Moving exchange2k3 server machine account from default OU to another...

Hi all.

I have an win2k3 std sp1 server with exchange2k3 std sp2 on it. The
computer account of the server sits in the default Computers OU,
and i want to move it to another computer OU for policy purposes. I
have a 2k AD. I understand that this move should go without a
problem, maybe a restart of the services afterwards? I'm not going
to move any of the objects in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects
OU, just the computer account.

Any problems that might occur, and would those potential problems
be ok if i just move it back to the default OU?

--

Gripe

0
nah1 (2)

On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:26:48 +0300, "Gripe" <nah@not.no> wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I have an win2k3 std sp1 server with exchange2k3 std sp2 on it. The
>computer account of the server sits in the default Computers OU,
>and i want to move it to another computer OU for policy purposes. I
>have a 2k AD. I understand that this move should go without a
>problem, maybe a restart of the services afterwards? I'm not going
>to move any of the objects in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects
>OU, just the computer account.
>
>Any problems that might occur, and would those potential problems
>be ok if i just move it back to the default OU?

Be aware:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271335
"System Attendant generates Event ID 9186 and Event ID 9187 in
Exchange 2000 and in Exchange 2003"

0
adavid (8731)

Cannot move rule
I am using a rule to move messages to move files but when running I get "Cannot move to folder" I recreated the rule but still get the same message. Outlook 2003 I am using a rule to move messages to a different folder but when running I get error: "cannot move to folder" I recreated the rule but still get the same message. Outlook 2003 ...

Multiple accounts/addresses for same payee
Hi, I'm currently a Quicken user looking to possible make the switch to Money. In Money, is there a way to assign multiple account numbers and/or addresses to the same payee for printing checks. Here are two different scenarios I'm encountering and would like to see if Money can handle them: 1. We have multiple school loans from the same payee but with different account numbers. Every time I go to print a check I've got to edit the account number. 2. We have multiple accounts (home equity, credit card) with the same payee but the mailing addresses are different for each accoun...

Outlook 2007/moving data files
I just started evaluating Office 2007 to see what changes there are to motivate a deployment and what issues there may be. (I must say I have been somewhat impressed by the "Ribbon" interface thing, and it does appear and sound convenient, but takes time to get used to after so long with things in their expected places) Anyway, trying to see if it is feasible this time to use Outlook 2007 with IMAP, I resumed with an account that was created in the past in Outlook XP and then in Outlook 2003. First thing was, I heard that Outlook 2007 should support Unicode data files for IM...

SMTP Server Remote Queue Length Alert on SERVER
Hi, This is an easy one i think, due to having ISP outages we have a rather large remote queue, and I don't know how to force a send now as Internet connection is back to normal. cheers R.A. Sorry i should have mentioned it's running on an SBS 2003 server R.A. wrote: > Hi, > > This is an easy one i think, due to having ISP outages we have a rather > large remote queue, and I don't know how to force a send now as Internet > connection is back to normal. > > cheers > R.A. R.A. wrote: > Sorry i should have mentioned it's running on an SBS 20...

server not responding
I am getting reports from some people trying to send email to us that they are getting 550 server not responding error messages from us. I am getting email from them - but some is delayed and some never gets delivered. We are getting most of our email. Where do I start? Nothing is "glaring" wrong (that I know of). Thanks, Steve Appleton First step is to get ahold of an actual NDR - fully intact. Have them send it to you at an external account if necessary (Yahoo, hotmail). Next, is Exchange the initial entry point for mail from the Internet? What are you using for a fire...

Running Excel on Web Server
Can I (and how can I) 1) Install Excel on my web server 2) Fill cells with values from a web form (ASP is fine) 3) Initiate a long calculation in Excel. (The calc is now implemented as a Macro, can it be moved to an ASP script) 4)At end of calculation, output data and charts calculated. Thanks- Lawrence (Larry) Ricci ...

