Moving Emails to a Public Folder

Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to
several email addresses to one public folder.  The problem is that
these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field,
but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was
sent to (without looking in the headers).

When you reply, the original email in the body still only references
the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was
originally sent to.

Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed?
 If not, I guess I'll have to stop using a public folder, and create an
exchange mailbox.  This would be much more work because then you have
to go to another link in OWA to access the other mailbox, and in
Outlook this other mailbox will have to be added to everyone's
username/workstation combination.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Jim

0
junder (3)

On 13 Nov 2006 17:25:56 -0800, junder@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to
>several email addresses to one public folder.  The problem is that
>these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field,
>but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was
>sent to (without looking in the headers).
>
>When you reply, the original email in the body still only references
>the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was
>originally sent to.
>
>Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed?
> If not, I guess I'll have to stop using a public folder, and create an
>exchange mailbox.  This would be much more work because then you have
>to go to another link in OWA to access the other mailbox, and in
>Outlook this other mailbox will have to be added to everyone's
>username/workstation combination.
>
>Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
>Jim

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817809
"Update to permit the caching of incoming SMTP messages as IPM.Note"

0
adavid (8731)
11/14/2006 1:52:21 AM
Andy David - MVP wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2006 17:25:56 -0800, junder@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to
> >several email addresses to one public folder.  The problem is that
> >these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field,
> >but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was
> >sent to (without looking in the headers).
> >
> >When you reply, the original email in the body still only references
> >the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was
> >originally sent to.
> >
> >Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed?
> > If not, I guess I'll have to stop using a public folder, and create an
> >exchange mailbox.  This would be much more work because then you have
> >to go to another link in OWA to access the other mailbox, and in
> >Outlook this other mailbox will have to be added to everyone's
> >username/workstation combination.
> >
> >Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
> >Jim
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817809
> "Update to permit the caching of incoming SMTP messages as IPM.Note"

Thanks, that worked!

Now if I could only figure out a way to reply to an email in a Public
Folder using OWA without adding a front-end Exchange Server . . .

Jim

0
junder (3)
11/14/2006 3:19:26 AM
On 13 Nov 2006 19:19:26 -0800, junder@hotmail.com wrote:

>Andy David - MVP wrote:
>> On 13 Nov 2006 17:25:56 -0800, junder@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to
>> >several email addresses to one public folder.  The problem is that
>> >these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field,
>> >but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was
>> >sent to (without looking in the headers).
>> >
>> >When you reply, the original email in the body still only references
>> >the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was
>> >originally sent to.
>> >
>> >Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed?
>> > If not, I guess I'll have to stop using a public folder, and create an
>> >exchange mailbox.  This would be much more work because then you have
>> >to go to another link in OWA to access the other mailbox, and in
>> >Outlook this other mailbox will have to be added to everyone's
>> >username/workstation combination.
>> >
>> >Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
>> >Jim
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817809
>> "Update to permit the caching of incoming SMTP messages as IPM.Note"
>
>Thanks, that worked!
>
>Now if I could only figure out a way to reply to an email in a Public
>Folder using OWA without adding a front-end Exchange Server . . .
>
>Jim

doh! By design. :)
0
adavid (8731)

Public Calendar view options
I have a few calendars being shared that were created in the public folder group. Users want to view taskbar within calendar whch is grayed out and oes not seem to be a view option as is in any private calendar. Can this be done. Exchange 2000, clients are Outlook 2003 cachede exchange mode. Upgrade to Exchange 2003 in the works but not current in our user base. -- Jim Krawisz ...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Public Function Problems
Hi, I am very new to VBA and am attempting to use a public Function withou much luck. What I need is I have 6 test results in columns C to H and I need Public Function to add the scores up make certain divisions and outpu a mark e.g Merit for the score they achieved. I have attempted it i the code below and have chopped and changed thing so much I am no totally confused. This is the code... Code ------------------- Option Explicit Public Function Grade(cell As Range) As String Dim dblTest1 As Double Dim dblTest2 As Double Dim dblTest3 As Double Dim dblTest4 As Dou...

