moving Exchange 2003 mailboxes from multiple domains to one new do

My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a
new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new
domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB
mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new
exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any
ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack?
0
Kemper (4)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper
<Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a
>new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new
>domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB
>mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new
>exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any
>ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack?

Are these servers all in the same Exchange org?

0
adavid (8731)
3/28/2007 5:04:01 PM
the old servers are. for the sake of anonymity, and simplicity lets say:

one exchange server is in east.company.net domain
one is in west.company.net domain
one is in canada.company.net domain

all receive email for company.com SMTP traffic

the new windows domain is company.org. we are building new servers on new
hardware. The new exchange server will accept company.com SMTP traffic as
well.

"Andy David {MVP}" wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper
> <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a
> >new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new
> >domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB
> >mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new
> >exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any
> >ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack?
>
> Are these servers all in the same Exchange org?

0
Kemper (4)
3/28/2007 5:32:06 PM
On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:32:06 -0700, Kemper
<Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>the old servers are. for the sake of anonymity, and simplicity lets say:
>
>one exchange server is in east.company.net domain
>one is in west.company.net domain
>one is in canada.company.net domain
>
>all receive email for company.com SMTP traffic
>
>the new windows domain is company.org. we are building new servers on new
>hardware. The new exchange server will accept company.com SMTP traffic as
>well.
So they arent in the same Exchange org then?

>"Andy David {MVP}" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper
>> <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a
>> >new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new
>> >domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB
>> >mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new
>> >exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any
>> >ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack?
>>
>> Are these servers all in the same Exchange org?

0
adavid (8731)
3/28/2007 6:13:26 PM
no

"Andy David {MVP}" wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:32:06 -0700, Kemper
> <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >the old servers are. for the sake of anonymity, and simplicity lets say:
> >
> >one exchange server is in east.company.net domain
> >one is in west.company.net domain
> >one is in canada.company.net domain
> >
> >all receive email for company.com SMTP traffic
> >
> >the new windows domain is company.org. we are building new servers on new
> >hardware. The new exchange server will accept company.com SMTP traffic as
> >well.
> So they arent in the same Exchange org then?
>

> >"Andy David {MVP}" wrote:

> >> Are these servers all in the same Exchange org?

0
Kemper (4)
3/28/2007 7:14:07 PM
bump

"Kemper" wrote:

> no
>
> "Andy David {MVP}" wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:32:06 -0700, Kemper
> > <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >the old servers are. for the sake of anonymity, and simplicity lets say:
> > >
> > >one exchange server is in east.company.net domain
> > >one is in west.company.net domain
> > >one is in canada.company.net domain
> > >
> > >all receive email for company.com SMTP traffic
> > >
> > >the new windows domain is company.org. we are building new servers on new
> > >hardware. The new exchange server will accept company.com SMTP traffic as
> > >well.
> > So they arent in the same Exchange org then?

0
Kemper (4)

Exchange 2003
I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2 it should fix this issue. I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003. -- La Senza Support In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com, La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. > I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't > restarted the information store service...

New Implementation

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Attaching Contacts to new email

New to excel

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2