Moving 5.5 server from one domain to another

Ex 5.5, sp4 on Win2000 sp4, Mcafee VScan8, Veritas 8.6 currently in NT4
domain. Have exactly the same config in another office except this Ex 5.5
server is the bridge end.
Have gone through the process of changing service accounts and that is
working fine and machine is using the new service accounts to run the
services, (ie using the new service account in the Windows 2003 domain), when
I drop out of "abc" domain and into "xyz" domain machine comes up fine, all
services start but after about 60 secs the information store stops, if I try
to start it manually I get error 1067 and IS won't start, droping back out of
"xyz" and back into "abc" everything works fine again.
This changing of doamins worked fine on the machine at our other site and I
have followed the same process. All the service account users are local
admins on the machine.
I have no idea what could be causing this now, so any help is much
appreciated.
0
ian (162)

Hi,
Try this link

http://www.exchangefaq.org/faq/Exchange-5.5/How-to:-Move-a-Microsoft-Exchange-5.5-Site-to-a-new-NT-domain-/sectionID/1018

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ex 5.5, sp4 on Win2000 sp4, Mcafee VScan8, Veritas 8.6 currently in NT4
> domain. Have exactly the same config in another office except this Ex 5.5
> server is the bridge end.
> Have gone through the process of changing service accounts and that is
> working fine and machine is using the new service accounts to run the
> services, (ie using the new service account in the Windows 2003 domain),
> when
> I drop out of "abc" domain and into "xyz" domain machine comes up fine,
> all
> services start but after about 60 secs the information store stops, if I
> try
> to start it manually I get error 1067 and IS won't start, droping back out
> of
> "xyz" and back into "abc" everything works fine again.
> This changing of doamins worked fine on the machine at our other site and
> have followed the same process. All the service account users are local
> admins on the machine.
> I have no idea what could be causing this now, so any help is much
> appreciated.

0
exchange.mvp (559)

how many characters i can put into one cell in Excel
If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell of Excel, only a part of para show up in that cell. I tried wrap text, increase the height of the column. Nothing happen. Any one have idea about it or there are some limit to view in Excel in one cell Hi Search for 'specifications' in Help: It says '32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.' -- Andy. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:747E6CFE-88D9-4F4C-950E-56F0885C3096@microsoft.com... > If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell o...

mail enabled Public Folder #5
Hello every one, I hope some could help me with the following: Do I have to do any thing special after mail enabling a public folder? I have Mail enabled a Public Folder which has the email Lab@EX.local. But I get nondelivery notice. I am using Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. Appreciate any comments. Set the Anonymous role to at least Contributor for this public folder. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Public Folder" <Public Folder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46F812FE-E236...

two users on one computer
I have Windows 7 and use Outlook 2003. I really want to separate my husbands emails from mine, so I created a new email account for him. How can I have his emails sent to a different location within Outlook? You need to create his personal username in Windows 7 so that he can manage his own emails and documents; and you can manage your own emails and documents. If you don't know how to create his own username then I suggest post your query here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/threads hth "karen" <karen@discussions.micro...

Exchange 2003 System Manager Server Modified Date Meaning
Hi, I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service packs and the furthest right says "modified date" Could some one please eleborate on what this actually means? Thanks On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 06:20:28 -0800, Darrel <Darrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server >property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service >packs and the furthest right says "modified d...

moving colors?
I am setting up a spreadsheet to monitor diaries at work. I am fine with everythig except copying colors form one cell ref to another. I have an"input" page where you put staff details, interview names, an abbreviation for the interview and the length of the interview. Then i have 5 pages one for each day. The spreadsheet calculates at the bottom of the day page the numbers of interviews and time spent interviewing and all of this works fine. I have a list at the bottom that pulls info from the input page and this is where i hit a wall. It pulls the interview type but how do ...

How can I type more than one line of text into a cell in Excel?
I am using Excel to organize contact information, names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. I would like all of this information in one cell and in the standard format of: name address phone etc. I do not know how to make Excel accept more than one line of text, unless I cut and paste it from a Word document. Could someone please tell me how to format the cells so that more than one line of text can be accepted in a cell? Hi use ALT+ENTER for inserting line breaks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "watermark" <watermark@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...

