Move messages to a new queue?

Can i move a bunch of messages from a queue on one front-end server to 
another?  They're both Internet gateways.  For some reason i have about 35 
messages stuck in an aol.com queue.  Some show "queued", others "retry".  I 
have two other gateway servers performing the same duty (load balancing 
basically) and they're not having the same problem.  They're all waited 
equally.

I was thinking that i'd just moved them from one Mailroot/Queue directory to 
the other, and then restart the SMTP service.

I'd like to know why only messages bound for aol.com one server are having 
this problem, but for now it's more important to get the messages out.

Thanks. 


0
jim3476 (230)
6/13/2006 6:42:36 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
216 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 50

Forgot to mention, this is all Exchange2k3 with SP2.

"jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message 
news:uAWNlkxjGHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Can i move a bunch of messages from a queue on one front-end server to 
> another?  They're both Internet gateways.  For some reason i have about 35 
> messages stuck in an aol.com queue.  Some show "queued", others "retry". 
> I have two other gateway servers performing the same duty (load balancing 
> basically) and they're not having the same problem.  They're all waited 
> equally.
>
> I was thinking that i'd just moved them from one Mailroot/Queue directory 
> to the other, and then restart the SMTP service.
>
> I'd like to know why only messages bound for aol.com one server are having 
> this problem, but for now it's more important to get the messages out.
>
> Thanks.
> 


0
no (445)
6/13/2006 10:32:27 PM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your post.

Based on my knowledge, simply move the email items from the queue folder 
may not work for you. Moreover, in some cases the outgoing emails are 
stored in the memory but not on the hard disk so we may not be able to find 
and move the email in the queue folder.

The messages in the queue have already passed categorizer. If you want to 
resend them, we need to let Exchange re-categorize these messages. As for 
this, I would like to provide the following action:

1. Create a new connector for emails send to AOL.com, add other FE server 
as the bridge header server except the problematic FE server.

2. Adding a Registry Key to Re-Categorize Messages so that the queued 
emails will be categorized again. For detail steps about this, please refer 
to the following KB:

XCON: Adding a Registry Key to Re-Categorize Messages
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q279616

Note: This article also applies for exchange 2003 server

Meanwhile, as for the root cause of the issue, based on my experience, it 
may happen because the front-end server does not have a valid PTR record. 
If this is your case, you can contact your ISP to add the PTR record for 
you.

Based on my experience, the mail flow issue is somewhat complex and 
time-consuming. Since this newsgroup is focused on break fix issues that 
are neither urgent, nor complex, if the issue is urgent to your business, 
it is recommended that you contact Customer Service and Support (CSS) via 
telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist you recover 
the server in a more efficient manner. Please be advised that contacting 
phone support will be a charged call. Thanks for your understanding!

Hope this helps.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. 
It's my pleasure to be of assistance.

Best regards,

Jerry Zhao
Microsoft Online Partner Support

======================================================
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to Assist with 
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.  

We also love to hear your product feedback!  
Let us know what you think by posting
  from the web interface: Partner Feedback
  from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. 
We look forward to hearing from you!
======================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so 
that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 
======================================================
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
======================================================

0
v-jerryz (6)
6/14/2006 7:42:51 AM
It was the ptr record.  Thanks!

