Mobile question

There's no actual forum for Windows Mobile that I am aware of, so here I am.

I want to get mail thru direct push on sbs /exchgSP2. I have a registered
domain but also use a long term ISP address. I have not got myself a fixed IP
yet to host my own email thru a smart host but will be shortly.

A question I have is how can i get the ISP emails (e.g. myname@isp.com) as
well as my own domain emails via the smartphone? I'm not sure of the best way
to handle this. When I host my own email (fixed ip) do i also use a pop3
connector for the isp email? Then should i have 2 accounts on the mobile to
collect from both smtp and the isp?
0
sandgroper (31)

sandgroper <sandgroper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>There's no actual forum for Windows Mobile that I am aware of, so here I am.

microsoft.public.pocketpc
microsoft.public.pocketpc.activsync
etc.

>I want to get mail thru direct push on sbs /exchgSP2. I have a registered
>domain but also use a long term ISP address. I have not got myself a fixed IP
>yet to host my own email thru a smart host but will be shortly.
>
>A question I have is how can i get the ISP emails (e.g. myname@isp.com) as
>well as my own domain emails via the smartphone?

Create multiple e-mail accounts on the PPC. Use POP3/IMAP and SMTP.

>I'm not sure of the best way
>to handle this. When I host my own email (fixed ip) do i also use a pop3
>connector for the isp email?

Redirect the mail from the ISP to your own domain.

>Then should i have 2 accounts on the mobile to
>collect from both smtp and the isp?

You can do that, too.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Sumif Question
I need help with a sumif formula. I have two spreadsheets. On my report spreadsheet I want to use a sumif function that looks at two columns in the other spreadsheet and give me a total based on the following criteria. 1. Look at the date in F2 and compare to the date in C2. Count if the date in F2 is greater than C2. OR 2. If F2 is blank, and today's date is greater than C2, count. Do you mean =SUMPRODUCT(--((F2:F20>C2:C20)+((F2:F20="")*(TODAY()>C2:C20)))) -- HTH Bob "stevestr" <stevestr@discussions.microsoft.com...

POP3 Question #4
Hi, I have SBS 2003 wiuth Exchange 2003 where I am downloading my email into a global mailbox. Is there a way i can view a log or status to see if mail is being downloaded? Thanks ...

Another MDI or SDI question
I would like to convert my VB app to VC++, but I am unsure as to which framework to use. The application will interface to a hardware device to monitor, record and analyze data. There will only be one set of data, but I would like to view it in various formats (spreadsheet, graph, etc.). Because of the multiple views, am I correct to assume I should choose MDI? Any advice would be appreciated. This sounds definitely like MDI. I have built, in all my apps, two SDI apps, and regretted both of them (I had to rewrite them as MDI). The rest of my apps are dialog apps, and one of those uses tabbed ...

Bubble chart question #2
I suspect not many of you are using bubble charts, but I am trying to verify whether I have a problem or if Excel does. Excel 2007 bubble chart using the following data: X Y Size -16 -4 5 -13 -15 2 -8 0 3.5 -4 -19 3 -2 -10 4 0 -4 3 0 14 3.5 8 -19 4 9 5 2 11.5 -5 4 The X-axis data does not plot the negative values correctly, they are all on the positive side. It appears that this feature preforms the same way in 2003. I realize that I can plot this using other chart types, but.... Any comments would be appreciated. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Deve...

Threading question
Is there a way to protect a section of code so that all the statements in the protected block are executed without being interrupted by another thread? I have a worker thread that adds a value to an array (a circular buffer) then increments the array index. If the user clicks on a button of a form in the main thread, sometimes the main thread code will then access the array after the value has been added, but before the array index has been updated. I know I've seen ways to protect code in other languages (Pascal or Ada I think) but how can this be done in vb.net? t...

H E L P * * * Need help with question about protecting a range of cell in workbook
I need to know how to protect a range of cell/s in a workbook ...

Outlook mobile access denied
I am trying to setup outlook mobile access, but have run into a problem. When I log in to the website with my account which has OMA enabled in active directory I get this message on the web browser. "Your user account has not been enabled for wireless access. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance." I have double checked active directory and my account is enabled for OMA. What am I missing here? Outlook web access works just fine, just cant get this darn OMA to work for any users. Any ideas? Thanks so much Halve Are you sure that you have enab...

