Move Exchange 5.5 mailboxes from one domain to another

Hi, is there a way to move a bunch of Exchange mailboxes from one
Exchange 5.5 server on one domain to a diferent Exchange 5.5 server on
a different domain?

Many thanks, A
0
cookas (5)

Excel Vb to move a file to a shared network drive????
Hello, I have a simple excel vb file, and i am trying to have the file moved, ** or ** copy/pasted to a network shared drive. we have a network shared drive, called "WDdrop". any CSV, PAS, file copied and pasted into this folder, will print a label to a designated printer. at the present, i have to use 'command buttons' to run the vb script file, then copy the file to the WDdrop... Here is an example of my VB file..... to make it easier to see the lines of concern, I will tab them out some so they stick out!!! :) Sub os_id_4420() ' ' MACRO Macro ' Macro recor...

Open another form showing same filtered records
A2k A subform is filtered by the user to show only the desired records. The user then clicks a command button that opens another form containing a listbox that reflects the same filtered records. I have a recordet clone that shows the correct rs.recordcount in a textbox, but O can't get the listbox to show the correct list of records. -Brad Try this: In the command button get the filter string from the subform strFilterString = Me.Filter Then DoCmd.OpenForm "frm", _ DataMode:=acFormReadOnly, _ WindowMode:=acWindowNormal, _ OpenArgs:=strFilte...

transferring pst files from one hard drive to new hard drive
i downloaded automated backup program from MS. made the backup and now want to transfer to cd so i can load on new hard drive. can't seem to figure out how to save or export or import or ???? currently have MS office 2000 and XP pro with multiple users. back up file is about 220 meg, does this contain all 3 useres files? & if and when i get them somehow on a cd, when i go to load on new drive will it put them in the three seperate users or all in to 1 or ?????? lee <blitz-n-git@att.net> wrote: > i downloaded automated backup program from MS. made the > backup...

Apple Mail Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger and Exchange 2007 IMAP
Hi, Is there a known compatibility issue with IMAP server running on Exchange 2007 and Apple Mail client running on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger? We were using Exchange 2003 IMAP Server earlier to access email on all Apple Mail clients, however after upgrading to Exchange 2007 IMAP Server, the Apple Mail client takes a hell lot of time updating messages from the server to the extent that it becomes unusable. If I install Entourage 2004 on the same Mac computer, then it works pretty well with Exchange 2007 IMAP. However, there is an issue only with Apple Mail and Exchange 2007 IMAP. Has anyone else ...

Small Business Server 2003/Exchange sending duplicates
Our church is using SBS2003. While most of the users are staff members working in the church office, a few of us have mailboxes that we access via Outlook Web Access from home. My wife, a user who connects solely via OWA, is the most frequent e-mailer. She connects, reads text-based e-mail messages generated by a php form on our web site, and then personally forwards those out (bcc:) to a pre-defined group of subscribers. These subscribers are NOT an Exchange Distribution List... they are a user-based Contacts group made up of 75+ external domain recipients. What is happening now is that a...

Determining if an old Exchange 5.5 is the 1st server in the site?
Is there a way to determine if an existing Exchange Server 5.5 box is the 1st server in a site? Is there a document out there that can help? Once that has been determined is there another KB article that talks about removing it from the site other than this one 152959? Thanks for your help. On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 05:39:09 -0800, "TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to determine if an existing Exchange Server 5.5 box is the 1st >server in a site? Is there a document out there that can help? Once that has >been determined is there another KB ar...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 to 2003, does the old server need to move to AD first?
I'm working on migrating from Exchange 5.5 on NT4 to Exchange 2003 on a 2003 domain. I created the 2003 domain and moved all my user accounts over. I have also moved over most all of my workstations and servers. The exchange 5.5 server is still on the old domain. I have a brand new box setup for the Exchange 2003 server. My question is, can I install the active directory connector and pull the info off my Exchange 5.5 server while it is still on the old NT4 domain, or do I need to move it to the 2003 AD domain first? I'd like to make as few changes as possible to the old (very old) ser...

