Move mailboxes command line util

Hello, I'm in the process of migrating Exchange 5.5
mailboxes to Exchange 2003 servers. Is there a command
line utility that can help me with this process?
My Exchange 2003 foundation is ready, but now I need to
move those users' mailboxes, and I'd like to do this from
a command line utility using a list of users saved on a
text file.

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Why would you want to do this when E2K3 provides you with a very cool method
for moving mailboxes? On your E2K3 server, open ADUC and r-click on a couple
of users and click on "exchange Tasks". Click Next and click "Move
mailboxes". From here onwards, it's a breeze. You can even schedule the
move. You even have the option to query for a specific group of users to
move.

--
Sincerely,

D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
www.akomolafe.com
www.iyaburo.com
Yesterday?  -anon
"Edward" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I'm in the process of migrating Exchange 5.5
> mailboxes to Exchange 2003 servers. Is there a command
> line utility that can help me with this process?
> My Exchange 2003 foundation is ready, but now I need to
> move those users' mailboxes, and I'd like to do this from
> a command line utility using a list of users saved on a
> text file.
>
> Thanks.

Stacked Line-Column Graph
I was wondering if anyone could help me make a Line-Column Graph that has stacked columns. There are to be 3 data series that are stacked column format and 1 that is line format Thanks Luke Create a stacked column chart from all the data. Right-click on the series that you want as a Line In the shortcut menu, choose Chart Type Select the Line chart type, and one of the subtypes Click OK Jon Peltier has information on creating your own combination charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboChart1.html Lucas Guarino wrote: > I was wondering if anyone could help me make a...

Why is my tab key moving my cursor from column A to column k?
In all of my excel worksheets, when I push Tab, my cursor goes straight from Column A to Column K or the next column not shown to the right of the sheet. From there, if I hit Shift-Tab It always goes back to column A, even if that's not where I started out. Please help, it's driving me crazy!!! Turn off Lotus 1-2-3 Transition options Tools, Options, Transition (tab), turn off all transition options --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvp...

E2K3
We currently have a mixed mode environment with Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 and Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000. We have completed the migration of our mailboxes and public folders to E2K3 and are in the process of decommissioning our 5.5 Site. We have a policy setup on our mail stores to send a warning when a user reaches 95MB and to prohibit sending at 100MB. We also have standards in place regarding the storage group/mail store location of our users on the E2K3 servers. The first problem we are experiencing is ESM is reporting a mailbox size that is significantly larger than what Outlook 2002 ...

Move message to folder
How can I get a message that I create from scratch go to a folder (other than "Sent Items") automatically after I send it? Hi. Me again. I don't think the above question was very clear. Let me explain. I can make a rule that will check the message after I send it and move a SINGLE COPY of that message to a certain folder. This is fine if I create the message by typing in the email address from a business card, for example. But if I "reply" to a message I get TWO COPIES of it in the folder because I've also checked the box that says: "In folders other than ...

Using arrow keys to move between cells
Hey guys, Sorry for dumb question, but how do I move between cells w/o using my mouse and rather using arrow keys? Do you have use any of shift, alt, ctrl keys at same time? Thanks. If pressing the arrow keys are not moving you between cells, check and see if scroll lock is on on the key board, here is some info from help Arrow keys Move one cell up, down, left, or right. CTRL+arrow key Move to the edge of the current data region. HOME Move to the beginning of the row. CTRL+HOME Move to the beginning of the worksheet. CTRL+END Move to the last cell on the worksheet, in the bottom-most us...

how do I hide freeze pane lines
I would like to be able to hide the freeze pane lines in my spreadsheet. Is it possible. You can click and drag the lines to the top or left (or top-left) margin of the screen, then reset the freeze by landing the cell pointer on the appropriate cell and clicking >Window >Freeze Panes. I don't think you can hide that line. Exel Help Needed wrote: > > I would like to be able to hide the freeze pane lines in my spreadsheet. Is > it possible. -- Dave Peterson My error- I thought the OP was talking about the grey "Split" lines. ...