Outlook 2007 Calendar question.
I want to set up a rule when a meeting request comes in it will automatically color code it to a color that I choose if there is writing in the message part of the meeting request. This would be helpful if someone has typed more information in the meeting request other then the subject. I’ve looked under automatic formatting and don’t see anything under the advanced section. That would allow me to do this. ...

Creating a publication for CRM Mobile
Hi all! I have CRM Mobile setup. We have two separate servers. One with SQL 2005 and another with CRM 3.0 Hosting Provider Edition. I have created the deployment packs for mobile but when I attempt to connect using the emulator or an actual device, the device gives me an error that I need to create a subscription for it. I am now attempting to setup a local publication on the SQL 2005 server but am unable to figure out which db I should use for the publications. I was hoping that this might be an easy answer for someone to give. Help! existing mobile db´s: companyname_MSCR...

New OE newsgroup user questions
I'm new to newsgroups and access via Outlook Express. Where can if find documentation or descriptions on how to really use OE effectively w/ forums. My main question right now is: How do I reply to a reply that someone posted to my new post? If I click Reply Group in OE I get a msg "Do you want to reply to the entire newsgroup. Is this the correct options to add another level of input to my original post, or will this go to every post in the newsgroup? I would also like to know how to do things like: Searching forums for specific words or phrases? Can I se...

eConnect Licensing question
Hello, I am helping a company that wants to generate journal entries to Dyanmics GP. From searching online I believe that this would be done using eConnect. My questions are: 1. Is this the correct way to communicate from an application to GP? 2. How is eConnect licensed? 3. Where can one download documentation on how and when to use eConnect? Thanks, Direct replies to alg@nomscon.com would be fine as well eConnect is a way. Integration Manager is another way. eConnect, by itself, requires some programming because it's a set of API's. There are some add-on products, like Sc...

Team/Business Unit Question
Hi, I'm trying to work out the best way to configure CRM 3 for our organisation (we provide support services to doctors) to replace an existing database. This existing database had a contacts section for details of all our professional members, linked to their organisations they belonged to. This database though also kept a separate 'module' for contact and service info that a select group of our staff could access for a confidential health service we also provide. At the moment in CRM we have one business unit for our organisation and at the moment all our crm users can se...

OWA Permissions Question with A.D.
Hi everyone Here is my dilemma. Last year we added a group to our AD to block the "Department" field in our A.D. As long as users are in this group they can not read the "Department" field. Even when using outlook, the "Department field is there, but the content is blank due to the permissions. Recently we discovered the using the OWA for exchange 2003 we could read the contents of the "Department" Field. I know that OWA/Exchange pulls data from the A.D> but i can not figure out why OWA bypasses this permission. Does anyone know what why OWA is bypa...

go to page question
How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or to page first or page last? Press Ctrl+G. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "richard" <rmk@wonderland.net> wrote in message news:ehetEr2fKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or to > page first or page last? On 12/17/2009 6:12 PM, Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote: > Press Ctrl+G. > Thank you. But I wonder why I could not find th...

Need help on OU question
Windows 2003 Domain Controller Standard Ed SP2 Installed SQL 2005 SP3 The installed Sharepoint 3 sp2 During install it created a sharepoint OU But now I can not find it any where My question is how do I display the OU that are on my server I seem to be brain dead and cannot find them anywhere Using AD sites and Services AD Users and Computers AD Directory Domains and Trusts Not sure where else to look Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly apprciated Thanks Tom Hello Thomas, Any chance that you removed the Advanced view option in AD UC? ...

Formula question -simple for those who know
Hello I'm trying to add a number that was calculated by means of a formula in one column to the sum of a different column. Example: Column A (running balance) Column B (sum) =+e5+c6-d6 =sum(h1:h8) Col A's number is running balance. I copied the formula down so that the next row changes the formula to =+e6=c7-d7 I want that running balance to add to a sum in another column. I can add the first cell to it, but it doesn't change if the running balance changes. I know that is because it's pointing to that single...

Questions on ms dropTarget and vc debuger,need your help
Near days, my vc6 even can't debug CView::function(), or atoi() funcions, pls tell me why. another question, the COle if (!ms_dropTarget.Register((CWnd*)this))//meet error, for the first reason, i don't know what happened. thanks first! -------------------------------------------------------------- ide: vc6.0 with sp6 os: windows 2000 with sp4 debug symbols: windows 2000 debug symbols downloaded from ms web. ...

