migration shut down the information store 5.5

Hi all

I have two 5.5 and two 2003 sp1 exchange server all in the same admin group
and site. on one of the 5.5 server, i have all the mailboxes moved over to
one of my 2003 servers. I would like to turn off the information store on the
5.5 server that has all the production mailboxes moved over to the 2003
server, this way if anyone complains that they cant get into email, then i
know that the mailbox needs to get moved.

My questions are, by tunrning off the information store service on the 5.5
server, will this negatively effect the ADC replication? I have removed the
IMC off of this server.

thanks
0
Skip1 (502)

"=?Utf-8?B?c2tpcA==?=" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> My questions are, by tunrning off the information store service on the
> 5.5 server, will this negatively effect the ADC replication? I have
> removed the IMC off of this server.

Is your ADC pointing to the server you are going to retire?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org

compare 5 columns of text and highlight duplicates based on repeti
I run a summer camp and I have a ws with 5 columns, each representing a calendar year (2005-2009). The columns each have 500 names (first and last) of campers that attended that year. I'd like to compare the columns and have Excel highlight names that appear in more than one column. Preferably with a color that represents duplication 2x, 3x, 4x or 5x. I'm trying to determine who attended 2 years, who attended 3 years and so on. The color would be based on how many years attended rather than individual names. I have Excel 2007 and I'm new at this whole programming stuf...

having Windows search also include information in Access Database
Currently if I do a windows search on data in my computer, it will not look at what is stored in my Access databases. Is there some way to include Access databases in such searches? Bob ...

Restrict information fields for contacts in Outlook emails
I often send email to multiple people and want them to see who other recipients were. However, I don't want a recipient to be able to right-click on another recipient's email and by looking at the "properties" see their cell phone, and other personal information I have for that contact in my contact list. How can I use Outlook 2007 to manage my contacts, and use those contacts to address emails, but not send ALL the fields I have for a contact for every email "co-recipient" to see. Does that make sense? It seems this must be basic and obvious, bu...

Problems with Outlook 2003 #5
Has anyone out the been having any problem after loading office 2003 sp3, I have been having troubles with connecting to an imap server. any idea's please respond -- Jim "Dimetrios" Joseph IT Consultant Nevada Net LLC. 455 N. Arlington St. Reno NV 89503 I am also having trouble loading my outlook 2003. It loaded fine yesterday, and now it loads until it has downloaded around 85% complete and then I get an error. I am running on XP and have done MS updates and restarted to no avail. HELP!! "Jim D. Joseph" wrote: > Has anyone out the been having any problem...

Can I make multiple excel workbooks populate information to one main wrkbk real time?
To give you an idea of what I am trying to accomplish... I run a mortgage company and I have about 16 loan officers I personally manage. Currently each of them keep their own excel pipeline of loans in progress in their personal folder on the server, of which I have to go into each one to check on. I can design the new pipelines however here is my main goal. I'd like to create one large read only (to them) pipeline with all the loan officers names in it, along with the appropriate info to the loan. I would like to create personal pipelines for each of them to input their data into. I ...

Sending to AOL through 5.5
For some reason, only about half of my emails sent to user@aol.com actually reach the AOL mail server. I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4. Does anyone have any ideas? Any NDRs? Jason wrote: > For some reason, only about half of my emails sent to > user@aol.com actually reach the AOL mail server. I am > using Exchange 5.5 SP4. Does anyone have any ideas? Nothing. No NDR's of any kind. >-----Original Message----- >Any NDRs? > >Jason wrote: >> For some reason, only about half of my emails sent to >> user@aol.com actually reach the AOL mail server. I am...

outlook.exe shutting down
I have been running Outlook 2002 for quite a while and have been very satisfied except for one thing. If I click on an email link on a web page (mailto:), my mail composing window opens by itself without the full outlook program opening which is fine with me. The problem is that after I send the mail this way "OUTLOOK.EXE" does not shut down on its own as it does when I send mail when the full program is open. I am running WinXP HE SP1. Is there a fix for this. What I do now is go into task manager and shut it down manually. Thanks in advance for any replies! ...

