Mounting old Data Stores

Hi.

Due to problems with Win2003 SBS, I did a reinstall of Win2003 SBS sp1 from
original CD-s. Before 'deleting' the old Windows, I made an ASR tape backup
of the running server. It seams the ASR backup backed up only drive C: with
all relevant data. As other data were on drive D: (Exchange data files, SQL
data files,...), I backed up the D: drive too to a separate tape in a
separate ntbackup session.

Before the backup I used Exmerge to export all users mailboxes. Later I
imported those mailboxes in a new Exchange installation.
Unfortunately the user forgot to told me, they have some data in Public
Folders too (they told me exporting Public Folders isn't necesary :( ). Heh
.... now they would like to get back the data from Public Folders :(

So I restored the old 'pub1.edb' + 'pub1.stm' + log files and try to
reconnect the Public folders (NOTE: I don't have Exchange 2003 Enterprise {1
Storage Group limit}, so I unmounted existing public folders, replace the
files and try to mount it, however the mount request failed).

Is there any 'easy' way to mount the old public Data Store as I don't have
the Restore.ENV file for restoring them? Actually I only need to get some
contacts from it, so if there is any SQL like interface to edb files or
anything similar, it would be enough.

Thanks and best regards,
Dezo

In news:6D4FECF1-6E0D-4700-9459-BBBEDE92D207@microsoft.com,
Damir Dezeljin <DamirDezeljin@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hi.
>
> Due to problems with Win2003 SBS, I did a reinstall of Win2003 SBS
> sp1 from original CD-s. Before 'deleting' the old Windows, I made an
> ASR tape backup of the running server. It seams the ASR backup backed
> up only drive C: with all relevant data. As other data were on drive
> D: (Exchange data files, SQL data files,...), I backed up the D:
> drive too to a separate tape in a separate ntbackup session.
>
> Before the backup I used Exmerge to export all users mailboxes. Later
> I imported those mailboxes in a new Exchange installation.
> Unfortunately the user forgot to told me, they have some data in
> Public Folders too (they told me exporting Public Folders isn't
> necesary :( ). Heh ... now they would like to get back the data from
> Public Folders :(
>
> So I restored the old 'pub1.edb' + 'pub1.stm' + log files and try to
> reconnect the Public folders (NOTE: I don't have Exchange 2003
> Enterprise {1 Storage Group limit}, so I unmounted existing public
> folders, replace the files and try to mount it, however the mount
> request failed).
>
> Is there any 'easy' way to mount the old public Data Store as I don't
> have the Restore.ENV file for restoring them? Actually I only need to
> get some contacts from it, so if there is any SQL like interface to
> edb files or anything similar, it would be enough.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Dezo

You might want to take a look at Recovery Manager for Exchange from
www.quest.com or the equivalent tools from OnTrack (PowerControls) for this
purpose.

0
lanwench (7567)

Share data across web applications?
I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one web application to another, on the same web server and running within the same website. I'm using .NET Framework v2.0 on a Windows 2003 server (IIS 6.0). Jason Barnett wrote: > I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this > possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? > > I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one...

Whats the best web based store for integrating with RMS?
Hi, in the past monts I opened a topic about RMS integration with yahoo stores... and i found that fully integration is not a reality at this moment. What other web based stores can be integrated easily or fully or at least well integrated with RMS? (im planning to purchase the QH for RMS too) Thanks Hello Aldo! We have quite a few carts that will work with Microsoft RMS. Our Web Integrator: Professional is quite robust with its feature set, and affordably priced. http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Professional.htm http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Web%20Integrator...

Magento Web Store experience?
Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share with the Magento Web Store and interfacing it to GP? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com ...

Convert time stored as decimalised number to time format
Hello How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? -- Emma Emma A1/24 and formate as time Mike Rogers "Emma" wrote: > Hello > How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? > -- > Emma ...