How to move Ex2k3 Sp1 between Admin Groups
All my Exchange 2003 servers have Sp1 applied. (we are still in Mixed Mode). How do I move a Exchange "003 server from an admin group with only itself and an Exchange 5.5 server init to another admin group with both Exchange 2003 & 5.5 servers in it ? 1) How do you actually do it ? 2) Should I remove the Exchange 5.5 Server first or remove it after the move ? Thank's Godfrey You cannot move servers between admin groups. You can move users between admin groups, though if: a) You're in Exchange native mode or b) You use the site consolidation tools in Exchange 2003 SP1...

Publisher 2003 #5
I just installed Publisher 2003 and it put on the Microsoft Office Tools. I open Publisher and try to use the "Send To" command to Microsoft Office and I get a message that either Excel, Word .. etc. needs to be loaded. I use Microsoft Office XP Pro. All these are installed. I have re-tried installing the program but can't get it to load. Any ideas ??? ...

outlook calander #5
I know Vista has a calendar that can be used for events and will show events when do. I have set outlook calendar as the default so will events show up when vista loads or just when outlook is open? It would make more sense if it showed events when vista loads since it's the default calendar than just when outlook is opened. Outlook must be open to function. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Gh...

Moving the cursor in an editbox
Hi all! I am trying to figure out how to move the cursor to the end of the text in an editbox as soon as I have updated it with text using the UpdateData() command, so the user can immediately append more text. Please could someone give me a hint as to how to go about doing this? Any help would be much appreciated. Best Regards. Daz "Daz" <cutenfuzzy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150022788.432768.3710@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi all! > > I am trying to figure out how to move the cursor to the end of the text > in an editbox as soon as I have updat...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #3
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ You can just type = and then click the cell if you want to be duplicate. "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do...

Average #5
could this be worked out in excel? Thanks Rob what is the average no of years service ? No of years service No of people Less than 1yrs 5 More than 1 less than 3yrs 10 More than 3 less than 5yrs 14 More than 5 less than 7yrs 9 More than 7 less than 9yrs 4 More than 9 +yrs 16 -- www.robmarshall.net Hi Rob Obviously there is some source data that allowed the original allocation of numbers of people into bands. You need to work wi...

execute FireOnChange() from another Form
can i execute a FireOnChange event on a field from a another form? For example: In the OnSave() event from QuoteProduct form, execute the FireOnChange() event of the totalamount field in the Quote Form Thanks Enrique This is not support "out of box". Try Server SDK, pre/post callouts. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Enrique Bravo" wrote: > can i execute a FireOnChange event on a field from a another form? > > For example: > In the OnSave() event from QuoteProduct form, execute the FireOnChange() > event of the totalamoun...

Adding a new company to exsiting Exchange Server
I have an exsiting domain and our company just purchased another company and we are moving them to our location and we want to add their users to our exchange server. I have went to the website msexchange.org and followed the Shared hosting with exchange part 1. 1 I dont have ADSI Edit tool and we planned on them joining our domain, is this going to be a probblem? 2. When adding users to the new OU it defaults to our domain email and not the new company email what did I miss? Thank you for your time on this manner. On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:19:04 -0700, LaOVis <LaOVis@discussions.micro...

Non registered internal domain
I just recieved Exchange 2003 for my Active Directory Network with an internal domain that is not a registered external domain. It might be registered by someone else, our external domain and email addresses are hosted outside but we are bringing the email inside. Is there a way to be able to send and recieve mail from the domain without having to change it. I know we can set up a recipient policy but I am not sure if we would be able to send. I appreciate any help .. jim wrote: > I just recieved Exchange 2003 for my Active Directory > Network with an internal domain that is ...

Moving the x-axis
I've created graphs where the y-axis ranges from a negative number through a positive number (zero is approximately in the middle). The x-axis seems fixated on intersecting the y-axis at the zero. How do I move the x- axis so that it intersects the largest negative number instead of the zero in between? Many thanks. ...

