Move Mailbox 55 to 2003 delegate/client permissions not working

Hi
Hope someone out there can help.

We recently started moving mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.
What we find is that users who remain on the old system and which had
permissions to certain folders of a user moved to 2003 can no longer access
these resources.
Now here is the strange part, on this particular 2003 user, when you remove
the permissions on Outlook and recreate them the 55 user can still not
access the folder.
BUT, if I assign permissions to a completely diff Mbx (previously migrated
to 2003) on 2003 then the 55 user can access the resources.

We have many users who have delegated permissions to other users within the
55 env. and we need to have a method to move these permissions across when
we move mailboxes.

TIA
Dee

0
darrel1 (1)

When you use exmerge to move a mailbox, you're really just copying the
messages and not the metadata.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327928&sd=tech#4 for
a comparison of the migration methods and above all test, test, test!!!

"Dee" <darrel@metropolitan.co.za.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Hi
> Hope someone out there can help.
>
> We recently started moving mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.
> What we find is that users who remain on the old system and which had
> permissions to certain folders of a user moved to 2003 can no longer
access
> these resources.
> Now here is the strange part, on this particular 2003 user, when you
remove
> the permissions on Outlook and recreate them the 55 user can still not
> access the folder.
> BUT, if I assign permissions to a completely diff Mbx (previously migrated
> to 2003) on 2003 then the 55 user can access the resources.
>
> We have many users who have delegated permissions to other users within
the
> 55 env. and we need to have a method to move these permissions across when
> we move mailboxes.
>
> TIA
> Dee

0
shamusnc (13)

Outlook 2003
When I type in a name to address an email, unless I have mailed them already and they appear on the recently used list, I then get a Check Names dialogue box and have to then search for additional names, even though the name is in the Address Book. Not sure why this is happening - I do have the Option to Suggest Names checked? Any ideas? Thanks State the steps you are using more clearly. You are talking about two completely different features here, the first is autocompletion, the second autoresolution. The latter will not prompt you for a search unless you have entered an invali...

Hey Microsoft! Exchange 2003 Question
Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and Level2 attachment lists? I don't want my Outlook users to have to save a certain type of file to the disk first. If so how? Thanks This may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0be901c3db86$5e56e700$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and > Level2 attachment lists? > I don't want my Outlook users to ha...

Exchange 2003 SP2 and IE 7
Hi, Since installing IE 7 on the Exchange back-end server, I can't get access to any information in the public folders from Outlook clients. I can open the Public folders, but there is nothing showing in there... But if I add new stuff, the new item shows up in that PF. If I try the some public folder that are not replicated on this server, I can see the content... This is not a permission problem, since that has not changed, and has been verified... Any one knows what is going on ??? Thanks !!! ...

Resizing to Scale in Visio 2003
Maybe a simple question - First you create a technical drawing to a certain scale on 11"x17" diagramming paper. Each inch of paper is a 10x10 square so 100 small squares make up one square inch. There are 17 squares horizontally and 11 squares vertically. 1. First Question: can this drawing be scanned for use by Visio 2003 and in what format? 2. Second Question: can Visio Resize this drawing image to a much larger size but Preserve the Scale that was used? If so I would then print this new Resized drawing on a drafting type print device to produce a drawing plan. Thank y...

How do I rename my Outlook Mailbox?
Wrong name is shown next to my Outlook Mailbox in left column. How can I change it? gigsysgal <gigsysgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Wrong name is shown next to my Outlook Mailbox in left column. How > can I change it? What version of Outlook? What type of account? If it's Exchange, speak with the Exchange admin. -- Brian Tillman ...

Publisher 2003, inserting information into labels
I have created a label template in Publisher 2003. There are six labels per page. The only item that will change on each label will be the serial number. I have tried to use the catelog merge to get the respective serial numbers on each of the labels. Unfortunately, that has not worked. Instead of getting six different serial numbers on six different labels per page, I get one serial number on six different labels on one page. Is there a way to get different six different serial numbers on six different labels on one page? You may have to run this through twice or setup your names ...

mailboxes are getting larger on Exchange Server
Dear all, I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003. * The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to PST files *Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" .... i m using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to expand the its quota then it returns to normale stauts very strange!! Note: I m taking backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after that its 65 GB" *It only took one day to get to the 65...

