Missing Users

Hi,

I ran forestprep and domainprep, then ADC to migrate Exch 5.5 users to
Windows 2003 AD. After installing Exch 2003, I can't find any of my
existing Exch 5.5 mailboxes in Exch 2003. They could be find under AD
though. May I ask what I need to do to transfer mailboxes to Exch 2003?

Regards,
Norman
0
norm2408 (72)

> I ran forestprep and domainprep, then ADC to migrate Exch 5.5 users to
> Windows 2003 AD. After installing Exch 2003, I can't find any of my
> existing Exch 5.5 mailboxes in Exch 2003. They could be find under AD
> though. May I ask what I need to do to transfer mailboxes to Exch 2003?

I can perform Exchange Tasks\Move Mailboxe from Active Directory Users
and Computers to move mailbox into Exchange System Adiministrator. But
docs say that I should able to move mailbox in Exchange System
Administrator too. Am I doing something wrong here?

Regards,
Norman
0
norm2408 (72)

Other users' folders
I've inherited an exchange 2003 server (1 server, 200 users). I havent used exchange since 5.5.. I'm trying to open other users' folders, and I get a message stating that it cannot find the remote folder. If they give me explicit permission, i can open it. I'm the exchange admin, domain admin and enterprise admin. Those groups appear on all accounts with full privs. What am i missing? thanks. "Stephen Corcoran" <sbcorcor@comcast.net> wrote in message news:e8XKhZY7FHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I've inherited an exchange 2003 server (1 se...

notify user of customer credit limit in service call mgt app
In Great Plains 7.5, there is not a feature that notifies the user of a credit limit for a customer when entering a service call or repair in the Service Call Mgt application. The purpose of this would be that service or repair could possibly be denied to a customer that is over their credit limit or has past due invoices. It could be used as leverage to get a customer to pay the past due invoice before service is provided. This feature works in the Sales Order Processing application and we would like it to work the same way in Service Call Management. I discussed this on incident 8...

Report
I am designing a report which lists a schedule of visits for a period of 2 weeks (defined by user input to a dialog box), with the data presented by week. The code for the report is configured "on the fly" in the 'on open' event of the report. All of this works fine on its own. However, I am seeking to make some enhancements to this. 1. If there is no data for either week, I want a message to appear to say just this. I am using a count of the underlying recordset to determine this. Can't get the "On No data" report event to work with the code below. 2. If th...

Other users "my work" Queue
Hi, We have a small team running a service desk and we assign cases/activities to each other when they arrive in the main queue. The manager of the main queue which everyone can see would like to be able to view all other users queues for 'In progress' and 'assigned' to see if the work is being dealt with. Users also require this for each other’s queue in case one person is off sick and the other members of the team can then go in and assign un-actioned cases to themselves to be dealt with. Is this possible? And if so can someone explain how I can do this? I am a novic...

Project Owners and users
Hello, When we want to change the Owner of a project, who are the users who are listed in the "Owner" pick list of PWA Edit Project Properties page? I believed that they were Project Managers and Administrators, but there are also several Team Members and Teams Leads. Thanks for your help. Robert. Users with "Save Project to Project Server" permission enabled will show up in Owner picklist. It's category permission and it appears in "My Projects" category. Thanks Chak pVector Technologies http://www.pvectortech.com http://www.epmcent...

same user@ 2 domains
Hi, I have read and tried the article "Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on Exchange" from http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html. When I sent an email to 2nd domain, the exchange server response with an error message saying no such user. Detail info: I installed the active directory's domain 12345.com and email for everyone@12345.com works fine. However, my boss bought a domain name 123.com. I am asked to make both everyone@123.com and everyone@12345.com work. It means everyone has two email address pointing to the same mail box. Please help. Thanks Sincere...

