Move contents of mailbox - Exchange 2000

Greetings,

Is there a way to move the contents of a user's mailbox to another user?  In
Exchange 2000 without creating .PST files and copying messages manually?

Thanks much.
Tomas

If the other user is NOT yet mailbox enabled, yes

For example:

User A who has the mailbox content you want to give to another user.  If the
mailbox for User A is disconnected in Exchange System Mgr, then you can
reconnect it to User B if User B does not have a mailbox.

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

"Tomas Hawwk" <nomailaddress@nomail.net> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>

> Is there a way to move the contents of a user's mailbox to another user?
In
> Exchange 2000 without creating .PST files and copying messages manually?
>

> Thanks much.
> Tomas

0
mtravers (146)
1/21/2004 7:08:36 PM
Melissa,

Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like the example that you've given will work well in the future --
thanks!

How do you "disconnect" a user from their mailbox?

"Melissa Travers [MSFT]" <mtravers@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If the other user is NOT yet mailbox enabled, yes
>
> For example:
>
> User A who has the mailbox content you want to give to another user.  If
the
> mailbox for User A is disconnected in Exchange System Mgr, then you can
> reconnect it to User B if User B does not have a mailbox.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> --
> Melissa Travers, MCSE
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup
> purposes only.

rights.

> "Tomas Hawwk" <nomailaddress@nomail.net> wrote in message
> > Greetings,
> >

> > Is there a way to move the contents of a user's mailbox to another user?
> In
> > Exchange 2000 without creating .PST files and copying messages manually?
> >

> > Thanks much.
> > Tomas

Hi Tomas

I am sorry for the late reply

In Exchange System Mgr under

Mailboxes -Mailbox Resources

Right click on the mailbox with the Red X and choose reconnect, here you can
browse for a user in AD.

If no mailbox with a RedX appears right click on Mailboxes and choose to run
the cleanup agent

Hope this helps

--

> Melissa,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> It sounds like the example that you've given will work well in the
future --
> thanks!
>
> How do you "disconnect" a user from their mailbox?
>

> "Melissa Travers [MSFT]" <mtravers@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If the other user is NOT yet mailbox enabled, yes
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > User A who has the mailbox content you want to give to another user.  If
> the
> > mailbox for User A is disconnected in Exchange System Mgr, then you can
> > reconnect it to User B if User B does not have a mailbox.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > --
> > Melissa Travers, MCSE
> > Microsoft Exchange Support
> >
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup
> > purposes only.

> rights.
> >

> > "Tomas Hawwk" <nomailaddress@nomail.net> wrote in message
> > > Greetings,
> > >

> > > Is there a way to move the contents of a user's mailbox to another
user?
> > In
> > > Exchange 2000 without creating .PST files and copying messages
manually?

> > > Thanks much.
> > > Tomas

0
mtravers (146)

Outlook 2000 Error #11
I had to re-install Windows and all programs and now when I try to send/receive mail through Outlook 2000 it gives me the message that Internet Mail is not regestered properly. Please re-install and try again. I use the Office 2000 CD and have used the repair function to re- install and finally totally un-install and re-install and I always get the same message. I am running Windows 98SE. It worked fine before I had to re-install. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for all of your help and input. Dale ...

Exchange 2k Journaling Problem
The company I work for is going to be moving locations in the next couple of months and, due to the move and several other factors, our email server will be down for a couple of days. As a stop gap measure, we have contracted with a 3rd party, Front Bridge AMC, to handle the email for us during that time period. The Front Bridge AMC maintains 30 days worth of email for each user and allows web access to their email, similiar to OWA. Email that arrives from an external source (hotmail for example) destined for the company I work for is captured, as is internal email destined for outsi...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and SBS 2003
My company has a server running SBS 2003. When running Baseline Security Analyzer I noticed that I needed to update our SBS Exchange 2003 to SP1 (BSL referred to our current version as Exchange 2003 Gold). I downloaded SP1 but was unable to locate any installation guidelines in the release notes. Should I just install the update during off hours? Please let me know if any installation instructions or guidelines exist. Thank you for your help. A Beck The release notes http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/sp1rn.mspx and online help http://www.microsof...