Move Columnar data to Rows
I've received a rather large spreadsheet from a client that's laid out like this: Acct Jan 2004 Feb 2004 Mar 2004 Apr 2004 CAR 108 104 409 109 BOAT 56 100 300 105 I need to change it to be laid out like this: Acct Date Amt CAR Jan 2004 108 CAR Feb 2004 104 CAR Mar 2004 409 CAR Apr 2004 109 BOAT Jan 2004 56 etc...etc...etc. Isn't there some sort of pivot table function I can use to do that? Thanks in advance for your assistance. ~cr To reorganize the data, you can use the "unpivot' techni...

Moving my Outlook files to new computer
How can I move my Outlook 2003 files (Contacts, Calendar, mail, etc) to a new computer? ...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #5
I have XP Pro, Office 2003 Pro with Business Contact Manager. I am using MSN for dial up ISP but have other POP3 email accounts. 1-Can not get Outlook to send message out to mail server. SMTP. Error says it found the server, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. I sent the error to the mail admin and he checked all setting on the server and says there is not problem on his end. I have never had to set SSL settings and port settings for email. 2-Just started Outlook 2003 and received the following error: There was a probl...

cant see pictures in publisher 2003
Inserting pictures work ok , then i cant see them , clicking on the area of picture the outline grabs are there but no visible picture. TOOLS > GRAPHIC MANAGER shows the thumbprint , thats all , What am i going wrong >-----Original Message----- >Inserting pictures work ok , then i cant see them , clicking on the area of >picture the outline grabs are there but no visible picture. TOOLS > GRAPHIC >MANAGER shows the thumbprint , thats all , What am i going wrong >. > If you can click on the image and see outline grabs. Do so and then choose Order from the Arrange ...

Missing Information after server migration to Exch 2003
I'm consulting at a company and they asked me to look at two problems they're having. However I do not know much about Exchange. This all happened before I worked there. As it was explained to me, they had Exchange 2000 running on a server. They got a new server with Exchange 2003. Everything was moved over to the new server. The old server was 'shut down'. Actually, the server is still up (a DC) but Exchange was un-installed. Problem 1: They had delegates set up for their calendars. They're all gone. Nobody can access anybody else information. Is there a way other ...

2003 excel
I would like to change the cell color if there is a "r" found in it. All the cells are in the same colum and there are also numbers in the cells with the "r". Can anyone help ? Assume data in col A Select the col, then apply conditional formatting using Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("r",A1)) Format to taste > OK out Replace SEARCH with FIND if you need it to be case sensitive -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:16,400 Files:356 Subscribers:53 xdemechanik --- "Dave" wrote: > I would like to change the cell color if ...

After moving profile OUTLOOK.PST not accessible
I have just move a users profile to another profile using the Copy to option in system properties. However outlook is still looking for the OUTLOOK.PST file in the old location, in which the user no longer has right to. How do I change that so that it will look for the file in her profile. Thanks, Matt On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:19:07 -0500, "Matt Burks" <none@yourbusiness.com> wrote: >I have just move a users profile to another profile using the Copy to option >in system properties. However outlook is still looking for the OUTLOOK.PST >file in the old location, in whi...

I am getting this error message when a user trys to send an email to another user outside the domain. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For Assistance, contact your system administrator. <server name> SMTP Access Temporarily Denied. IP Name lookup failed (65.x.x.x) Thanks ...

can't delete mailbox #2
I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? Wait until AD replicates then you'll be able to purge the mailboxes with the red Xs "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23fkHzmOMGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I >can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? > Right click on Mailboxes in ESM and select Run Cleanup Agent. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange M...