Exchange 2003: Mailbox size vs exchange data file on disk?
I've just done a quick adding up for all my mail boxes on my exchange 2003 server, and it totals around 3.7GB However, the datafiles on disk are: priv1.edb - 4.8GB priv1.stm - 2.8GB What makes up the rest of the space used? I know there are a couple of address lists and 2 public calendars, but that woudlnt even be a hundred meg, let alone a gig! Any ideas? is this normal behaviour? Thanks :) Some items that take up space are Deleted retention items, deleted mailbox settings and deleted public folder retention. Also the database size does not shrink, so there may be empty space in ...

Does anyone know how to get Crystal Reports 8.5 to work on Pervasive SQL.2000i
We're having major problems connecting. For some reason we can't get the ODBC to work. Any Help would be appreciated. I posted a few days ago. If you can help at all, or point me to where I can go, I'd really appreciate it. Julie julietta, What have you tried so far? ave you contacted support? Did you generate your DDF files? send me an email with your contact info and I'll try to help. HS "julietta carpentieri" <potato@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:mrhfr093iddrutcga275di30gfh28l13ca@4ax.com... > We're having major problems connecting. For s...

GP9 server move
When we move GP9 to another server after an upgrade, we had to recreate the users. What is different from GP8 about the security? Is anyone have any doc about the new security feature? Thanks Louis Lous, There are some changes in version 9.0 to help with this. After you move your data to a different server, you should still have a valid 'sa' account on the new server. First, you should make sure tha the database owner is set to DYNSA and not some other user. You can either do this in SQL or just log into the Great Plains Utilities program as 'sa' and it should chang...

Exchange2003 -> Exchange 5.5 recipients
Our head office uses Exch2003 while we are using Exch5.5. They sent me an export of their GAL to import into out Exch server but the file format is not compatible, so I wrote a VBA macro to reformat the import data. This works fine. I noted during my testing that when exporting Custom Recipients from Exch5.5, not all the fields are exported (there was no Business Phone, Office, Title, etc fields in the exported data). I supose this is by nature? And thus I suppose I can not import the same data from the Exch2003 import data? Thanks. -Julian Open Exhange 5.5 in Raw mode (setup.exe /r) the...

Personal Macro Workbook #5
Had a computer malfunction this morning while working in a spreadsheet & this afternoon I notice that all my macros have disappeared. Not only that but when I try to recreate a new one, if I choose to store it in 'Personal Macro Workbook', I get the following message... 'Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording,' followed by 'Unable to record.' What on earth is going on?? Thanks in advance for any ideas that you might have. Montana Apparently the "malfunction" affected or was caused by the Perosnal.xls. Go to He...

How to Change Domain Association of Exchange User?
We have two domains in two differet forests. Domain XXX.com and Domain YYY.com. We migrated our users from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003; however, the users are still associated to our old XXX.com. Some of the users are now in YYY.com but whose accounts are still associated to XXX.com - how do I change it so the users Exchange domain association are also YYY.com (the correct one)? Thanks. In an Exchange 5.5 migration, the primary mailbox owner must be an actual account in AD otherwise the ADC creates an account for the mailbox. Once this happens you have options to re-associate...

Exchange 2003 and Spam Filters
I've got an interesting issue. We caught the Station virus last week and we have been having problems ever since. A few of our workstations caught the virus, started spamming some of the companies that we do a lot of business with and consequently we got listed on Spamhaus. We have two Exchange 2003 SMTP servers connected through a internet mail connector. I checked the two nat'd IP addresses at Spamhaus and they were not listed. After going through all of our external IPs I came up with three IPs with issues. Each of the three IPs is the outside interface IP of our three firewal...

How do you "move" normalemail.dotm (default template)
I'm the support person for our local facility. The remote network guys recently pushed an upgrade to our location for Office 2007. Getting help from them is very difficult. Some of my coworkers use "Quick Parts" to insert text into emails. Unfortunately, when they try to create entries they get an error that normalemail.dotm is read only. The next time they start up Outlook, the text for the quick gallery is empty. After a little research I found out that Outlook is trying to save the changes to the network copy of NormalEmail.DOTM instead of the local mac...

payee names money 5
In the preferred payee names can I add wild-cards? For example can I add a variation of CASH* to a preferred name of CASH to try to convert all downloaded transactions like CASH HSBC 05-12-2004 In microsoft.public.money, marryot5 wrote: >In the preferred payee names can I add wild-cards? For example can I add a >variation of > CASH* to a preferred name of CASH >to try to convert all downloaded transactions like CASH HSBC 05-12-2004 > That is what Show standardized payee names is supposed to do. Search on "standardized" in help. I believe it works well in M...

