Move incoming mail to another mailbox

Hi all!

One of our employees is leaving the organisation. It is possible that we
will be recieving mail on his address so we want to move all mail on
former.employee@our.company to another mailbox.

I would of course like to this on the server but I can't find any
goodies about this in the system manager. Would also like to create an
auto-reply on this email address stating that the employee no longer
work for us.

Thanks in advance.

Regards - Jonas Sackerud

Two choices as I see it:

1.  Keep the mailbox and simply grant another user access to the mailbox so
that new mail can be checked.  You could set up a rule to reply to every
message stating the employee doesn't work here, etc, but I'd not recommend
this since you could end up with a mail loop.

2.  Delete the mailbox and allocate the SMTP address to a different user.
Users can receive mail via more than 1 SMTP address.

In both cases, this is all done via Active Directory Users and Computers.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Jonas Sackerud" <jonas.sackerud@REMOVEseaflex.net> wrote in message
> Hi all!
>
> One of our employees is leaving the organisation. It is possible that we
> will be recieving mail on his address so we want to move all mail on
> former.employee@our.company to another mailbox.
>
> I would of course like to this on the server but I can't find any
> goodies about this in the system manager. Would also like to create an
> auto-reply on this email address stating that the employee no longer
> work for us.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards - Jonas Sackerud

0
neil.hobson (1158)
9/28/2004 7:51:46 AM
Thanks for response Neil.
I will go with option 2 as you suggested below. I was hoping that I
could route all messages without deleteing the mailbox (just for
conveniance if we need to access the old mailbox).

Regards - Jonas Sackerud

Neil Hobson [MVP] wrote:

>Two choices as I see it:
>
>1.  Keep the mailbox and simply grant another user access to the mailbox so
>that new mail can be checked.  You could set up a rule to reply to every
>message stating the employee doesn't work here, etc, but I'd not recommend
>this since you could end up with a mail loop.
>
>2.  Delete the mailbox and allocate the SMTP address to a different user.
>Users can receive mail via more than 1 SMTP address.
>
>In both cases, this is all done via Active Directory Users and Computers.

Send messages in another "Send Items"
I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is placed in my personal "Sent Items". But what I want is the message to be placed in the groupmailbox "Sent Items'. Anyone some ideas? W2000 Outlook 2000 Exchange 5.5 Thankz Peter Peter <jpmoons@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). > If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is > placed in my personal "Sent Items". > But what I want is the message to be placed in the g...

Moving and Selecting Multiple Objects in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am new to Word 2008 and can't seem to be able to nudge objects or select multiple objects in a document. I am trying to make small movements to a selected object by holding the option key and then using the directional arrows----doesn't work. Also cannot select multiple objects by holding shift key. Do these functions need to be &quot;turned on&quot; somewhere? Maybe my old PC mind is giving me the wrong commands. Can anyone help? In article <59bb6613.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, ...

Mail Merge and Stamps.com
Has anyone been able to do a mail merge from SFO client and add postage to their mailing? I am receiving an error saying that either one of the required fields is missing (checked, all there) or the data source is not compatible with Stamps.com. ...

Forwarding Using Mail Enabled Users
Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a mailbox? In news:eRPSivG0FHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Steve Fukumoto <steve.fukumoto@necsam.com> typed: > Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient > using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a > contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a > mailbox? A mail-enabled user has an external...

Ports 465 995 Error 0x800CCC0F Windows Mail
AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how to fix? -- sumac Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "sumac" <sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do > not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old > ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how t...

external mail send after reboot
I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There are no error no messages in the queues and and message tracking wil report local delivery at once and then a gap (maybe 9 days) and then delivered to external mail servers???? Thanks Peter In news:1158759649.788935.56800@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, Zpeedyexchange <peter.hoest@gmail.com> typed: > I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server > e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There &...