Moving Average Trendline
The graph I am creating has a lot of noise in it. I want to smooth it out. Right now I am using a moving average trendline that kind of does the trick. When I do this I want to be able to work with the points that it has created to make the trendline. Is there a way to get the points that this line makes up? Or is there a way to filter the points in the graph such as take every tenth data point or would I have to do that with the original set used to make the graph by using a macro or something like that? You can calculate your own moving average. Say your data is in column D, sta...

Rule not working
Background: I have a user with two email addresses. His primary address is "joe@domain.com" and he has a second address called "info@domain.com". We are running SBS2003 with Exchange and the user is using Office 11. Goal: He wants all mail that is sent to the info@domain.com address to be forwarded to another user in the same domain. Problem: Sounds easy enough, right? When the Exchange server receives a piece of mail to info@domain.com, it renames the recipient to joe@domain.com thus causing our rule not run. Obviously we can't forward all mail to the o...

Some good work
Hi Everybody I just able to create lookup field. And with this I can enble to show the lookup field of the same entity in the same form. So I think I got a way to get around the one-to-one and many-to-many relationship. Is not it good? Anyone need any help, let me know. Thanks and Regards -- Jaber ...

Email to Quote not working...
Here are the steps we have taken to make email - to - queue work, yet is has not: 1) created a new user in AD which will be the public email for our users, namely: AALSupport@CRM.local 2) Ensured an email box was created for this new acct. 3) Created a 3rd Acct which will be the forwarded to acct: CRMMBX@CRM.local 4) Configured properties to include the mailbox rights for SELF were a) Read b) Full Mailbox Access c) Associated Ext. Acct. 5) Added the two new users to the CRM. 6) Ran the Rule Deployment Wizard and typed in "CRMMBX@CRM.local" in the box. ...

How can I forward an email as attachment in 2003
Hi Could anybody please tell me how to send emails as attachments in Outlook 2003? Thank you, Paul -- Paulobrien29 Make a new email and then use Insert Item to insert the email you want to send. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Paulobrien29" <Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com... > > Hi > > Could anybody please tell m...

Installed Exch2007 into existing 2003 site, cant send mail
I installed an Exchange 2007 server into our domain. This server is meant to be a test server. It created a different routing group for itself. It seemed to propogate all the correct settings for the connectors and our DMZ smart hosts, yet, on the test account I created, I cannot send email to either internal users on Exchange 2003 or to the Internet. -- "Technology also allows us to get very angry and abusive with people who can't punch us in the nose at that very minute." Scott Adams ...

Help with
I am currently in the process of migrating exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 on new hardware. I have transfered the RUS role, offline address book role and replicated the public folders ect. and now am beginning to move maiboxes. I noticed 3 very repetive errors in the application event log however. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether these messages are somthing I should be concerned with. See them below. So far I have no user complaints about outlook. Thanks. Event ID: 9320 Source MSExchangeSA Type Warning Description OALGen could not generate full details for some en...

Multiple IF statement not working
I have numbers in cells b2, d2,e2, and f2. I am trying to write statment that will increment number in cell b2 by one for each cell (d2, e2, f2) that is greater than or equal to one. The following formula will not work if more than one cell (d2, e2, f2) has a zero in it: =IF(AND(D2>=1,E2>=1,F2>=1),B2+3,IF(OR(D2=0,E2=0,F2=0),B2+2,IF(AND (D2=0,E2=0),B2+1,IF(AND(D2=0,F2=0),B2+1,IF(AND(E2=0,F2=0),B2+1,))))) Does anyone know why? Try this =B2+COUNTIF(D2:F2,">=1") -- Wag more, bark less "Anthony" wrote: > I have numbers in cells b2, d...

Disabling Unicode Messaging
Apparently Exchange 2003 uses Unicode Messaging which previous versions of Exch did not. Now that we have migrated all of our users from Exch 2000 to 2003 their OST files will not work. We have no need for Unicode messaging so rather than rebuilding all of our User's Outlook Profile we would rather simply "disable" Unicode Messaging on the Exch Server. Does anyone have any idea how to do that? Can it be done once the server is in use and has 150+ mailboxes on it Thanks for any input Michael ...