I just activated office2003 S&T ver, cannot reply to emails
my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot reply In news:28E0E702-5CE2-4C2A-B033-EC618ECF90EE@microsoft.com, txcowboy <txcowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot > reply What type of e-mail account do you use? Are you running all the Office/Outlook updates, including SP1? I got it resolved. Don't know how for sure. I am running MS office outlook 2003 I think I needed to authenticate to MSN Passport by login in. before it allowed me to do replies. All this security and I ...

.pst folder help
How do I put a .pst folder in My Documents for constant up to date copying? Mine seems to be in a folder called Office Data File which I cannot open but do not see any pst file...can someone kindly help me out here? Thanks! Right click the pst in outlook and select properties and then click Advanced You will see the location of the file. Depending on your view settings it may be hidden. Close the pst, (right click it, close) Move the file to the location you desire. Open Outlook select File - Open - Outlook Data File Browse to the file and select it. OK Done Regards Mark Dormer &quo...

Inserting the email
Hi There I have a data base of users at our company and wish to know how to insert "@(emailaddress)" after every user in all 5000+ cells and is it possible to import this list to outlook ? please help Nik excell newbie Are they all @thesame.com? If your data is in one column, I'd insert a new column and use a formula: =a1&"@emailaddress.com Copy|paste special|values and toss the original column. And if you save the file as a .csv (comma separated values), then you can specify that inside Outlook for importing. (I might even export the existing contacts as a ....

Calendar/address book: sharing folder with only 1 .PST for n users
I'm going to share a folder on my file server for ten specific users where I create unique .PST file. For example I create test.pst and I assign full rights to this one for my 10 users. For every client, can I link MS Outlook to test.pst ? In this way I could use ONLY sharing calendar and Address book ? I'm not interesting to use mailbox on this pst, because for mailboxes I can use local pst for each machine. "Riccardo" <ric.castellani@alice.it> wrote in message news:990c53ca-cae4-4146-ace7-fec4287c7771@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I'm going to share a fo...

Strange outlook receiving email problem
New to this forum, hopefully you guys can help. One of my customers was having a weird issue... the whole building is on a network/domain. Everyone is set up to use outlook/ pop3. Nobody is having problems except two employees. For some reason they can't receive emails from each other. Using web mail everything works fine. Creating emails from the web mail the email is sent and received in outlook. But sending emails from outlook do not make it to the other persons outlook. Now the weird part is that these two people communicate just fine with everyone else. They can send and receive emai...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

Default email server
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am changing from cable broadband to ADSL2. Internet and email from my new address are working fine but I cannot get mail from my old address to forward through the new server. It appears that the old setting has a default to the old server that I cannot over ride. The sending mail setting in the old account has been changed to the new setting. Anything that I also need to do? Thanks in anticipation On 2010-03-03 00:54:42 -0500, Gary_Lawrence@officeformac.com said: > I cannot get mai...

Re-Reciving emails.
Dear All How can I receive only newermails after reinstalling my outlook ?? Accidently I have to reinstall my microsoft Outlook. So I saved my mails in other folder. After reinstalling and opening again my old mails I started to receive to e- mails. But at that time I have to receive emils already present in my inbox. So I have to wait long long time to read my newer mail. So please tell me if there any way to receive only new mails after office reinstallation.... Thanks... Zaw Ye There is no way to do this. The information about which messages have already been receiv...

REPLY AS who email was TO.
"User A" recieves "User B". That is emails sent to "User B" are being forwarded to "User A". "User A" also has permissions to "Send on behalf" of "User B". When "User A" replys to an email that was addressed to "User B", it appears to come from "User A" unless he manually selects the reply to be from "UserB". How can I make ANY replys to "User B"'s emails appear to come from "User B" WITHOUT User A having to manually change the default? (Ofcoarse, when &...

MSN email acc in Outlook 2003
Hi. I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to retrieve my emails. The error: Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on...

limit the size of imbound/outbound emails
We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and going outbound? Thanks AW Yes. See article Q322679: How to set limits for messages in Exchange Server. "SW" wrote: > We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and > going outbound? > > Thanks > > AW ...