If cell value is greater than another cell value, clear contents.
Okay, hopefully this is the last question today! I've found the below formula in one of the posts here, but my brain has completely failed on me and I'm not sure how to adapt it to my requirements. I have a value which is entered by the user after a prompt, that populates in cell G4 in a sheet called 'Lookup'. For arguments sake, the current value is 30/11/09. I have another worksheet, 'Data', which has a column populated with dates (say column B). I'd like a macro that looks in column B on the data sheet, and clears out any dates which are gr...

Opening Mail Attachment
This is a minor issue but when I am confronted with an e-mail attachment the 'Opening Mail Attachment' box is displayed. The 'Always ask before opening this type of file' is always grayed out. How do I change that? And 'Save it to disk' is always checked and I rarely save it to disk, I just want to open it. Can I change that as well? Thanks, DH There's some attachment advice for OL2002 here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Dave Horne" <dave.horne@home.nl> wrote in message news:eej9vlKjHHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... ...

Outlook sending mail... odd issue
Win XP Pro Outlook 2002 Outlook - User is able to create a new message, add any attachment they wish and send the email without any problems. However When the user Right Clicks on an Icon and selects Send To Mail Recipient the new message appears with the attachment, they fill in the TO field and click send. The window goes away as it should and then within 5 seconds the desktop is forzen.. just the desktop. You can Alt Tab to open apps, including Outlook. The Explorer.exe process is getting Hammered. 80+ CPU in Taskmanager. I endtask exporer.exe then launch a new task of it and the issue...

Contact additions from e-mail addresses
Its become apparent to me that when I type in the first few letters of a recipient that the full contact appears in the Send To space but not all of these appearances are from Contacts. Some seem to be stored from previous sent e-mails. how an I identify or merge or add these items to Contacts? That is correct - the autocomplete list contains names you previously sent messages to. You need to use a utility to save the names not in your address book - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp for a list. Note that Outlook 2010's Suggested Contacts will create co...

[EX55] mail forwarding...
Greetings! Have an exchange network, and one of our servers is going to be down for an awhile and I want to forward emails to mailboxes on that server to mailboxes on another server. I've been told that i can use the Delivery Option tab to set up forwarding, and when the server in question goes down, mail will still be redirected because the address set up on the Delivery Option tab will will be replicated to other servers. I've tried this in my test lab with little luck and wondered if there was another way or if its a waste of time. Thanks, K The forwarding won't work if you...

read receipt on crm e-mail
Hi, How can we make read receipt enbaled in crm e- mail , so that we know that if the customer has read the e.mail or not? Sometimes we have to send important contract and we want to make it sure that customers have read the e-mails. any help or suggestion? Aami ...

Mail directed to subdomain
Hi, So yesterday I asked the question as to whether or not Exchange could send mail to hosts based on the subdomain the mail was addressed to. For example, if mail came to blah@a.company.com then the mail would get routed by Exchange to a host named "A" that would then process the mail and if mail came to blah@b.company.com then the mail would go to a host named "B". Unfortunately, that does not appear to be possible without creating all of the individual connectors. So, in reading more I came accross something that intimated that any mail sent to subdomains suc...

lost mails from entourage 2004
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a question. My Apple recently stopped and I had to reinstall the complete operating system. Before that, I was able to made a copy of my hard disk at another external drive. The most important part was all my old mails which I stored in several maps at the location &quot;at this computer&quot;. Unfortunately I did not make an archive. <br><br>After reinstallisation of the new operating system I also installed the newest version of office (2008). I wanted to co...

Best way to delete e-mails
Imagine user has mailbox at 230MB. User wants to delete all e-mails. She uses webmail only (she works remotely, no Outlook applications installed). What is the best way to delete her e-mails? As far as I can tell Outlook webmail makes people highlight maximum of 14 items and hit the delete button. Should I just delete her mailbox in Exchange and recreate it ? you could use exmerge in "archive" mode to empty it out... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Marlon Brown" <MarlonBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eD5cwjXSHHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl......