why is the import of store folders so difficult?
On several occasions, i needed to import stored eMails from other computers, occasionally from Windows Mail (from Windows Vista) but mostly from Windows Live Mail. I did this by first copying the store folder to an external location, and then importing the folder on the new computer. Generally this works and also the eMail accounts (and newsgroup accounts) are included. However, very often there is a problem with the imported folder structure. Often I get subfolders "imported folders" of imported folders of imported folders ... and for instance on my German version ...

Password Protection #5
Hi all I have a spreadsheet with several sheets . These are accessed via macr buttons on a main fron sheet (I have hidden other sheets) . Is i possible to password protect certain sheets so that they cannot b accessed by the user without the correct password . I can protect the so that they cannot be changed but need to stop them from bein accessed Thanks Kiera -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com First Hide the sheet by going Format/Sheet/Hide on the toolbar. If you then protect the workbook structure the user will be unable t unhide the sheet. Dunca -- Message posted fr...

Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: 5 (1032) That mail is not currently available.
--------------------------- Microsoft Office Outlook --------------------------- Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: 5 (1032) That mail is not currently available. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Does anyone know why this message box is shown several times during each send and recevie, and if there is a way to stop its being shown ? (2007). I have two imap and two pop accounts activated. I believe but cannot verify that the IMAP server is that hosting imap.aim.com. I have about thirty folders there. Lyle <lylefairfield@aim.com> wrote: >...

DST on Exch5.5 + NT4
We have Exch5.5 running on NT4 (eewww!). The upgrade to Exchange 2003 is on its way but won't be completed until after DST change. Front end runs Outlook 2002 and later versions. How will DST change affect Exch5.5 and NT4? What will be broken by the change? Any patch out there for Exch5.5 and NT4? Will it be OS patch or Exch patch? Thanks in advance. DST will be covering a longer period. Your users' appointments that occur in the new DST period that isn't in the old one will show up off by one hour. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and ...

Converting WordPerfect 5.1 file to Word
Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to preserve and use my extensive WordPerfect documents in Word. Thanks. try the word newsgroup... >-----Original Message----- >Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to >preserve and use my extensive WordPerfect documents in >Word. Thanks. >. > ...

Store sales not updaing in HQ item quantity
On normal worksheet exchange, HQ does not update qunatities sold at store even though history is coming over. Any ideas? ...

autopreview #5
Why aren't the first three lines in the Preview Pane in the Outlook Inbox window always the same as that in the autopreview of the Outlook Advanced Find window? For example, if I search for a word using Outlook's Advanced Find, there are times that the found word is not there when I look at this message in the Outlook Inbox Preview Pane. Because my employer automatically replies to requests for read receipts (I can not turn this option off), I try to use autopreview to set up rules to delete spam and junk mail prior to opening. I try to use the Outlook Advanced Find by sear...

Exchange 2000
How do I find Exchange 2000 version information? In the System Manager, under Help, it shows the Windows version info, not the Exchange version info. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Richard On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:43:28 -0800, "Rwh5757" <Rwh5757@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I find Exchange 2000 version information? In the System Manager, >under Help, it shows the Windows version info, not the Exchange version info. > Any help you can give would be appreciated. > >Richard Propeties of the server object in ESM. On Tue, 21 Feb 20...

lock if idle over 5 minutes
I use vc6 to develop for windows platform. I want to lock my program if idle over 5 minutes. How do I know the idle time is over 5 minutes? Please help me,and thanks. Regards, Miken _____________________________________________________ http://www.msale.net/bbs/ a Chinese-language message board for developers,including palm,ppc,symbian,and etc. http://spaces.msn.com/members/liyejun/ my private life This api will determine the idlestate of Windows [GetLastInputInfo(..)] -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will H...