"Additional mailboxes" appearing more than once
[X-Posted to microsoft.public.outlook, microsoft.public.outlook.general] Setup: ------ Exchange Server 2000 (Small Business Server) Windows XP SP 1 & SP 2 Office 2003 (and SP 1) Roaming profiles Problem: -------- In the "Folder List", under "All Folders", mailboxes added using the "Open these additional mailboxes" are appearing more than once. Also, "Public Folders" is appearing twice. Additional: ----------- * This only happens with some of my users, but there is no common factor between them. * It doesn't seem to matter which machine they...

Mailbox Cleanup #3
Why do I get this every week? This is a new exchange server with about 15 users. (0 mailboxes) The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2007-01-14 00:11:03 Completed at: 2007-01-14 00:11:03 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB Did I set something up wrong? I thought this was a periodic cleanup routine.. Do you have a Recipient Policy with Mailbox Manager settings that has a LDAP filter that doesn't pick up any users? -- Bharat Sun...

Can I mouse over an object and make it move?
I'm going to have a survey question on a slide where the answer is a number. I'm going to have small icons with the numbers on them (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5+). I only want the icon with the number 3 on it to be "clickable" and send them to the next slide. The other icons I want to move to another spot on the page if they mouse over the icon. Is this possible? How do I do this? Thanks in advance for any help! In article <AA0384FC-8446-44EC-8509-C71324B4F2A1@microsoft.com>, Sharpie wrote: > I'm going to have a survey question on a slide where the answer is a ...

Existing Exchange 03 server to new Domain
We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain. We would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain. Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding anything on Microsoft's website. you can only have one Exchange Org per AD Forest...are you trying to have two different ones or is this a child domain type of thing? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147294933.261759.288080@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com.....

The mailbox objects that won't die.
I have a windows 2003 exchange server in my organization that had some email users that were deleted.Although the email users are gone from my exchange 2003 system manager they are still showing up on my exchange 5.5 organization. I purged them this morning thinking that would do the trick but no dice. It has been about 24 hrs since I deleted them. Will these go away or is there some way to manually remove the objects out of the 5.5 site? That is a function of the ADC connection agreements. Have you looked at the event log on your ADC server lately? -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio...

Excel 2000 Shared Workbook Missing Worksheets
I am experiencing a problem in an Excel 2000 shared workbook. Worksheets are continously missing from the shared workbook. Users are connecting to the shared workbook using a Citrix connection. They enter their data into the worksheet and then save the workbook. The shared workbook is password protected so that users can not get exclusive rights and delete or move sheets. I've also tried tracing the changes and looking at the history to find the problem. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchange 5.5 Error Message "Application Log Full"
This is the relavent information from the Application Log: Event ID: 2125 Source: MSExchnageMTA Type: Warning Catagory: Resource Description: Statistics for the DBI call (DB Server): file writes GATEWAY, reads 37, cache hits 275, misses %5. Attribute %6, value number %7, Object ID: %8 (00000000 => N/A). Caller %12 [%9 %10 %11] (8) I'm having a hard time making sense of this error message. Vaguely, it looks like a system call to a DB server that is misbehaving in some way. I've tried restarting the MSExchangeMTA service, to no avail. Can somone point me in the right dire...

Can't get rid of mailbox??
I have a user that was disabled, then removed from the domain, but I can't get rid of this _DIS <username> from showing in the Mailbox Resources screen. Any ideas? Thanks!! Do you have mailbox retention set up (30 days by default)? Is the mailbox showing up in Mailbox Resources with a Red 'X' on it? Is it if you run the clean up agent? If it is showing up with the red 'X' and you have mailbox retention set that is why it is still there. You can manually purge it by right clicking on it in Mailbox Resources and choosing 'Purge.' -- Hope that hel...

Mailbox/Folder Sizes
Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and Folders? Thanks, Jeff In news:fejk42tj37tcaq1s2j3k2qmn20m91nt7gd@4ax.com, Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> typed: > Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and > Folders? > > Thanks, > Jeff In ESM, you can see the size of each mailbox, but it won't break it down into subfolders. you can see the sizes from "Mailboxes" in the ESM...you have to drill down from Administrative Groups, to Servers, to Storage Groups, to Mailbox Stores...but from there you cannot see ...