""Jerry zhao (MSFT)"" <v-jerryz@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:BXevnY4jGHA.5184@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl...
> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for your post.
>
> Based on my knowledge, simply move the email items from the queue folder
> may not work for you. Moreover, in some cases the outgoing emails are
> stored in the memory but not on the hard disk so we may not be able to 
> find
> and move the email in the queue folder.
>
> The messages in the queue have already passed categorizer. If you want to
> resend them, we need to let Exchange re-categorize these messages. As for
> this, I would like to provide the following action:
>
> 1. Create a new connector for emails send to AOL.com, add other FE server
> as the bridge header server except the problematic FE server.
>
> 2. Adding a Registry Key to Re-Categorize Messages so that the queued
> emails will be categorized again. For detail steps about this, please 
> refer
> to the following KB:
>
> XCON: Adding a Registry Key to Re-Categorize Messages
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q279616
>
> Note: This article also applies for exchange 2003 server
>
> Meanwhile, as for the root cause of the issue, based on my experience, it
> may happen because the front-end server does not have a valid PTR record.
> If this is your case, you can contact your ISP to add the PTR record for
> you.
>
> Based on my experience, the mail flow issue is somewhat complex and
> time-consuming. Since this newsgroup is focused on break fix issues that
> are neither urgent, nor complex, if the issue is urgent to your business,
> it is recommended that you contact Customer Service and Support (CSS) via
> telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist you recover
> the server in a more efficient manner. Please be advised that contacting
> phone support will be a charged call. Thanks for your understanding!
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.
> It's my pleasure to be of assistance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jerry Zhao
> Microsoft Online Partner Support
>
> ======================================================
> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to Assist with
> break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback!
> Let us know what you think by posting
>  from the web interface: Partner Feedback
>  from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> ======================================================
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
> that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
> ======================================================
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> rights.
> ======================================================
> 


0
jim3476 (230)
6/14/2006 3:25:46 PM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your update and I am glad to hear my solution helps.

We value your presence here and look forward to working with you again in 
the newsgroups!

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Jerry Zhao
Microsoft Online Partner Support

======================================================
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to Assist with 
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.  

We also love to hear your product feedback!  
Let us know what you think by posting
  from the web interface: Partner Feedback
  from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. 
We look forward to hearing from you!
======================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so 
that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 
======================================================
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
======================================================

0
v-jerryz (6)
6/15/2006 7:56:06 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Window Mail losing saved message content
In some folders whatever message I click on the same message opens regardless. If I try to move a message back to the Inbox then all messages in the folder show as "cannot find content" I have not deleted these messages but saved them in folders. Where did they go? How do I get them back? This has happened since my last backup so I cannot get them from the external backup file. Plus, this sho7uld not happen. I checked another folder, first it worked, then later it went bad as well. How do I get my emails restored, and how do I prevent this crap from happening ag...

Post Exchange SP2 install outgoing messages not being delivered
I have just finished installing SP1 for Windows 2003 Server and SP2 for Exchange 2003, since the install mail being sent to specific servers i.e aol.com, yahoo.com, and a few others is not flowing, it is being queued and not being delivered as before. I need to find a fix for this issue fast, Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated. OS: Windows 2003 Server Standard w/ SP1 and all updates Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 Thanks in advance. That usually indicates that the server cannot resolve the target domains in DNS. I have seen similar problems caused by the virus scann...

After moving profile OUTLOOK.PST not accessible
I have just move a users profile to another profile using the Copy to option in system properties. However outlook is still looking for the OUTLOOK.PST file in the old location, in which the user no longer has right to. How do I change that so that it will look for the file in her profile. Thanks, Matt On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:19:07 -0500, "Matt Burks" <none@yourbusiness.com> wrote: >I have just move a users profile to another profile using the Copy to option >in system properties. However outlook is still looking for the OUTLOOK.PST >file in the old location, in whi...

hyperlink open in new window
How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_13.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "sharin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2180BE5B-1783-4F9A-A167-D8E3BF34B3CC@microsoft.com... > How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? ...

New appointment, nothing happens
Hi, suddenly I'm no longer able to add appointments to my calendar. Nothing happens when trying. I also tried to sync my mobile calendar to it and it seems to sync just fine, but it will not add any new appointments. Any suggestions ? (outlook 2003, winxp pro) Thanks, Jorgen Sorry, just figured out the (possible) cause: I had a microsoft update pending, after innstallation and reboot everything is fine. Jorgen "JGH" <nospam@thanks.org> wrote in message news:eyVH5TpwGHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, suddenly I'm no longer able to add appointments to...

