monitor queue

Is there a way to have the exchange server send a message
to the administrator when the outbound queue gets to a
certain limit?  Or is there a 3rd party utility that will
do that?

TIA
0
anonymous (74722)

Msesages destined for a non-existent subdomain of my domain piling up in the queue
I have messages destined for a non-existent subdomain of my domain piling up in the queue. Let's say my domain is domain.com. The messages are for user@xyz.domain.com or user1@xyz.domain.com. I don't have @xyz.domain.com defined in any of my recipient policies. Is there a way to have the server discard those messages right away instead of having them expire in 48hrs? Thank you! J. ...

Exchange 5.5 IMC, MTA Queue Issue (IMC Stopped)
Hello i currently have two Exchange Servers 5.5 SP4 in the same site. Boths Servers have the IMC installed, and email is working fine. The IMC service is stopped on one of the servers and has been for a couple of months. The problem is if i look at the Server, Message Tranfer Agent Queue, IMC. That queue is full of messages, approx 8000 per month. These messages dont appear to be emails but MTA messages. Originator is Microsoft MTA. Apart from deleting the IMC on that Servers is there anyway of stopping these messages building up. Why are they there anyway if the IMC Services is stopped. T...

Monitor tasks
Hi everyone Does anyone have any spreadsheet suggestions that can be used for monitoring tasks in excel? I am looking for something that will flag when tasks are due etc conditional formatting etc I have ms project however i am using excel as a high level to manage multiple ms projects. You would probably need to automate MS Project from Excel. You might want to ask this question in a MS Project newsgroup, for example microsoft.public.project.vba. HTH, JP On Feb 7, 5:33=A0pm, "angelaperci...@yahoo.co.uk" <angelaperci...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Hi everyone > Does anyone ...

Exchange 2003 (SBS2K3) Messages Pending Submission Queue Filling Rapidly
I'm working on a Windows Small Business Server 2003 that was apparently the victim of an "authenticated relay" attack. The Guest account had been enabled and was apparently this way for several days. As one can image the problem was discovered when the server started to slow to a crawl and disk activity was hot and heavy. In Exchange System Manager (ESM) under queues, thousands of messages in scores of queues were found). Looking at the messages in these queues it was pretty obvious that much of the mail was NDRs so the first thing after disabling Guest and shutting off the o...

MTS-IN Queue (Lotus Notes)
I have four (4) Messages stuck in MTS Queuese (Lotus Notes Connector) and I don't have an option to delete them. This server has been restarted few times after thee messages got stuck but no luck. Does any one know how to delete these messages?? Thanks, Feddie ...

sbs2008 email queue
where in 2007 is the outbound queue as a few users are getting delay messages and i can not see the queue Go to your exchange management console and choose "toolbox" on the left navigation. The queue viewer will be an option in the center nav. "Stuart Macleod" <StuartMacleod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:463993C3-AB1A-4338-9752-507368DC370B@microsoft.com... > where in 2007 is the outbound queue as a few users are getting delay > messages > and i can not see the queue Hello, Thanks for your pos. As supplement...

SmallBusiness SMTP connectors in Queue viewer
Hi, this is a SBS 2003 box running exchange server 2003. In the queue viewer, there are more than a dozen of "SmallBusiness SMTP connector"s remain in the list with various additional queue information: 1. Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS 2. The connection was dropped by the remote host 3. The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt 4. The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol event sink 5. An SMTP protocol error occurred How can I get rid of them? Thanks in advance, TL Did you run CEICW? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/chats/tra...

Message Queue on Exchange front end
I have two messages stuck in my front end server queue. They are from the same person, going to different people in our domain and out of our domain. The 'additional queue inforamtion says: Unable to bind tot he destination server in DNS. All other mail is flowing in and out of the servers. Event 9318 is on front end and event 9297 is on back end. I stopped and the restarted the MTA stacks. The events went away, but the messages are still in the queue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Kathy Are you sure that the internal folks haven't received the message? Typi...

