Missing messages?

What could have happened if there is a log of a message being
delivered to several mailboxes (in message tracking), but none of the
mailboxes have received the message?  How do I start troubleshooting
something like this?

Thanks,
Peter.
0
plecki21 (13)

if message tracking says it was delivered, it's most likely that it was...I
would start by going to one of the people who received it, and doing an
advanced find for the message...check for rules, views, check dumpster for
all folders
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178630).  It has to
be there somewhere unless the users have deleted and purged it ...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"PL" <plecki2@eagency.com> wrote in message
> What could have happened if there is a log of a message being
> delivered to several mailboxes (in message tracking), but none of the
> mailboxes have received the message?  How do I start troubleshooting
> something like this?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter.

0
sconkey (3059)

Lost email messages
Today, after being gone on business for a week, I opened Outlook 2003. It showed 121 messages to be downloaded. The download seemed to be going fine but when it completed there were no new emails in my inbox and Outlook 2003 reported that I had errors in my .pst file. I ran the Inbox repair tool which says it fixed everything. Yet those 121 messages are gone:( I renamed outlook.pst to outlook.pst.bak, renamed my week old back up file to outlook.pst and tried to redownload the messages. No luck. A week's worth of email gone? That sucks:( Did they get wiped off the server when I dow...

Rules for SENT messages #2
When messages come in I can create rules to aotmatically sort and move them into folders, is there a way I can do this with messages that I have sent? I like to keep track on my conversations and I am getting tired of moving messages out of the sent folder. If there is no way to automate this then maybe someone from Microsoft can take this a suggestion to improve Outlook. Al You can create rules for Sent messages in Outlook 2007, but not sure which version you are using. "Alfred Kaufmann" wrote: > When messages come in I can create rules to aotmatically sort and move > t...

Messages older than a week missing in my Inbox
I'm very, very new to using MSOutlook. I've been receiving messages and now messages older than "last week" are missing? I didn't archive them, I didn't delete them. They are just missing, Unfortunately, these are very, very important messages. Where are they? How can I find them? What do I do? -- Scott Check your "View" Settings to ensure it is not set to "Last Seven Days." How to do this may depend on your OUtlook version which you did not mention. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the ...

Please help to recover missing file
I am faced with a strange problem. I was working with worksheet in Excel when there was a power shutdown. The worksheet was in saved condition. When power resumed my worksheet simply vanished. Now whenever I try to access the worksheet I get the message that worksheet could not be found. As my pc is window xp pro. the worksheet should have saved itself as it does in word program. I have cheeked Recycle Bin and ran search program without any success. Is there any way to retrieve the file. TIA. Where was the file when you accessed it before the power failure? On your hard drive? On a flop...

Extremely slow open doc missing template
When we open a document with a template \\servername\folder and the server does not exist i e when opening a document attached in an email it takes about 5 minutes to open the document. The problem occours when working in a net work. If we replace the template path with normal.dot the document opens fast. But there are thounsands of documents. If I open the same document in Vista or in Server 2008 R2 I can press ESC to stop Word looking after the template. But it does not work in Windows 7. I am going to try this old solution .. think it is the same problem .. so maybe it ...

Business Contact
I have a long list of business contacts sorted by Accounts. Unfortunately, I clicked the Accounts column while in the Business Contacts view, and all those accounts disappeared from the column. The title of the column shows, but nothing is populated or organized based on account. Now, all my contacts are ungrouped (over 3,000). If you click on an individual contact, the person still retains its Linked Account designation, but those accounts are no longer linked and organized via that filter. Can anyone help with bringing back that category to my Business Contacts view? I hope this...

Help: Outlook 2003 stops retrieving messages
Hi, I recently upgraded to a new laptop with a fresh install of Office 2003 / Windows XP SP2 and noticed Outlook stalls sometimes. It usually occurs after my laptop comes out of suspend but when I start outlook I won't be able to pull down any new messages from my exchange server. Furthermore when I click on the exchange server from within outlook it shows no new messages on the server. If I connect to the exchange server via webmail I can see all of my messages on the exchange inbox. The only way to fix this is to reboot my laptop, then I can pull down messages and see the exchange se...