Keeping the format but update the data
I have a report I run everyday. I want to update the data, but keep the column sizes and formatting. Any suggestions? Anybody suggest a good ebook to become more formuliar with excel? JoeM JoeM, this could be as simple as recording a macro during the formatting of the sheet after importing the data once. Then each day, after importing the new data, you simply run that macro. As for online eBook's for Excel, I'm not actually aware of any although I suspect a Google search would turn up several. It's hard to beat the "For Dummies..." series of hardcopy...

Installed Exchange 2003 Server on new Hardwar... How to get rid of old Exchange 2000 Server?
Hi, Our single domain company (Win 2000 DC's) was running a single Exchange 2000 server. I bought a new server, installed Windows 2003 Server on it, joined it to the domian (non-DC) and then installed Exchange 2003 Server on that and joined it to the site. I then pointed our MX records towards the new box. As soon as I verified connectivity, I began moving user's mailboxes over 1 by 1. Everyone is now running smoothly on the new server. I have not as of yet removed the old server (still on, running, no mialboxes). The problem is, that as soon as I turn off the old Exchange 2000 s...

SBS2003
I am running Small Business Server 2003. The server was built and installed about 2 months ago. Everything worked great till about a week ago (no changes made on server). The information store grew to 16 Gig. I did online defrag and offline defrag. Event log says I have 15 Gig free after defrag. 2 hours later it is out of space again. I have defraged this about 5 times now and need help to fix. I only have 5 users and none of them have more than 500 MB in mailbox. You either have a mail loop set up or are being used as a relay or are just getting spam bombed. You need to enable message ...

How do I get the data/xml/export option
My export option is disabled under data/xml tab. What is the exact feature I need to install to get this export xml option. I didn't install all the option during excel installation. Which specific install tab are required during excel installation? thanks Nick One way would be to do a web query, first preformat the cells as text, then do the query (data>import external data>new web query), put in the web site address, select the part you want to import, under properties select preserve cell formatting and do the import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pleas...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

Import data from Excel with main tasks and subtasks
I'm new to MS Project and need help with importing data from Excel into Project 2000. The data consists of Work Request numbers, individual phase numbers for the Work Request, name of each phase, and (phase) start and end dates. I can open the Excel file in Project and map the fields, however, the data shows up as individual tasks. I need to have the Work Request number and project name be a main, or top-level, task, and the data related to the phases be sub-tasks. Here's an example of how the raw data appears in the Excel file: WorkReq# ProjectName Phase# P...

Can I move the data files?
I just installed Money 2005. I let it take most of the defaults, It choose to store the data files in \My Documents. I would like to move all of them to \My Documents\My Money. Is there a way to do that? -- Simplest way is to use My Computer or Windows Explorer. Navigate to your ..mny file, click on it, click on edit > copy, navigate to where you want the ..mny file to live and click on edit > paste. When the file is in it's new home, double click on the file name. This will call up Money and this will then remember where it found the file. Now go back to the original locati...

Move data from column to rows HELP!!!
Hi thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, currently i have column that has thousands of rows of information in it, it looks lik this A 40432 432654 3432 532543 32432 523 53425 532532 532 523 532 111 222 333 666 numbers that go on into mabye the 5000-6000 range what i need to do is have that data moved So it looks like this A | B | C 40432 | 32432 | 532 432654 | 523 | 523 3432 | 52432 | 111 532543 | 532532 | 222 So on and so on, so instead of 1 column with 6000 lines it ...

Copying specific data from Word to Excel
What I need to do is 1) Extract the monetary amount (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters BPR. 2) Extract the number (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters TRN. 3) Place the numbers in the same row on an Excel spreadsheet. 4) Repeat to the end of the document. Sample data BPR*I*925.79*C*ACH*CCP*01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx**01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*20091126~TRN*1*999999999*xxxxxxxxxxxx The file I need to extract from is always text. Is this better done from a Word macro or an Excel macro. Or can it be done at al...

Free/Busy data setting in OWA
We implemented Exchange 2003 and pushed a client setting to all users to extend the number of months available in free/busy to 12 months with a group policy. It works fine if everyone is using the outlook client when they are in the office. But, if a user works at home one day or goes to a conference and does anything that updates the free/busy data, the OWA overwrites the users free/busy data setting it back to 2 months of free/busy available. Where can I set the free/busy data number of months available, in OWA? Is it a policy setting? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:54:01 -0800, SKS <sks...

