Move server between Admin Groups #2

We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move
some exchange servers from one admin group to another.  I know there is not
a native way in Exchange 2003 to do this.  Does anyone have ideas on how to
accomplish this besides a swing server to the new Admin Group?
Third party Software?

Our environment is 2003 Forest functional and domain level.  Exchange 2003
mixed mode.

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:16:23 -0500, "Tim Kalligonis"
<tkalligonis@comcast.net> wrote:

>We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move
>some exchange servers from one admin group to another.  I know there is not
>a native way in Exchange 2003 to do this.  Does anyone have ideas on how to
>accomplish this besides a swing server to the new Admin Group?
>Third party Software?
>
>Our environment is 2003 Forest functional and domain level.  Exchange 2003
>mixed mode.

Swing it over.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Removing an Exchange server
One of the exchange servers in the site is crsahed and the server does not have any specific roles or user mailboxes. Now we did not want to bring the server back. We want to remove this server entry from the exchange organaization. How do we do this? What are the precautions we should take before doing it? Thanks, Swa Follow the steps in KB152959, and KB189286 "Swa" wrote: > One of the exchange servers in the site is crsahed and the > server does not have any specific roles or user mailboxes. > Now we did not want to bring the server back. We want to > remo...

entourage to outlook #2
hello everyone, i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to outlook2003? thks ezc <news@microsoft.com> wrote: > i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to > outlook2003? See if something here helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html -- Brian Tillman ...

switching computers #2
I purchased money 2004 over the internet about 18 months ago. It was downloaded and I was not sent any disks. I want to put 2004 on my new pc, but do not have the correct file to install. What do I do. MSN doesn't seem to be too helpful with their help. If I can't get it to run, I'm switching to Quicken. -- Jps I have been in this situation a few times myself. I simply contacted the place I bought the software from and they gave me whatever I needed to download the program again. Since you bought the program from them in the first place you are automatically regist...

Transferring Emails #2
Can I transfer Emails from Outlook Express v6.0 under Windows 98SE (old computer) to my (user name) OE v6.0 operating under XP Pro (new machine)? I cannot network the two machines. If so, How do I do it? I appreciate any help. Copy it the dbx-files to CD and restore them to your new computer (remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then point to the files by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Maintenance-> button Store Folder... For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer ...

Sort Worksheets #2
How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm In article <e02c01c43c07$5afeeb70$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! >. > ...

Quicken Import #2
I've been using Quicken for about 10 years. I have all my checking, investment, retirement and loan accounts in Quicken. I have never used MS Money. I am considering buying MS Money 2004 Deluxe. My questions are: (1) When importing from Quicken into Money, how accurate will the data and accounts come across? (2) How does Money compare with Quicken? (3) When importing into Money, do I use an import function and/or restore? I have a considerable amount of data in Quicken and I would hate to edit data in the Money accounts to agree with my Quicken accounts. Thanks, Marty In microsoft.pub...

Recovery storage groups and exmerge
Hi, I had an exchange 2003 server fail a short while ago. While the server was down, I moved deleted the mailboxes off that server, created new mailboxes for those users on another server, then restored the contents of their mailboxes from the most recent backup I had. Users back up, so far so good, only a small window of data missing for the users (the "bad" server had it's MTA up and was on the network, but could not mount the Information Store, so I assume messages sent to recipients on that server are hidden away in it's MTA). As I could copy the priv.edb file off of t...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

Multiple mfc activex controls in one dll
In VS6, there was a possibility to define up to 4 controls, when creating a new activex project. No such possibility in VS2005. Is there any way in 2005 to add an addtional one to an existing MFC ActiveX project? Any pointers will be appreciated! ...

Hidden tabs #2
I am using Excell 2003 If I have a file with several tabs hidden is there a way to unhide them all at once, rather than using Format, Sheet, Unhide for each tab? -- CWH One way .. Roger Govier gave me this sub a few years ago .. The following will carry out the unhide for all sheets within the workbook Sub ShowSheets() Dim s As Worksheet For Each s In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets s.Visible = True Next End Sub -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "CWH" <CWH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Outlook 2 K Multi User
Outlook 2000 Windows 2K We are planning a small network 3 machines and would like to use Outlook in a multi user mode. What do we have to do to accomplish this? Also where is the best place to buy Multi user licenses for Windows 2k and office 2 K Best Regards Bob Raley See this page for license models: http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/programs/default.asp --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Robert Raley <bob@infocol.net> asked: | Outlook 2000 Windows 2K | | We...

Unable to delete group
I am tidying up some unused Email account groups. They all deleted OK except one. I'm in the "Send/Receive Groups" dialogue, when I hit the Remove button with this particular group I get the message: "You cannot remove the selected send/Receive Group." I can't see anything special about this group. I've tried deselecting the Email accounts within the group so it contains no active accounts at all but I still get the message. Anyone know how I can delete this group? BTW this is Outlook 2003. TIA. --Doug. ...

