Move mailboxes from one server to another

Hi,
How can I move mailboxes and from one ex server 5.5 to
another ex server 5.5 in a same domain win2k and same
forrest?
Thank you.
--------
Regards
0
anonymous (74722)

"Charisma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How can I move mailboxes and from one ex server 5.5 to
>another ex server 5.5 in a same domain win2k and same
>forrest?

Exchange 5.5 doesn't know about forests, just its own organization.
Nor does it care about domains (NT or DNS).

Are the two servers in the same 5.5 site? If so, select the mailbox
and use the "Tools" menu to move it.

If the mailboxes are in different sites you can't use Exchange to move
them. You'll have to create a new mailbox in the other site, export
the contents of the mailbox to a PST, and import the PST into the new
mailbox. Then get old mailbox's "Obj-Dist-Name" value. Delete the old
mailbox and add the old mailbox's Obj-Dist-Name as a X500 address to
the new mailbox (to prevent NDR's when someone replies to a message
sent by the old mailbox). Don't forget to change any Public Folder
ACL's, Distributions Lists, Calendar, mailbox permissions, etc.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Sum of more than one pivot table
I am working with trying to sum 2 pivot tables. I keep getting extra rows, one named "ROW" with a value of "0" (Zero). I can remove this item from the drop down list but ...... Why is it there? And what can I do to get rid of it? Ken I should have said, I am trying to do this in a new pivot table. Ref: http://edferrero.m6.net/Pivot.html#4 The last part of this tutorial, says to sum the 2 pivot tables. >-----Original Message----- >I am working with trying to sum 2 pivot tables. >I keep getting extra rows, one named "ROW" with a value >of "...

Select rows meeting criteria into another worksheet?
Is this possible? Users will enter records of work into a GeneralEntry spreadsheet. Each record includes a Client field, which they fill using a dropdown. Records are entered as work is completed, so client rows are not grouped together. A set of additional worksheets, one for each client, automatically display only the rows from GeneralEntry which contain the client's name in the Client field. Each of the client sheets should perform summary calculations on just the rows appearing in the client sheet, and display the results above the detail rows. I have tried using filtered l...

Two identical graphics, one visible in Draft view, the other not
A Word 2007 document contains several graphics (flowcharts) that were created in Visio (2003), copied to the clipboard (Ctrl-C), and pasted into the Word document (Ctrl-V). I have been working on this document for some time as well as others like it. I usually view these documents in Print View because the graphics are not visible in Draft View (they display as empty white space or the light blue field if selected). Today, I happened to shift to Draft View and discovered that most, but not all, of the graphics were visible. In one case, the same graphic was in the document twice r...

Copying attachments to another email gives odd results
Hi, Using Outlook 2003 SP3 using an updated Windows XP SP3 When I copy 5 attachments from one email and paste them into another, it some times pastes the same attachment for all 5 but uses the correct name. I end up with an email with 5 different names, but they're all the same file. Saving them locally then reattaching seems to prevent this and it happens in rare situations. Is this a known issue? ...

Server Initiate to Client
Is there ever a time that the Server will initiate to a client instead of the other way around? What do you mean? deb wrote: > Is there ever a time that the Server will initiate to a > client instead of the other way around? ...

GP SQL Server Performance monitoring, problem with CPU related loc
The past week our GP SQL Server has been locking up. All GP clients (around 15) lockup and are not able to do anything within the app. When this happens the CPU on the server maxes out. It last for around 15 minutes then the CPU goes back to normal and everyone can start to use the GP clients again. Is there a way to see what is happening? For instance maybe its a batch/transaction/query/report etc. that a user is running that is causing this. Is there a log I can review or something to help me pinpoint what process is doing this? Thanks for your input! Hi, Can you pl...