Exchange 5.5 backup and restore
Hi all! Years ago, I purchased a Windows 2000 Server and Exchange Server 5.5 license for a non-profit project. The server (a PII 350 MHz) is becoming slower and slower and very unstable (IMS stops on a regular basis, and the server won't let me run (Internet) Explorer anymore,) and I want to do a complete re-install of the server. It is very important, that mail, calendar items, recipients, mail enabled public folders, AD objects etc. itsn't lost in the process, so before I start, I would like to hear how you would approach this problem. As a note, I should say that there is only th...

Convert data into one WrapText cell
User's data is as follows: G Data......................... 4 no 5 20 more Data ............... etc where G through 20 is in a single row, and therefore Data occupies 3 rows. I believe this gives me a complete record where the Data occupies more than one row: Sub TestConvertToWrapText() Dim Cell As Range, StartRw As Long Dim EndRw As Long For Each Cell In ActiveSheet.Range("B2:B33") If Not IsEmpty(Cell) Then StartRw = Cell.Row If Not IsEmpty(Cell.Offset(1, 0)) Then EndRw = Cell.End(xlDown).Row...

Exchange 5.5
Hi, I am looking to incorporate the imsext.dll to our Exchange 5.5 setup in order to allow us to append a legal disclaimer at the bottom of all outgoing emails (as described in KB 258206 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185028). I don't own a copy of the Backoffice Resource Kit, however KB 185028 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185028 ) indicates that I can download the "Internet Mail Connector Extension" from "Microsoft's World Wide Web server", with, of course, no links provided. I have seen this DLL posted...

Produce report from two queries from one table?
I am currently working upon a database which is being used to produce pricing qutoes. I have ran two queries to show item of products which have been quoted for and one which shows a sum of the remaing unquoted products. Each product is placed into different sections which relates to its main function, be it electrial or machineary. I am hoping to have a report which will allow me to show all quoted products under the sections, but have the unquoted products for the sections as one line entry in the report. I have ran a normal report showing full list details of both quoted and un-quo...

Change Exchange IP Address
Hello! We requiere to change the IP Address of an Exchange Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP4. We would like to know if someone know if there is a procedure to make this change, transparent to clients, and also want to know what are the possible risks and considerations about this change. Thanks. This change is transparent to clients, as long as you change the approprate A records in DNS. If you're still using WINS, ensure the change gets reflected there as well (should happen automatically). If the server receives inbound internet mail a...

One user checking two account
I have a User(secretary) that need to check the email for a different email account (boss eamil). How do I tell Echcange to allow to view o authorize a user to see the email using only the Exchange connection for user 1 (secretary) Thanks Hi Carlos Try this article 262399 How to Delegate Mailbox Access in Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262399 -- Hope this helps -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

extracting data from one cell to another
I have a sheet that i downloaded from our erp system that has one column with text. the text is long and descriptive. the only thing is the same is that there is one piece that starts with QN then a blank then 11 numbers like this. QN 40000152489. What i want to do is pull that from the text cell to another cell. Is that possible? Try =MID(A2,FIND("QN ",A2),14) and copy down -- HTH Bob "pat67" <pbuscio@comcast.net> wrote in message news:e44c09be-083e-4c7b-ae63-49f0f7ac153a@x5g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... >I have a sheet that i downloaded ...

Moving to a Control
I'm doing a relatively simple after update event procedure that is not letting me go back to the control from which I start. Can you tell me what I need to do? If (Eval("[Forms]![RequestForm]![combo49] Is Null or [Forms]![RequestForm]![periodend] Is Null")) Then Me!Label67.Visible = False Me!ProjEndDate.Visible = True DoCmd.GoToControl "ProjEndDate" DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDelete DoCmd.GoToControl "combo49" End If Exit Sub Scott, Why are you using EVAL( )? BTW, your post doesn't have a closing ')' to the eval functio...

Pivot table move up command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move down, move to beginning and move to end are greyed out. Did you find an answer? Katy MelKC wrote: Pivot table move up command 04-Feb-10 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move d...