Deleting database and information stores
What is the best way to totally delete a database store and an information store in our mail server? the reason being is that I'm trying to limit the number of database stores and information store Thank you. "Jun Soriano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the best way to totally delete a database store and an information store in our mail server? To delete the databases, dismount them and delete the files. To delete the information store, select it in the ESM and delete it. Then delete the files from the disk. >the reason being is that I&...

how would I store the XML
I am making multiple web service calls from a single ASPX page, th return from those WS calls are XmlDataDocuments. I am trying to make decision on where I should store the info (i.e., SQL, new xml file stored on web server, in memory Session objects, State Bag, etc.) really would like to store the info in SQL, but trying to figure ou the best way... should I store the entire XML content into one fiel (maybe a text field), or should I create various tables to hold th info in a parent/child structure? Anyone have any advise or insights would be appreciated? Thanks Ralp -- rvira ---------...

Wrapping information in the Calendar
Good Morning A lady in my office and I share a calendar on the exchange server. When she prints this from the 7 day view, the information about the appointments wraps down a line, so nothing is lost. When I print it, my information is truncated. I tried to look this up in help, but what I found said that it is impossible. Can someone help? We have the same font settings, and are printing to the same printer. Thank you very much SPC Arndt, Adam US Army what view is she using? if it's one with preview enabled, you'll see additional lines. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Aut...

Migrating Ex5.5 Distribution Lists to E2k3
The KB article 328871 mentioned that the Exchange Migration Wizard does not migrate distribution lists but you can export the distribution list, and then use the LDIFDE or CSVDE command-line utilities to convert them. I haven't found a references outlining the steps involved. I assume you can use the directory export in Ex55 Administrator to export the DL -- correct me if I'm wrong. How do you then "convert" this into distribution group? Thanks. Kevin. Are these exchange servers in different exchange organizations? Either way you can use the ADC to migrate DLs to AD. ...

Read Receipt #5
I clicked "yes" to a read receipt, and now I cannot send mail through outlook because it fails to send the read receipt. I cannot figure out how to cancel the read receipt. ...

Stored account passwords
I have had an account password and pin stored for Nationwide for automatic downloading of my statements for many years. I have just noticed that the password and pin have been removed from my money file. I have tried to store this again, but when I try to signon to Nationwide as part of the change process it does not manage to sign me on. I am certain that the password & pin are correct, I can sign onto the nationwide site directly. In microsoft.public.money, wjwestcott wrote: >I have had an account password and pin stored for Nationwide for automatic >downloading of my state...

Exchagne 5.5 and 2003 in Mixed mode
Hi all I created a new user account and inbox on one of my 2003 exchagne servers, for somereason users on the 5.5 server cant send emails to this new account, they get a NDR kicked back to them "The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Brooks, Terrance' on 06/22/05 08:57 The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=National Water ?;l=NWP-MAIL-050622155722Z-31725 MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:NWPCORPORATE:NWP-MAIL The 5.5 server and the 2003 exchange server are in the same adming group and site. I alos...

Cannot set SMTP delivery restrictions in 5.5
In Exchange 5.5, we think after adding site connectors for three other Exchange servers, we cannot restrict delivery for any individuals or groups on the SMTP connector... neither "Allow" nor "Reject". We have added groups to one category then the other, restarting the IMS (SMTP) service in the process, but still no joy. Even left one account in the "Reject" category for several days...never stopped being able to send SMTP messages. We have all of the latest patches and SP4. We don't restrict delivery often, but it has worked in the last year...ju...

Migrating Exchange 2003 to a new server
We're upgrading hardware in the server room. Currently we're running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 on an underpowered server. The plan is to upgrade the server with a fresh installation of Server and Exchange 2003. What's the best way to move everything over to the new server? The new server will retain the same hostname and IP address as the old server. I've done an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003, as well as a new Exchange 2003 installation at another location, but never a migration from one server to another. Any guidance would be appreciate...