Moving the Biztalk integration to new hardware
Running CRM 1.2, GP 7.5 sp4, Biztalk sp 1 with integration, all on Win2k SP4. All on separate servers. There are a few customizations done in CRM but no custom fields that are mapped to GP. Any one have any experience moving the BizTalk piece to a new piece of hardware? Can't find any white papers or much information at all on how to get this done without losing the current set up. Many thanks I have logged similar support incidents with MS. To date they have not been able to provide any information. "Jeff Metcalf" <JeffMetcalf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Backup Exec: Backing up Exhange Store vs Mailboxes and Folders
In Backup Exec, you can choose to back up Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Microsoft Information Store. Is it necessary to backup the Information Store if you are backing up the Mailboxes and Public Folders, or is that redundant? Thanks, Cliff cleeseely@gmail.com wrote: > In Backup Exec, you can choose to back up Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, > Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Microsoft Information Store. Is > it necessary to backup the Information Store if you are backing up the > Mailboxes and Public Folders, or is that redundant? >...

Bank Reconciliation-Selected Record Has Been Deleted by Another Us
I have a user where she has been receiving the message "Selected Record Has Been Deleted by Another User" while she is in the bank renconciliation window. I have been able to reproduce the issue but only at this client. If she is in the window and is scrolling up and down and she happens to pause for about 5 seconds or more over one row but never clicks on it, as soon as she does click on it she gets the message. The only way to continue is to leave the screen and start the reconciliation process over again. I have a copy of their data on my server and I cannot get it to do th...

exchange 2003 public folder sync, which one is updated
If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and someone makes a change, which one is updated? The one they are connected to is the one that is updated. Users are connected to the one referred to in the properties of the Mailbox Store that houses their mailbox. "Trey" <Trey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:271997FD-E0BD-469B-A64D-2FC52FB68575@microsoft.com... > If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and > someone makes a change, which one is updated? ...

pop3 virtual server not restarting on reboot
Hi all, I have 2 clients with the same problem. One is SBS 2003 and one is running Win Server 2003 with Exchange. All runs well and they both have POP3 clients running on Exchange. However, whenever I reboot the server, the POP3 Default Virtual Server does not start. I have to go in and manually start it. No errors. No messages. Any suggestions? thanks Nate ...

insert data from one excel file into another
Is there any way to insert data from one excel file into another without doing copy and pasting? I need to automate the process of inserting data but I cannot use copy-paste, because it puts data on a clipboard, and my Excel VBA program runs in a multi-user environment. So if one instance of a program is copying data into clipboard, and another instance is pasting it at the same time, it will paste incorrect data. Thank you Leonard. You'll need both spreadsheets open, but try this; Option Explicit Sub MyMacro() Dim MyVariable As String Windows("File2.xls").Ac...

Strange communicaiton problem between E2K3 BE & FE servers
Hi there, Exch2003SP1 with BE & FE config, both running on w2k3 (no sp) servers. All in a sudden, around 11am this morning, outgoing internet emails pending at BE's "Internet Mail - _6f11108f04be1b4fa16208b3824b69aa_S (SMTP Connector)" queue, in which when force it to retry, at additional queue information, it said "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt". However there is no problem of incoming internet emails at the moment. Already restarted both SMTP virtual server at FE & BE, didn't help on the outgoing mails problem. On both B...

The item could not be deleted, it was either moved or already deleted, or access
The item could not be deleted, it was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied this is the error i recieve when i try to delete a message from the sent items that is stored on the server. The email can not be moved, or deleted, i even tried the hard delete. the message is obivously corrupted any ideas...please help ...

SWL Server GUID and Access Combo Boxes
I am using a stored procedure to populate a form; when a new record becomes dirty, the como boxes auto populate. Pseudo code: • DoCmd.gotoRecord , , acNewRec • start entering data (not in combo boxes) • combo boxes filled with bad data (GUID/UniqueIdentifier data type / null data is preferred) i have set the following to null: • field on sql server table • combo box on form (also limit to list = yes) how do i make sure the combo boxes stay null when the form goes dirty for the first time? Edits have no effect on the mis-population of the combo boxes. thanks ...

