Moving mailboxes from 5.5 to 2K in different domain

Hello,

If anyone could give me some quick tips on what method to use to migrate
mailboxes from a 5.5 box to a 2000 box that is in a different domain I would
greatly appreciate it.

We have built a fresh W2K domain and will be migrating our production NT4
domain. In testing, I have successfully replicated all users, groups, and
computers to the new W2K domain using the active directory migration tool.

The old/new domains currently have a full 2-way trust established.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
JW

0
jwetzel (2)

If you migrate the accounts successfully then the users will all be in the
same active directory domain.
At that point you can use the move mailbox feature in Active Directory.
Just right click an account, go to
Exchange tasks and select "Move Mailbox".  For this to work you need to
have the Exchange System Manager
installed on the Domain Controller you are running Active Directory Users
and computers from.

thanks,
J.

0
jasperk (15)
12/11/2003 11:27:48 PM
I assume that the x5.5 and the x2K need to be in the same organization?

Thanks for your help,
JW

"Jasper Kool" <jasperk@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you migrate the accounts successfully then the users will all be in the
> same active directory domain.
> At that point you can use the move mailbox feature in Active Directory.
> Just right click an account, go to
> Exchange tasks and select "Move Mailbox".  For this to work you need to
> have the Exchange System Manager
> installed on the Domain Controller you are running Active Directory Users
> and computers from.
>
> thanks,
> J.

0
jwetzel (2)

Links in Excel #5
I've got several spreadsheets that link to one 'master' spreadsheet. They're all kept on our work X: drive, which is the shared drive for the whole organisation. However, the automatic links have a problem, in that every time I open the master spreadsheet that contains the links, I have to manually find each linked spreadsheet, it doesn't automatically update. Now, I can't see anything wrong with the source file descriptions and I can't think of what else it could be. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advan...

Calculating Time Difference
I have 2 date fields.....Start Time and End Time. I have another field that I want to show the difference in time .......basically EndTime - StartTime. I want the third field to display 1.5 or 2, or whatever the difference in time is. Does this need to be standard time or military time? Or does it matter? Take a look at this "useful date functions" database that I created. There is a tabbed form that shows all the functions in action. You can copy the functions and paste them into your own db or use the useful date functions db as a libray. http://www.access-programmers.co.uk...

Login to CRM as Different Domain User
Good day everyone, I've just installed the Trial of CRM 4.0 so that we can take a look at it. It's working well, and we have several people entering data into it - so far, so good. I have one question though. We have many computers on the production floor that are 'floaters'. In other words, they stay logged on as a default user who has few permissions, and allow our employees to access OWA and a few other Intranet services when they are on the floor and away from their desks. Is there a way to launch the CRM Web client with different user credentials than those tha...

Use on load trigger to provide Views for different Roles
I would like to provide different user roles with different views for the Account entity. Therefore I would like to use the on load trigger to check which user is logged on (and his user role) and according to this show a defined set of fields (maybe provide standard values as well). Is it possible to hide complete folders? Thx Ronald Lemmen's blog has code to do this: http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_archive.html -- Tad Thompson "Sascha Reppel" wrote: > I would like to provide different user roles with different views for the > Account entity. Theref...

OL2000 filtering junk by domain
Since a lot of junk seems to come from the same domains I am trying to set up my filters to reject the domain only. I can't find KB references to it. Assuming junk@garbage.com do I list @garbage.com or garbage.com (neither of these seem to work actually) I'm doing this in the Junk Mail Edit, is this the right place?? TIA Steve L. Steve Lenaghan wrote: > Since a lot of junk seems to come from the same domains I am trying to > set up my filters to reject the domain only. I can't find KB references > to it. > > Assuming junk@garbage.com do I list > @g...

Unable to Migrate Exchange 5.5 mail boxes to 2003 with the Migration Wizard
Hi, We are trying to migrate from and NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 to 2003/AD with Exchage 2003. We have the AD Domain set up. The NT4 Domain is still in place and on the same network, so our AD domain is similar but different (the "inc" has been dropped from the NetBIOS name). We have 2 Domain Controllers, and a brand new system to run Exchange 2003 on. It is clean, only has the OS and Exchange on it (we have problems when we get the critical updates. It seems linked to the exchange database going belly up, and we can't install exchange in the first place if the updates are ap...

Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 -- RTF to Plain Text issues
The owner of our company wants ALL email sent to him in Rich Text Format so he can use an abbreviation program he has that works with MS Word when replying. I created a document telling people how to change their settings for Outlook to ensure all messages are sent in Rich Text. My problem is that since he travels so much he wants to be a POP user on our server. If I send him a message from my PC directly connected to the Exchange server he receives it in RTF. If the President of the company (who is also a POP user) sends him a msg in RTF he receives it in Plain Text. He wants me to expla...

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Conditional format that higlights differing data on two worksheets
I have a workbook that contains a worksheet for a single week of any given month and in the sheet I have an individual's time reported for each day of the week. I have a second workbook that contains an individual's time reported by each day for the entire month. I would like to compare the two to determine if there is a mismatch and highlight those cells. The logic goes something like this: (1) I need to match person A in column C of workbook1 to the same name in column C in workbook2. (2) I then need to match the date of the month on workbook 1 & 2 for person A in step #1. (3)...

Exchange 5.5
We have an IBM Netfinity 5000 server running Windows NT4, and Exchange Server 5.5 Over the last 2-3 weeks, Outlook has been freezing, not sending messages ("Operation failed"), and Exchange has been just crashing at odd times and unpredictable times The event log shows a lot of 'Error 0xfffffbd3 occurred on message 1-EB1F8B1 during a background cleanup' type messages. when someone trys to send a message it sometimes comes up with "Operation failed" If the user opens a new email, and then cuts and pastes the text from the failed message into the new email, it goes o...

