Move Mailbox failure results in maildata on source and target servers (Exchange 5.5)

Hi all,

I have two Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers running in the same site.  Due to
priv.edb corruption on one of the servers, I started moving mailboxes to the
second server.  A few of the moves failed without explanation.  The only
potentially related even was something about rules synchronization, but
Google and MS KB searches yielded nothing.

Here's the problem:

- Moved USER mailbox from SERVER_X to SERVER_Y
- Move failed at some point
- "Mailbox resources" on SERVER_Y shows that USER has approx. 1.4GB on
SERVER_Y, but USER doesn't show up in "Server Recipients"
- "Mailbox resources" on SERVER_X shows that USER has approx. 1.6GB on
SERVER_X, and USER *does show up in "Server Recipients"
- Mailbox properties show USER's home server as SERVER_X
- No data appears to have been lost

I haven't done anything else for fear of losing the mailboxes (which happen
to belong to VIP's, of course).

This article is close to my situation, but doesn't quite apply:
Q252869
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252869&Product=ech
XADM: How to Prevent Mail Loss When Move Mailbox Operation Is Unsuccessful

I did actually make a change to one attribute to USER's mailbox and waited
for the directory to synch, as suggested in the above KB article.  Didn't
help.

Before I contact PSS, any suggestions?

A few more pieces of information:  this problem occurred with about 3% of
the mailboxes I've moved so far.  It happened regardless of whether or not
the NA Groupshield server was running.  I'm able to exmerge these troubled
mailboxes without incident, so I don't this problem has to do with the
priv.edb corruption that prompted this mass-move.  I know I could exmerge
out, delete the directory entry, run the Consistency Adjuster, delete
mailbox, exmerge PST's back in, but I'd rather not do that (these three
mailboxes are all over 1GB, so that would take longer than a "move
mailbox.").

Thanks!

0
pphelan (1)

Mailbox on Exchange Front-End Server
Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 2003 Front-End Server? When you make Exchange a FE server, it then assumes all internet protocols are to be proxied to the BE servers. It can't proxy to itself. If you put mailboxes on it, only MAPI connections could reach them. Depending on your deployment, there may be security implications of allowing that. Can you? I think so. Should you? Probably not. William "John Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19f8501c44d87$e00c6950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 20...

Move SeaMonkey/Thunderbird e-mail to Outlook 2007 (without OE)
I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and am trialling Office 2007 Professional. I currently use SeaMonkey as a browser/e-mail client but want to move to Outlook 2007 because I prefer it. Is there a way to export my mail from SeaMonkey (nee Thunderbird) to Outlook 2007 without using the old Outlook Express/MS Mail method that has been about for a number of years? You may want to review this article for future reference: How do I import from ??? in Outlook http://www.contactgenie.com/blog/?p=185 Doing a quick google search: Importing and exporting your mail http://kb.mozi...

New Server
I currently have Exchange 2000 on an older server (Windows 2000). I also have Exchange 2003 on a 1 year old server (windows 2003). I've recently purchased a new server to replace the old server (windows 2000) with (windows 2003). I have moved everything off the older server except exchange. I can actually power the machine down and have no problems running the two newer servers. However, I would like to install Exchange 2003 on the newest server so that we have a backup exchange server. Can I just bring down the oldest server, bring it off the network, and remove it with no problem...

Exchange Extension Error
I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension A Local Error has occured. Facility: Win32 ID no:8007203b Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Everything else seems to be working ok. Any ideas? Thanks, Q does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329642 "Quan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2001c4abc4$e8f2ea30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. > > Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange...

UPC Equation #5
Okay awesome. Thanks so much for the help guys. I went with some hidde cells to insert the extra parts of the formula. Now, is there a way t make it apply to each and every field in Column A? and Column B? Thanks -- PneumaG ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PneumaGT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27326 You didn't mention exactly which formulas you went with, but just click on the fill handle, and drag down to copy as far as neede...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

Problem in Setting up CRM server
Hi We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message and we don't know the reason for this. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2. Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchron...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

server information
i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details can somone help please ? "wildcat2008@live.co.uk" <wildcat2008@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0630BEAC-0EB1-4450-B3EA-C94EB76EE018@microsoft.com... >i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details > can somone help please ? Who is your mail provider and or ISP? Give us the error message generated when sending fails. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ It isn't clear to me wh...

are scripts allowed in exchange 2003?
I used to run a few scripts in exchange 5.5, and now that I'm upgrading to 2003 I can't find how to implement these scripts. How do I keep using my scripts from exchange 5.5 in exchange 2003? Can you give us a bit more information regarding your scripts? Are they VBS accessing WMI information, batch files utilizing resource kit (reskit) utilities, etc. Scripting works with Exchange 2003 and Active Directory...I tinker with VBScripts. I have also used batch scripts to manage Exchange 2000 with the reskit utils. Bob "gigi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

how do I get the cursor to move to cell A1 when I press home key
When I press the home key I want the cursor to go to cell A1. From the Menu Bar: <Tools> <Options> <Transition> tab, And *check* "Transition Navigation Keys". This might cause you other "problems' though! -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "RANLAY" <RANLAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F93B2017-347...

