Moving mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to 2003

I am upgrading our mail server from exchange 5.5 to 2003 and would like to
transfer the mailboxes over.  I have heard that there may be issues with our
exchange 5.5 plugins(spam filter and old anti-virus) coming along with the
account.  Does anyone know how to strip these out without loosing any of the
mail information?  I appreciate the help.

James

I usually don't migrate the accounts created by AV and SPAM filters. If there
are special fax connector proxies then I ensure they are installed on the
Exchange 2003 server as well.  Sometimes it is a matter of copying the files
to the address folder so the RUS will be able to use the address template.

I have seen some people remove the CC mail component ect on the 5.5 server
before they do the migration, its not required.

Most AV and SPAM filters don't install anything that impacts the mailbox
specifically, not that I have seen anyway.

--
Jonathan
No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today??????

In article <6C5DD099-C553-427B-939D-311FBBDB5AF9@microsoft.com>,
 Jonathan Norris <JonathanNorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Most AV and SPAM filters don't install anything that impacts the mailbox
> specifically, not that I have seen anyway.

I wonder if he means applications that add tabs to 5.5 mailboxes?

I know we use Rightfax that adds its own tab to mailboxes, and (we're
talking a few years back) we used to use McAfee Groupshielf which had
its own tab on each users mailbox.

Thinking about it, we use Rightfax so this question might be one I'll be
asking myself in a couple of months!

Paul
--
paul@spamcop.net
0

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286356/en-us

I haven't seen many issues caused by AV, it typically doesn't migrate over
to 2003.

--

"Paul Hutchings" wrote:

> In article <6C5DD099-C553-427B-939D-311FBBDB5AF9@microsoft.com>,
>  Jonathan Norris <JonathanNorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Most AV and SPAM filters don't install anything that impacts the mailbox
> > specifically, not that I have seen anyway.
>

> I wonder if he means applications that add tabs to 5.5 mailboxes?
>
> I know we use Rightfax that adds its own tab to mailboxes, and (we're
> talking a few years back) we used to use McAfee Groupshielf which had
> its own tab on each users mailbox.
>
> Thinking about it, we use Rightfax so this question might be one I'll be
> asking myself in a couple of months!
>
> Paul
> --
> paul@spamcop.net

MSX 5.5: Import von Adressen in einen Verteiler
Hallo, ich habe einen 5.5 Sp4 Server und muss eine lange liste von email-adressen in einen Verteiler aufnehmen. Die email-adressen liegen mir als textfile im Format Name, Vorname, email-adresse vor. Kann ich ein solches Textfile irgendwie in einen Verteiler importieren ? Danke Steffen Meier schrieb: > Kann ich ein solches Textfile irgendwie in einen Verteiler importieren ? Hallo Steffen, schau mal hier rein: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uJoyl4NwDHA.2396%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl -- ..:Daniel Melanchthon:. Technologieberater - Exchange Server http://blogs.technet.com...

Error during Exchange Backup
Hello All, I am writing an application to backup and restore M.S. Exchange server programatically. I am using the Exchange Backup and Restore API and am developing the application in VC++ 6.0 on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Editioon. I am able to do the backup successfully but I am getting error in the function "HrESERestoreAddDatabase" during the resore. I am trying to call the function HrESERestoreComplete as follows: //<step 8> //HrESERestoreComplete CString strTempLocationPath; CString strTempLocationPath1; strTempLocationPath = _T("C:\\viraj\\exchangedata_b...

Never Ceasing Error Message in My Mailbox
Account: 'cwjamaicA', Server: 'mail.cwjamaica.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Hello, I keep getting the message as stated above in Email box. What does this mean and how can I clear this up. Thanks. Burchie S burchsam@cwjamaica.com ...

Most recommended Exchange book?
I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certification testing would be appropriate. Thanks! On Mar 13, 8:46 am, Chris Lukowski <ChrisLukow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange > 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an > all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certificati...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

Outlook 2003 #224
When I print from Outlook I get the following screen: A dialog box opens and says An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Error Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg All other applications work. Bob 5132361210 ...

Outlook 2003 hyperlinking error
Have just installed Outlook 2003, when I click on a html link within an email it opens my default web browser however the link appears in the browser with these additional symbols which stop the requested site from loading eg: http://%1%20http://www.microsoft.com Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Its driving me nuts. ...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Exchange Router / Deployment Manager
Hi, we have two diffrent issues with CRM 3.0. (But i think they belong togehter, perhaps?) 1. In Deployment Manager i can't browse the domain. (all windows are empty) But i can add users via web interface. 2. On the Exchange -> CRM E-Mail Router -> All users which i have added via Web GUI generate a "Failure" by locating the CRM Users with the Rule Deployment Wizard Thanks for your help! Have you managed to resolve this issue as we're facing the same problem. Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Nick. "TN" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Send/receive #5
When I hit s/r in Outlook 2000, today it is giving me "Operation failed." I've done the troubleshooting detect and repair, checked settings, rebooted. I don't know what to do next. My account w/ Earthlink is current; I'm using dialup; I have Norton and had scan for incoming/outgoing which I've disabled and still not working. Any ideas? ...

Restore messages from Exchange database
Our SBS2000 crashed the other day without a backup of Active Directory. We now only have a backup of the exchange database (edb and stm files). The domain has been recreated from fresh and 5 computers were re-joined the domain. Exchange also were installed. Question: what would be the right way to restore the messages from the edb and stm backup copy? Thank you in advance! -jesk Jesk You'll have to recreate the Exchange org and do a restore. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx Unless you have a flat file recovery tool like Quest R...

Update Existing Purchase Orders with New Exchange Rate
Hello, I have existing Purchase Orders in Great Plains 8.0 were some of the line items have been received is there a way to change the exchange rate for the remaining line items and any new line items added? Thanks, Brian M. Database Administrator ...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

xsd question #5
I am doing a bulk load and an element name in the xsd and xml is named differently in the database. I can NOT change the database field or xml. Can I do anything with ehw XSD? The field name in the db is "CaseType" <xs:schema xmlns="" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema"> <xs:element name="Cases" sql:relation="PUCCASES"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="NbrOfCases" type="xs:decimal"/> <xs:ele...

received/not invoiced report #5
Hello: All things being equal, is there any good reason as to why an item would not appear on the POP Received/Not Invoiced Report one afternoon but land on that report the next morning? The item should have been on the report that afternoon. The client says that the receipt for the item had been posted, prior to that report having been run that first time. She, also, says that the report option used both that afternoon and the next morning were the same. Could it just have been a glitch in the system that prevented the item from showing on the report that afternoon? Thanks! child...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...