Moving my Outlook files to new computer
How can I move my Outlook 2003 files (Contacts, Calendar, mail, etc) to a new computer? ...

Outlook 200 messages all contain attachments
Just in the last day or so every message I have received has had attached a text file with the text of the message. This is in addition to the message itself. I don't know what I might have done to change an option and can't find anything in the options menus that might affect this. Any ideas? Bob Weinheimer Charleston, WV Have you tried rebooting? I had that happen once a long time ago and a reboot cured it. "Bob Weinheimer" <rmweinheimer@ntelos.net> wrote in message news:2DjXe.20694$tc7.18573@fe03.lga... > Just in the last day or so every message I have r...

"You forwarded this message" icon
Is there anyway of removing the icon that shows that a message has been forwarded? Thanks for any help on this! No. Busted. "Tractorhead" wrote: > Is there anyway of removing the icon that shows that a message has been > forwarded? > > Thanks for any help on this! Sure, reply to it. Jacob "Tractorhead" wrote: > Is there anyway of removing the icon that shows that a message has been > forwarded? > > Thanks for any help on this! good one "Jake" wrote: > Sure, reply to it. > > Jacob > ...

New Project, Different Problem: AutoFilter?
I'm creating a database of outside trainers. Each trainer can handle multiple categories of training. It is essential that the training manager be able to create lists for specific categories as the need arises, as well as being able to do more standard sorts such as Name. Rather than making multiple entries for each Trainer (one for each category, which may reach 10+), I'd like to allow multiple entries in the Category column utilizing a key for each category. It seems that AutoFilter would be the ideal method for creating this db. Well, actually Advanced AutoFilter, since...

Mail Queues
Hello In Mail Queues I found some strange mail witch no content Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients its all blank! How to delete mail in Queues wich no Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients, satus its olways retry. When I right click on mail its show only properties. How to delete it??? Thanks Armarn O.R. Hi Armarn, If you right click on the queue itself in the left hand pane and choose to delete all mail(no ndr). Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup purposes only. Th...

How to set Recipient Limits option under Message Delivery for certain users
Dear All, Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient limits...

Moving Average Trendline
The graph I am creating has a lot of noise in it. I want to smooth it out. Right now I am using a moving average trendline that kind of does the trick. When I do this I want to be able to work with the points that it has created to make the trendline. Is there a way to get the points that this line makes up? Or is there a way to filter the points in the graph such as take every tenth data point or would I have to do that with the original set used to make the graph by using a macro or something like that? You can calculate your own moving average. Say your data is in column D, sta...

Create a new instance of a class that is a reference
Hi all, I am trying to make a class that when you create a 2nd instance the second instance will be a reference to the first. Public Class ClassA Private Shared tableList As Hashtable Public myInt as integer = 0 Public Sub New() MyBase.New() InitializeValues() End Sub Private Function openTable() As Boolean If (tableList Is Nothing) Then tableList = New Hashtable() End If If (tableList.ContainsKey(TABLE)) Then SetReference(Me, tableList(TABLE)) OpenCount += 1 Else ...

automatic warning message
Hi, Is it possible to add an automatic enterprise warning message in bottom of each email sent by Exchange 2003 Thanks Marc There are a number of 3rd party tools that do this. The easiest native way to do this is with an event sink. The following KB will step you through setting this up: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327&Product=exch2003 "Marc D" <asdasdasd@asdasd.com> wrote in message news:%23nJ75lxpFHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, Is it possible to add an automatic enterprise warning message in > bottom of each email...

Disabling Unicode Messaging
Apparently Exchange 2003 uses Unicode Messaging which previous versions of Exch did not. Now that we have migrated all of our users from Exch 2000 to 2003 their OST files will not work. We have no need for Unicode messaging so rather than rebuilding all of our User's Outlook Profile we would rather simply "disable" Unicode Messaging on the Exch Server. Does anyone have any idea how to do that? Can it be done once the server is in use and has 150+ mailboxes on it Thanks for any input Michael ...

