moving mailboxes across sites 5.5 to 2003

Hello,

I would migrate an consolidate a Exchange 5.5 Site to a existing Exchange
2003 Administrative group. The source and destination domain is Windows 2000.
In the destination Domain there are a Exchange 2003 SP1 Cluster. The domains
are childdomains in a forest.

When I use Exchange Task and Move a mailbox from the remotedomain, then I
get back a Error 0xc1041724.

The Account have in both domains the right domain Administrator an on the
remote Exchange 5.5 Site also Exchange Service Account permission. In the
Exchange 2003 Administrative Group also delegate Admin-Rights.
I create a two-way trust between this domains.
DNS and WINS are working without Problems.

has anybody an idea?

Best regards
0
MSeidl (5)

I have found a solution on the website:
http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000176

"a bit late, but I found that the answer was in a attribute called
msExchUserAccountControl has no value for mailboxes that won't move. If it is
0, the move will succeed... "

there was a missing value. then I create this and waiting 4 hours, now can I
move this mailbox.

"M. Seidl" schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I would migrate an consolidate a Exchange 5.5 Site to a existing Exchange
> 2003 Administrative group. The source and destination domain is Windows 2000.
> In the destination Domain there are a Exchange 2003 SP1 Cluster. The domains
> are childdomains in a forest.
>
> When I use Exchange Task and Move a mailbox from the remotedomain, then I
> get back a Error 0xc1041724.
>
> The Account have in both domains the right domain Administrator an on the
> remote Exchange 5.5 Site also Exchange Service Account permission. In the
> Exchange 2003 Administrative Group also delegate Admin-Rights.
> I create a two-way trust between this domains.
> DNS and WINS are working without Problems.
>
> has anybody an idea?
>
> Best regards
0
MSeidl (5)
6/27/2005 7:08:02 AM
What are the issues to consoidate NT domains in a 5.5 ORG to one from
two?  We have three sites and three NT domains serveral sites, and
want to reduce the number of NT domains to 2 from 3.  Complete two way
trust between all domains.  What's the best way to start, not sure how
to switch service accounts (from one NT domain to another.,..?)

Thanks

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:08:02 -0700, "M. Seidl"
<MSeidl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have found a solution on the website:
>http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000176
>
>"a bit late, but I found that the answer was in a attribute called
>msExchUserAccountControl has no value for mailboxes that won't move. If it is
>0, the move will succeed... "
>
>there was a missing value. then I create this and waiting 4 hours, now can I
>move this mailbox.
>
>"M. Seidl" schrieb:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would migrate an consolidate a Exchange 5.5 Site to a existing Exchange
>> 2003 Administrative group. The source and destination domain is Windows 2000.
>> In the destination Domain there are a Exchange 2003 SP1 Cluster. The domains
>> are childdomains in a forest.
>>
>> When I use Exchange Task and Move a mailbox from the remotedomain, then I
>> get back a Error 0xc1041724.
>>
>> The Account have in both domains the right domain Administrator an on the
>> remote Exchange 5.5 Site also Exchange Service Account permission. In the
>> Exchange 2003 Administrative Group also delegate Admin-Rights.
>> I create a two-way trust between this domains.
>> DNS and WINS are working without Problems.
>>
>> has anybody an idea?
>>
>> Best regards

0
cblaeser (1)

2003 Rules question. Anyone? Spent hours on this.
I have my regular ISP email address, and a forwarding email address, that forwards some of my email to my ISP address. I get email to both addresses daily. I created a rule to move all mail where "my name is not in the To box" to a test folder, with the eventual goal of changing it to "Permanently Delete." However, it only works for the email address that is set up in my Mail Account, and not my forwarding address. (Which makes sense.) But I want to create this rule for both email addresses, otherwise, I am only getting half the benefit of the rule. I've searched Goog...

Old Users in a single mailbox
Hi all, I have had a request to forward all emails directed to old employees to a single central folder that could be administered easily.. i am thinking this is possible with exchange, but dont know how to achieve it. I imagine i should have to create a new mailbox that admins can add to their Outlook folder list, and then somehow make a list of all incoming email to the server to certian addresses to be forwarded here.. any ideas guys? thanks! Add all the email aliases to a single mailbox. Not very elegant but it should work. Nue "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.c...

Exchange Server 5.5 #6
I have an old exchange server 5.5 that I need to start up to retrieve some old emails. How can I start this server up without interfearing with my new email server? I tried starting the processes up with the server disconnected from the network but they will not start up. Any suggestion on how I can get back into this old email server. Thanks! Will was the server removed from your site/org? if so, it should be OK to bring it up... "Will" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb401c4ac74$529ea910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have an old exchan...