Delete from Queue, settings etc and Outlook
Hi, Does anyone know of a workaround for the fact that eg. "Delete from Queue" disappears when running with Outlook client? Only "Assign" and "Accept" exists. We can cope with that "Settings" disappears but "Remove from queue" makes it difficult to work with. In Outlook it's always gone. If I first start Outlook and then the web client it's gone there as well. To clear our queue we need to close Outlook and restart/refresh the web client. Which is annoying. Thanks, Manso Manso wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know of a ...

Queue NT Service per SSP
Hello! I have a question regarding the Queue NT Service.We have four SSPs in our environment. When I look into the Task Manager, I can see 5 (1 for the Timer Service and 4 for the SSP). Sometimes it happens that the Queue hungs and we need to restart the service. Ideally, I would like to restart the Queue service only for the SSP where we see that the Queue is not processing, but under SERVICES, there is only one Queue NT Service. It is possible to have a service per SSP, so that we can say "Restart only service for SSP1, or SSP2,..."? Many thanks for you help. Joe...

Advanced Queue fails to deliver message
Hi Using CDonts, we route the content of a web form from our publicly hoseted web site to a public email folder on our exchange server. The problem is that the messages are not getting through. I see from the Delivery Tracking that the Exchange system is simply saying that "Advanced queue failed to deliver the message". I can send to the incoming email address using my own external email account. The propblem is i cannot find the messages anywhere, so cannot try and see what is happening. Does anyone have any ideas please thanks Alex Check Message Tracking to find o...

free exchange monitoring software?
hi guys, does anybody know if there is free monitoring software available for exchange? looking for something that will tell me the volume of emails sent, disk space used, peak traffic times etc etc thanks in advance -- rick_fantastic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1564861.html You can get statistics from your message tracking logs by using LogParser, which is free (www.logpars...

queue
I have this problem I have to fix local delivery queue at exc2000 Situation Branch of the company needs to use different (sub)domain than headoffice. For example: headoffice is @microsoft.com and branch is @branch.microsoft.com. Both are usin' exc2000 within one domain. ISP holds all related records for domains(MX,etc.) All mailservers needs to send all mails over ISP SMTP relay,(every exc2000 user different ISP) but public folders needs to be replicated.When I tried to send mail from HQ to @branch.microsoft.com,all mails will stay in SMTP queue "unreachable destination", the sam...

Exchange 5.5 MTA Queue
It appears that after the time change to GMT my MTA queue is showing traffic that is out by one hour. Does anyone know of any reason for this. Not a major issue, just really annoying. -- If it aint broke don't fix it. What happens if you restart the MTA? On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 07:25:04 -0800, "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It appears that after the time change to GMT my MTA queue is showing traffic >that is out by one hour. > >Does anyone know of any reason for this. Not a major issue, just really >annoying. ...

exchange 5.5 queue issues....
Help, I have an exchange 5.5 box; for only another (4) wks... but I have a ton of SMTP mail stuck in the following folders... C:\exchsrvr\mailroot\Queue I can not delete, as it says there is a sharing violation... what are they from and how do I clear out... thanks for any help AL as far as I know, exhcange 5.5 dont have mailroot folder. can you describe your server setup? Me "Al" <ascssmith@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OMZ8p5dnFHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Help, I have an exchange 5.5 box; for only another (4) wks... but I have a > ton of SMTP mail stu...

message to outside world stuck in queue
Configuration: ISA as firewall Exchange 2003 - Internal messages are sent fine - external messages are queued with "The communication was dropped by the remote host." This is a new exchange server (the original died - but could send messages out the ISA).... any clues for me to check? thanks Could you provide us with some more information, are you currently using a connector for outboud email relying (forward * domain to a specified smarthost or to the Internet using DNS for example) ? Did you open port 25/tcp for your bridgehead server to the outside world ? Ben. "...

