Missing Junk Email Folder in Exchange 2003 Mailbox (Outlook and OWA)

I have a user that is running Outlook 2003 and we are running Exchange
2003 Standard SP2 with IMF enabled and configured to send all junk
candidates to the built-in junk email folder.  The user is a long-time
employee and has a mailbox that is probably 4 or more years old, so it
has been upgraded from Outlook XP and Exchange 2000.

I do not know how long ago this problem started, as he has just noticed
and brought this to my attention, but he is missing his Junk Email
built-in folder in both Outlook and Outlook Web Access.  Outlook
/resetfolders did not help.

I can't find any information on how to rebuild this default folder when
/resetfolders does not work.  He claims that spam email must be going
directly to his deleted items folder because he says there are items in
there he has not deleted that look spammish (I have not yet been able
to confirm this, but I wanted to mention it in case this rings a bell
for someone).  This is a peculiar problem, indeed!  Does anybody know
how to fix this?  I'd rather not have to backup his mailbox, delete it,
recreate it, and restore it (ugh!)...

Tim
XS, Inc.
RTP, NC

0
thx1200 (1)

Yes I encountered this as well. Check the last section of this article:
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/015/outlookjunk.htm

cheers,

Alexander Zammit
WinDeveloper Software
IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power
http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/

<thx1200@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a user that is running Outlook 2003 and we are running Exchange
> 2003 Standard SP2 with IMF enabled and configured to send all junk
> candidates to the built-in junk email folder.  The user is a long-time
> employee and has a mailbox that is probably 4 or more years old, so it
> has been upgraded from Outlook XP and Exchange 2000.
>
> I do not know how long ago this problem started, as he has just noticed
> and brought this to my attention, but he is missing his Junk Email
> built-in folder in both Outlook and Outlook Web Access.  Outlook
> /resetfolders did not help.
>
> I can't find any information on how to rebuild this default folder when
> /resetfolders does not work.  He claims that spam email must be going
> directly to his deleted items folder because he says there are items in
> there he has not deleted that look spammish (I have not yet been able
> to confirm this, but I wanted to mention it in case this rings a bell
> for someone).  This is a peculiar problem, indeed!  Does anybody know
> how to fix this?  I'd rather not have to backup his mailbox, delete it,
> recreate it, and restore it (ugh!)...
>
> Tim
> XS, Inc.
> RTP, NC

0
Alexander

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

invalid email address

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook Sales

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3