Missing Public Folder Store

In Exchange 200 server System Manager, the inherited permissions on the Public Folder Store under the First Storage Group were accidentally removed.  After doing this, the Public Folder Store does not show up anymore, but the database files pub1.edb and pub1.stm still exist in the MDBDATA folder

Is there any way to reset the permissions on this object.  I would expect it to still show up as an unmounted database but it does not show up at all

0
anonymous (74722)

Use ADSIEdit to add the inherited checkbox back.

ADSIEdit can be found by installing the Windows 2000 Support tools off of
the Windows 2000 CD.

ADSIEdit - Configuration Container - Services - Microsoft Exchange - Your
Org Name - Administrative Groups - Your Admin Group - Servers - The Server
Name - Information Store - Storage Group - Public folder store - Properties

--
Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"adamani" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Exchange 200 server System Manager, the inherited permissions on the
> Public Folder Store under the First Storage Group were accidentally
> removed.  After doing this, the Public Folder Store does not show up
> anymore, but the database files pub1.edb and pub1.stm still exist in the
> MDBDATA folder.
>
> Is there any way to reset the permissions on this object.  I would expect
> it to still show up as an unmounted database but it does not show up at
> all.

0
mbarta (202)

Sent Items Folder #4
Just recently I have noticed that a couple of users are not getting their sent email to default to their 'Sent Items' folder. We have an Exchange 2000 Server running with a mixture of Outlook 2000 and 2003 clients. One of the problems is from a 2K client and then another one with 2003??? It is hit and miss....one time it saves to their folder, the next it will not. I am aware, and have checked, the 'Save Forwarded Messages' checkbox and it is checked (as I am not sure if they were forwarding messages that did not appear in their Sent Items folder). Has anyone heard of this...

delete email directly from Unread Folder
Deleting email from Outlook 2007 is random. 2003 version could delete any email in this Folder, while 2007 capability appears random. Any ideas?? it should delete it just as it did in Outlook 2003. Try deleting the folder and restoring it (right click on the search folder and choose new.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto...

Two versions of "personal folders"
I seem to have two versions of "personal folders" in my Outlook 2003. Only one of them is used really, I think the other must have been created during a backup from file or something. Can I merge them together somehow? I tried to copy the unused one into the other, but it claims that special folders can't be moved. They each point to a different data file, the second one pointing to my backup. The weird thing is that as far as I can tell, everything from backup went into the "main" personal folder too; I had no files or folders at all before backup. Thanks for any help...

Smartlist Builder Smartlists missing on workstation with GP10
We've recently upgraded from version 8 to version 10. One of my users received a new machine to be able to run GP 10. Everything works great with the exception of Smartlist Builder smartlists that were created prior to the upgrade. His is the only machine that I've seen this with problem so far. I've tried logging in as this user on other machines and he can see these smartlists on other machines, just not on his local machine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Dynamics with no luck. I've tried logging in as other users from his machine and they can't see...

Save in different folder
I want to save a workbook in a different folder. The folder already exists, and I want to use the same file name. What is correct code to do this? Try code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim NewPath As String NewPath = "D:\Temp\" & ThisWorkbook.Name ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=NewPath End Sub Change the "D:\Temp\" to the full folder path to which you want to save the file. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com On Sat, 22 May 2010 13:2...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, One of our users is experiencing a missing toolbar in their CRM Outlook Desktop client for Microsoft CRM 3.0. The main toolbar appears, but the "Track in CRM" toolbar does not appear in the Opened Email View. I have searched the web and the closest thing I can find is this thread posted two years ago to this newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/2a2a23357f48a2fe Unfortunately, the solution did not work for me & apparently for others. I have reinstalled, removed and replaced the COM addins, applied Rollups 1,2 & 3,...

Bad Mail & Good Mail Folder
I have a workstation running XP with Outlook 2000. A few days ago the message in the inbox disappeared and two new folder appeared under the inbox. They are "Good Mail" and "Bad Mail". Can someone tell me what program adds these two folders to Outlook. By-the-way, we connect to an Exchange 2000 server. Thanks, Matt L. Sounds like an antispam application of some sort - no idea which. Did you install one? Did your network admins install one? They're the ones I'd ask first. Matt L. wrote: > I have a workstation running XP with Outlook 2000. A few > ...

copy file from shared folder
How can I copy file from windows share folder on the network without domain controler programmatically? I have userID and password. Thanks, Volodia. CopyFile(Ex)() file from connected with WNetAddConnection(2/3) directory Arkady "Volodia" <GroundSoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#S0suSmUDHA.964@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can I copy file from windows share folder on the > network without domain controler programmatically? > I have userID and password. > > Thanks, > > Volodia. > > ...

Shortcuts to Public Folders in Outlook
Hi all, We have a user who creates a shortcut in Outlook to a public folder. When he enters an appointment into the caldendar from the shortcut, the appointment is not repliacted to the actual public folder. Also, when he enters an appointment in the public folder, it is not repliacted to his shortcut. Any ideas? Outlook version is: Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.7308) Windows version is: Windows 2000 SP4. Thanks in Advance NapaTim wrote: > Hi all, > > We have a user who creates a shortcut in Outlook to a public folder. > When he enters an appointment into the calden...

Missing Mail #2
We have just downloaded our email and read 1 message then returned to outlook to find all mail in our inbox gone along with our contacts and personal folders. Is there a virus out there that might have caused this? Is there anyway we can get the information back? Natalie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have just downloaded our email and read 1 message then > returned to outlook to find all mail in our inbox gone > along with our contacts and personal folders. > > Is there a virus out there that might have caused this? > > Is there anyway we ca...

