moved calendar in outlook 2003

We are using exchange 2003 on server 2000 with outlook 2003 clients. a user
somehow moved his calendar into his inbox and now sync programs with his
handheld cannot find the calendar. I can find no way to move it into its
proper position within the heirachy of outlook. any ideas?  thank you.
0
lawfirmit (7)

I use the ffolder utility for these type situations. Utility to rename or
delete "special" Outlook folders such as the Calendar, Tasks, Inbox, and
Contacts.
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#ffolderUtility
If you have a client mailbox that has a corrupt folder (example: cannot
access contacts folder or Inbox renamed) or has been moved or something
equally confusing:

  1.. Copy all data from the system folder to a pst or another folder of the
same type
  2.. Use the Ffolder Utility to delete/move/rename the System Folder
  3.. Then use the "/ResetFolders" command-line switch to rebuild the
Exchange system folder.
  4.. Them move everything back into the newly built system folder.

Ffolder Utility: Utility to rename or delete "special" Outlook folders such
as the Calendar, Tasks, Inbox, and Contacts
For information on how to use Command-Line Switches see the link(s) below:

OL2002: Additional Command-Line Switches
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192

OL2000: Additional Command-Line Switches
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b197180
OL98: Additional Command-Line Switches
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B182112

OL97: Additional Command-Line Switches
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156982

Nikki Peterson

"lawfirmit" <lawfirmit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are using exchange 2003 on server 2000 with outlook 2003 clients. a
> user
> somehow moved his calendar into his inbox and now sync programs with his
> handheld cannot find the calendar. I can find no way to move it into its
> proper position within the heirachy of outlook. any ideas?  thank you.

Export his calendar to a pst and then delete it and launch outlook with the
/resetfolders
option and it will create a new calendar in the right location.  The you can
import his items
back in to the new calendar.  If you cant delete the old calendar, use this
tool:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#ffolderUtility

Todd

"lawfirmit" <lawfirmit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are using exchange 2003 on server 2000 with outlook 2003 clients. a
> user
> somehow moved his calendar into his inbox and now sync programs with his
> handheld cannot find the calendar. I can find no way to move it into its
> proper position within the heirachy of outlook. any ideas?  thank you.

0
tbooher (148)