Exchange 2003 edb problems
Hi. I am having problems with one of our Exchanges. It recently stopped working and the event log pointed at the problem being the database hitting the 16Gb limit. Looking at the Priv1.edb and stm files the are adding up to 16Gb but online defraging only seems to show 150mb of white space. If I add up all the mailboxes including deleted items however, it only comes to 5Gb. I tried an offline defrag but it only reduced the stm file by the expected 150mb. Having deleted as many un-necessary emails as possible, I have reset the deleted item retention to 0, and changed the maintenan...

Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs
Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before few days. In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of 5MB size!!! After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a circular logs and i moved a few hu...

Outlook 2003 Sends Read Receipt Requests
This is happening on all messages sent and even though the settings are such that it should not be sending them. I checked this on the individual messages and in the Tools>Options>E-Mail Options>Tracking Options and in neither location is that set to request a receipt. Any help is appreciated. Does this describe your issue? http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up081023.htm#4 -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head...

Help question answer please up grading from 2000-2003
I am updating from office outlook 2000 to 2003. I am not comp. savy but trying to do a safe update and need some advice. I backed up all office files, contacts e-mails etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove 2000 first. So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install 2003 and import back the PST. sounds easy I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily Should my 2000 PST back up restore to the 2003 office when installed ? If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south thats why I am ...

Exchange 5.5: Administrator
I'd like to be able to send mail as a user on my system. Currently, we use 3rd party software to track helpdesk emails and such. People continue to email my box when they should be sending the requests to support. I'd like to forward all of these emails to support from their accounts so they can track their support request. Here's the catch: I want to do this without being a delegate for their account. Is this possible? ...

Getting a cell reference to move laterally instead of vertically?
I have data that is sorted in columns, but the data I want to graph is a cross section of this data and therefore it comes from one row across several columns. I'm trying sort my graph/equation data in a column, however. Is there a way to get the equation cell references to move across a row even while the cell is descending a column? You can do it on a range using the TRANSPOSE function (array entered), or you may want to take a look at the OFFSET function, which takes a row and column argument. Use the ROW() function to generate the column argument and you will be able to copy...

Pivot Chart/Report Help
I need some serious help here. I've been trying to figure this one out for 3 days now and I'm getting nowhere. I've searched google extensively for anyone else that might have been having this issue but come up with nothing. OK, I have a very simple pie chart created in Access 2003. It is basically just a form in which the default view is set to "Pivot Chart." If I view this on the screen, it looks fine. If I print out the form, the chart is upside down and backwards. If I print out the report in which the form is a sub-report, the chart is upside down and backward...

Netscape Communicator 7.1 export to Outlook 2003
I am trying to import messages and address book from Netscape Communicator 7.1 and following the instructions in KB article 242008 but the import for Outlook Express 6 does not 'like' the file location of the Communicator files Does anyone have any insights/suggestions on how I can accomplish this switch-over The ultimate goal is to get it all to Outlook 2003 and the KB indicates having to import to OE first "Karl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52F8FC11-A15B-4B9D-83E6-EC2BB5AA71F8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to import messages an...

errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003)
I use Outlook 2003 I've tried to configure Hotmail on Outlook 2003 I keep getting the following errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003) -------------------------- errors -------------------------- Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' --------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Outlook 2003 "Favorite Folders" #2
In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box whitch contains folders. How does one edit these folders (remove.) Thanks...Keith Right click and remove, it is under the search folders. If you do not want any just choose folder list insetead of mail "Keith" <keith@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cRa%b.9581$aT1.8218@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box > whitch contains folders. > > How does one edit these folders (remove.) > > Thanks...

Ranking Top 5 in score and percentage
I have read many postings on ranking and they don't seem to make sense to me, that is why I supppose I am here. :) I need a formula that will sort store rankings based on the highest average score and the highest plus "plus/minus score". Here is some of the information: Column A3:A21 is the store numbers Cloumn X3:X21 is last week average (percentages) Column Y3:Y21 is this week average (percentages) Column Z3:Z21 is plus or minus vs last week average (percentages) Now in column C28, which is rank 1, I want the store number (A3:A21) to show up in C28 based on it ...

How do I tell if my Exchange 5.5 server is running the Enterprise
How do I tell if my Exchange 5.5 server is running the Enterprise Edition? Thanks, TNA in the application event log, each time the IS starts up, there will be an event generated - 1216 denotes Standard Edition...1217 denotes Enterprise Edition... "TNA" <TNA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0359A466-C4BA-4FAF-AAA2-24C1F9ACA899@microsoft.com... > How do I tell if my Exchange 5.5 server is running the Enterprise Edition? > > Thanks, > TNA ...

xmerge for exchange 2003 not working
Hello all, Salam to some of you I can only copy individual mailboxes using xmerge but not all mai boxes on the server? I get an erro Any help or suggestions? Many thank I guess our answer would depend on the errror. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "dali" <dali_osmane@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:QtednRQ24-Ykd6TeRVn_vA@giganews.com... > Hello all, Salam to some of you, > > > I can only copy individual mailboxes using xmerge but not all mail > boxes on the server? I get an er...

