mounting a IS from other server?

I want to delete my existing exchange because it's seriously broken, and =
for the test i wanted to know if i can mount a IS from another server in =
my test server.
0
glovato (54)

You need to do the following:

1. The test Exchange server must be installed with the same Org, Admin
Group, Storage Group and Database names
2. Configure the test server database file names with the same names as
production
3. Dismount the test server database
4. Delete the database and log files on the test server
5. On the test server database, check the option "This database can be
overwritten by a restore"
6. Copy the production database files over
7. Mount the database

Regards,

"Guillermo Lovato" wrote:

> I want to delete my existing exchange because it's seriously broken, and for the test i wanted to know if i can mount a IS from another server in my test server.

0
WillJones (1)

Is there something wrong with the online quote server?
I haven't been able to get the online quote since last Sunday (a day ago) till now. As I am using a very old version of MS Money (Money 98 version 6.0), I am wondering if it's really the server down? or they now stop support this old version? Any one using newer version also experience this problem? The error I am getting is ... Headlines: the target server is unavailable right now. Try connecting again later. As the status shows "your call completed successfully", seems like this message has been given by the server. Bosco. ...

Entourage hangs on downloading email from server
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Suddenly, it connects to the server and shows that it has 5 messages to download, but it just hangs there. I've checked the list of messages on the service and none have large attachments; I've even deleted them all. . still nothing. ...

EX2003
Hello all. I'm a little rusty :) We run Exchange 2003 on two servers: A is a Front-End server only (OWA/Spam etc) - and B is a back-end server with a single storage group and single mailbox store and plublic folder store. B is on old hardware and we need to migrate to new hardware. Options? 1 - disaster recovery restore? 2 - install fresh on new server as same name; do DR install of exchange; restore IS 3 - install fresh on new server, migrate users across. We are considering option 3. Questions:- 1 - is this the best way? Any "how to" steps anywhere on line? 2 - Does thi...

Leave Mail On Server? #2
Is there the option of leaving incoming e-mails on the server for x days in Outlook like there is in Eudora? If so where? I looked. TX aaaaa wrote: > Is there the option of leaving incoming e-mails on the server for x > days in Outlook like there is in Eudora? If so where? I looked. It's an advanced property of the e-mail *account* that you defined in Outlook. That way, you can have some account default to deleting from the server when polled and having others that leave messages on the server when polled. On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 17:43:42 -0600, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> w...

CRM Desktop Client for Outlook on Terminal Server
Hi! I've managed to get the CRM Outlook client working for a couple of users on a terminal server. However to get it to work I need to install the client for each user which seems a bit unnecessary. I've tried to use the "Microsoft CRM 3.0 Desktop Client for Outlook Deployment with Terminal Server" which I found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cbad1af7-8fde-40f2-8df5-935a363f87d9&DisplayLang=en. I modified the "terminstall.cmd" file and used the command "terminstall.cmd install" for a TS user but it didn't see...

Can't send email externally from server
Hi everyone, I have a server running Windows 2003. I have set up the POP3 service according to this guide: http://www.ilopia.com/Articles/WindowsServer2003/EmailServer.aspx I've set up the mail server using my domain, configured the email server with the appropriate settings, added a mail box, and configured the smtp server. I then configured outlook express just so I can test the email is working correctly. I have enabled the setting "My server requires authentication" but I get this error: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server...

Exchange dependency active directory roles server
Hello, Last week I started to create a segregated copy of my domain. I have both identical hardware of my roles server (PDC) and my exchange server. I have a large WAN and multiple global catalog servers. In exchange topography I see both in site and out of site DC. I have two DCs in site and 10+ out of site. Problem: When I brought my roles server offline so that I could take a ghost image of the server my Exchange server stopped working. My client could not connect. During this problem I released I only have one RUS Enterprise Configuration and one Domain configuration server list...

Unable to connect to server Error 0x800ccc0e
I've tried to google for this solution but to this point have not made any progress. This computer is running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000, the computer is able to receive email but can't send. Every time I try and send email I get the error. "Unable to connect to server" SERVERNAME Error# 0x800ccc0e I've found some work around for windows XP but can't seem to follow them with Windows 2000 THANKS FOR THE HELP Hi Not sure what you have tried but here are a few things... Try to telnet to your server if this doesn't work you need to contact your ISP otherwi...

