Migration Question #14

I am performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on Win2000 server to 
Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server. I have ran the Deployment tools Wizard and 
have successfully performed the phases. I am now at the point to install 
Exchange 2003 on the server and during the pre-installation checks I get the 
following message. Microsoft Exchange Installation Wizard. Server TermServ03 
must be a Microsoft Exchange 5.5 server with at least Microsoft Exchange 
Service Pack 3 Installed. The only option is OK and I cannot get past this 
point. Exchange 5.5 server is Win2000 SP 4 with Exchange 5.5 SP 4. Please 
help as I cannot move forward.
-- 
Thanks, 

Jabooty
0
Jabooty (5)
3/8/2007 7:26:38 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
336 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 40

Is TermServ03 your Exchange 5.5 server?
-- 
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange
"Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

"Jabooty" <Jabooty@myemail.wow> wrote in message 
news:DA38A101-A6DC-4EE8-B631-C097F1558C9D@microsoft.com...
>I am performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on Win2000 server to
> Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server. I have ran the Deployment tools Wizard 
> and
> have successfully performed the phases. I am now at the point to install
> Exchange 2003 on the server and during the pre-installation checks I get 
> the
> following message. Microsoft Exchange Installation Wizard. Server 
> TermServ03
> must be a Microsoft Exchange 5.5 server with at least Microsoft Exchange
> Service Pack 3 Installed. The only option is OK and I cannot get past this
> point. Exchange 5.5 server is Win2000 SP 4 with Exchange 5.5 SP 4. Please
> help as I cannot move forward.
> -- 
> Thanks,
>
> Jabooty 


0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/8/2007 7:32:07 PM
Yes it is. 
-- 
Thanks, 

Jabooty


"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Is TermServ03 your Exchange 5.5 server?
> -- 
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> 
> "Jabooty" <Jabooty@myemail.wow> wrote in message 
> news:DA38A101-A6DC-4EE8-B631-C097F1558C9D@microsoft.com...
> >I am performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on Win2000 server to
> > Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server. I have ran the Deployment tools Wizard 
> > and
> > have successfully performed the phases. I am now at the point to install
> > Exchange 2003 on the server and during the pre-installation checks I get 
> > the
> > following message. Microsoft Exchange Installation Wizard. Server 
> > TermServ03
> > must be a Microsoft Exchange 5.5 server with at least Microsoft Exchange
> > Service Pack 3 Installed. The only option is OK and I cannot get past this
> > point. Exchange 5.5 server is Win2000 SP 4 with Exchange 5.5 SP 4. Please
> > help as I cannot move forward.
> > -- 
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jabooty 
> 
> 
> 
0
Jabooty (5)
3/9/2007 2:19:00 PM
Is there anything that I am missing?
-- 
Thanks, 

Jabooty


"Jabooty" wrote:

> Yes it is. 
> -- 
> Thanks, 
> 
> Jabooty
> 
> 
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
> 
> > Is TermServ03 your Exchange 5.5 server?
> > -- 
> > Ed Crowley
> > MVP - Exchange
> > "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> > 
> > "Jabooty" <Jabooty@myemail.wow> wrote in message 
> > news:DA38A101-A6DC-4EE8-B631-C097F1558C9D@microsoft.com...
> > >I am performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on Win2000 server to
> > > Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server. I have ran the Deployment tools Wizard 
> > > and
> > > have successfully performed the phases. I am now at the point to install
> > > Exchange 2003 on the server and during the pre-installation checks I get 
> > > the
> > > following message. Microsoft Exchange Installation Wizard. Server 
> > > TermServ03
> > > must be a Microsoft Exchange 5.5 server with at least Microsoft Exchange
> > > Service Pack 3 Installed. The only option is OK and I cannot get past this
> > > point. Exchange 5.5 server is Win2000 SP 4 with Exchange 5.5 SP 4. Please
> > > help as I cannot move forward.
> > > -- 
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Jabooty 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
Jabooty (5)
3/19/2007 1:34:03 PM
Have you tried reapplying SP4 to TermServ03?
-- 
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange
"Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

"Jabooty" <Jabooty@myemail.wow> wrote in message 
news:56171ADC-9397-482B-8570-7CBCB47276C1@microsoft.com...
> Is there anything that I am missing?
> -- 
> Thanks,
>
> Jabooty
>
>
> "Jabooty" wrote:
>
>> Yes it is.
>> -- 
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jabooty
>>
>>
>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > Is TermServ03 your Exchange 5.5 server?
>> > -- 
>> > Ed Crowley
>> > MVP - Exchange
>> > "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>> >
>> > "Jabooty" <Jabooty@myemail.wow> wrote in message
>> > news:DA38A101-A6DC-4EE8-B631-C097F1558C9D@microsoft.com...
>> > >I am performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on Win2000 server 
>> > >to
>> > > Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server. I have ran the Deployment tools 
>> > > Wizard
>> > > and
>> > > have successfully performed the phases. I am now at the point to 
>> > > install
>> > > Exchange 2003 on the server and during the pre-installation checks I 
>> > > get
>> > > the
>> > > following message. Microsoft Exchange Installation Wizard. Server
>> > > TermServ03
>> > > must be a Microsoft Exchange 5.5 server with at least Microsoft 
>> > > Exchange
>> > > Service Pack 3 Installed. The only option is OK and I cannot get past 
>> > > this
>> > > point. Exchange 5.5 server is Win2000 SP 4 with Exchange 5.5 SP 4. 
>> > > Please
>> > > help as I cannot move forward.
>> > > -- 
>> > > Thanks,
>> > >
>> > > Jabooty
>> >
>> >
>> > 


