Moving Emails to a Public Folder

Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to
several email addresses to one public folder.  The problem is that
these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field,
but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was
sent to (without looking in the headers).

When you reply, the original email in the body still only references
the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was
originally sent to.

Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed?
 If not, I guess I'll have to stop using a public folder, and create an
exchange mailbox.  This would be much more work because then you have
to go to another link in OWA to access the other mailbox, and in
Outlook this other mailbox will have to be added to everyone's
username/workstation combination.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Jim

0
junder (3)

On 13 Nov 2006 17:25:56 -0800, junder@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to
>several email addresses to one public folder.  The problem is that
>these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field,
>but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was
>sent to (without looking in the headers).
>
>When you reply, the original email in the body still only references
>the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was
>originally sent to.
>
>Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed?
> If not, I guess I'll have to stop using a public folder, and create an
>exchange mailbox.  This would be much more work because then you have
>to go to another link in OWA to access the other mailbox, and in
>Outlook this other mailbox will have to be added to everyone's
>username/workstation combination.
>
>Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
>Jim

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817809
"Update to permit the caching of incoming SMTP messages as IPM.Note"

0
adavid (8731)
11/14/2006 1:52:21 AM
Andy David - MVP wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2006 17:25:56 -0800, junder@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to
> >several email addresses to one public folder.  The problem is that
> >these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field,
> >but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was
> >sent to (without looking in the headers).
> >
> >When you reply, the original email in the body still only references
> >the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was
> >originally sent to.
> >
> >Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed?
> > If not, I guess I'll have to stop using a public folder, and create an
> >exchange mailbox.  This would be much more work because then you have
> >to go to another link in OWA to access the other mailbox, and in
> >Outlook this other mailbox will have to be added to everyone's
> >username/workstation combination.
> >
> >Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
> >Jim
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817809
> "Update to permit the caching of incoming SMTP messages as IPM.Note"

Thanks, that worked!

Now if I could only figure out a way to reply to an email in a Public
Folder using OWA without adding a front-end Exchange Server . . .

Jim

0
junder (3)
11/14/2006 3:19:26 AM
On 13 Nov 2006 19:19:26 -0800, junder@hotmail.com wrote:

>Andy David - MVP wrote:
>> On 13 Nov 2006 17:25:56 -0800, junder@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to
>> >several email addresses to one public folder.  The problem is that
>> >these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field,
>> >but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was
>> >sent to (without looking in the headers).
>> >
>> >When you reply, the original email in the body still only references
>> >the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was
>> >originally sent to.
>> >
>> >Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed?
>> > If not, I guess I'll have to stop using a public folder, and create an
>> >exchange mailbox.  This would be much more work because then you have
>> >to go to another link in OWA to access the other mailbox, and in
>> >Outlook this other mailbox will have to be added to everyone's
>> >username/workstation combination.
>> >
>> >Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
>> >Jim
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817809
>> "Update to permit the caching of incoming SMTP messages as IPM.Note"
>
>Thanks, that worked!
>
>Now if I could only figure out a way to reply to an email in a Public
>Folder using OWA without adding a front-end Exchange Server . . .
>
>Jim

doh! By design. :)
0
adavid (8731)

can't insert, delete or move pictures
can't insert, delete or move pictures Sheet protected? parker wrote: > > can't insert, delete or move pictures -- Dave Peterson ...

Troubleshooting missing items in Search Folders
Hi, all - I've got OL2003 SP2, and in the interest of organizing my boatload of client correspondence, I've just started setting up search folders for them. I have used Search Folders a lot in the past, but am running into some strangeness... My goal is to find all mail sent to or from me, to or from my clients' registered domain names, looking in my inbox or sent items folder only. I was unable to make a wildcard (to act on anybody@domain.com) if I used a custom search folder, no matter what I did - in advanced, using "TO contains domainname.com" and "FROM c...

Blank Emails #3
Hello, Environment is Exchange 2003 Standard loaded on a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition. My users are using Outlook 2002(XP) and some of them are using Outlook 2003. Some of them create Rich Text, some Plain Text, some HTML. I have been going through trying all different ones for them. This has never happened until Exchange 2003 (installed roughly 1 1/2 Months ago). Problem only popped up a week ago. The problem is, users are sending and recieving blank emails occasionally. Even the copy that goes into their 'Sent' Items is blank. They all have the latest Service Pa...

Exporting emails from Outlook 2003 #2
I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a subject. I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the information over including not giving all the text in the body of the email. A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it doesn't show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not dated in the title Please can anybody help? Hi stevtb why do you want to export the emails. What is the target/reson to export the emails? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Publi...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange server? Sure as they are all in the same Exchange org. Nue "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message news:uRS2KYKOGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's > exchange server? > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote: >Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange >serve...