Exchange System Manager: Server not Operational
Anytime I click on Exchange System Manager what I get is "Server not operational" error.This also prevents me from loading Active Directory users and Computers.What could be the cause of this problem as I have checked the event log for possible causes but didnt find anything. We run Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 SP1.Thanks for helping out. -- Buchi Check the service, runnning or not. If its not the pb, you must have a pb with the memory management. "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 8E5FFB3B-FBE5-4BD...

Queue entries and SMTP server
My client has an SBS2003 server and one of the staff decided to send a 4mb file to 30 recipients. The Queues folder shows the 30 destination domains with no messages. Most of the time they are flagged as ready/active then change to retry. I also checked the %exchsrvr%\vsi 1\queue folder and it is empty. Oddly, the SMTP service is working overtime sending something out (the ISP confirms heaps of data on port 25) preventing any other traffic being transmitted or received. Stopping the SMTP service stops the traffic. I have scanned for viruses and spyware and the system is clean. I have ap...

Displaying FileStream from SQL Server 2008 to Access 2007
I have a FileStream in SQL Server 2008 and I have Access 2007 front ends. I am trying to keep the images secure, backedup, and mobile with the SQL Server. I am not sure how to display the FileStream on the Access Front side. I am able to load and get the FileStream working fine, but Access just doesn't see it to display on the form. I am using an ODBC link connection and the Access link makes it an OLE Object. Any thoughts? Thanks ...

Realistic Hardware Requirements for Project 2010 SQL SERVER BOX
It has been said that the recommended hardware requirements for a Project Server 2010 box is: 64-bit dual quad-core processors 8GB of RAM or more 200GB disk space at RAID 1 Wonder what capacity that would support? We may end up purchasing a new box for this purpose, but I was wondering what would work well as a SQL SERVER box? For example, I'll soon have available a machine with XEON 2 x dual core processors running at 2.33GHZ 4GB RAM 135GB disk space Would this suffice for a Project 2010 SQL Server box for, say 400-500 project managers and 2000-3000 web users? ...

Import Outlook/ACT etc contacts to SQL Server table
Guys Does anyone know of a 3rd party module/plug-in for VS or even some downloadable code that enables the import of Outlook/ACT and similar contact information through an ASP.NET page into a SQL Server table with ongoing 1-click button sync. I need to replicate something similar to the Intellisync tool used in Yahoo Mail. regards Andy ...

Deleted Server Reappearing in Organisation
Hi all, I have 3 Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers and one Exchang 2k server in an organisation. One of the servers was delted from the organisation and removed. Used the consistancy adjuster to sort out the problem of the MTA queues being left behind. My servers were recently rebooted and after the reboot the deleted server re-appeared in the organisation. Does any one have an answer why this happened. Server deleted OK second time round but have not rebooted yet to see if it comes back. Regards Peter This server may still be in active directory. We can use ADSI Edit to check for this. ADSI...

Sql Server 2008 installation problem
Hello Gurus Here is an interesting problem I now have several Sql Server 2008 servers set up at the company. I have installed several times the client tool for this server this set up is for users and low level admins. On one machine the load keeps failing.... During the process it tells me to reboot the machine then starts all over again with the first steps of the istallation then reboot again. Someone mentioned that you could not load SQL Server 2008 if you have a copy of Sql server 7.0 and SQL server2000 and SQL server2005 on the same box? Is that true? Wisord *** Sent via D...

More than one Exchange server/replication
Hi folks, I have some questions for you Exchanges gurus :-) Scenario: Old setup) one SMTP mail GW and exchange 2000. The gw forwards all mail to the exchange 2000 after spam and virus check. Everythings work. New setup) one exchange 2003 as a front end server, one exchange 2003 as a back end server and also the exchange 2000 server that we had before. All the users that are on the ex2k are still talking to the owa on that box. I moved one user to the new server. That user can see he's mailbox, send mail but does not get any new mail. When I look at the Queues for the servers ...