Change Exchange server via scripting
We are going to be migrating our exchange server to another machine as part of an upgrade. Is it possible to change the users' account setup from one server to the next via a login script, or does anyone know another way to do it other than visiting each machine. Thanks, Brad Depending on the details of the migration, you might not need to do = anything at all, or this tool might be handy: = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D56F45AC3-448F-= 4CCC-9BD5-B6B52C13B29C&displaylang=3Den --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ...

Outlook 2002 Moving Items to Deleted Items
Strange problem, my outlook is moving new items to the deleted item folder. They appear in the inbox for about 1 second and then are moved I deleted all my rules and the problem still presists. Its only on m POP account too, not on the IMAP account (exchange 5.5). The names ar not listed in the junk mail list either.. any ideas? Is it someho holding onto my rules even though I deleted them and they are no showing up any more in the rules list (which is empty). Any help would be great ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and po...

Problem using CFileFind on SMB server on LAN
Hi, I am having problems using CFindFile() when the path is to a directory on an SMB server in the local LAN. I am able to "see" the directory using _chdir but I need to iterate through all the files in the directory using CFindFile() My code is as follows : __code__ char * c_str = "\\\\server\\dir"; int foundVideoDir = _chdir(c_str); if (foundVideoDir != 0) { ;/*do error code*/ exit(1); } // if get here dir found on remote server CFileFind finder2; BOOL bResult2 = finder2.FindFile(c_str); if (bResult2 == 0) // note opposite value to _chdir { /*do second...

Bridgehead server database size
We replaced our 6 Exch5.5 bridgehead servers with new Exchange 2003 servers. The servers do not host any non-system mailboxes but the databases have grown to over 3GB each after only being in production for 5 days. They all have almost 1Gb .stm also. Why are the databases this large and getting bigger? How can I make sure that the databases don't get too large for the drive and shut down Exchange? On 9 Feb 2005 04:58:10 -0800, "B Cornette" <bcornette@gmail.com> wrote: >We replaced our 6 Exch5.5 bridgehead servers with new Exchange 2003 >servers. The servers do no...

how do i move an image on a sheet
I Have an image on a sheet which i want to have moving from left to right while the sheet is being viewed when cell B4 has "Please wait" in it. ...

Sales Order not moveing to the History and still shows ACTIVE
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01CA4D8B.7CAA7820 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everyone, I am using GP 10 SP3 I have a Sales Order which was fulfilled>Invoiced partial and remaining = Qty. was Backordered. then the Backordered Qty. was transferred to = another Order which looks fine. Now the the order which was fulfilled, backordered and transferred is = moving out of Working Transactions. I don't see this Order in any of my = Work Table i.e. SOP10100 & SOP 10200...

Does HQ require a dedicated server?
I currently have 2 store running RMS v1.2. I am adding another store and I want to add HQ. Do I need a dedicated server? There seems to be a real lack of info on the Microsoft website. Are there any good manuals for HQ? We have always installed a server and a full version of SQL Server with HQ Installs - usually Small Business Server Premium. HQ databases grow much more quickly that Store databases, and the 2GB MSDE limit will quickly become a problem. Also, a server is generally a much more robust piece of equipment, with at least some level of redundancy built in. You should...

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

move files in XP
Hi The following macro takes files that are in one directory, and puts them in a newly created directory. This works in Excel 2000 running on 98, but does not work in Excel 2000 running on XP (I put a On Error goto line before the rename directory lines, and in XP it jumps and does not create the new directory. In 98 it creates the directory (Before running this macro, there is a dir called "one" in the "oldname" directory. I have heard that XP will not create a new diredtory this way Can anyone tell me how to do this in XP Thank you very muc Sub xp98( Dim OldName ...

Cannot De-Install CRM 3.0 Server
Hi, CRM has been installed on the wrong server and we want to remove it. When trying to remove it from Control Panel, it fails by telling " Another Installation is already taking place". If I try to remove by using the CD, it says to use "Control Panel"! Is there a way to remove the "install flag" somewhere or is there a manual way to de-install it? Thanks Can you restart the web server and try again. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Vincent" <Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> ...