Exchange 5.5 message.txt
Hi, I have problem. I got email with error message: This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display the original character set. <<message.txt>> Anyone knows the solution? ...

Headers for internal messages
I've been asked to find a way to display message headers in Outlook for our local Exchange communications, IE employee to employee message. I'm aware that you can go into Outlook and view a message's full header under Message Options, but this only works for internet based messages. We'd really like to be able to see the originating client IP address for our Exchange messages in that Options box. Is something like that possible for Exchange? I've seen it with other systems. Thanks! TxKevo wrote: > I've been asked to find a way to display message headers i...

Please help with New Database Query
Newbie to New Database Query - Can you change a spreadsheet to a table if so how? I have a lot of spreadsheets that I would like to work with in New Database Query. Can this be done. Any help will be greatly appreciated. In general, if you select a range and give it a name....MS Query will recognize it as a data source: Example for data in Cells A1:Z500, with column headings (EmpID, FName, Lname, etc): Select A1:Z500 In the Names box (just above the Col_A heading) type rngMyData1 Press [Enter] Next, save your workbook. Then...Data>Import External Data>New Database Query When y...

outlook 2000
running on home computer, no exhange or server. when I open an inbox message and close it, the message disappears, it isnt in other folders or in delteld files folder. If I move the message to another folder before opening it, then open the message in that folder, I am fine I can open and close it without losing it. I have been running everything fine for a couple of years now, only in the last moth did this start happening. I have reformatted and reloaded my computer, it doesnt help. I have taken mirosoft outlook express off the computer, that doesnt help either. I only have o...

Changing mind about sending message
How does one cancel a sent message? I changed my mind about one that I sent and now I want to cancel it. I can do this with Internet Explorer, but can't seem to find the option in Outlook Express. Thanks. Shari Next time, post in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. This group supports Outlook from the MIcrosoft Office suite - Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. AFAIK, Outlook Express does not have support for message recall and only Outlook when using an Exchange server has a somewhat flaky message recall function. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

Cannot add new account to Money 2006
Hi all, I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my Money 2000 file. The Money 2006 said that the file is not importable. OK. I've tried to create new file, which was successfully created, but I cannot add any new account. I've always got the same error message: The operation cannot be performed. Details: Product: Money ID: obres:34 Source: 15.0 Version: 15.0 Symbolic name: errUnknown Message: This operation cannot be performed. Reason Usually caused by a corrupt file. User Operation Run the Money File Repair tool to fix th...

Test Message
2010-04-12 18:15:18 ...

moving test to production
I want to move the all data in company A to company B. I haven't did this in a while and am getting a sharing error. I right click dbB and > chose restore > and browse to backup of dbA. I then get an error when I try to execute. What is the easiest way to simply move a db to a new or existing company. For example when creating a new test company from production? Any help appricated Backup and restore is the best way to do this. While it would help to see the exact wording of the error you're getting, I suspect if it's a sharing error that you have something open i...

Cannot acces mailbox after move
Due to a hardware problem on our exchange2003 server we had to prep another server to migrate too. This went without a hitch using system manager. However I can no longer get access to my mailbox on this server with my current pc .. If i moved it back to the old one I can read it (outlook 2002) If I logon to another machine I can get access to it on the new server. I realise it is likely to be a permission/credential problem on my pc but I don't know how to sort it. I am sure If I was to reinstall the OS everything would be Ok but would take too long and to much hassle - any ideas...

Moving fields on extender windows
Hi! Can someone tell me how I can move the fields on the extender windows? -- Marisol Mortera Because of the way Extender stores data, you cannot move fields like you would using Modifier. You need to go to the Extender windows design and set up another field with the information. Then you will need to move data behind the scenes from the existing field to the new field. Alternatively, you could export the data; delete the data in the window; and import it. "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Can someone tell me how I can move the fields on the extender windows? > -- &...