Gift certificates and multiple stores
Previously we could only use gift certificates at the store they were recieved into the system at. Can anyone tell me if 2.0 address this issue ? Or can anyone share a work around ? No - Gift Certificate are still store only. You you want enterprise wide we have an add on program that includes that [store and hq utilities] Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = "John M" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BB4B131-CFBC-41E4-A102-C25413418A7B@microsoft.com... > Previously we could only use gift certifica...

Updated KB: Error message when you print a publication that contains one or more text boxes with border art in Publisher 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];840343#appliesto -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Exchange System Manager error
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

Personal folders was not closed properly
Hi, I get the message below periodically and was wondering if anyone else does and what the solution is. I have a 1.2 GB pst file on my local drive. "The file Personal Folers was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems. Some questions; -What version of Outlook? -Are you running any add-ins? -Is the outlook.exe process not running in Task Manager when you close Outlook -ran scanpst.exe already against it? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----...

Offline Folders: Added Sub-folders are not made off-line
I am using XP and use offline folders to keep important data on / up to date on my laptop. I have noticed that if I have a parent folder set to available offline, if I add a sub-folder then this sub-folder and its contents are available offline. However if someone else adds a sub-folder then this sub-folder (and its contents) are not automatically available offline (even though the parent folder is and theoretically all subfolders beneath it). Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a fix? As it is I have to periodically look through the folders to see if any new ...

Outlook Send Folder
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3196868897_5966291 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi Anyone know how to force Outlook to put sent mails into the IMAP sent folder on a server instead of the Sent Items folder under personal folders?? I am finding it pretty annoying that all sent items go into Personal Folder as if I am in a remote site on another machine I cannot track through items sent out. Cheers Steve B --B_319686889...

Empty Public Folder on Schedule
Is there a way to schedule all items in a public folder be deleted once (or twice) a day? Thank you On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:08:09 -0800, "Todd" <todd@nospamit.net> wrote: >Is there a way to schedule all items in a public folder be deleted once (or >twice) a day? >Thank you > > Any reason why it wants to be done twice a day? Simply setting 1 day on the age limit will purge out on a daily basis. I'd have to dig out an answer to do this more regularly. ...

Outlook 2003 Duplicate Personal Folders
Hi, I have 2 personal folders in outlook, they are completely duplicated from one PST file. Even when sending & receiving, it checks twice. I have tried to close one, but the option is greyed out. There is only one file in the data management too. Can anyone help? Thanks Two choices: 1. Create a new profile (yours is corrupt). 2. Edit the registry to remove the duplicate (ghost) reference here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook Within the Outlook folder, there are a bunch of folders with long hexadeci...

Exchange folders gone missing deleted in Entourage
We've had 2 users in 3 days who all of a sudden noticed that all of the custom folders they created in their Exchange mailbox were gone. They didn't delete them, they weren't in the recover items area. Just gone. They are both on 11.2.1 (051004) for Entourage 2004 (SP2) and using mac 10.3.9 or 10.4.2 I use a mac and PC so i confirmed that their accounts were set up correctly. We have 3 domain controllers, but most macs are set to the same DC because Entourage can't pick and choose on it's own. Anybody have help? Restores are no fun. Check OWA reports them as missing ...

Functionality Question: Can you have two views of a folder?
We're looking a building a project/knowledge management system & are considering the options within outlook. Ideally, I'd rather have a single calendar (or other folder) which has a view of certain projects for me; other projects for my co-workers, and sub-set of both for our boss. Obviously we'll need to be *able* to see the suppressed items, but normally wont. While reading "Outlook 2000: In a nutshell" by Syroid & Leuf (O'Reilly), I'm wondering if we could have a master calendar folder, and have other folders with filters applied that show a subset o...

messages moved to Junk Email folder just disappear (Outlook 2007)
I am using Outlook 2007. When email is manually moved to Junk Email folder the counter is set OK, but the messages is never there. I just see a message, "There are no items to show in this view". Also for the past week NOTHING gets sent to the Junk Email folder although I normally get 2-3 a day. No new software was installed, nor were any changes made within Outlook. I ran the program, "outlook.exe /resetfolders", but that did not help. i am running Vista. Thanks much. Sounds like you have your view set to show unread items only or have a fil...

Public Folder Replication problem between 2 servers
I'm working on this problem for a week, still couldn't resolve it.... Basically public folders between sites don't replicate. I can't see public folders which I create pf on the other server (doesn't work on both ways). Environment: We have 1 exchange organization and 2 Exchange 2003 SP2 Standard Edt. Servers. at different locations. They're connected eachother via Cisco 1721 Cisco Router and Les10. Diagonistic Logging enabled. Internal mailing works between two servers and clients. Using AdsiEdit tool, I looked at the servers if PFs have got email address enabl...

miss DLL
I am missing a DLL file this is what I found so far but can't find a place to get the file(see below), anyone know where I can gt it, or how to stop the miss file window from coming up each time I turn on my computer? pfcplan.dll Description: Money Planner Engine C++ Class Wrappers Version: 8.0.0.731 DLLSelfRegister: No ...

two users, one computer, shared folders??
I am trying to set up Outlook so that two different users can access the same Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, etc. Has anyone done this successfully? So far I have two users with two independent sets of folders, but I want the same Calendar etc. to show up for both users. thanks! What operating system and version of Outlook are you using? Do you use windows profiles or only Outlook profiles? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Sue G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Unwanted multiple calendars and folders
After I migrated to Office 2003, I've ended up with thee calendars (Calendar, Calendar in Archive and Calendar in Personal Folders) and two copies of each email account folders (including 2 Personal Folders). These are not exact copies...for example, only one of the Personal Folder emails is complete as is just one calendar (Calendar in Personal Folders). How do I get rid of the calendars and duplicate email folders I don't want without losing any mail? Also, the proper calendar is Calendar in Personal Folders but it never allows for reminders saying the event isn't in my calend...