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

Mailbox migration #5
Hi. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to migrate an exchange 2003 mailbox from an exchange server on one domain to an exchange server on another domain? Sure, 1. Create the new user on the other Exchange Infrastructure and create a mailbox for that user. 2. Use Exmerge to export the users current mailbox from Domain A to PST format. Follow this document to implement and use Exmerge: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/ExMerge-Recover-Mailbox.html 3. Then use Exmerge on Domain B to _import_ the PST file to your new user, ensuring you select 'merge'. All done, Hope that ...

publisher: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

ActiveX looking differently in test container and Excel
Hi, I developed a test ActiveX. When I run it into VC6 test container tool, it's all right: its content is painted into the bounding box of the ActiveX. Instead, when I run it into Excel, its content is painted into a new window. This is a 3D rendering window, created by Coin3D library. It's managed by a class called SoWinExaminerViewer. The class ctor wants a HWND as a "parent window" (e.g. a static control in a dialog box, etc.). As parent window, I use in my code the m_hWnd member of the ActiveX. It is OK when the ActiveX is run into VC6 test container, but a new wind...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

Exch 5.5 modifying attachments.
One of Exchange 5.5 Servers has started converting attachments or changing them. Especially true of those for MACs. Now clients can not use them; render some attachments worthless. What has changed on our server; and how do we change it back? For instance, it changes to appl ms\tnef.doc = when it should be an image. Start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&Product=msall&Queryc=tnef&Query=tnef&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&...

Mail deliver to another similar domain
Hi there, I am running Exchange 2000 on my Windows 2000 server for my domain (say "ross.com"). On Internet, there is another similar domain name called "russ.com" owned by another one who is a home business owner. The problem is: Many of my customers sometimes intend to send emails to my company at someone@ross.com, but by mis-typing, they actually send to someone@russ.com. Unfortunately, the russ.com domain does have a email server, and my customers (or potential) can't realize their emails won't deliver to me. On the other hand, inside of my network, some of my em...

Event ID 9554/Unable to Update Mailbox SD
I am continuing to get the event below; I referenced Microsoft KB 555433 in which it details how to use ADFind Utility to locate the mailbox in question and update the permissions -- however, there is no account in my domain that matches that GUID. Any ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/6/2005 Time: 8:59:59 AM User: N/A Computer: MY EXCHANGE SERVER Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: fe3913d5-a4e0-4c0e-b3b1-291f50d7fc4f. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.c...

Error after mailbox move E2K
Hi! Yesterday I moved a mailbox from one E2K server to the other one. Event log at server 1 told me that it was finished sucessfully. It disappeared from the Exchange System Manager view at server 1.Server 2 shows a red cross in front of the mailbox. In the context menu I am offered to reconnect the mailbox. But after choosing this I'm told that it is already connected to a user, that replication is not finished. But this ongoing for too many hours. Server 1 shows event 1205 in the event log (mailbox of this user cannot be created due to error 0x50x). I also cannot move the mailbox back o...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

Moving Folders?
How do I move folders from one account to another? I want to move all my folders from my hotmail account to my Comcast account. How do I move folders from one account to another? Please disregard this post. Posted twice mistakenly... Please respond to the person that replied to your original post about this issue. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Artreid" <artreid44@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKkBQpxFLHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I move folders from one account to another? I want t...

Trying to move messages to folders
When I try to move certain email messages to other folders (manually), suddenly I get this message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Even with the restarts, I still get the error messages. I looked up the error message in the database, but it seems to be listed only in cases where you're forwarding mail, not moving it. I also checked for updates to Outook 2002, but the scan said I was up-to-date. This all happened, by the way, after I installed Service Pack 2. Can anyone help? Thanks so much! ...

copy all incoming and outgoing mail to alternate mailbox?
I have been tasked with finding a way to monitor some user (s) so that we can keep a copy of all mail sent to and from that user without their knowledge. How can this be done? I am using W2003 AD / Exchange 2003. Take a look at SelectiveJournaling application at www.ivasoft.biz - it could help. -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer www.ivasoft.biz "Jim Rodgers" <jim.rodgers@bataviatrans.com> wrote: news:17c6f01c44962$0ce121c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have been tasked with finding a way to monitor some user > (s) so that we can keep a copy of all mail se...

Ex2003 move database hangs
I need to move two Exchange .edb and .stm databases to a new location. When I go through the procedure, I get the progress window, the bar goes to 100% then it hangs. I have to kill the process. I was able to move the .stm file by itself, but whenever I try to move the ..edb it always hangs. I have tried it on two different .edb files with the same result. I could move it manually, but I don't know where I would go to update the config. so that Exchange would know where I moved it. Exchange v 2003 with SP2. with the message store offline you can specify the path where the .edb ...

Exchange 5.5 migration
I have SBS NT4 1*PDC with Exch. 5.5 i need upradge to W2K with AC,DNS,Exch. 5.5. Its possible use Active Directory Migration Tool + install Active Drirectory Connector for transfer from PDC to W2K ? What is good idea ? Thanks in advance "Mig45" <mig45@volny.cz> wrote: >I have SBS NT4 1*PDC with Exch. 5.5 i need upradge to W2K with AC,DNS,Exch. >5.5. > >Its possible use Active Directory Migration Tool + install Active Drirectory >Connector for transfer from PDC to W2K ? > >What is good idea ? > > > >Thanks in advance > I think the bes...