moving databases

when i use the "optomizer" program and agree to the
recomendations, the program fails to move the databases.
It will attempt to, and then after awhile it just stops
responding.

When i try to move the databases manually and then change
the data paths, i get an error that says the data is
already moved and it fails to change the paths...

any suggestions??
0
nowbiteme (3)

Hi Tim,

Do the databases themselves actually move?  Does the server hang trying to
stop services?  Look in the registry at
HKeyLocalMachine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\
ParametersPrivate\DB Path
ParametersPublic\DB Path
ParametersSystem\Working Directory and DB Log Path

This tells you where the databases, logfiles, and .chk file are supposed to
be located.  I've never tried it but I think you can move them manually and
then modify these registry keys to reflect the changes

--
Craig Philbeck
a-cphil@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"tim" <nowbiteme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> when i use the "optomizer" program and agree to the
> recomendations, the program fails to move the databases.
> It will attempt to, and then after awhile it just stops
> responding.
>
> When i try to move the databases manually and then change
> the data paths, i get an error that says the data is
> already moved and it fails to change the paths...
>
> any suggestions??

0
a-cphil (97)
11/12/2003 9:26:03 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem in my organization.

Search for KB821543 in http://www.microsoft.com/technet.

If you need ... i have the fix.
Good luck !!!

Cheers
Alex

Re: Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97
jixiaoli <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message news:... > > Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message > news:27e001c3fc97$6b59bbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97 > database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access > XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish to > distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file > from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution > database contains ...

The database cannot be opened...
Access 2007, Windows 7 ... When attempting to run a simple import from Excel, I was getting "The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted." Tried a lot of suggestions from the net, none worked. Uninstalled Access, then re-installed. Now getting ... "Microsoft Access can't find the wizard. This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry, or this wizard has been disabled". There's nothing there in ...

Redeploy question regarding databases
We just finished the redeploy of CRM 1.2 to 3.0 in a new server. Everything is good but we need help with SQL. The databases need to be updated with the data that employees enter in the old server running 1.2. What is the best way to do it? Do the table structures of both Databases are the same? ...

Opening a database 02-14-08
I have a database that in order to see the contents of the database I need to hold down the sift key to open it. Otherwise it will not let me view anything except the switchboard form. I need to change this but I did not design this database. Is there a way to remove this so that anyone can open the database and view all its contents without holding down the shift key? I am using Access 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, dee Go to Tools | Startup and ensure that the Display Database Window box is checked. You can also have it not display the switchboard (should you wa...

Move Information Store
How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "optimizer" and relocate the information store. Is there a way to do this with o3? tia This should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF001.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "smw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:612501c42e27$172305f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 > server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "op...

Exchange 5.5 database is becoming too large
Hi, we have a server with Windows NT 4.0 SBS and Exchange Server 5.5. The server has a 3 Disks Raid 5 array. The array is divided in 6 partitions of about 6 GB (exept drive C that is 2 GB) Exchange is installed in drive D. Our exchange Database is now growed and is, at the moment about 5 GB. We have about 300 MB free on drive D. But we have more than 4 GB free on drive G. What can i do in order to avoid problems in future? Is it possible to put some mailboxes on another drive? It could be safe to work with partition magic in order to join some drives? Any other ideas? Please help us!!!! M...

joining up files to one database
i got a few files i want to join to gether to make one file, so when i click it, all the tabs are at the bottom of the page? hope you understand that cheers for the help Shed, You'll need to do a Move (Edit, Move or Copy Worksheet) to move each sheet (or a copy of) into a common workbook. Then save that. No magic button. Shortcut: Right click a worksheet tab -- Move or copy worksheet is there too. Or you can tile (Window, Arrange) the two workbooks (get them both on the screen simultaneously), and drag the tab from one workbook to the other. Hold the control to copy instead of m...

