Move mailbox problem #2

Hi

We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have
one mb whose contents have been moved but any empty mb with the same name
was left on the old server. Over the weekend new mail went to the old
mailbox. The user can use both mailboxes by changing their outlook profile.
They are happy to lose the 'weekend' mail fomr the old mb. Can I just delete
it or should I do something else?

Cheers

Mike

0
Mike

"Mike Varley" <mike@notdisclosed!!.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have
>one mb whose contents have been moved but any empty mb with the same name
>was left on the old server. Over the weekend new mail went to the old
>mailbox. The user can use both mailboxes by changing their outlook profile.
>They are happy to lose the 'weekend' mail fomr the old mb. Can I just delete
>it or should I do something else?
>
>Cheers
>
>Mike

Check within AD to see where AD thinks the real mailbox is. (go
through the initial steps to move it and see where the current
location is set, then cancel the move)
You might need to exmerge out of the old and into the new.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)
4/19/2004 10:15:22 AM
Hi Mark

It indicates that the mailbox is on the new server where it should be. What
should I do now?

Cheers

Mike

> "Mike Varley" <mike@notdisclosed!!.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have
> >one mb whose contents have been moved but any empty mb with the same name
> >was left on the old server. Over the weekend new mail went to the old
> >mailbox. The user can use both mailboxes by changing their outlook
profile.
> >They are happy to lose the 'weekend' mail fomr the old mb. Can I just
delete
> >it or should I do something else?
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Mike
> >
> Check within AD to see where AD thinks the real mailbox is. (go
> through the initial steps to move it and see where the current
> location is set, then cancel the move)
> You might need to exmerge out of the old and into the new.
>

> Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm &
> http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm

0
Mike
4/19/2004 12:02:16 PM
"Mike Varley" <mike@notdisclosed!!.com> wrote:

>Hi Mark
>
>It indicates that the mailbox is on the new server where it should be. What
>should I do now?
>
>Cheers
>
>Mike
>

>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> "Mike Varley" <mike@notdisclosed!!.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have
>> >one mb whose contents have been moved but any empty mb with the same name
>> >was left on the old server. Over the weekend new mail went to the old
>> >mailbox. The user can use both mailboxes by changing their outlook
>profile.
>> >They are happy to lose the 'weekend' mail fomr the old mb. Can I just
>delete
>> >it or should I do something else?
>> >
>> >Cheers
>> >
>> >Mike
>> >
>> Check within AD to see where AD thinks the real mailbox is. (go
>> through the initial steps to move it and see where the current
>> location is set, then cancel the move)
>> You might need to exmerge out of the old and into the new.
>>

>> Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
>> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm &
>> http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm

Run an Exmerge against the server where the old mailbox resides. You
should be able to see it and run the export.

On the place where the old mailbox resides do a right click where you
see the mailboxes listed and select "run cleanup agent" You should
then, after a while, see the old mailbox get a red x. You can then
clean up the old instance

Run the exmerge against the new instance and bring the mail in. You
will need to check dates so that you don't import twice.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)
4/19/2004 1:53:34 PM
Hi Mark

thanks, I think it's sorted.

Cheers

mike

> "Mike Varley" <mike@notdisclosed!!.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi Mark
> >
> >It indicates that the mailbox is on the new server where it should be.
What
> >should I do now?
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Mike
> >

> >"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message

> >profile.
> >delete

> >> Check within AD to see where AD thinks the real mailbox is. (go
> >> through the initial steps to move it and see where the current
> >> location is set, then cancel the move)
> >> You might need to exmerge out of the old and into the new.
> >>

> >> Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
> >> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm &
> >> http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm
> >

> Run an Exmerge against the server where the old mailbox resides. You
> should be able to see it and run the export.
>
> On the place where the old mailbox resides do a right click where you
> see the mailboxes listed and select "run cleanup agent" You should
> then, after a while, see the old mailbox get a red x. You can then
> clean up the old instance
>
> Run the exmerge against the new instance and bring the mail in. You
> will need to check dates so that you don't import twice.
>

> Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm &
> http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm

0
Mike

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

if cell is text move left one column

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

VB Macro #2

SBS 2003 moving of users files

VCR to DVD Part 2

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

set print area #2

Moving Exchange #5

request to solve my problem #5

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Failure: account: A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dyna
I am getting the following message when I attempt to import customizations into a new CRM installation on the same domain. "Failure: account: A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." Originally the "Account" entity was named "Company" I changed it back because of this error hoping it would solve the importing issues, however this still did not work. The ...

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2