Deleting/Moving E-Mail Messages
Hi, My company is currently useing MS Office XP, 2000, and 97 (most people are using 97). When some users try to delete or move messages in Outlook (it does not matter which release) they receive a message that it can't be done. I think it may be because they have many messages on the Exchange Server and their account is very large, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any information on how to correct this problem? Users are having a difficult time deleting messages or moving them into another folder. Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Command Button code
Good evening all I am after some simple code to apply to a CommandButton1_Click(), where when the button is clicked, today's date is inserted into the active cell. (Though I do require this date to then be fixed, and not change the following day) Any help most appreciated. Thank you Mathew --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.551 / Virus Database: 343 - Release Date: 11/12/2003 Mathew here is one way Selection = Date -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to...

Mailbox size limit warning messages
Is it possible to edit the warning message that gets sent out when a Mailbox reaches a certain size? I'd like to tailor it to make it more relevant to our needs. Thanks. The warning message is actually embedded in a system dll file so for all intents and purposes the answer is no. Nue "ddawks" <ddawks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60CD36CC-89C2-4B83-8490-B993A8174226@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to edit the warning message that gets sent out when a > Mailbox > reaches a certain size? > I'd like to tailor it to make it more relev...

Mailbox size alerts
Hi, I've got a couple of issues that my MD has asked me to look into, wondered whether anyone on here could help me out :-) Is it possible to send the Mailbox Size Alert message to someone else as well as the mailbox owner? (in this instance I need to send a message to the owner of the mailbox AND their immediate superior) Also is it possible to issue warnings based on the number of e-mails as well as the size? My MD seems to think that anyone with a large amount of e-mails isn't managing their workload correctly! BTW I am running Exchange2003 on Windows2003 Server. Thanks in adva...

Error 8231
When attempting to create a new mailbox, the box was not stamped with any addresses. It appears that RUS is not working properly. We recently have been experiencing error messages in the logs that state the following: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Service Controller Event ID: 8231 Description: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=Name,CN=MicrosoftExchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Name,DC=com':'MAD.EXE', error=8000ffff. Taking provider offline. We are running a single domain, native mode Exchang...

Ignoring Line Breaks in Outlook XP
I have unchecked the option "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages". Now in the preview pane, Outlook is displaying a message "This message has extra line breaks. Click here". I don't care if the message has extra line breaks. I don't want to enable the option that removes the extra line break automatically as this is slowing me down. So how do I stop Outlook from displaying the message in the preview pane? Thanks, Ashok. "Ashok" <ashoktamil@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:db81e684.0405260942.6ccb4037@posting.google.com... >I have...

moving mailboxes between 5.5 and 2003
After I succesfully move a mailbox from a 5.5 server to a 2003 server it takes about 20-40 minutes for the client to be able to use the mailbox. OWA, Outlook and POP clients error out during this time but eventually everything works. Both servers are in the same site and org - is this normal? I am not sure how long it usually takes but the best way to do it is move mailboxes during none business hours. "Juraj Lisiak" <juraj@juraj.com> wrote in message news:ufSv2mTPFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > After I succesfully move a mailbox from a 5.5 server to a 2003 se...

Max. no. of characters in a message box line is less in Vista when compared with XP
Hi, I have noticed in Vista, the maximum no. of characters which could be displayed in a messagebox line is 85 characters where in XP it was 131 characters. Following is a summary when compared this with OSes, OS - Max. no. of characters per messagebox line. XP - 131 Vista, Windows 7 - 85 Windows2008 Server x32 and x64 - 81 Following is a code in VB to run in Vista simulate the problem which spans into 3 lines, where it was expected in 2 lines. MsgBox ("**Maximum number of characters per messagebox line in Windows Vista is 85 characters.**"+CHR(13)+CHR(10)+"...

Ex55 Mailbox Manager not working
Hi! We have the problem that the Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Manager is not cleaning the mailboxes! In the EventLogs it is said that 0 items are processed but no errors at all! We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on W2K SP4. We also tried the Post-SP4 fix for mailbox manager but it doesn't help! It seems that after restarting the system service the mailbox manager is running for that day. Are there any other solutions or fixes that might help available? Thanks for the help! BR, Jochen Corey, what additional patches do you have installed on your Exchange server? Maybe it is somehow connect...

Mailbox Permissions
Having read through numerous posts, it seems my request may be the opposite to most others: Exchange 2003: As domain administrator, I am able to "Open Other User's Folder" and get their inbox open in my Outlook. I need to prevent access to mailboxes to anyone other than the owner and maybe any other system required entities. We are in the financial sector, and are heavily regulated. This goes against our security policies. I can see where I might remove permissions (mailbox store>properties>security>, however, I am concerned that by making changes I might break someth...