Activity Creation by Exchange Connector
We're investigating the use of the connector to create activities for incoming email that relates to CRM records. I think a good solution would be for CRM to create activities for all incoming messages that come from an email address that matches a Lead, Contact, and Account. If a matching address does not exist, the user would be required to promote the message using SFO -- or copy and paste. I have tried both options for converting incoming email and neither seem to be close to what I want: - All incoming.... creates and activity for *all* messages, even if it cannot match the se...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 Error Report
Hi, Just to get helps on the following : I've the Microsoft Outlook 2000 (come with Ms Office 2000 Premium with full installation) installed on the Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1. Had configured the corporate Internet Email as well. The problem is when sometime trying to type a new or replied or forwarding of email which is going to be send out, then will prompt the error report message. After i click on do not send, then it will straight away closed the whole Outlook 2000 application & the mail without saved the message. So i've to re-open again and re-type...

Mailbox Rights #11
I was trying to give a supervisor access to a terminated user's mailbox. It was not working. I do not know why. I must have done something while troubleshooting because now I can not access the mailbox at all. Even if I log on as the user after re-enabling. Please help. -- MC On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:01:02 -0700, Mike C <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was trying to give a supervisor access to a terminated user's mailbox. It >was not working. I do not know why. I must have done something while >troubleshooting because now I can not access the mai...

exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5
can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate orgs, can users view each others address list? You might try this link for help, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;238573 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mostro" <oveloz@glas**flossnospam.com> wrote in message news:10f59d91kildved@corp.supernews.com... > can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate > orgs, can users view each others address list? > > ...

Exchange Server Problem (I need help)
Hello to you all! The medical clinic I work at has a network. We all have our own email address. Mine, for example is lpeacock@elcardiologist.com. The problem is this. I can send out email as much as I want and they go where I need them to go. However, when anyone attempts to send any of us email, to our work, we don't get them. Now we had experianced some MAJOR problems recently in the past to where the actual IT lady had to set everything back up because things just went down. So our email accounts worked without any problems. But now, we can't recieve anything from an...

Exchange 2003 And Multiple Managers
We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. Any help on how this would be achieved would be greatly appreciated. "Davie" <dxw@mms.co.uk> wrote: >We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple >Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different >Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. > >Any help on how this would ...

Access 2000 or 2002 on Vista ?
Any known issues? Need a new laptop, looks like Vista is being dictated now. Thanks, There's no difference between the way Access 2000 and 2002 run on Vista. If you are using multiple versions of Access on the laptop, see: Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista at: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html If you are connecting the laptop to other machines that run Vista, watch out for this bug that destroys databases: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935370 There's a hotfix here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935366/ -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP...

Ungroup a pivot table in XL 2000
I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. In XL2002, if I want to ungroup them, I can use the PivotTable toolbar. I also have to do this in XL2000, but I don't see the same tool bar. How do you ungroup a pivot table in XL2000? -- Thanks, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail You can right-click on the field button in the pivot table, and choose 'Group and Outline'. OR, select the cell that contains the field button On the Standard toolbar, choose Data>Group and Outline Fred Smith wrote: > I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. > > In ...

how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server
I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live and somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I cannot open outlook...how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server.__ -- lje Use the Mail applet in the control panel to add the Exchange account type back. "laurna" <laurna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D930AED-BB12-499E-996D-6FAF98D5B598@microsoft.com... >I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live >and > somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I ...

Incorrect Exchange/Mailbox details
Hi, I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook 2003 closes without giving me the option to change them. When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load. A box opens with the text 'Configuring Outlook Accounts' 'Creating Welcome Message' Then another box opens with the error - 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and connected) The only option here is to click the OK button Another box opens titled Microso...

Routing the emails for another ISP (Exchange 2000)
Hello, I am analyzing a situation for a client: I has a LAN that has 4 PCs, assigned to 4 local users, each one has an email account (Exchange 2000). But emails should not be routed for the ISP that is being used, they must be routed for another ISP set. What options do I have for this. I hope you understand my question. Thanks. ...