Email with attachments
I have a user reporting that since installing the Laptop CRM client, email with attachments will just sit in his outbox unable to send. Has anyone else heard of a problem like this. He is the only client that we have running Vista. ...

duplicate emails being sent
I have a couple of computers that are sending duplicate emails only when they are sending to more than one recipient. Any idea why this is happening? Jeff ...

moving text from a word document to excel
I'm moving a large amount of text from word documents to an excel spreedsheet, and I have a few questions: 1. When I copy/paste text from the document to the spreedsheet, the text will sometimes expand the cell very large. How can I keep all the cells the same size? 2. When I click on a cell that has text in it to read it, sometimes it will only show the text in a long downwards column, whereas other times it shows it as a big 'blurb' to the right side (which makes it easier to read). How can I set it up so it is not in a long column? 3. How can I insert cells without h...

can not delete emails
i went out of town and returned with 3000+ emails. some i can delete, some i can not. i have tried to repair and fix, i have tried to create a new profile and import/export everything. any ideas? thanks in advance. yes, the cannot move item(s). The initial error i get when trying to delete is: "the message interface has returned an unknown error. if this persists, restart outlook". The only thing i can think of is a damaged profile??? >-----Original Message----- >Do you get an error when trying to move the item to another folder (e.g. >move the item to the deleted ...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Can I retrieve deleted email from the enlarged database
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop My v.X database is 950Mb with very little email. I know this is because of the deleted emails of the past and that rebuilding the database would produce a new database the right size. I would like to know if I can get to the deleted emails. Can I get them back. I have run in to an issue that I need them. <FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12pt'>On 5/11/10 11:41 PM, in article <a href="59bb859f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0&q...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

Move / Migrate Mail
I currently have my Exchange server hosted off site. I am looking to move this in house, of course I don't own the hardware the server is currently on. So I will be building a new server. The current server (hosted) is in its own domain - I did not make this but I have to support it-, I have duplicate accounts for email, plus some only email accounts. I am looking for suggestions to accomplish this task. My idea was to add all the user accounts that are currently 'email only' to my domain so all my accounts match.... Make my Exchange server and mailboxes. Then should I u...

MOving CRM to new domain 12-01-03
We are in teh process of changing over to a new domain and need to migrate our CRM server to the new domain. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know if a Tech article or paper on how to do this? Thanks In Advance! Microsoft currently say its not possible as per the article i have pasted below. The only way i can think of doing this is installing a parallel CRM system and have code look at the data and migrate between the two systems by creating new objects on the new CRM system. The data migration framework may help but that may also be dependant on the domain being the same etc ...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Public Folder/OWA problem
We're running a pure Ex2k3 environment. I'm trying to setup a public folder where end-user software can be posted. This way, users can access our front-end OWA server outside of the network, open public folders, and then save the software to their local PC. The problem is that i get a "403 Forbidden" error whenever i try to download the file off of OWA. I checked that users had all permissions to the folder.. I found this TechNet article that describes something very similar (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834743/en-us). The only problem is that it refers to som...

Restoring Public Folder to a Recovery Server
Hello, We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how can we acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried installing outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder database. Thanks in advance Hi, "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery > server (separe forest). We ar...

Folder-Link Icon in Outlook 2003
In the past (Outlook XP and before) I could distinguish between a regular Folder and a Folder-Link (.xnk file). Their icons were different. In Outlook 2003 a Folder-Link icon looks exactly the same as a Folder icon. Is they any way I can influence the look of Folder Link icons ? You can change the xnk-file icon association by going to Control Panel-> Folder Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Arie Blonk" <Arie Blonk@discussio...

Help!! Way to find users sending email to large amount of receipients.
Could some one tell me if there is a way in Exchange 2003 to find out what users are sending email to a large amount of recipients? I'm having some serious performance issues and I'm sure it's some one sending email to a large amount of recipients. Thanks, Will ...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Default Folder for PST files?
I have a slightly different question relating to the above: I already have my current & archive pst files stored in my own personal folders. When I want to open my archive folder I right-click Outlook Today & select 'Open Outlook Data File'. Everytime, Outlook defaults to its own path (Documents & Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\) This is really annoying & I would like it to default to opening a customised path, such as C:\Mail\ Any suggestions? -- Cheers, James Goodman Hi James, if you want to displace your pst file, please ...

Problems Recieving Emails
I have two accounts one for me and one for the better half. I have them set up on outlook correctly . The problem is I can only down load the wife's email using out look express. I also use Mail Washer to wash the crud out and it does not see the email either although it logs on to the accounts. Cox is my ISP. I have discussed it with them and the answer was to take it up with Microsoft, but that was a waste of time as they have not found any cause for the action. Any ideas of the problem would be kindly accepted. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Separate mail profiles? 3. Separate Windows L...

Create Folders in Directory with Excel VBA?
Hi, Is there a way to create folders with a specfic names, and have them saved in a directory. I have an excel file with 250 records with my desired folder names. I want to avoid having to through the process of selecting <File | New | Folder> then naming the folder -- 250 times! I imagine there's an easier way with VBA... please help! Thanks It can be done something like this. Attatch code to a command button on the sheet. Alter code to suit your reqirements. Test on a dummy workbook first until you get it to work the way you want. Please note that there are practical lim...

Copy NDRs to public folder
All, I have moved my postmaster mailbox into a mail-enabled folder, which is working fine. However, I cannot get Exchange to send copies of NDRs to the postmaster mailbox. If I select any other "true" mailbox, it's fine. Isn't this supported or am I missing something? Any help appreciated! -- Kind regards, Erik Cheizoo eXcellence & Difference - we keep your business running ============================================ Always test in a non-production environment before implementing Guidelines for posting: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 ======================...

Entire Visio page moves whenever I use the directional arrow keys instead of the object I've clicked on
Gurus, Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whenever I click on an object and try to move it using the right, left, or up or down arrow keys, the whole page moves instead of the object I've clicked on. This is really annoying! It didn't used to be this way. I'm not sure what I changed. I simply want the object I've highlighted to move whenever I use the arrow keys not the whole Visio page itself! -- Spin On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:29:14 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whe...