Downgrade RMA 2.0 database to 1.3?
Is there anyway to do this? NO. Can go up but not back unless you have backup from before the upgrade ...

can I make a empty priv1.edb database in Ech 2003 ??
need help new can I make a empty priv1.edb database in Ech 2003 ?? THANKS Sure you "can", but the question is why? If you want to create a new empty database, then you would dismount the Mailbox store, then delete, move or rename the existing files. Next, simply re-mount the Mailbox store and you will be presented with a message box indicating that new blank databases will be created and do you want to proceed. That's really all there is to it. If you have any mail in the old databases, I'd seriously recommend that you either rename or move them instead of dele...

Database Query #4
I have created a data table in a worksheet and named it “data”. Then I created a separate worksheet, in the same workbook, and created a database query of the data table, by using Data…Import External Data…New Database Query…Excel Files* and defining the database name by browsing to the same workbook. The query worked fine. However, when I moved the workbook (which included the data source) to a different folder and tried to refresh the database query, I got the following error message: “[Microsoft] [ODBC Excel Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object ‘data’...

Resolution to CRM 1.2 database export failed error during 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
After struggling with this error working with MS Support and receiving no resolution, we were able to solve the problem through KB article 916924 (see below). Why MS Support did not point us to this in the first place is quite frustrating, so hopefully this will help others! CAUSE Cause 1 This problem occurs because there are saved queries in the Microsoft CRM 1.2 databases that are malformed. This problem usually occurs because a third-party product is not completely removed from the Microsoft CRM databases before you upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. Cause 2 This problem occurs if th...

Reduce Database Size
3 x Exchange 2003 Ent, Windows 2003 I know this gets discussed quite a bit but as our system (and skills) are relatively new I look for your experience and support. After our migration from GroupWise to Exchange our storage groups became quite large averaging 120G each We have now introduced an archiving product which has successfully siphoned off about 120Gb across all three databases. Now things have levelled I would like to reduce the size of the databases. What is the correct and safest method to do this? On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:56:53 -0000, "Dave Lee" <abuse@aol.com&...

How can i move the Winsxs folder
Hi all, We have a windows 2008 server (not a dc) running exchange 2007. All databases and log files are on the d and e drives. We have a 40 GB C parition with a windows folder of 18 GB, 3 Gb in Software Distribution and 9 GB in Winsxs. Is there a safe Microsoft approach for moving these folders to a different partition or reducing the size. I have found a few things on Google but none of them are approved by MS. thanks Stef Hello stef, No, you have leave the folder where it is. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

CRM Moving Sql Server 2000 to 2005 (Database and report) new Serve
Hi, I'm working to move sql server 2000 to sql server 2005 on a new server. CRM 3 is installed on one server and Sql 2005 and Reporting Service on an other server. I backuped and restored the database succefully. But I have an issue when I produce reports. On some reports, I have the graphic with fields where "#Error" is display. Any idea? Thanks David ...

VBA moving and adding data
I have this appliaction that spits out a format that is not usable for me, but with some minor changes it would be good to go. I just don't know how the code would work. here is what part of my file looks like: ColumnA Coulmn B Column C Column D FAULT F02 8 PILLAR 3018169.273 492458.0997 -9771.365343 3017502.798 493106.6833 -8696.365343 3016836.323 493755.2668 -7621.365343 3016169.848 494403.8503 -6546.365343 3015503.373 495052.4339 -5471.365343 Here is what I would like it to look like: ColumnA ...

Moving email from one computer to another
How do I transfer email folders from outlook in one computer to outlook in another computer? Thanks in advance Export all your messages to a .pst file from outlook and then import them on the other from that same .pst file. File / Import Export Wizard / Export to a file / Select Personal Folder File ..pst / Select which folder has your mail / Pick the location and the name of the backup file / Then click on FINISH. I hope this helps Thanks "Mickey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022f01c3c9ac$1a01a860$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I transfer e...

