Moving mailboxes from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 changes size

When we move mailboxes from Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 server it
increases the mailbox size which causes issues with our users.
Can someone tell me why this is happening and what to do if anything to
prevent it from occurring?

0
LaDene (3)

It may be possible that you have a high ratio of single instance storage.
When someone sends an e-mail to multiple people on you exchange server it
only stores one attachement and each user recieves a pointer that points to
it. (this is all transparent to the user) But when you start moving
mailboxes for any reason it breaks this and makes a single attachment in
each mailbox. If your ratio was high then it can cause the mailbox to grow.

"LaDene" <LaDene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When we move mailboxes from Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 server
> it
> increases the mailbox size which causes issues with our users.
> Can someone tell me why this is happening and what to do if anything to
> prevent it from occurring?

0
mitch3952 (134)

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Exchange database is corrupted
so our exchange database is apparently corrupted... We don't have enough disk space on the drive in order to do any type of repair/defrag on the database, so we are pretty much screwed right now my question is, if we just delete the database, will all the clients computers re-sync with the exchange server and repopulate the database. Terrible idea i know, but desperate times, call on desperate measures. uh...what version of Exchange? I wouldn't recommend deleting the database/s just yet...if a defrag might help, you can always redirect the temp file to a networked drive wit...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Inconsistent DBASE after doing a restore of Exchange 5.5 Dbase
Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the dbase in an inconsistant state. Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start the dbase after the restore was: EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store, 0x8004010f in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063. Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it acros...

Crash on 'Send"

Exchange update problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2