor also was forwarding them the email. Email providers NEVER claim it is on their end I have found. "Aaron" <anonymous@discu...

Move worksheet to new book
I have 14 worksheets within a workbook. In the middle are worksheets named Sheet1, Sheet2....Sheet10 Is it possible using a macro to see if there is anything written in cell A1 on Sheet1, and if there is, then move it to a new book, and then check Sheet2 and so on? And if there is no information on the worksheet I would like to delete it. TIA Try this against a copy (since it destroys worksheets): Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook Set wkbk = ActiveWorkbook For iCtr = 1 To 10 'sheet1 throu...

moving columns
Hi all, I have a sheet in which in row 3 there is data like this: ColumnA B C D E F Customer name 1-30 30-60 60-90 90-270 270-300 what is want is that 270-300 should move in front of 1-30, I mean t say that column F should move in front of Column B but after column A movement should be on basis that in column F, it is written 270-300 and columns may change , i mean to say that sometimes there is no 30-6 and 90-270 column columns may increase or decrease do we have a solution to this thank u al -- Message posted from http...

Issue when using Outlook 2003 on Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi! I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can anyone guide me on how to handle this? M P What issues have you seen? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:eoqSaBjTGHA.5884@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can > anyone guide me on how to handle this? > > M P > It was pretty easy for me to find this in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

Local folders
G'day, When I go to my Outlook Express, Local Folders The Folder named All forums always comes up opened. It has only just started doing this. When I close it to unopened, ie. + sign it will come up opened, - sign, next time I use Outlook Express. Is there a way to change this? -- chequer When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box. This group is for posts concerning MS Office. Outlook Express is not part of Office Please repost giving full details of your Operating system and version of OE. OE newsgroups. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.pu...

550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias
I have a user trying to send to another user through Outlook 2003. When she sends email to the user, the following error message is returned- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Zaira Lara on 4/12/2006 2:11 PM 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: zlara@vitracoatamerica.com Zaira Lara on 4/12/2006 2:11 PM 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: zlara@vitracoatamerica.com I've seen this error message posted elsewhere, but the posts were for people receiving this message from an external source for mail they did not send. Anybody have any ideas? ...

Unable to delete public folder in Exch 5.5
I have 2 exch server 5.5 sp3 under same Org and Site container. 1 of the public folder was created in server b. But server b crashed and left is server a. Even though in the Outlook we can still see the public folder, but in the server a, the public folder does not exist coz it was hosted in server b. I could not delete it and the message says - 'Unable to display the folders.The contents of this public folder is currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exch Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site' Anyone ...

What's the function of folder subscription in MS Outlook 2003
Hi, I would like my MS Outlook to show all imap folders in my account, but to run routine updating only on my inbox folder. I would like each of my folders to be updated only when I choose a folder. I checked my folder list and identified a distinction between "all" folders and "subscribed folders". For some reason, all my folders were already subscribed. I've unsubscribed from my folders, but the complete list keeps showing up. Is there anything wrong with my folder list routine, or is my logic erronous? Please suggest a solution? Ran ...

Archive #5
Hy, I tring to archive some e-mails from my mailbox into a pst file that i created to use as an archive, after i've insert it into outlook ("all mail folders" - the column on the left) i try to archive some e-mails from menu File --> Archive, i select the "start" date and the pst file that i've created, but no e-mails are been archived even if on the status bar i can see "Archiving..." What i've to do to archive my e-mails? Thanks Kentucky ...

Changing Exch5.5 GAL columns in Outlook client view
Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, in the Outlook client, if you display the 'Address Book' you get the following columns - name, business phone, office, title, company, alias, e-mail type, & e-mail address. How do you change it so you show the display name, business, extension, cell phone, & internet email address? Basically, how/where do you change the columnar data the client sees? Thanks, Mike Lawson Mike Goto View | Columns and there u can manage views... KJ "Mike Lawson" wrote: > Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, i...

Need to remove Contact Folder in Outlook 2000
i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove the entire folder. Do you want to delete them or do something else with them, have you looked at the duplicate checkers here http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupes "Rob Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118b501c3f5b4$d44891f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove > the entire folder. > > Need to remove the entire Contact Folder. >-----Original Message----- >Do you want to delete them or do something else with ...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

Can I move the data files?
I just installed Money 2005. I let it take most of the defaults, It choose to store the data files in \My Documents. I would like to move all of them to \My Documents\My Money. Is there a way to do that? -- Simplest way is to use My Computer or Windows Explorer. Navigate to your ..mny file, click on it, click on edit > copy, navigate to where you want the ..mny file to live and click on edit > paste. When the file is in it's new home, double click on the file name. This will call up Money and this will then remember where it found the file. Now go back to the original locati...

Move data from column to rows HELP!!!
Hi thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, currently i have column that has thousands of rows of information in it, it looks lik this A 40432 432654 3432 532543 32432 523 53425 532532 532 523 532 111 222 333 666 numbers that go on into mabye the 5000-6000 range what i need to do is have that data moved So it looks like this A | B | C 40432 | 32432 | 532 432654 | 523 | 523 3432 | 52432 | 111 532543 | 532532 | 222 So on and so on, so instead of 1 column with 6000 lines it ...

Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set
Price:$5.99 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B0006UOV8G Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0006UOV8G Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set Zinc plated steel body construction. 3 ½ Lacquered hardwood handle is small enough not to get in the way yet large enough to get a good grip. Very thin and compact design makes it easy to get into tight areas. 5 tempered blades: 1- medium for cutting woods, 1-fine for thick metal or hardwood, 1- extra fine for thin metal or thin woods, 2- hacksaw blades for all metals. Blades are easy to replace, just unscrew the ha...

Struggle in USB Rndis Bootloader wince 5.0.
Hi This is the continuation of the below link : http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windowsce.platbuilder/browse_thread/thread/9a3d0f92deff702a The below code snippet is taken from rndis.c file in RNE_MDD folder. Actually, I got the print statement upto: "***Rndis:: Get MAC address blah,blah,blah". the next print statement is not printed (RNDIS_INITIALIZED SUCCESSFULLY ...). But the RndisMdd.dwDeviceState flag is set to RNDIS_INITIALIZED when i get rndis initialize request. But why this print is not displayed and the below code is also not executed. So,...

Money 2005 #5
Here's a link to Amazon.com. They just put a picture up for Money 2005. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002D156I/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/002-4988365-7975251?v=glance&s=software&no=* I love that bit at the top. "Stop typing! Now get updates from you bank automatically." Of course, lots of people will still have to type to fix the mess the updates make and then type postings to the newsgroup asking how come Payees are whacked or the memo looks like a Payee or it downloaded to the wrong account or the password is different or... "Zach Rose" <meoge@...

net folders #11
I am trying to use a shared calendar between two computers. I have set up everything with net folders based on all of the instructions I could find. The Outlook e-mail is set to Rich Text Format only on both PC's. The folder shares, all of the permissions are as entered, nothing is marked private. I can see the update messages being sent and being received, but nothing updates. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. ...

stange folder after install updates
hello, I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates appear "strange folders". For example there're some folders in c: called: 6ac86d2ad9be93fc0f0ded or 22553c8e848b459d87bc49 I think that these folder are created when the installation on the update fails but my problem is in order to delete them I have to put myself as propietary of the folder manually, Is there any way to delete them automatically? sgr wrote: :: hello, :: :: I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates :: appear "strange folders". F...