Internal VS External Access to Exchange Server
Hi all.. Problem: Internal Domain Name of domain.local External Domain Name of domain.com Exchange server named server.domain.local and RPC port published on mail.domain.com How do you publish DNS data for laptop users who wish to move seamlessly between internal connectitivy to the server.domain.local and external connectivity to the published RPC port on mail.domain.com??? (Pls without using hosts file as this is a bit of an issue with senior managers) Thanks Jay On Thu, 12 May 2005 13:13:23 +0100, "Jason Fitzpatrick" <jason_fitzpatrick_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote...

Replication of exchange servers
Dear all I have exchange 2000 sp3 os as server 2000 At a diffrent physical location.Not perfroming well because of hardware probs.We decided for another exchange at inhouse .The old server is online .I just installed server 2003 server and exchange 2003 enterprise edition .I want to replicate the both server and later i will switch off the old one.i want to keep alll users and data base as it is right now.i have Good bandwidth at both t5he places.The mx aentries are mail.domainname.com and mail1 domainname.com so please suggest . Thanks in advance Baljinder -- Sony If you have ...

Please verify the server information in your account properties
I am trying to send an email and I am getting an error message that says please verify the server information in your account properties. I don't know what this is. Any suggestions from anyone. LPJ wrote: > I am trying to send an email and I am getting an error message that says > please verify the server information in your account properties. I don't > know what this is. Any suggestions from anyone. You sure that message doesn't give you a URL link at the e-mail provider's web site that gives you instructions on just what you are supposed to d...

Migration NT4 PDC and Exchange 5.5 to ADC DC and Exchange 2003 server
Hi, We have 500 clients network. Network Domain Controller is NT 4.0 and e-mail server is Exchange 5.5 SP4. I'm planning migrate Active Directory and Exchange 2003 server. But when migration time users must logon PDC and send and receive e-mail. How can start this migration? I think, I must build new network, aetup all machines (DC and Exchange) Do you tell this migration step by step. How can start? Thank you Try this link http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/messsyst.mspx Have a look at Planning to Move from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 "...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP log
I am running Exchange server 5.5 on a LAN. How can I track email by user. I would like to see what email a user receives and sends on a daily basis. Can I do this with Exchange (and so yes how) or is their a 3rd party software package I can purchase? ...

Removing and Echange server in Outlook and keeping folders
I have to remove an Exchange server from a customer's network. I'm having trouble though finding out how to download the Exchange folders to personal folders so that they do not lose all emails in the process. This is Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. Add a pst to outlook and move all mail etc to the pst or use exmerge on the server and export all mailboxes at once. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@list...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox not removed from Source server after mailbox move.
Greetings: As we were having some hardware issues with our existing Exchange 2003 SP2/Windows 2003 SP1 server, I setup a new exchange 2003 SP2/W2K3 SP1 server. I moved over a few IS user mailboxes over with no issue. I moved my managers mailbox "John Smith" without any errors. However when I log into the source server (exchange1) via Exchange System Manager, I see a mailbox with "John Smith" with a red X over it. If I right click on it, I have the option to Reconnect or purge.? Exchange2, the new server has his mailbox which is showing up fine. He is able to connect...

Exchange 2003 upgrade:Out 2001 for Mac doesn't detect new server ?
Darn. I moved a mailbox from an Exch2000 to an Exch2003 box; After 2 hours, I go to the Mac 9.2, Out 2001 for Mac and I see in properties that server is still the Exch2000. I try to access my mailbox and it fails. Anyone there can confirm whether Outlook 2001 for Macs is unable to 'auto' detect the new Exch2003 mailbox server ? ...

Server Core
What is the benefit of having Powershell v2 on my 2008R2 server core domain controller. From an AD perspective how does this help me? #1. http://concentratedtech.com/item/view/id/340/title/Active-Directory-cmdlets-and-Implicit-Remoting #2. I've not tested this, but you will likely get access to the Active Directory module so you can use PowerShell to administer AD locally. "Clot" <Clot@live.com> wrote in message news:uw#QR18vKHA.5340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > What is the benefit of having Powershell v2 on my 2008R2 server core > domain controller...