Can domain users RDP to domain controllers?
Hi guys Can I check with you guys if by default can a domain users RDP to a domain controller? I tried putting the account into the remote desktop users group which has the allow logon via terminal services. I also grant it the "allow logon locally" rights. But while I am able to log on to the DC locally with that account, I am not able to RDP into it. Is only domain admins able to RDP to DC only? Regards -- Domon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/48096.htm View t...

Named Ranges #5
I am having trouble clearing named ranges. When I first named the ranges in a spreadsheet, I did it all wrong... I now know how to do it correctly, but the previously named ranges are messing me up! Can someone help? Go 'Insert' 'Name' 'Define' then delete all the named ranges you no longer require, Regards, "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A4DD516-9163-4BC3-A14A-8B0086DA7593@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble clearing named ranges. When I first named the ranges >in > a spreadsheet, I did it all wrong....

Manage 5.5 from Win2k3 server
Hello Someone have an idea on how I can install the MMC snap-in on a win2k3 server (Workstation/Test Environment) that will allow me to manage my 5.5 server? I don't want to extend the schema or anything like that I just want to manage Exchange 5.5. I have the Exchange 2003 cd but we aren't going to do the upgrade until mid summer Thank Paul You would run the setup of E2K3 and do a custom install, selecting the Exchange 5.5 system tools along with the E2K3 tools. However, this is going to install the same tools you already have with your 5.5 CD. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE...

moving graphics
I'm trying to place pictures and graphics in a book I'm writing. Using Word 04, Mac Snow Leopard. Often I'll drag a picture to the place I want it, and it will jump up to the very top of the page, even above the text. I know it has something to do with the layout, but I go to Layout and Advanced Layout, and don't see anything that allows me to simply move it wherever I want on the page. It often jumps where I don't want it to go. Inserting objects into a Word document is tantamount to injecting foreign bodies directly into your blood stream :-) There is much to lea...

Entourage / Exchange Server
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3227010817_5020178 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I work out of a small office (4 Mac computers total) and we all have Entourage/Office 2004. If we install an exchange server, can we set up Entourage so that each person is able to access each other�s calendar�s and contacts. So for instance, if I need to add an item on to someone�s calendar, I can just open it up and check. --B_3227010817...

exchange 5.5 #30
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 251016 I was trying to following the instructions on how to troubleshoot this issue but the Kb doesn't show you how to resolve this issue. I found all tracking logs but it doesn't show the sender information. Doesn't anyone have a idea where i can find the sender info? Thanks, Al This issue may also occur if a user from the Internet sends an e-mail message to the public folder, and in the client permissions for that folder, the Default item under Name has anything less than Contributor permissions selected under Role. In this case, the NDR...

USB function driver in WinCe 5.0
Hello. I'm using the sample mass_storage driver in platformbuilder (bot.cpp) to make our own function driver which uses company vendor id, pipes and protocol. All that works nicely. Now I need to make an independent dll which is NOT launched (init_xxx) by device manager (as bot.cpp is) but with same functionality. This dll has to be lanched by call from std. .net application. 1). If i do so: My dll's call to UfnInitializeInterface fails in BusIoControl(hBusAccess, IOCTL_UFN_GET_CLIENT_DATA, NULL, 0,&ucd, sizeof(ucd), &cbData, NULL); (ufnclient.cpp). Any idears...

Sql server locking/blocking issue
hi guys, I have a procedure to delete old records by id (clustered index) from the a big table (delete about 150k records at a time comparing to 30 M total in the table) and at the same time, some procedures will insert or update data in this table by id as well. When I did the tests, I found the first procedure is blocking all other insert/update procedures. The locks of the first procedure has is the PAGE exclusive lock. Those update/insert procedures will only work on the newer ids. I don't know why this block can happen. Could anyone here help me explain a little bit? R...

Building a new Exchange 2003 server
Hi I am currently in the planning stage of adding a second Exchange Server 2003 to my domain. I currently have 1 x Exchange 2003 server, 2 x DC Win Server 2000. What we need to do is to build a new server with Win 2003 install Exchange 2003, make this the primary Exchange server, then the original server will become the back up Exchange server which I intend to keep synchronised using EMC replistor produce. Can someone please advise on best practices, any gotchas and any reccommended reading before we undertake this project. As an aside we are also planning to upgrade the domain controllers ...