Can I retreive a deleted email that my symantec server deleted as
Is there a way I may retreive a deleted email form symantec? how did Symantec delete an email? just one email? do you have DIR configured? if so, have you tried recovering it via Outlook? (Recover deleted items)... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "CLueless" <CLueless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5067FF2-FAEA-4926-83E1-2C4E09D14D71@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I may retreive a deleted email form symantec? Hi Susan, Symantec considered spam and it deleted the content and the entire email. One of my rules in my symantec server was violated. Is ...

moving exchange 5.5
I've successfully moved exchange 5.5 server to another server with the same exact name and so on in a test environment before upgrading the entire network to 2000, however when I go to an existing working outlook 2000 client and connect to the new server I had to retype and redo "check name" before it would allow the mailbox to be opened. If I then connect this client back on the same network as the original exchange server then I would have to do the same thing in outlook before it allows the mailbox to be opened. It seems like its picking up something from the servers...

sql server report service 2008
My company used just purchased sql server 2008 and I installed several new reports via sql server report service 2008. Now I am ready to setup report builder 2.0 for expereinced users that are not in the Information Technology group. Can you tell me and/or refer some urls that I can use to setup report builder 2.0 for these users? ...

choosing send account with exchange
I have just switched from Internet only email to Microsoft exchange. I have two email accounts, and I like to be able to choose from which account I send each new message. I seem to have lost that functionality as I can only send from one of the accounts. Can it be restored while Outlook is set up for Exchange? Thank you John You will need to use separate profiles as having Internet and Exchange in the same profile leads to eventual corruption. The basic answer is that you will need to move the preferred transport to the top of the list in Tools->Services to send from that account...

Foreign Currency Accounts
I've searched MS Money help as well as this newsgroup, however, haven't found an answer to the following question: Does MS Money support multiple foreign currency accounts? Apart from my US bank account, I have one in Switzerland (Swiss Francs), France (Euro) and soon Englang (Pounds). Quicken allows me to maintain foreign accounts in their respective currency. How about Money? Thanks. Yes. Same. "Alex" <001@signer.mailshell.com> wrote in message news:2d57501c46b10$ef62e0e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've searched MS Money help as well as this newsgroup, >...

Enterprise Calendars in Project Server 2007
I'm trying to use an Enterprise calendar created in Project Server 2007 to control working time through the Change Working Time tool in Project Professional and it's not working. What's the best way to do this? Thank you, Jerry McKenzie Jerry -- Only the Project Server administrator can modify enterprise calendars, and he/she must start the editing process from the Enterprise Calendars page in PWA. Are you the Project Server administrator? If not, what are you attempting to do with this enterprise calendar? Let us know and we will try to help. -- Dale A...

showing GAL from another org.
Hi there Running exchange 5.5. Now we want's to connect to an exchange 2003 organisation. We should be able to see the other GAL and free/buzy time and the same the other way. does anyone have some ideas for doing so? Thanks Brian On Sun, 1 May 2005 00:33:00 +0200, "Brian" <nospam@mail.int> wrote: >Hi there > >Running exchange 5.5. Now we want's to connect to an exchange 2003 >organisation. We should be able to see the other GAL and free/buzy time and >the same the other way. > >does anyone have some ideas for doing so? > >Thanks &...

Sick machine, don't know what to do
This is a Sony Vaio laptop, bought new with XP installed. All patches, service packs and upgrades are installed. it's regularly checked for malware. I have used a registry cleaner (PC Tools Registry Mechanic) recently. Chkdsk says both internal disks are fine. (They are actually two sectors on one internal disk.) The machine has two problems. They seem serious. Otherwise, it works normally. I stream Netflix on it, no problem. The web browser works fine. Problem 1 -- The Rhapsody application won't launch. It's installed on the C: disk. It "encounters a problem...

Move email
I am running Outlook 2003. When I delete a message or move a message from my Inbox, it stays in my Inbox with a line through the subject. How do I get it to actually move immediately? Are you using an IMAP mailbox? If so, those messages are in the mailbox but haven't been purged yet (it's on the Edit menu, if I remember correctly) "Outlook User" <Outlook User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C77181EE-75EA-4EFF-AB6D-4D434C16C58E@microsoft.com... >I am running Outlook 2003. When I delete a message or move a message from >my > Inbox, it stay...

Screen does not move when scrolling in Excel
Hello all, The problem I'm having is that on one of the worksheets in my Excel spreadsheet, scrolling does not change the visible region of the data. In other words, I can scroll to the bottom ofthe worksheet, but the visible area is still set to the top, and nothing I do will move it to show the data I just scrolled to. If I manually move the cursor to fields below what the visible region shows, the data in the new cell is shown at the top, but the visible region of the file is not changed to show the cell itself. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Shannon Hi Shannon, You pro...

