Moving exchange 5.5 server to Test Domain

I have a test exchange 5.5 server in our production domain and want to move
the server with all its information to our test domain.  There is no link
between our production domain and test domain, is there anyway this can be
done.  I did move it but exchange does not start, I think its is to do with
the exchange service account, how do i add the new test account as the
service account in exchange while there is no link to the production domain.
Also can I add the local admin account to the information store service.
Please Help.  Our domains are windows 2000.

0
gsnijjar (9)

"gurvinder.nijjar" <gsnijjar@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have a test exchange 5.5 server in our production domain and want to move
>the server with all its information to our test domain.  There is no link
>between our production domain and test domain, is there anyway this can be
>done.  I did move it but exchange does not start, I think its is to do with
>the exchange service account, how do i add the new test account as the
>service account in exchange while there is no link to the production domain.
>Also can I add the local admin account to the information store service.
>Please Help.  Our domains are windows 2000.

The service account sid is tied to the box. You move it between
domains and you lose the sid.
Generally you can do this by putting a new box on the production
network as a BDC, synching it and then disconnecting it from the
network. Then promote the box to PDC.
You can then rip the production exchange server out of the production
and boot it into the lab.
You can't rename the exchange server and all you've done is replicate
the production so if you have a pre-existing lab then it's not going
to help much.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)
2/2/2004 7:08:01 PM
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxk.htm

"gurvinder.nijjar" wrote:

> I have a test exchange 5.5 server in our production domain and want to move
> the server with all its information to our test domain.  There is no link
> between our production domain and test domain, is there anyway this can be
> done.  I did move it but exchange does not start, I think its is to do with
> the exchange service account, how do i add the new test account as the
> service account in exchange while there is no link to the production domain.
> Also can I add the local admin account to the information store service.
> Please Help.  Our domains are windows 2000.

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

MSX 5.5: Import von Adressen in einen Verteiler
Hallo, ich habe einen 5.5 Sp4 Server und muss eine lange liste von email-adressen in einen Verteiler aufnehmen. Die email-adressen liegen mir als textfile im Format Name, Vorname, email-adresse vor. Kann ich ein solches Textfile irgendwie in einen Verteiler importieren ? Danke Steffen Meier schrieb: > Kann ich ein solches Textfile irgendwie in einen Verteiler importieren ? Hallo Steffen, schau mal hier rein: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uJoyl4NwDHA.2396%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl -- ..:Daniel Melanchthon:. Technologieberater - Exchange Server http://blogs.technet.com...

Error during Exchange Backup
Hello All, I am writing an application to backup and restore M.S. Exchange server programatically. I am using the Exchange Backup and Restore API and am developing the application in VC++ 6.0 on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Editioon. I am able to do the backup successfully but I am getting error in the function "HrESERestoreAddDatabase" during the resore. I am trying to call the function HrESERestoreComplete as follows: //<step 8> //HrESERestoreComplete CString strTempLocationPath; CString strTempLocationPath1; strTempLocationPath = _T("C:\\viraj\\exchangedata_b...

Most recommended Exchange book?
I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certification testing would be appropriate. Thanks! On Mar 13, 8:46 am, Chris Lukowski <ChrisLukow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange > 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an > all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certificati...

Second SMTP Server
I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server 2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold problem. 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to S...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Exchange Router / Deployment Manager
Hi, we have two diffrent issues with CRM 3.0. (But i think they belong togehter, perhaps?) 1. In Deployment Manager i can't browse the domain. (all windows are empty) But i can add users via web interface. 2. On the Exchange -> CRM E-Mail Router -> All users which i have added via Web GUI generate a "Failure" by locating the CRM Users with the Rule Deployment Wizard Thanks for your help! Have you managed to resolve this issue as we're facing the same problem. Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Nick. "TN" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

Send/receive #5
When I hit s/r in Outlook 2000, today it is giving me "Operation failed." I've done the troubleshooting detect and repair, checked settings, rebooted. I don't know what to do next. My account w/ Earthlink is current; I'm using dialup; I have Norton and had scan for incoming/outgoing which I've disabled and still not working. Any ideas? ...

Restore messages from Exchange database
Our SBS2000 crashed the other day without a backup of Active Directory. We now only have a backup of the exchange database (edb and stm files). The domain has been recreated from fresh and 5 computers were re-joined the domain. Exchange also were installed. Question: what would be the right way to restore the messages from the edb and stm backup copy? Thank you in advance! -jesk Jesk You'll have to recreate the Exchange org and do a restore. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx Unless you have a flat file recovery tool like Quest R...