Message in Outbook is too large to deliver
Message in Outbox is too large to deliver, yet I cannot delete it. It continually attempts to send it. Any suggests on how to delete it? Tim <pingzing72@hotmail.com> wrote: > Message in Outbox is too large to deliver, yet I cannot delete it. It > continually attempts to send it. Any suggests on how to delete it? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2002: Just thought of this
I don't mind hearing from friends when they send a general mailing to a bunch of friends but what I *do* mind is when they put all our names in the TO or CC field instead of the BCC field. Is it possible that O2K can tell if my incoming mail is on a "list" and if it is, return a polite email to the sender saying I don't receive emails on lists but please either use the BCC facility or send the email privately. Hope this makes sense. Thanks PS Am I correct in thinking that it is better to send a message to yourself and the rest of the list in the BCC field? No, whether your...

#Error message in my report
Hello, I am doing a bank reconcillation in access I have a field call DIT my problem is if there is no DIT present I get an #Error message. If there is a number present it should show the number or if there is no DIT I want to show a zero in the text box. I don't want to get #Error message showing. Also, should I do the coding in a query level and what will the coding be in the query? How do I fix this? Thank you in advance. Cheers Try setting the Control Source of the text box to an expression like this: =IIf([Report].[HasData], Nz([DIT],0), 0) Make sure the Name prop...

Spam Messages sent to me and Multi Request to add new friends
This has been a real issue for me now for about 2 months. I have a lot of contacts on my Windows Live Messenger and somehow several of them are sending me spam messages (like check out this great website.....) now most of these friends don't leave their computers on, so it's not comming from their computer, one is from my mums computer and for a while she hasn't had internet access. The messages usually try to lure you to click on a URL and end the message with a BRB. Each time the message come through the person is Offline. The 2nd big problem. Is recieving many...

How to update values in message boxes from within VBA?
I have a macro (in VB) as shown down below invoked by F11 - I created it initially with record macro. It allows me to type in a name for an invoice and increment the invoice number. When I first press F11 it invokes two consecutive message boxes to accept input to update two fields on the invoice. The first message box comes up with the current value of the field from the invoice template (Client Name). I change the name in the this first message box and press OK on the message box. The second message box comes up with the current value of the field from the invoice templat...

Getting an error message "Cannot shift objects off of sheet"
While horizontally grouping (outlining) a set of columns, I receive an error message that reads "Cannot shift objects off of sheet" when I press the ( - ) to collapse the columns. There are no objects that I am aware of, and the message does not appear when the last column is ungrouped. Also, it appears when the previous group is collapsed and visa versa. That is, I can collapse one group and get the message when I try to collapse the other group. It is really strange the message pops up at some of the oddest times. Has anyone encountered this before. Anyone's help would b...

Z Report missing sales transactions
Hi We have 42 stores connecting to RMS HQ and stores blind close and then perform a Z Report every morning. When looking at our year end procedures, we have found hundreds of sales transactions over the past year which appear on the detailed sales report but for some reason are not included in the Z Report sales figures. It is usually just 1 or 2 missing items per Z Report. Any ideas what causes this and how to fix? first step of diagnosing would be.. are these sales missing at the store level? or are they only missing at the HQ level? sometimes not all sales are posted...

Text in Message Box
When we send an e-mail in Outlook 2003, only a portion of the message in the text box appears for the recipeint and in the sent item message. Any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >When we send an e-mail in Outlook 2003, only a portion of >the message in the text box appears for the recipeint and >in the sent item message. Any ideas? >. >One thing to check is the IE updates. ...

PowerPoint Corruption Error Message
I am using Office 2003 and keep getting error messages in PowerPoint which say "PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text, images, or objects on slides in the file, "xxxx.ppt", because they have become corrupted. Affected slides have been replaced by blank slides in the presentation and it is not possibl to recover the lost information. To ensure that the file can be opened in the previous versions of PowerPoint, use the Save As command (File menu) and save the file with either the same or a new name. There are no blank slides in the presentation, so n...

