Moving Public Folder Database Files

We have exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 Enterprise server.
All I want to do is move the Public Folders database files to a new drive on
the same server. Is it as simple as dismounting the Public Folder Store,
copying the database files and pasting them to the new drive, pointing the
Public Store to the database file locations on the new drive, and then
mounting the store? The Transaction logs are remaining in their current
location - they are not being moved.
Would there be anything more to it then that, anything I'm missing?

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 08:15:01 -0800, raz4183
<raz4183@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 Enterprise server.
>All I want to do is move the Public Folders database files to a new drive on
>the same server. Is it as simple as dismounting the Public Folder Store,
>copying the database files and pasting them to the new drive, pointing the
>Public Store to the database file locations on the new drive, and then
>mounting the store? The Transaction logs are remaining in their current
>location - they are not being moved.
>Would there be anything more to it then that, anything I'm missing?

God no.
Go to the properties of the store and then browse to the new location.
Exchange will do all the work for you.
Don't, ever, move stuff yourself.
0
Mark
3/8/2010 6:08:25 PM
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 13:08:25 -0500, "Mark Arnold [MVP]"
<mark@mvps.org> wrote:

>On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 08:15:01 -0800, raz4183
><raz4183@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>We have exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 Enterprise server.
>>All I want to do is move the Public Folders database files to a new drive on
>>the same server. Is it as simple as dismounting the Public Folder Store,
>>copying the database files and pasting them to the new drive, pointing the
>>Public Store to the database file locations on the new drive, and then
>>mounting the store? The Transaction logs are remaining in their current
>>location - they are not being moved.
>>Would there be anything more to it then that, anything I'm missing?
>
>God no.
>Go to the properties of the store and then browse to the new location.
>Exchange will do all the work for you.
>Don't, ever, move stuff yourself.

Amen!

I think I've had to do this "by hand" once or twice over the last 14
years. The reasons are so obscure I don't even recall what they were.
IIRC, the problems that follow were that the log files were stamped
with the wrong database location. Not a big deal if you're starting a
new log file sequence but kinda awkward otherwise. :-)
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Renaming Partial File Names

printing imported gif files in Excel

Error in database....

unknown .edb file

compact database in VBA access 2007

Problem with Database Wizard

OWA Calendar
Hello, Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have some sort of tools to do this? Users could still make changes through Outlook and we would like to be able to display the calendar on our website. Thoughts? TIA, Jason "Jason King" <jasonk@bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message news:%230ps86yIFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently > make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have so...

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...