Beginner's question
Hi Friends, Could you please tell me which is a god site where I can start learning about exchange server? I am a newbie so please tell me a beginner's site for Exchange server Waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance, I would recommend starting at www.microsoft.com/exchange and you will find some great info there. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Emmanuel Mathew" <emmanuel@aitstech.com> wrote in message news:0b3e01c3d52e$e2287520$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi Friends, > > Could you please tell me which is a go...

New OWA Question
We have two servers, old 2000 Exchange and new 2003 Exchange on Small Business Server. We used to access OWA externally by pointing the router to direct traffic on port 80 to the old server. Since we’ve migrated to the new 2003 Exchange server we cannot get OWA to work from the outside. It works fine from the inside, but if we direct the router to aim port 80 traffic to the new server, it just comes back with page not found. Still works fine using OWA internally on the new server Just cannot get to it from outside. My question is: is there a port different than 80 we need to direct to t...

Export to XML question
Hi All, The below is a test code to export xml file. The fields Comment and Tip hold xHTML code. The problem occurs if I add the Tip field then I get the following error: The XML page cannot be displayed Required white space was missing. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/1.xml'. Line 1, Position 646 It seems that XM file cannot fully exported and some text is missing. I apprecaite any input. DECLARE @SQL VARCHAR(1024) DECLARE @sqlFlds1 VARCHAR(225) DECLARE @sqlFlds2 VARCHAR(225) DECLARE @sqlFlds3 VARCHAR(225) DECLARE @sqlFlds4 VARCHAR(225) DECLARE @sqlSt...

Data Validation Question #6
Jaun, Thank you. It worked. Just curious, is it a "bug" in Excel or somethin I did? Case -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26764 I think it's "by design". It happens when you manually move that message to some other place. Then, all the messages will appear there ! -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "Casey" <Casey.1dtg7y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote...

Question about Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dear all In my excel file there are two sheets: A and B B is very hidden in my vba code I am in sheet A and I need to insert a value in Sheet B then: Application.ScreenUpdating =3D False Sheets("B").Visible =3D xlSheetVisible .. .. .. Sheets("B").Visible =3D xlSheetVeryHidden Application.ScreenUpdating =3D True But I can see the macro running (for one second I can see the sheet B visible...) How can I solve this problem? Thanks! Andr=E9. Why does it have to be visible to start with? Something in your code that does UN necessary selections? -- Don Guillett Micr...

Exchange IMF questions
Exchange 2003 SP2. IMF configured and working OK but I have some questions: 1) Is there any way to make IMF learn that certain emails are junk and certain ones are not? 2) How is the IMF filtering updated? 3) Is there a way to make IMF not check emails from certain "good" domains? 4) Does the IMF feature to deliver suspect emails into the users "Junk E-Mail" folder (rather than the Inbox) work with older Outlook 2000/2002 versions? I created the Junk E-Mail folder for those users by logging into their OWA site but they never seem to receive "suspect" ema...

I have question.. I have problem with Cells.find
I have two file (p1.xls , p2,.xls). When I work in file (p2.xls) i need to find something in second file(p1.xls). Then write value from Cecha in the ActiveCell of p2.xls, provided that Cecha is found I have button and code: but this code does not work how I want !! because search in file p2.... (it work on inversely) What I should modify ?? that it search in p1.xls ??? Sub CommandButton3_Click() '------>in file p2.xls Dim szukana As Range Dim Cecha as String Cecha = InputBox("Enter the name", "Enter value") If Cecha = "" Then Exit Sub Workbooks.O...

Denominations Question
Hi, I have a sheet with amounts to be paid to employees. The employees need to be paid in cash every week. These amounts normally don't exceed $1000. However, it is a nightmare if the exact denominations are not withdrawn from the bank. Is there some way I can determine the number of currency notes to be withdrawn in denominations of 1000, 500, 200, 100, 50, 20, 10, 5 & 1's? Can I do this in excel? Thanks and regards, neil Neil, Assuming the amounts to be paid are in column D starting D2 down: Populate cells E1 through M1 with the denomitations 1000, 500, ...., 1 Put th...