Exchange 2003 and Undeliverable messages
We have just migrated from 5.5 to 2003. On the 5.5 system any mails that were sent to the wrong address used to get forwarded on to the administrator email account for one of us to forward on to the correct person as a attachment but with 2003 we just have a send again option and it does not note the original senders email address. How can I configure the system to do this function like 5.5 used to? You can configure Exchange to send a copy of all NDR's to a specific account. This is done on the properties of the SMTP Virtual Server, Messages tab. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP ...

Error message in Outlook when deleting
Hello- XP is the OS, Office 2000 and Outlook is the app with troubles. When trying to delete messages from my Inbox, an error message stating Messaging Interface unknown error, restart Outlook if problem persists. I have restarted multiple times and reinstalled Office 2000 in the repair mode, downloaded the updates and still cannot delete the messages. My inbox is getting very full! Please give guidance to repair this issue. Thanks! I have posted the same problem, and do not see a response. Nothing in the Knowledge Base has solved this problem for me, either. Let's hope we g...

Invalid registration key message
hi there, I have encountered the following error when I want to inserting some testing data into Greatplains database. The error message listed below: Error Number = 459 Stored Procedure taGLTransactionHeaderInsert Error Description = eConnect Registration has failed for General Ledger, Invalid Registration Key could anybody give me any advice on getting rid of this error ? cheers, GreatPlains User ...

How to trace slow message?
I have one user that is complaining about messages taking a significant amount of time(24 hrs) to deliver. The message all have legal attachments, which consists of several doc files adding up to under 2 MB worth of data (1.6 MB max). Our Exchange server has no restrictions set for e-mail attachments that I know of. I've been trying to test the situation out but can't duplicate the problem. There are two main message priginators that work in different companies(so different sending servers). My user has trouble receiving this e-mail from either sender. I've tried t...

How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message.
How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message. Basically when you type in a email address/name it finds it in a another users "SHARED" contacts... (So you don't have to manually find/add it.) Can someone point me to some instructions? Thanks Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0736_01CAFD9B.F594AC40 C...

Missing Images when sending a publisher email
This just started. I have created an email newsletter to send out to customers. I have done this many times. Today when I created the newsletter and sent it to a second email as a test, all of the pictures in the document were removed from the document, but they were attached to the email as individual file attachments. What is going on???? Your security settings are probably set too high in the second e-mail client. Is your e-mail a Publisher document? If so, I would be very surprised that all recipients have Publsher installed on their computer. Besides Publisher files are large...

Error Message #16
A document with the same name is already open But it is not It open up with the word shared after the file name which i cannot get rid of I'm not positive, but you might have two problems: Maybe Debra Dalgleish has the answer to the alread open: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen And tools|Share Workbook|uncheck "allow changes by more than one..." Bryan wrote: > > A document with the same name is already open But it is not > It open up with the word shared after the file name which > i cannot get rid of -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com >...

Move messages based on subject
I have an Exchange 2003 mail server running. I also have an e-mail filtering device that sends possible spam messages to the end user with a subject of [LIKELY SPAM]. I would like to setup a ?rule? at the exchange server level that any messages with a subject line of [LIKELY SPAM] be forwarded to the mail administrator. How can I set this up? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Rene On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:53:03 -0800, "Rene Ditton" <Rene Ditton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange 2003 mail server running. I also have an e-mail filtering &...

error appear- message was sent
always a error message when send message out - after a few minutes, message on outbox was disappeared- does it mean message send successfully mabel wrote: > always a error message when send message out - after a few minutes, > message on outbox was disappeared- does it mean message send > successfully Hi what error message? Please post by including a concise summary of your question in the subject line, and the full details of your question in the body of your post. Always include your version/mode/SP level of Outlook (from Help | About), what kind of mail account(s) you use, an...