PartyList as user created Attribute
Is it possible to use a PartyList in a user defined attribute? CRM v3. Thanks If by "user defined attribute" you mean creating a relationship to an entity with a PartyList lookup up field, no. This type of lookup is a system lookup (like the "Customer" lookup) and cannot be used in custom relationships. -- MD "don schilling" wrote: > Is it possible to use a PartyList in a user defined attribute? CRM v3. > > Thanks ...

missing email #6
Hi, Hope somebody knows how to fix my problem. Exchange 2003 GFI Mail Essentials 10 Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Trend Micro server protect I have a user that cannot recieve emails from a certain external user. The same email is sent to me and comes through fine. any ideas? No attachments and none of the emails showed up in the spam filter. No rules are setup on the mailbox either. Are there any utilities that would help me troubleshoot this? thanks in advance. have you done any message tracing? I would do that first, to see if the message in question is actually being delivered to th...

user (address) limits
We are running Windows XP Home with Outlook 6. We have added email addresses but seemed to hit a limit. We had about 25 emails and are now upto 50 but Outlook appears to only want to check the first 30. Our ISP provides the required accounts. Any suggestions? Does Outlook have a limit? I have not seen anywhere that it does. Thank you Lonnie On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:27:34 -0700, "Lonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Windows XP Home with Outlook 6. We have >added email addresses but seemed to hit a limit. We had >about 25 ...

Missing DLL file prevents me using PST Files?
Hello - I posted on here a while ago asking for help as following a company merger I cannot use PST files in Outlook 2000 (Windows NT machine). I have been told that work have removed a DLL file which is causing this. Do any of you have experience of this? If so any idea what DLL file I need to add back in? Many thanks, Carl. Do you mean that the corporate IT removed the DLL so you can't use PSTs? Do they have a good reason for this? "Carl Jarvis" <carljarvis@nothankyouforthespammister.co.uk> wrote in message news:1125040515.4863.0@nnrp-t71-03.news.uk.clara.ne...

Migrate 2003 users to another 2003 box
Hi, After a recent company merge we have decided to merge both Exchange 2003 servers data. The server will host all our merged staffs email accounts, but they will continue to use individual AD servers for there respective domain logons.... Both offices are connected via a leased line VPN connection and I have enabled domain trusts as required, WINS & DNS is resolving fine on both servers. I tried using the Exchange migration tool but the wizard falls over during the "Migration Information / Account Migration section and returns no event log errors. However it does return a "dat...

Missing Numbering Add-in for Excel 2000
Hi, When opening invoices created with the template, I get the error message "The numbering add-in must be added for optimal numbering and toolbar behavior. Please load this add-in into your Library directory." I don't have this add-in, which I believe is called Tmpltnum.xla (from discussions on the forums). Where can I download this file, as I don't see it anywhere on the official Office website? Thanks a bunch, Mitch ...

Delete/Re-name Users
Greetings, I have inherited a messy MSCRM. As a novice CRM administrator (read: don't have a clue!), I need to make some changes to allow it to flow better. Most of this is not I have some problems: 1. I need to rename a user. 2. I need to delete a user named Test, Test and reclaim the license. (this user exists only in CRM not in AD...I know it seems strange to me too!) 3. I need to recatagorize a user to Sales Only. 4. I have three receptionists that use the MSCRM for identical purposes. I would like to create a user named "Reception" that they can all use it simultaneou...

Combo Box Allows User to Change data
I have a combo box that allows the user to change the text once they select a fee from the drop down list. The text itself does not change, but the table that stores the information reflects the users change. Ex. User selected "Booth Fees for 3 Booths" from the dropdown list, The user then Highlighted "Booth Fees" part and deleted it. The user then clicked on the invoice comand button to print an invoice. The invoice printed "for 3 booths" and the table that stores the Shows Fee information (ShowsFees) had "for 3 booths" instead of "Booth...

Action for specified User (sales Manager) after email Campaign
Hi, i've started experimenting with workflows, but results are not inspiring The question/problem, i dont no how to generate the following workflow Please help: I'm using a German version of CRM 3.0 i'll translate steps as accurate as possible I create a simple workflow: 1.) I create an Bulkemail via Campaign (based on a marketinglist) 2.) After press the Send button the Workflow should generate an action (outgoing Telefone call ) 3) 50% of these calls should be assigned to User 1; the other 50% should be assigned to another user thank you in advance max ...

Missing Entries in M'03 Reports
Transactions are missing in reports. E.g., I have a deposit clearly entered on 1/14/04 in my cash transactions, but when I run a report for Jan. 04 that deposit doesn't show up in the actual column of Monthly Report. Any ideas? Thanks! Some part of the customization may be wrong. (Here I'm assuming that the report in question is not a Monthly Report which can not be customized and generally doesn't show just one deposit anyway.) "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5d8701c3deb2$3d71d0c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Transactions are ...

