Moving mailboxes to a new exchange server; size limit.

We currently have one exchange server in our company. We saw the need for
another one so we created a new exchange server and added it to our current
forest. <h3>We are trying to move mailboxes from the old exchange server to
the new one. Some of the mailboxes we are moving are over 2GB's, the question
will there be any problems doing this?</h3>
0
Heber (2)

it will take some time, but if there are no limits on either server,
prohibiting send or send/receive, you should be able to move the
mailboxes...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Heber" <Heber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We currently have one exchange server in our company. We saw the need for
> another one so we created a new exchange server and added it to our
> current
> forest. <h3>We are trying to move mailboxes from the old exchange server
> the new one. Some of the mailboxes we are moving are over 2GB's, the
> question
> will there be any problems doing this?</h3>

0
sconkey (3059)
2/5/2007 7:38:18 PM
What Susan said.

I have clients with MANY 2-5gb mailboxes and have moved them from store to
store, storage group to storage group, and server to server.  Like Susan
said, just make sure you arent moving to a destination with a more stringent
storage limit than the source location.

Chris

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> it will take some time, but if there are no limits on either server,
> prohibiting send or send/receive, you should be able to move the
> mailboxes...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Heber" <Heber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> We currently have one exchange server in our company. We saw the need for
>> another one so we created a new exchange server and added it to our
>> current
>> forest. <h3>We are trying to move mailboxes from the old exchange server
>> the new one. Some of the mailboxes we are moving are over 2GB's, the
>> question
>> will there be any problems doing this?</h3>

0
chris.lehr (58)
2/5/2007 7:43:36 PM
And additionally, if possible move them one at a time - the performance hit
on the network card is quite high.

"Chris Lehr" <chris.lehr@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What Susan said.
>
> I have clients with MANY 2-5gb mailboxes and have moved them from store to
> store, storage group to storage group, and server to server.  Like Susan
> said, just make sure you arent moving to a destination with a more
> stringent storage limit than the source location.
>
> Chris
>

> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> it will take some time, but if there are no limits on either server,
>> prohibiting send or send/receive, you should be able to move the
>> mailboxes...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Heber" <Heber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> We currently have one exchange server in our company. We saw the need
>>> for
>>> another one so we created a new exchange server and added it to our
>>> current
>>> forest. <h3>We are trying to move mailboxes from the old exchange server
>>> the new one. Some of the mailboxes we are moving are over 2GB's, the
>>> question
>>> will there be any problems doing this?</h3>

0
nick5968 (262)
2/5/2007 7:49:21 PM
and ensure you are keeping an eye on the drive that contains the transaction
log files, too...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Nick Gillott [MVP]" <nick@gillott.co.uk> wrote in message
> And additionally, if possible move them one at a time - the performance
> hit on the network card is quite high.
>
> "Chris Lehr" <chris.lehr@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> What Susan said.
>>
>> I have clients with MANY 2-5gb mailboxes and have moved them from store
>> to store, storage group to storage group, and server to server.  Like
>> Susan said, just make sure you arent moving to a destination with a more
>> stringent storage limit than the source location.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> it will take some time, but if there are no limits on either server,
>>> prohibiting send or send/receive, you should be able to move the
>>> mailboxes...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>>

>>> "Heber" <Heber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
sconkey (3059)

Clients can open each other's mailboxs
I have exchange 2003. All my clients can access each others mailboxes. When I look at the mailbox right I see the everyone group with full access. I am unable to remove it because it is inheriting permissions. Where can I change this? What is weird is that my administrator account use to be able to open everyone's mailbox and now it can not. have you looked at permissions at the top level of the Exchange Organization? Looks like maybe they've been set there...also check the "security" tab for "send as" right... "Paul" <pkernicky@swca.net> wr...

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Override Limit
Customer credit limit override approval workflow Hello all, Just wondering if/where we can have the override credit limit just in effect on either the Order or Invoice and not both. TY No, the concept is that when you clear a credit hold on an order the customer must have paid their bill our you increased their credit, which would allow it to move forward as an invoice, unless, of course, they over charged and under paid again. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Font Sizing
I am visually impaired. I would like to increase font size in the IN-box window where the From: Subject: and Received: columns are listed. I have been able to increase font size to read the body of the e-mail and can compose e-mail with larger font - just would like to increase font size for the incoming message headers. Please write to me at: johnw@winserv.com if you can help. thank you in advance. John Depending on your version of Outlook, View->Current View->Customize Current View->Other Settings. You can customize the Fonts from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP...

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Relay from unstruted server

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Setting up a new e-mail account

Microsoft Exchange Server

Relay Servers?

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>