Quick Campaign: More than 1 email is sent out
Hi All, I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each contact. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks. On 25 jul, 13:14, Gunady <Gun...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick > campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact > record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each > contact. Does anyone ...

rule to move sent mail to 2nd mailbox sent folder
We have Outlook 2002 (enterprise). I have my own mail box and in addition, another shared mailbox. What I need to be able to do is have a rule set up so that when I reply to an email from the shared mail box, that shows the from email address as ''my name and 'on behalf of; 'shared mail box'' it moves the sent email from my own personal email to the sent mail folder on the shared email folder. I also need to set up a rule for any emails that are deleted from the shared email box are put into the 'shared email delete box'. I have looked at the rules and can&#...

Email Notifications #3
I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everything works fine, but I have complaints that the email notification in the Web Outlook Access is not working for AD users. It works for admin accounts but not a standard user, do they need to be in a certian group in order for it to work for them. It does work for them as long as the Outlook Web Access window is maximized and on top of everthing else. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:30:04 -0800, New email notifications in OWA <New email notifications in OWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everyt...

Outlook cannot 'send' email????????
Hi Suddenly (it was working a few days ago) my Outlook 2003 on windows XP cannot 'send' email. It gets a permissions error. I have no problem downloading email, I can even add new contacts and appointments to the Outlook servers but emails will not go. I do not have this problem in Outlook 2001 for Mac or on another Windows XP box with Outlook 2003 and as I said it was working fine on this machine until a few days ago. Does anyone have any ideas????? Robin What is the exact error? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Restoring Public folders to another server
We have a server that has crashed and AD is all up the wop. It was our exchange server (Exchange 2000). We have a new server in place but we can't restore our public folders from backup (Veritas 9.1). Is there a way to restore public folders to a different server or do we have to rebuild the server with all the same names etc.....? In advance thankyou for the help. -- Network Consultant a full recovery server is your only option, unless you go with a 3rd party tool... "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCA3555-EA66-4BCC-AB7C-59896AB02...

Outlook constantly sends Phantom email
Running Outlook XP, I have no messages in outbox yet there is a 'sending message 1 of 1' indicator. It shows up every time it checks for new mail. I get a mail send error each time after it times out. Is this some sign of virus? Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Running Outlook XP, I have no messages in outbox yet > there is a 'sending message 1 of 1' indicator. It shows > up every time it checks for new mail. I get a mail send > error each time after it times out. > > Is this some sign of virus? More likely it's an undeliv...

Workflow Rule for Allowing Email
I want to update all of our current accounts with a manual workflow rule that will update the contact method on the administration tab in accounts to reflect "Allow" for Email. When trying to setup this rule, I set the "donotemail" field to false (0), but when I apply that rule, it doesn't change anything (I've also tried "donotbulkemail"). Any ideas how to make a workflow rule that will update this field from "do not allow" to "allow". -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.pre...

Email looping problem
Hi, We have recently taken over another company and I need to get the users at the new companies site to be able to receive emails in the format of our companies email e.g. both sites need to receive emails sent to joe.bloggs@xyz.com We have setup recipient policy on the new companies exchange to accept emails for our companies domain. We have also set the SMTP virtual server at each site to "forward email with unresolved recipients" to the public IP address of the other. The problem here is that when an email is sent to a user that doesn't exist both exchange servers w...

Total no of sent email
In Exchange 2003, a) Anyway to track which user has sent out the most email or least email(regardless of internal or external)? b) i can view the user storage used. anyway to export it as i want to file as report. "2Tian" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2003, >a) Anyway to track which user has sent out the most email or least >email(regardless of internal or external)? The message tracking logs hold the information you want. Now all you need is a way to extract that information, store it, and arrange the storage in a way that will let you query it fo...

EMail replies 12-12-05
Hi, We are trying to setup a support process using CRM 3.0 Pro. A queue has been created and is being populated using the router from e-mails coming in to support@company.com. When people are replying to e-mail in this folder the reply-to address is set to the logged on user. Is there an easy way to define that the reply-to address should be support@company.com for specific e-mails? Regards, Manso ...

Posting to Public Folder-VIEW--the FROM field
When I post to a public folder, and click VIEW--the FROM field is grayed out. This worked in Outlook 2000. Are there any work-arounds? ...