0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/21/2007 7:44:46 PM
No I haven't. I will try that and see what happens. Thanks for the response.   
-- 
Thanks, 

Jabooty


"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Have you tried reapplying SP4 to TermServ03?
> -- 
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> 
> "Jabooty" <Jabooty@myemail.wow> wrote in message 
> news:56171ADC-9397-482B-8570-7CBCB47276C1@microsoft.com...
> > Is there anything that I am missing?
> > -- 
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jabooty
> >
> >
> > "Jabooty" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes it is.
> >> -- 
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Jabooty
> >>
> >>
> >> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
> >>
> >> > Is TermServ03 your Exchange 5.5 server?
> >> > -- 
> >> > Ed Crowley
> >> > MVP - Exchange
> >> > "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >> >
> >> > "Jabooty" <Jabooty@myemail.wow> wrote in message
> >> > news:DA38A101-A6DC-4EE8-B631-C097F1558C9D@microsoft.com...
> >> > >I am performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on Win2000 server 
> >> > >to
> >> > > Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server. I have ran the Deployment tools 
> >> > > Wizard
> >> > > and
> >> > > have successfully performed the phases. I am now at the point to 
> >> > > install
> >> > > Exchange 2003 on the server and during the pre-installation checks I 
> >> > > get
> >> > > the
> >> > > following message. Microsoft Exchange Installation Wizard. Server
> >> > > TermServ03
> >> > > must be a Microsoft Exchange 5.5 server with at least Microsoft 
> >> > > Exchange
> >> > > Service Pack 3 Installed. The only option is OK and I cannot get past 
> >> > > this
> >> > > point. Exchange 5.5 server is Win2000 SP 4 with Exchange 5.5 SP 4. 
> >> > > Please
> >> > > help as I cannot move forward.
> >> > > -- 
> >> > > Thanks,
> >> > >
> >> > > Jabooty
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Jabooty (5)
3/23/2007 2:37:05 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Opening a database 02-14-08
I have a database that in order to see the contents of the database I need to hold down the sift key to open it. Otherwise it will not let me view anything except the switchboard form. I need to change this but I did not design this database. Is there a way to remove this so that anyone can open the database and view all its contents without holding down the shift key? I am using Access 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, dee Go to Tools | Startup and ensure that the Display Database Window box is checked. You can also have it not display the switchboard (should you wa...

Redeploy question regarding databases
We just finished the redeploy of CRM 1.2 to 3.0 in a new server. Everything is good but we need help with SQL. The databases need to be updated with the data that employees enter in the old server running 1.2. What is the best way to do it? Do the table structures of both Databases are the same? ...

A question about Outlookexpress backup file (.dbx)
Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a lot! "Jerry" <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:18e201c4a252$09d330b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the > compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a > lot! From where? Jerry <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the > compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a > lot! DBX files are NOT "Outlook...

Question: Before you Buy
Hi All, Concerning the new Microsoft Money version, may be coming from Quicken Deluxe 2006. Question: For the newest version of Microsoft Money, does it support Direct Downloading from Banks? Question: For Backing up your Data Files that you are working with, does Microsoft Money support backing up to DVD Media that you can re-write to, like DVD+RW Disks that are pre-formatted with Nero's InCD program, so you can use the DVD Disks more than one time? -- thecreator In microsoft.public.money, thecreator wrote: > > > Question: For the newest version of M...

Simple Question
Can anyone tell me how to prevent the annoying 'Security Warning' form from appearing everytime I open/load a new database file in ACCESS 2003. Go to: Tools | Macro | Security and set the dialog to Low. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <trekgoes2malaysia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b80879f9-3e62-4e20-b234-6691e32afffe@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone tell me how to prevent the annoying 'Security Warning' ...

Exchange OWA question
All, Two questions on OWA: 1. Do I need a Front End server to enable OWA from outside for my users? I only have one Exchange 2003 server running Windows 2003. 2. When I access OWA from inside my network, the public folders are view on a different screen. I am not able to use the move items option to move or copy items from my inbox to a public folder as they are not available in the Pick Folder list. Can this be changed? Thanks, Rafael 1. No; OWA can run on that server - but be cautious in allowing connections to the server. I'd be sure to use SSL connections only. 2. I thin...

forwarding question for exchange 2k3
I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running. I am looking to add email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to them. For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain). Can this be done without creating full mailboxes for those users? Thanks JP You can add Active Directory contact objects into your domain for the sister company. If there are shedloads you can consider using something like SimpleSync www.cps- systems.com to do regular synch ups between the two domains. If the two domains are only liked via the...