Moving Messages
I have got both Outlook and Outlook Express on my computer, can I move messages from Outlook to Outlook Express or vice versa? How? Jeff -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =----- ...

moving favorites from my old Internet Explorer to a new computers
I am trying to move my favorties (links) from my old computer which was Internet Explorer Windows XP to my new computer which is Internet Explorer Windows 7. What ever I try does not work. Any ideas? Thanks Paul B Is this related to Microsoft Outlook somehow? Using IE, click on File > Export/Import and export your bookmarks to a location like your desktop where you can easily find them. Then copy them onto disk and move them over. Copy them from disk to your new PC, open IE, and import them. "Paul B" <PaulB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

exel 2000 st in 21st to move up
how can i get the nd, st, and th in numbers like 21st to move up and get smaller like in word. Hi it's called superscript, but as far as i know you have to do it manually, e.g. type 21 choose format / cells / font - tick superscript, ok type st -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "vikesanimal" <vikesanimal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4F32DA3-2AE8-4C92-AD09-2679B66D0D02@microsoft.com... > how can i get the nd, st, and th in numbers like 21st to move up and get > smaller like in...

Archiving e-mails
Hi! A customer of mine wants to archive e-mails. Specifically they want to set a time-period, like 3 months, all mail older than this is moved out from the Exchange and into the archive. Possible ? Help! regards, Richard In news:Odop7Lv6FHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Richard <richardh2o@hotmail.com> typed: > Hi! > > A customer of mine wants to archive e-mails. Specifically they want > to set a time-period, like 3 months, all mail older than this is > moved out from the Exchange and into the archive. Possible ? > > Help! > > regards, > > Ric...

Article 327378
I am confused about the article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327378. After applying the changes mentioned in the article , how long will it take for the new mailbox limits to enforced? Which registry entry is the amount of time it will take for the changes to take effect? Thank-you Kevin At most it will take two hours. Every two hours Exchange refreshes it's cache of directory items. At that time it pulls down, among other things, all new mailbox limits. You can force this by restarting the Information Store. Teo -- Teo Heras MCSE, CCNA Blog: http...

Mail.dat
All I have a user who is saying that any email he sends with an attachment is showing up on the other side with mail.dat as the attachment and it can't be opened. His sec sends to the same people with the same attachment and it gets there just fine. I heard of this one time when sending from Exch to Lotus but he says these are AOL accounts. We are Outlook 2003 and Exch 2003 SP2 Thanks In news:17BA1DDB-174F-4D1B-B855-6D7249ED275A@microsoft.com, jwilmer <jwilmer@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > All > > I have a user who is saying that any email he sends with an &g...

Not getting my mail
I got a new laptop and it has Windows 7 and I am using the Windows Live mail on it. I get my emails as long as my computer is on and the live mail is up. I get some regular emails everyday but if I don't have my computer up and running before they come in I don't get them. Where do they go? Is there a configuration that I have wrong? Leave a copy of messages on server http://support.tigertech.net/windows-live-mail-lmos "amylwood" <amylwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CF4EE39-D0DE-40EC-910E-A2F55EEFB4CF@microsoft.com... >I go...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...

TAPI interpepts only first incoming call
Hi, I use TAPI functions to intercept incoming calls. All i want is to be advised when the phone rings. I acheive this for the first call but then, if another call is entering, I have no notifications at all. I tried to close some or all from these: the call, the line and the initialisation (lineDrop, lineClose, lineShutdown) If I close all of them and try to reopen the line (lineOpen) after lineInitializeEx, I always get that error: LINEERR_OPERATIONFAILED I use APIversion 0x00020000 I'm quite new in that domain. Thanks. -- Normand ...

New Users can't Access Mailbox
An NT4 BDC with Exchange 5.5 running with W2k3 AD (as PDC emulator) in a single domain. The original NT4 PDC was upgraded in place. Note: old users are those created before the in-place (NT4 to W2k3) upgrade and new users are those created after the upgrade. Why can't new users access their Exch5.5 mailbox while all old users have no problem accessing it? New users can only logon to the domain and that's it. What am I missing? I'm completely lost. Have you specified Primary NT account for mailbox correctly? Compare account properties between old and new, there should be some ...