Permissions tab missing from Inbox properties
Hello, When attempting to view the properties for a user's Inbox or any folder/subfolder in their mailbox the permissions tab is missing (this is occuring while I'm logged on his workstation as the user). Yet when I open outlook on another workstation logged in as administrator and add the user's mailbox to the outlook profile I can see the permissions tab. I checked permissions on the Exchange server and I even added his account as owner to his mailbox but the issued persisted. Enviroment: Windows 2000 Small Buiness Enterprise server SP4 Windows 2000 Pro SP4 with Outlook...

Outlook Client "user authentication passed to the platform not val
Hi, We are currently having issues with some users when tracking emails in CRM using the desktop client. When a user presses the "Track in CRM" button they get an error: "User authentication passed to the platform not valid". The user has been assigned the proper roles and teams and the client and server have been updated to Rollup 2. Any ideas? just wondering if you are using IP address or Name of the CRM server when you setup the outlook client? You might need to do a CRM trace to see what is going on in the background. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm...

Did you miss out on the .com Boom?
The first wave of the Internet opportunity explosion has come and gone. If you were in tune to the opportunities of the day in the late 1990's AND you were very LUCKY, you likely would not be reading this right now. Instead, you would be resting comfortably "on the other side" as some call it. The place where the grass IS greener, or at least it would seem so, simply because you would have the financial independence, peace and the time to sit and watch it grow, if that were your desire. Good news: The SECOND WAVE is now upon us! For a very LIMITED TIME, you may register for FREE ...

I want a macro to save a workbook as a user inputted cell
I want to use a macro to automatically save a workbook as a name the user will be required to enter into a cell. How can i do this? To save the file and call it whatever is in Sheet1, range A1 try, Sub SaveAsCellValue() ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\" & Sheet1.Range("A1") & ".xls" End Sub Change the file path to suit, Regards, Alan, "EAHRENS" <EAHRENS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAA349B6-1353-4CB8-A88E-065768609C51@microsoft.com... >I want to use a macro to automa...

User Rights on Server
We use Terminal server, windows 2003 server, SQL Server 2000 We have to set up all of our Dynamics users as 'Domain Administrators' so they can access Dynamics and Personal Data Keeper on the terminal server. We would like not all users to be domain administrators. Is there something we are missing that we have to have users as domain administrators? thanks! -- Doug Doug, Users should have access to the Great Plains/PDK Directory. Gerald "Doug" wrote: > We use Terminal server, windows 2003 server, SQL Server 2000 > > We have to set up all of our Dynami...

Finding and installing missing fonts
Hi, I have FP2002. I've installed it on two machines. I notice though that theres quite a few fonts that are missing from my laptop. . I have identical programs on both pc's and find it strange that the fonts are not in the Publisher font file. What is the best way to put the missing ones on one pc? Should I copy the fonts I need to media then load them into the windows font file? Thanks in advance Catt I would suggest starting here to make sure that the "missing fonts" are supplied with that version of Publisher. http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx...

How can I count users those use .PST?
Dear Friends, I have Exchange2003 server. Some of my clients use Outlook2003, others use Outlook2002. How can I get the list of users those use .PST? I couldn't find any usable data in Registry of any client's pc.. Regards, Capricorn In news:e2cyItuNGHA.3284@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, Capricorn <Capricorn79@mynet.com> typed: > Dear Friends, > I have Exchange2003 server. Some of my clients use Outlook2003, > others use Outlook2002. > How can I get the list of users those use .PST? I couldn't find any > usable data in Registry of any client's pc.. >...

Exchange 5.5 volume is missing !!!
Dear all, our server power supply just burned out and after replacing it the exchange volume was gone.... Will reinstalling Exchange 5.5 solve the trick... !?!? Any help or ideas please .... Please HELP me "Rami" <rami_hasan74@hotmail.com> wrote in news:11a4201c3f574$2ade2980 $a001280a@phx.gbl: > our server power supply just burned out and after > replacing it the exchange volume was gone.... > > Will reinstalling Exchange 5.5 solve the trick... !?!? > "Exchange volume" do you mean your hard drive is not recognized? You may need to recover fro...

Disabling OWA by default for all Exchange users
How can I disable Outlook Web Access by default for all new create users? kevin wrote: > How can I disable Outlook Web Access by default for all new create > users? If you copy an existing user in OWA, it should inherit the same properties - have you tried that? Yes, it inherit other setting too. But can I set this as diable by default? "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message news:eKDyMMkZHHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > kevin wrote: >> How can I disable Outlook Web Access by defaul...