Import data not in correct format
Import data reads: Need to do statistical anaysis on hundreds of numbers and Cell value # of Cells don't want to enter the numbers by hand. 3 1 4 2 Would like: Cell Value 3 4 4 ...

Restoring Exchange Data
HI. I experienced a crash with my Windows 2000 server which is the Global Catalog and dns server. Anyhow in my infinite wisdom I decided to do soemthing with the exchange server and in the meantime - it blew any active directory info which had replicated to the exchange server. The Exchange server was a part of the domain with AD installed, etc. The exch. server is a running windows 2003 server w/ exch. server 2003. Fast forward...I rebuilt the Windows 2000 server and its backup. I also rebuilt the Exchange Server...not completely knowing how to proceed....I installed w2k3 with all ...

Adding data to a list
I have a list of data that I want to add to or subtract from and I would like to be able to click on a button which would bring up a text box where I could insert the new data then sort the new list. Thanks, Mike Take a look at data>form -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mike" <mike@ehb-docks.fsbusiness.co.uk> wrote in message news:bultp0$8ee$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... > I have a list of data that I want to add to or subtract from and I would > like to be able to click on a button which would bring up a text box where I > could insert the new data then sort the ne...

center data labels on my column chart
How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of each column on my chart? Thanks. Click on one of the labels (that will select all the labels in the series) Choose Format>Selected Data Labels Select the Alignment tab From the Label Position dropdown, choose Center Immediately after formatting the first series, if there are other series in the chart -- Select a label in another series Press the F4 button on the keyboard, to repeat the formatting from the previous series Repeat for all series Dan wrote: > How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of > e...

"How do I get rid of old records in an Pivot Table?
The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous spreadsheets Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html AyPee wrote: > > The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared > out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous > spreadsheets -- Dave Peterson The web-link was very helpful, thank you. I was about to reprogram and build my pivot tables to get rid of the obsolete item...

topographical data maps in excel
I have seen this done, and would like to know how to create topgraphical maps of data sets using excel. I want to take a sample of data ponts and plot the points (easy), than color the plot based upon the values of the points You seem to have been neglected by our community. Yes, it can be done, if I understand your intention correctly. The topography in your approach means, in a sense, the 3D chart. The first two of the three values defininig each point specify the x- and y-coordinates (like on a map); the third value is represented by prescribed colors or shades. You must have you...

Get External Data
I have the Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition of Office 2003 on my home computer. I have occasion to use the Get External Data, New Database Query function in some of the work I bring home from work. On my version it says it is not installed. Does the Student and Teacher edition of Office 2003 in Excel have that option or will I need to upgrade to a different edition to get that function? Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany John wrote: > I have the Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition of > Office 2003 on my home computer. I have occasio...

Get Subform Data
I'm looking for a way to get the data from a chosen record in a continuous subform. I have a customer form and a continuous subform with all of the charges associated with the customer. Is it possible to have a button on the form, prompt the user to highlight a record (the charge info.) in the continuous subform and get the information about the charge? If there is not a way to do this, I'm pretty sure that I can achieve what I want to do via a list box. Open the subform in design view, and set its Record Selectors property to Yes. (This is a property of the Form, not o...

Dynamic references in diagram source data?
Have encountered problems when copying and pasteing diagrams and their source data areas. I wish to exclude the $ signs in the source data formulas in order for the diagrams to retrieve data from different areas in the same spreadsheet. This however seems impossible because excel automatically reinsert the $ signs when I manually remove them from the source data formulas. Any thoughts? Thanks. -- Olzki ...

How to bind an ActiveX control to a Data Control?
I am building an ActiveX control and I need to bind my control to a data control when using it in VB6. My control is a multi column List. I know I should add a property called "DataSource" that returns the recordset of the Data control, then should move into the recordset and add the records one by one to my list. The question is how can I add the DataSource property and be able to read from the data control and retrieve the data. Is there a direct way or should I do it manually? ...