Monitor Exchange Store status
I was recently performing mailbox migrations and at some point the mailstores dismounted, likely after the migrations finished based on what I can determine. I have been trying to find a way to monitor the store status so that I can configure an alert if a store becomes dismounted. My thought is to utilize a script that checks either a specific mailbox within the store (using maybe a mapi call), or the status of the store itself. Exchange 2003, Enterprise Edition, SP1 Any suggestions for this? Steve MOM works well for this -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup...

Mail stuck in local delivery queue #3
I'm seeing that quite few people have this problem and I don't see a solution anywhere. My Exchange was working fine until recently. Now all mail only gets as far as the local delivery queue. I've tried eseutil /d and /g, isinteg on the mailboxes - all fine. I've tried reinstalling exch svr 2003 and sp2. One thing I have noticed is that the IS service doesn't stop (in a timely fashion etc) and I can't move mailboxes to new store (just stays at 0%). The Exch server is listed as the GC and DC. Medium diags turned on for DS but nothing untoward appears in app log. ...

Monitoring Exchange server
Hi, I have an Ex2000, and my question is how can I monitor TCP, UDP or... connection on this server, I tried netstat but didnt get too much info. I dont know, but I think either this server itself broadcasting or some suspicious connection come to this server. If I want to use network monitor, how should I do that? Thanks for any help-Rob Hi Rob, Thank you for posting here. If I understand correctly, you want to monitor all the network traffic receive/send by the Exchange server. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know. To monitor all the network traffic of...

Rule doesn't submit mail to remote queueing
Hi everybody. Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server in an Active Dir w2k domain environment. Mailbox user1@local.dom has a server-side rule which should transfer some mail to an external smtp address which is presented in Active Dir as a contact object with the address user2@remote.dom The problem is, the rule doesn't do that. In the Message Tracking Center, there are only 5 actions done on the message: SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store SMTP: Message Submitted To Advanced Queueing SMTP: Started Message Submission To Advanced Queueing SMTP: Message Submitted To Categorizer...

Progress and Assign Queue
Can someone tell me why e-mails appear in the Progress and Assign queue? I don´t see any reason why... And why does some mail appear in the Progress queue and others in the Assign queue. I can´t see any logic here...! Thanks! ...

Pending Submission Queue delays
Exchange 2003 / SBS 2003 / Trend Micro Anti-Virus I'm having a huge problem with messages backing up in the Pending Submission Queue. Our server has recently been upgraded from SBS 2000/Exchange 2000 to the 2003 versions and everything was fine for 2 weeks now I'm having this queue problem... The first time the queue would fill up with 30 messages and send around 11 of them every 10 minutes. I rebooted the server and then re-installed Exchange from our upgrade cd. After that all was well for almost a week. Now this time it fills up to 100 messages and will only send 6 every 45 minute...

Monitoring OWA with an SNMP solution
I have an application that allows me to create my own monitoring solution. I am looking to monitor OWA. I can use MIBs or WMI. The data I am looking for is Number of Users in OWA, by the Hour, Day and Week. Does anyone know of a MIB or WMI call that will do this for me? thanks Spepi ...

Emails assigned from a queue to a user are created as duplicate in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
n CRM 3.0, an e-mail is received in the queue of the e-mail support. The queue is owned by admin. and the mail is sent from a customer created in the crm software. When I log in as myself (different from admin.) and I assigned the received mail (now an activity) to another user in the system, the activity is created twice (duplicated) into his 'Assigned' folder in his queue. Can someone help me with that issue? I have searched the newsgroup and so far, two other similar issues have been left unanswered... 1- User1 (System Administrator) sends an email to a CRM Queue. 2- From the qu...

Large Message holding up MTA queue
This is one that crops up every now and again and although it's not causing us a big problem this time (will probably just let it work it's way through) I couldn't seem to find a definitive solution to the issue. Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on NT4 Sp6a A user has sent a large message to another site in the same Exchange Org. It's sitting at the top of the MTA queue and in the process of being delivered. I can't delete it from the MTA Queues tab as it's set to high priority and I can stop it in time after the MTA has been restarted. I can see the relevant .DAT file in t...