Carry on with Windows Server install
I am starting to like the 2008 server series. Question about the REmote Desktop : How does the licensing work? We might need 2 additional clients. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748630 Born 29 Jan 1969 Redhill,Surrey,England UK Hello The, There is no change as before, as far as i know, 2 administrative connections and if you need more you have to buy TS CALs and install a TS licensing ser...

Deny Access to Mailbox
Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific users? Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin A from being able to read dom admin B email from either Outlook or directly from the server. Thanks. neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what version of Exchange? do they have SA explicitly or via a group? "Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3b8f4$20379370$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific > users? > > Essentially my ...

how to open port in windows server 2003
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open, internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 ...

Compare 2 Worksheets Create a 3rd depending on results
I have a unique problem that none of the other posts or shareware seems to solve. I have 2 worksheets (orig.xls and new.xls) that are 15 columns wide (to the "O"). The data is just numbers but the second column either has the words: "new" or "cancel" which is important as you will see. I need to compare the two worksheets and create a third worksheet (update.xls) depending on the three possible results: 1) If a row is removed in the new.xls file = copy the row from the orig.xls file and make the 2nd column "Cancel" 2) If a row is added to the new.xls...

Linux Server
hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to upload it but it is too slow. :( publiser put some script that even i cant understand... i cant edit it is there someone else what to do?.. please help. thanks A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from toni <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my > web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to > uploa...

Web services stop after rebooting server
Every month when I go to patch my Windows 2000 Server I have issues with the WWW service stopping every 5-10 minutes. Eventually after a day or so this goes away and all is well. This has happened since we went to v3. Any thoughts? EventType : crmmanaged P1 : 3.0.5300.0 P2 : aspnet_wp P3 : microsoft.crm P4 : there is an error in xml document (1_ 970).;hash='-493497873' ...

Updating large pivot source data
Hello, I'm experiencing the following problem with a very simple macro in Excel 2007 to update pivot table data source. That is, my data has more than 74000 rows and I'm trying to update the source data with the following code: Sub Macro1() Dim rng1 As Range Set rng1 = Sheets("Test_sheet").Range("A1:A74000") ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot-taulukko1").ChangePivotCache ActiveWorkbook. _ PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=rng1, _ Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12) End Sub The problem is that the code ...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise and several mailbox stores
Is there any limitation on how many mailbox stores in a administrative group you can create? For now we have 4 mailbox groups and 1 public folder, when trying to create one more Mailbox-group i get this errormsg: This storage group alreday contains maximum number of stores allowed. ID no: c1034a7a I thought that Enterprise edition had no limit. Kind Regards Peter Kulinski You can create up to 4 storage groups, each containing a maximum of 5 stores. Enterprise Edition has a limit of 20 stores. The 'no limit' you've heard about probably applies to the sizes of each of t...

How to exclude one user from being affected by mailbox limits.
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like the manager to have a 500MB limit but we can't find anything that would exclude him from being affected from the limits. Can someone shed some light on this for me please? Thanks for your help, Jamie In news:5ACF0054-7FAB-45B8-89D4-41F4359376A2@microsoft.com, Jamie Tanner <JamieTanner@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. > > We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like...

Exchange rules
Hi Our company uses Exchange5.5 and Outlook 2000 email clients. Does anyone know if it is possible to 'deploy' a standard set of rules to all mailboxes, which will be in addition to those already set up by the users using their rules wizard. eg. create a rule for everyone where when a mail with a certain subject is received, it is flagged up on their mail client Thanks for any help R ...

Exchange server recovery
I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain. My 2nd Exchange server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server. I know that I can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall Exchange on this new box. My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the domain with the domain already having a server by that name? In other words Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be loading server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the same name. How can I do this? I have a full bakup of C: and sys...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Exchange 2003 OWA #5
I accidentally killed my default website that contained the exchange virtual directories. Can someone tell me how to recreate them? Thanks ...

Pop Imap NNTP ETC Servers Won't Start
I open system manager, goto pop server, right click and click on start. After a few minutes I get a message did not respond in a timely fashion and to look at event viewer for information. There is nothing there. When I go to tools then status I find that my service group says critical n, which indicates to me that something is not running. How do I trouble shoot this? Rejean Proulx Visit my family at http://interfree.ca MSN is: rejean@interfree.ca Ham License VA3REJ Have you modified the service start state from disabled to manual or automatic? Nue "Rejean Proulx" <r...