How do I prevent pictures form moving when adding text?
Right click the picture, format picture, Layout tab, Object position, change to exact. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peggy" <Peggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA35218F-D1FA-4691-B01E-3D50B2AF3FA9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way when inserting pictures and clipart of have them all wrap the way you want when you bring them in. Some option or setup or something for when you insert pictures? Everytime I insert pictures I need to change the wrap. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Right click the picture, format picture, Layout t...

Double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains Server
Why do we have double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains server? There is nothing abnormal with our database backup jobs. Though, we are using SQL Server database maintenaince plans for backing up the Great Plain databases. We even upgraded to a new server, and the dame problem exists. Furthermore, we have over 20 SQL Server 2000 servers, and this problem does not exist. Thank you. Have you checked your settings for Maintenance Plans and SQL Jobs in Enterprise Manager? Most likely you will see two jobs created in there for backups. To my knowledge Great Plains doe...

move from 2000 cluster to 2003 stand alone
I have an exchange 2000 cluster running and need to move from that to a 2003 stand alone server. I need to get explicit details on should I use 2003 advanced or just standard? Mirror 2 drives and raid 5 the rest? Installation of exchange, how to's for the adding of the new server and the exchange install itself? Moving mailboxes should be straightforward. Do I need internal mx records or just to update external records? How will the email hit the new server? I then need to know how to remove the old cluster after this is all done. The domain is windows 2003 and then just some membe...

Move workstations to new domain
I have some Windows XP & Vista workstations that I need to remove from a windows 2003 SBS domain and join them to a new Windows 2008 SBS domain. Is there an way to keep their existing user profile after I join the workstions to the new domain so their desktop settings, favorites and applications look and work the same. The original SBS 2003 server died before I was able to do A migration. Regards Mark Hi Mark: There is a third party app that will move these settings, but it is not free, and for a small domain I would do it manually. I have seen a manual move work a...

Setting database location to SQL Server
Hello, I'm looking to move the POS system database from the local MSDE database to a SQL server. I've restored a recent backup (.bck) to a SQL server machine on our network and I'm looking for information on how to reconnect the POS to the new SQL server. Before we go live I will restore a new backup but I'm just testing the solution for now. The overall plan is to separate the database from the cash register and allow SQL server to perform backups and other normal database task. Is there a separate configuration tool for changing data connection information? ...

Lost Store database
Hi, Has anyone ever encountered a situation where a store db has been lost and can't be retrieved? I would like to send all transaction history from HQ to the store once I have recreated and setup the db. All help greatly appreciated. Just go through the export a store process in HQ Admin. Any transaction history that made it to HQ before the store was lost will be exported into the database. You don't have to do anything special to include this. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Pl...

Extract Database
I used Crystal Report to extract databases. Which let us use simple criteria to filter the results. Could use Excel which is linked to database to extract only the data I want? For example in the following format: Criteria Qty Customer A Product A 1 Customer A Product B 3 Customer C Product A 23 Customer C Product B 2 I hope the criteria could be set, but the quantity will be refresh from the database every month. I appreciate your help. It is very simple using Excel. Under menu "Data", s...

Moving from Windows
I'm about to buy my first Mac--dual core, either portable or desktop. As a longtime Windows user I'm just wondering about the many Office files I have on my current system. Will they, basically, be "readable" on the Mac version of Office if I buy whatever the current version is? Having heard that a lot of Mac programs can read Windows files, I'm thinking of buying a large external hard drive and copying all of my files over to it for later use on the Mac if this is possible. Is it? Thanks, Tim Yes it is. Get Office 2004 for Mac, it should be able to handle ...

Moving from Outlook 2002 to 2010
I have set up Outlook 2010 on a new laptop and want to transfer my emails, contacts and calendar from my old laptop which is running Outlook 2002. I have copied the outlook.pst across from the old laptop into the Outlook file storage folder on the new one where there are three .pst files, each associated with the three email accounts I had set up and each named appropriately - recipient@domainname.pst. If I simply run Outlook 2010 I do not see anything from the file I transferred. If I rename it to one of the newly created accounts I can see the contents of my old inbox and sent folde...