Can Small Business Exchange server be set as Slave
We are in the process of upgrading from Small Business Server to 2003 r2. We are also migrating exchange server. can I set my new exchange server as master and old small business server as slave. Thanks Please help. SS Master and slave in terms of replicating Stores or load-balancing? Nothing out of the box. Exchange Server 2007 lets you replicate Stores locally to another volume (known as LCR or "Local Continuous Replication"), or between 2 cluster nodes (known as CCR or "Cluster Continuous Replication"), but this doesn't allow you to "load-balance&qu...

Investment cash account, budget planner
I've looked through the newsgroup and on the internet and haven't seen anything about this problem. In trying to set up a budget, I find that investment income isn't included, although if I "view income" in any particular category I can see the transactions. I know this must be related to the problem that transfers aren't considered categories, and so don't show up in the budget. And whenever I sell a stock or get a dividend, the money received is transferred into the associated cash account. However, what I can't figure out is if I decide to not transfer the ...

Outlook.pst has been damaged by another application
Outlook 97 has been running fine. It was minimized on the Win NT desktop. A new user mistakenly started up Outlook Express then exited out. When Outlook 97 is started now it generates the error message: The message file C:\WINNT\OUTLOOK.PST can no longer be accessed because it has been damaged by another application. Is there a way to repair the file or recover the data? -R. Baron Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against the .PST file to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my...

Moving page up and down with arrow keys instead of individual cel.
I must have hit a control function. Now instead of moving up/down/left/right in individual cells, I am moving the whole page. Any Ideas? Thanks Ike most probably you accidently hit the scroll lock button. press the scroll lock button again. >-----Original Message----- >I must have hit a control function. Now instead of moving up/down/left/right >in >individual cells, I am moving the whole page. Any Ideas? >Thanks >Ike >. > Scroll lock turned on? Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ike" wrote: > I must have hit a control function. Now instead of moving u...

GL Account Level Security
Has anybody used this feature before? Is it worth using? What would be the ideal situation to use this? Yes, I have used this before. It simply allows you to define what GL accounts a particular user can enter into, edit and enquire on. Typical examples of restricted accounts are 'Directors Renumeration'!!! Seriously though it is an inherent part of the SOX compliance in GP and allows you to control who can view financial data. If you have any questions on setting this up post here again. Best regards, "modonnel@knight.com" wrote: > Has anybody us...

Setting default email fonts
We are running Exchange 2003/SP2 and the clients are running Outlook 2003/SP3. Is it possible to change the default fonts that the users see in Outlook on the Exchange server itself? Or it requires us to go to each user's desk to change the fonts? thanks. On Fri, 7 May 2010 08:29:01 -0700, wli2k2 <wli2k2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Exchange 2003/SP2 and the clients are running Outlook 2003/SP3. > >Is it possible to change the default fonts that the users see in Outlook on >the Exchange server itself? Or it requires us to go to e...

Changing from a IMAP to a POP server
Hi All I had two email accounts, one was an IMAP and the other a POP. The IMAP ran out of space so I called to find out what I had to do. I was told that I could now use a POP setting for this email account. However, when I changed the IMAP to POP, all of my messages download into one pst folder--namely INBOX I liked it when my email messages from job 1 went into the Inbox and my email messages from job 2, went into a different folder. This process easily separated messages into the 2 folders Is there a way that incoming messages can directly load into two different folders I hope this...

Questions about exchange server 2000
Hi all, I'm new to the sys admin game and as with most jobs, been thrown in at the deep end. The company I'm working for has an Exchange 2000 server that is constantly getting spammed and trying to bounce mail back all over the place. As you can imagine, it's not doing much for the performance of things. I have set the server to forward all NDR's to me so I can see if they are simply just spam or mails that should be going elsewhere but either the person has left or an e-mail address has been entered incorrectly. What I would ideally like is for these messages to come di...

"Account setup is temporarily unavailable"
I'm trying to set up a new bank account, and I get "Account setup is temporarily unavailable". It's been like this for several days now, and this is a major bank. What gives? I've run into that a lot, but found that adding the account at the MSN Money site always seems to work, even when I get that message adding one in MS Money -- then the account will sync over. "Paul Pedersen" <nospam@no.spam> wrote: >I'm trying to set up a new bank account, and I get "Account setup is >temporarily unavailable". It's been like this for ...