Move mailboxes between servers in different administrative groups

According to this article below on Microsoft website, it states that it is
not possible to move mailboxes between servers in different administrative
groups when running Exchnage 5.5 and 2003 servers in mixed mode.  I was
under the impression that this is no longer true and if you are running
service pack 2 for Exchange 2003 it is possible to move between
administrative groups.  Can someone please confirm?

Thanks

Rustom

      Feature Available in mixed Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000, and Exchange
2003 organization? Available in Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000 native mode?
Available in pure Exchange 2003 organization that is in native mode?
      Move mailboxes between servers in the same administrative group
     Yes
     Yes
     Yes

      Move mailboxes between servers in different administrative groups
     No
     Yes
     Yes

      Create an administrative group that spans multiple routing groups
     No
     Yes
     Yes

      Use query-based distribution groups
     No
     Yes
     Yes

      InetOrgPerson object can be mail-enabled or mailbox-enabled
     No

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/PlanE2k3MsgSys/2729fbce-edd0-4025-b03d-1fa95c8b8d06.mspx?mfr=true

0
RustomNB (17)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/94541013-3bf1-4144-a880-9cc4fee39946.mspx

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Rustom" <RustomNB@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> According to this article below on Microsoft website, it states that it is
> not possible to move mailboxes between servers in different administrative
> groups when running Exchnage 5.5 and 2003 servers in mixed mode.  I was
> under the impression that this is no longer true and if you are running
> service pack 2 for Exchange 2003 it is possible to move between
> administrative groups.  Can someone please confirm?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rustom
>
>      Feature Available in mixed Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000, and Exchange
> 2003 organization? Available in Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000 native
> mode? Available in pure Exchange 2003 organization that is in native mode?
>      Move mailboxes between servers in the same administrative group
>     Yes
>     Yes
>     Yes
>
>      Move mailboxes between servers in different administrative groups
>     No
>     Yes
>     Yes
>
>      Create an administrative group that spans multiple routing groups
>     No
>     Yes
>     Yes
>
>      Use query-based distribution groups
>     No
>     Yes
>     Yes
>
>      InetOrgPerson object can be mail-enabled or mailbox-enabled
>     No
>

> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/PlanE2k3MsgSys/2729fbce-edd0-4025-b03d-1fa95c8b8d06.mspx?mfr=true

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

open two different Access reports

Relay from unstruted server

Relay Servers?

Microsoft Exchange Server

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Mailboxsize is different
hi! i've got a crazy problem. when you look at the mailboxes in the exchange system manager, then you see, e.g. user xy with 220 mb mailboxsize. but when you look at the outlook, then the mailbox size is only 150 mb. but there are no filters or something else activated. and the problem is on the local outlook and on the terminalserver outlook. i hope someone has a solution about my problem. thanks. stefan ...

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

total group & max function
I am using Access 2003 I created a Db for Machine Mtce. The table consists of 3 tables, (1) Basic Mach Infor (ie Mach#, Mach Name, Mfg etc) - (2) Operations Table - consists of different prev mtce (PM) that need to be completed at various time frames. Ex: "Mach 100" could have 3 different operations; Oper # 100A to change the oil due every 90 days, Oper # 100B to check the belts due every 180 days, Oper # 100C to grease the machine due every 365 days. The 3rd table is the "PM History" table which includes the history of all of the PM's completed with Work Order...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

find instance of IE for server socket in activex component
Hi I have an activex component that has a server socket (using casyncsocket class) ..The problem is that when I have multiple instances of the IE open only the first instance (created first) recieves the messages the rest do not recieve the message. Is there a way to solve this problem .(i want the server send the reply to that instance of ie that sent the message) .Do I need to pass something like a pointer of hte javascript object .If so how Thanks When you say "server socket", that suggests a socket that does a Listen followed by an Accept. Otherwise it is a client socke...

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...