Move mail
I had to reinstall windows and my outlook won't start i am going to have to reinstall it. Is there anyway to save certain files in microsoft office that I can move over so as not to loose my saved mail and my address book? Hi Bob, Which version of Outlook are you using? If you are using Outlook you can save all of your emails, contacts, etc. to a PST to do the move. However if you are using Outlook Express you will want to look at the following article: 257499 OLEXP: How to Move Mail Folders Between Two Computers that Are Running http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257499 HTH Regards...

Moving SQL Databases to another drive results in error
I am trying to move the CRM SQL Databases to another drive that has more space and I get a replication error. Is there any documentation to help me move these successfully?? McKenzie This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C5A44F.29F39C90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable you can do this but you need to disable replication and re-enable = afterwards Use SQL Enterprise manager, select the database you want to move and = then=20 choose the option (after right click) to detach the database,then ...

Labels leaving a blank line where addr2 is missing
Some of my addresses have 1 address line and some have 2. In order to include all of them in the same label, I'm getting a blank line when address 2 is missing. Why won't it float if there is a blank line? -- Brenda First, check that the Section that contains your Address fields is set to Grow and Shrink. To do this, click inside that section or on the grey bar just above it but ensure that you are not selecting any controls. In the Properties box next to Can Grow and Can Shrink (like Alice In Wonderland) click Yes. 2. Click in the left margin so that you are selecting all your tex...

flaw in Excel's filter command for negative numbers
When I filter to show all values less than a negative number, screwball results happen. I can't believe this problem exists to this day. Is there a workaround? What is a screwball result? If some of the negative values are text they won't be included since text is always greater than any number -- No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Easydoesit" <davehumphrey2@home.com> wrote in message news:efxVAoiTEHA.2908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I filter to show all values less than a ne...

ran eseutil, now have empty mailboxes!
Exchange 5.5 Enterprise W2k Server SP4 Approx 150 mailboxes 54gb Priv Running low oh hard drive space where priv.edb was located, so I ran: eseutil /d /ds /tx:\tempdfrg.edb /p X: is a unc that has 300gb free. After the eseutil was done (5 hrs later), or moved the existing 54gb priv.edb to another location, then copied back over the defragmented 50gb priv.edb. Started the Priv Inform Store service with no problems, however now my mailboxes are ALL empty! Looking in the Exchange Admin, my Mailbox Resources all show anywhere from 0 to only 9mb, when before my largest mb was 3gb! Help! WTF...

Line & Double Stacked Charts
Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line. I can get the line by creating a secondary Axis however the line isnt where I want it. It is at the top of the tallest bar. Is there any way to get the line down to a value I want it at. Basically I am trying to create a capacity chart with two products running on one machine by month. I need the line to be at a value that is straight accross being the maximum machine capacity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "K" wrote: > Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line...

Move incoming mail to another mailbox
Hi all! One of our employees is leaving the organisation. It is possible that we will be recieving mail on his address so we want to move all mail on former.employee@our.company to another mailbox. I would of course like to this on the server but I can't find any goodies about this in the system manager. Would also like to create an auto-reply on this email address stating that the employee no longer work for us. Thanks in advance. Regards - Jonas Sackerud Two choices as I see it: 1. Keep the mailbox and simply grant another user access to the mailbox so that new mail can be ch...

how to get zeros to match in line-bar combo chart on 2 axes
My boss wants to use a line-bar combo chart on 2 axes, but he wants the zeros to begin on the same horizontal line on the chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Electric Julie" <Electric Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:486631A9-85E8-4431-A5E1-D282563C9395@microsoft.com... > My boss wants to use a line-bar combo chart on 2 axes, but he wants the > zeros > to begin on the same horizontal line on the chart. ...

Excel 2000: Lines hidden with filter
With a tabelle of daten. After I have filtered my lines with a criterium, I decide to hide those lines. But when I go back on to my fiter to release the criterium, I would like the filter to remember that I have hidden the previous lines, so that they don t appear again. How can I do this? Thank you. Simon do you mean that you want to filter the lines again? "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83DE9BD8-E925-41FC-BE25-E2406EC3B19A@microsoft.com... > With a tabelle of daten. > After I have filtered my lines with a criterium, I > de...