Moving tasks order
Hi everyone, I´m doing an uptade in a project, but since the tasks sequence is going to change, i would like to be able, to change de order (ID number) so that the gantt chart stays more visibles and less confused, but i still want to preserve the baseline dates. My problem is that i would like to delete a summary task, and drag all the sub-tasks to a new place, but it seems that project don´t let me do it...the last sub-task is not moving, and i have tried to do outdent and indent, without any result. Is it possible to do what i want? If i`m being confuse, here is ...

Strange 5.2.1 error
Greets, Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I have a public folder that is e-mail enabled, that certain users send to. Everything works fine, except for one user, who gets a 5.2.1 error when she sends to that public folder. I have obtained the Hot Fix referenced in 870585, but that did not fix it. Further, I have verified that every group that she is a member, the Exchange Enterprise Servers group has read perms to. I have cross-referenced group memberships comparing users who CAN send to the folder with her perms, and narrowed it down to possible groups. I am going to remove he...

Exchange 2000 question regarding one AD object with 2 mailboxes
Help please. Exchange 2000 AD 2003. We have a mailbox for our Support desk. This mailbox is called supportdesk. So the AD object is also called supportdesk. We need to change the name to helpdesk. Prior to doing this we want to advertise the new name to all staff. Is there a way we can make the new AD object called helpdesk and then assign the old supportcenter mailbox to it before deleting the existing supportdesk mailbox . I.e create new account with mailbox called helpdesk and also have mailbox called supportdesk assigned to it as well. So if mail goes to supportdesk mailbox...

Fixed Assets #5
Is it possible to change Asset Acquisition Cost after updating Books? Hari Yes it is possible. You just go to the Arrow button near the acquistion cost amount and you will be in the Asset Purchasing info. Just add your additional cost in there. Do you want to change also your asset cost? Updating the acquisition cost do not aumatically update your Asset cost or Cost basis. Gerald "Hari" wrote: > Is it possible to change Asset Acquisition Cost after updating Books? > > Hari Thanks Gerald for your reply. Yes, I want to change Asset cost or Cost basis also. Is th...

Excel 2002 #5
Is there a way to set an excel file to open to the same worksheet regardless to where it was last saved? Trip, In the ThisWorkbook code module, put the following code. Change "Sheet1" to the desired worksheet name. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Select End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Trip Levert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:095401c3bdaa$69673f90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to set an excel file to open to the s...

Exchange 2003 Security Event 565
Hi. I am just starting to move users from my two Exchange 2000 (DCs) to my new Exchange 2003 (member) server. Now i see a lot of errors in the security log. The events is Object Access Event id 565 like this: Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Object Access Event ID: 565 Date: 30-03-2006 Time: 15:56:07 User: DATAGRAF\deve Computer: HERMOD Description: Object Open: Object Server: Microsoft Exchange Object Type: Microsoft Exchange Database Object Name: /o=Datagraf/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=HERMOD/cn=Microsoft Private ...

Access 2003 won`t start.....
I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a while and it won`t start. I did a MS Office Pro repair, and a Reinstall. Neither has helped. I did not remove Office 2003 Pro and then reinstall from scratch yet. That is my next option. I read on the web that Access won`t start when IE7 is installed on my XP Home system. Outlook, PPoint, Publisher, Excel, etc. all start but not Access. Any suggestions? I looked through past threads but can find nothing on this subject. Thank You Plain -- what a mess! That may have been OWA (Outlook Web Access), but ...

SBS 2003 R2 & Virtual PC
Can anyone advise? I have client that uses sbs and finds the VPN link too slow - Therefore he uses RD to the server and works on that as though it was a workstation (Not good I know but we are only talking about a very small firm with 5 Users) Problem is he cant get his email as I will not let him load outlook onto server. I was going to look at having a virtual PC running on server so he can RD to server then run the Virtual XP PC from their - Thus running outlook. Is this best way and if so should I use Virtual PC 2007 or something else? Any advice would be greatly apprec...

Installation of LCS 2005 SP1 in a 64 bits server running OS 2003 R
Two situations: First: With .NET Framework 2.0 & 3.0 install, the LCS installation does not report any errors, but the LCS console is blank. The workaround stated in kb926921 does not work in this case. Also, the live communications tab for the user configuration does not show up either. The LCS start after a reboot but still the same condition and I'm not able to configure the service. Second: Without .NET Framework installed got the following message and the installation failed: Product: MSFT Office Live Communications Server 2005 - - Error 1935. An error occurred during the ...