News Group URL
Hi, Can I access this news group through internet other than going through the Google groups? If yes, can anyone let me know the URL of this new group? Thanks, Jaison Jaison wrote: > Can I access this news group through internet other than going through > the Google groups? If yes, can anyone let me know the URL of this new > group? Here you are: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.crm&SLCID=DE&sd=GN&id=fh;US;NEWSGROUPS -- J�rgen Beck MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT, MVP .NET MCP CRM Application/Installation/Cust...

Separate database server for CRM
We have CRM installed accross an application server and a separate database server. We're getting an error when our custom pages try to access a custom database. The error message: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Everything works fine in the development environment, which unfortunately has everything on one server. >From other information we've found, the issue seems to be that the ASPNet user is not being authenticated on the database server. If we turn on anonymous access and force it to a domain ac...

Question with local vs. remote (Exchange server) data
Can someone please explain something basic to me about the way Outlook works. I'm a Mac user and not familiar with this thing but now need to figure out how to synchronize it with a PocketPC PDA device. We've got Outlook on our PCs (W2K), connected to an Exchange server. So, I see my calendar and contacts, which I know live on the server. But when I sync my device, it ends up empty. Is there some sort of "local" (to my PC) data that it's using instead of the Exchange server's info? If so, where is it and how do I find it? If I could find it, I could copy the Exchan...

importing from netscape 7.2
Hello I have Outlook 2003 I want import all my my files from Netscape 7.2, how may I do that Thank you K kurb wrote: > Hello > > I have Outlook 2003 > I want import all my my files from Netscape 7.2, how may I do that > > Thank you > > K Transferring Email from Netscape 7.1 to Outlook/Outlook Express http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7mailtoOEorO.html -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk The easiest and fastest solution is to use Aid4Mail. It can export your Netscape mail directly into MS Outlook....

Remove account from online update #2
I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online update? TIA, Joe R In microsoft.public.money, bdog wrote: >I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have >cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online >update? If both the same login credentials, I would just mark the cancelled card as Closed in Money. ...

Moving Macros from Personal.xls to "This Workbook"
I created macros and stored them in Personal.xls and now want to move them to "This Workbook". How do I do that? Tina What are these macros for? The ThisWorkbook module exists in every Workbook (even the Personal.xls), and is there to trap events (such as the workbook being opened) so that specific code can be run. Do you have a need to do this? If you go into the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11) you should see the code modules in your Personal.xls. You can simply select the text and copy and paste into a code module in another workbook (the macros are stored as text data), so i...

Mass Email #2
Hi all... another fun question. Is there a way to setup and email so that when it recieves an email it will re-send it to every other email in a list? Like a Team email account? Thanks for the help all. Er... distribution groups? everyone gets copy of an email to a common email address. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "New Exchange Admin" <NewExchangeAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF71F1E4-4B5C-4AF0-8DA1-7BF34BC3B703@microsoft.com... > Hi all... another fun questio...

moving files
How do I move files from publisher 98 to publisher 2000? The programs are installed separately. If you are talking about the documents you created, you wouldn't have to. But if you wanted to - copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "dunefarm" <dune@discus.micro.com> wrote in message news:3854FB0D-CB6B-4D3A-A922-0A982890D3FD@microsoft.com... > How do I move files from publisher 98 to publisher 2000? The programs are > installed separately. ...

setting up Vista-microsoft mail-getting POP3 server error message
What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and service provider TWC or Time Warner Cable and the error message comes up. What should I do? Can you help me? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:27:09 -0700, "asilocreo" <asilocreo@microsoft.com> wrote: >What am I doing wrong? >Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about >the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and >service provider TWC or Ti...

Blank pages #2
My worksheet has 47 pages, but only data on 9 pages. In print preview it's showing hundreds of empty rows. I have deleted them, saved, closed the file, but they are still there. How do I get this crazy thing to print down to the last row where there is data, and no further? I don't want to set the print area because then I have to reset it everytime I add more rows of data. Thank you Connie Mississauga, Canada If you didn't delete the rows using the row number on the left, try that. Be sure and save. I have heard that one some versions you had to leave quit Excel and co...

can not nest QBDGs in other Distribution Groups ?
I must be missing something basic, but how do you include a Query-Based Distribution Group in a regular DG There is no "Member of" page on the QBDG properties, and conversely, the QBDGs are not listed in the available objects to be included as member of a DG The documentation and several articles suggest nesting is possible, but how Thanks Go to the DG you would like the QBDG to be a member of, then right click and "Add Exchange Query Distribution Group" should be an option. "benoitm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E327E5...