I have been told that this is not best practice we have gone ahead and done
this we where having a great deal of difficulty getting the public folders to
replicate. The public folder mail box was incorrectly named I used ADSIedit
to change the mail box name in AD but this didn't work.

So in the end we went for a dirty fix (users had lost access to public
folders for one day already) and dismounted then copied the exchange 2000
public databases to the 2003 box and mounted them there with apparent success.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this? Can I expect this
solution to work in the long term? We exported all of the public folders to
PST (prior to dismounting the databases)  so we can upload them to the new
server if necessary.
0
dupebrad (1)

Here's what I would do:

1. bring up a temporary Exchange 2003 server and see if you can get the
public folders to replicate to it.
2. if it works, then delete the Exchange 2000 pub.edb from the production
server and create a new, empty pub.edb
3. replicate the public folders back to the production server and tear down
the temporary server.

"emo" <dupebrad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have been told that this is not best practice we have gone ahead and done
> this we where having a great deal of difficulty getting the public folders
> replicate. The public folder mail box was incorrectly named I used
> ADSIedit
> to change the mail box name in AD but this didn't work.
>
> So in the end we went for a dirty fix (users had lost access to public
> folders for one day already) and dismounted then copied the exchange 2000
> public databases to the 2003 box and mounted them there with apparent
> success.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this? Can I expect this
> solution to work in the long term? We exported all of the public folders
> PST (prior to dismounting the databases)  so we can upload them to the new
> server if necessary.

0
awebb7472 (650)

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

error sending from 5.5 to 2000
When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000, they receive the following error: The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the recipient postal address was not known at this address The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060 <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1> The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server. I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377 being anything close to my problem. I checked the entr...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

Excel 2003 extract repeating cells

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Outlook 2003 attachments.
When an email comes in with say a word attachment, i go to open the attachment the only option i get is 'save to disk' or cancel. It gives a message saying that this file might contain a virus etc. etc. This happens with all attachments. How can i change it so there is a open button also. The pc is windows 2000 sp 4 with Office 2003. Regards ...

publisher 2003 #38
Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , opening "my computer" is also slow ??? can any one help with this issue ?? That could be a multitude of things. And I'd even guess that most are not Office related. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "zed" wrote: > Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 > and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , > opening "my c...

Publisher 2003 & IE 8
I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003. Lately people using IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom. People using Chrome are just fine. Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 & Publisher 2003? There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to these issues and a Service Patch that has been issue...

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

Excel 2000 macro security Level
Hi! I am running an ASP.NET application which ideally opens an Exce spreadsheet with a macro included in it. When I try opening spreadsheet without a macro, everything works fine, but with macros, i hangs on the opening command. I tried to go to Excel 2000 and go t Tools->Macros->Security Level->Low but it still hangs when I try t open the macro spreadsheet. All works fine with the spreadsheet no containing macros, so it really is a question of macro security. But put it to low, so I don't understand how it is still not opening!! An help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and...

Default Exchange Receive Connector
Hi all, I just installed Exchange 2007. There were two receive connectors already setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive Connector." If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions Group Tab" of that connector? Robert Exchange Server 2007: internet email without Edge servers http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/07/exchange-server-2007-internet-email.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia....

Cannot move emails between folders

Hyperlnk to a cd-rom folder
How but a exel file that has hyper links to the folders on that cd rom with out naming a drive letter since everyone has a different drive letter for their cd rom??? Thanks The excel workbook is stored on that same CD? If yes, this worked ok for me in xl2002 and using my harddrive (not CDROM). File|properties Hyperlink Base: \ (just the backslash) Then I could insert hyperlinks via Insert|Hyperlink and just leave the drive letter off. If the workbook is not on the same cd, you could have a file on the cd to look for, search the CDdrives and determine the drive letter. Then have your mac...

SP2 Exchange default disclaimer
Hello: I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on Standard Exchange 2003 server. Thanks, Cindy I'm running the CTP of Exchange 2003 SP2 and haven't seen that as a feature. "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D2E367-BEB9-49BF-98D3-5C1AE2D08B03@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on > outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on > Standar...

I deleted my Public Folder under IIS By Mistake
I have deleted my Public Folder Virtual Folder in the IIS Manager by Mistake How can I re-create this so that users can use the Public Folders through OWA again Any help Cheers, You have a back up strategy every night right? If so copy it from the back up, if not, you need to have all of yoru databases log files. try this; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184 ...

Store limit in Exchange
I'm currently researching the migration of my organization's mail system to Exchange and see that the standard edition of Exchange has a data store limit of 16GB. If we were to do a front end, back end setup with two server and the back end server that has the data store were to reach the 16GB limit would adding another back end server resolve this? I read in another post that this would double the space. But doing this the users that are currently create would have to be split up and some moved to the new data store server correct? Also since the Enterprise edition allows m...