Update Existing Purchase Orders with New Exchange Rate
Hello, I have existing Purchase Orders in Great Plains 8.0 were some of the line items have been received is there a way to change the exchange rate for the remaining line items and any new line items added? Thanks, Brian M. Database Administrator ...

xsd question #5
I am doing a bulk load and an element name in the xsd and xml is named differently in the database. I can NOT change the database field or xml. Can I do anything with ehw XSD? The field name in the db is "CaseType" <xs:schema xmlns="" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema"> <xs:element name="Cases" sql:relation="PUCCASES"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="NbrOfCases" type="xs:decimal"/> <xs:ele...

received/not invoiced report #5
Hello: All things being equal, is there any good reason as to why an item would not appear on the POP Received/Not Invoiced Report one afternoon but land on that report the next morning? The item should have been on the report that afternoon. The client says that the receipt for the item had been posted, prior to that report having been run that first time. She, also, says that the report option used both that afternoon and the next morning were the same. Could it just have been a glitch in the system that prevented the item from showing on the report that afternoon? Thanks! child...

Audience rule, problem with Domain Local Group.
I try to create a rule for my audience on Portal 2007 User = Member of --- some Domain Local Group (I need to add people from other trusted forest) But it can't be relolved :-( What's wrong? I checked it on 3 Portals, no luck I cam only create such a rule: Work e-mail Contains @needed_domain.com or add individual accounts from those domains, but there are 1000, too hard to add manually .... Please help. Perhaps there is another way These groups need to be either Global or Universal groups. Universal groups are better for SharePoint, and they can contain global...

SFO without joined to MSCRM domain (continue) for Mr.John
Dear Mr.John, Please tell me, Why SFO can not use RPC over Http? because I must to explain with my customer. Do you have any idea for using SFO with MSCRM behind firewall and client are using SFO had multi domain in their company? rpc over http is used to coomunicate with exchange server. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "phong" <phong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FB1B72F-6021-4D50-B71D-F92433CD44B8@microsoft.com... > Dear Mr.John, > Please tell me, Why SFO can not use RPC over Http? because I must to &...

Outlook Express Problems #5
Question 1: I am creating an address Group in Express. I added about 75 addresses, and ... suddenly I see ONLY 50!! Where did the other 25 go to? What can I do to solve this? Question 2: I would like to enter a large number of email addresses in BCC. Is there a way to conveniently do this? In AOL you can apparently enter a bunch of addresses into CC:, with parentheses at start and finish. Can you do this in Express? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the...

test

outlook error after domain controller reboot?
Hello, We have 2 DCs in 1 site. 2003 AD Ex 2003 Both ADs are GCs and one has all the other roles. Rid PD emulator ect When I reboot one of the DCs clients sometimes get errors and are not able to send mail. However while the DC is rebooting if they just close outlook and re open it ....it seems to attach itslef to the DC that is up and running and works fine. How can I get it to be smoother? So they dont have to close and open outlook. thanks What type of errors do you get? What client are using? If Outlook 2003 are you in cached mode? Is this a single domain environment? Nue &qu...

Exchange 2007: M-drive possible?
I tried to execute the ifsdrive script to create an M-drive for the Exchange stores, like in Exchange 2000/2003, but the M-drive does not appear with Exchange 2007. Does anyone know of a way to access the mailboxes in order to move messages out of and into mailboxes? Thanks Not sure if M: is still possible with E2K7, but it is much easier and safer to use e-mai client (like Outlook) to access mailboxes. Prem wrote: > I tried to execute the ifsdrive script to create an M-drive for the > Exchange stores, like in Exchange 2000/2003, but the M-drive does not > appear with Exchange 20...

Script to audit windows 2003 servers
I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my physical servers which are in a specific network. Is this possible to do. The information I need for the server is as following: Model number - amount of RAM - amount and speed of CPU's - local storage - amount of nics - amount of HBA - installed OS And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21. Is there a way I can run one script to get all this information. It will of course require remote access to these servers. Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2. An...

exch 2003
how can i find out if LDAP is active on my 2003 server thanks LDAP isn't active on Exchange 2003 but only on your DCs. Try to do a telnet on the port 389 (LDAP). Regards, Xavier "Urs Meier" <urs@atcinc.com> wrote in message news:0ba501c3dec7$e3afe700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how can i find out if LDAP is active on my 2003 server > > thanks ...

Problems Sending Messages to domains w/ multiple MX records
Got a question for the Exchange experts out there. We have a wierd situation occuring where e-mails we send to domains w/ multiple MX records either do not get through or the recipient receives the message multiple times until we manually delete the message in the ESM/Queues. All other messages get through fine. We have come to this conclusion (problem is with multiple MX records) by testing the domains we are having problems w/ using www.dnsstuff.com DNS Lookup tool for MX records. All of them come back w/ multiple MX records. Here is what has changed recently: We moved to a new locat...