I have a question about using a function in a form
I have used the "workingdays2" function in a query to calculate the number of working days between two days like so... WorkingDays2([SLA_Date3],[SLA_Date4]) I have tried using this in a text box in a form but the calculation won't work. Any ideas? Another stupid moment. Date4 was earlier than Date3, duh! "SteveM" wrote: > So I assume WorkingDays2() is a user-defined public function? > SLA_Date3 and SLA_Date4 are fields on your form? > > Try putting = sign first: > > =WorkingDays2([SLA_Date3],[SLA_Date4]) > > Steve > > &quo...

Migration from Exchange 2000 to 2003
I have added an Exchange 2003 server to an existing Exchange 2000 environment. Mail2 is the Ex 2000 server and mail3 is the new 2003 server. I have both running to test the migration and have run into the following problem. Mail sent from mailboxes on the EX2003 server will hang in the queue. This is in intermittent issue. Sometimes the mail will be delivered, sometimes it just hangs until an NDR is generated. The event viewer on mail3 (Exchange 2003) shows an event id 977 with the following text Following connector fails to connect to its target bridge head. CN=Internet Mail Service (MA...

SFO connection question
On SFO I am connected to a MSCRM server 1. Now I want to connect to another server. Where do I have to specify the server ? Or is it only at the client installation time I can specify it ? Does that mean I have to uninstall and install again. Please help. There are registry entries under hkey localmachine, software, microsoft,mscrm which point to the web server. I have never tried changing the web server address. As long as the new web server is still using the same database it may work. Honestly I would reinstall "Arch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

A Tricky Question! Macro & Chart
Hi All I have a very tricky problem here. I have a column chart which has sa 4 columns - namely, A, B, C and D. First Issue - I would like to check is it possible to assign a specifi macro for A, B, C, and D to their respective columns? Second Issue - And as each macro has its own codes, would it b possible for the macro to be so smart that if I click on the column fo A, A macro will run... Please note that the order of the columns will change over time as will sort the values and put the one with the highest value as th first column. Kindly advice me whether the above are possible.....

Exchange migration/consolidation
Hello, We are currently in the process of consolidating our Exchange servers from various domains top once central location and domain. USers will continue to work in their local domain but connect to the new Exchange server in the new domain for email. Accounts have been migrated to the new server using ADMT and mailboxes moved using mailmig. There is a two way trust between all domains, and the local/legacy account has been granted associated external account on their new mailbox. The problems we are encountering are numerous, however the main ones at the moment are as follows: S...

Siebel to CRM Migration
I have an upcoming Siebel to CRM Migration. We are going to use Scribe Migrate to assist with the data migration but we see some difficulties concerning the file attachments stored in Siebel. The Siebel attachments are not store in the database but in the filesystem. Has anyone had any luck migrating attachments? If so, I would like to heat what you did and what you discovered. Brian ...

excell sorting question
does anyone know how to do a sort for how close a list of numbers com to a designated cell with a index number in that cell?? example: a 39 b 40 c 51 d 44 e 43 sort by being the same or the closest to "44" results should be: d 44 e 43 b 40 a 39 c 5 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Twosix, You can add a helper column... In the column next to that one (assume A1:A5) enter =ABS(44-A1) and drag down to fill the series. Select both columns and choose Data -> Sort and sort according to the helper column. Dan E "twosix >" <<twosix...

Question about modal userform.....
My userform has various controls which allow the user to enter data. (i.e textboxes, calendar control, etc...). I load the userform as follows: Userform1.Show ' ' Code here runs after userform is closed! ' My question is....will the Visual Basic stop and wait at the "Userform1.Show" line until the user is done entering data and they close it out??? I'm just worried that the form is loaded and that VBA continues exiting the code below the "userform1.show" line. thankx No, you are okay, the code flow is passed to the code in the fo...

Question about win32 exe format.
Is there a method or class/construct in MFC which can give me information about an Win32 exe file? I've done *some* reading and have learned *some* stuff, like determining if a file IS a Win32 exe, but I was wondering about all the other stuff that you get when you right click on an exe and select 'properties' such as 'Description', 'Copyright', 'Comments' etc. If nothing in MFC, can someone provide a link/article/resource where I might learn such info? Paul The values you are referring to have nothing to do with knowing how to read the executable. Y...

MultiCurrency Question
Hi: I am in a situation where a canadian based company whose Products and Product List is in Canadian Dollars wants to create a Quote in US dollars. It seems that we cannot add the products with Canadian Dollars Currency in a USD Price List when we are using a Percent method of pricing. If that is the case, how can it be handled? I cannot create 2 sets of the same Product because the exchange rate is not fixed. Typically, CRM should be calculating the currency in USD using the exchange rate that's provided, but CRM simply is refusing to allow me to add a product with a different c...

Average Question Again
I am trying to average a column of numbers on Control Group 1 say I1 t I300. Some cells are empty. I am using sheet 1 to do my averaging. Fo what ever reason I keep getting error messages. I am not sure why i won't calculate. Formating is set to number. I have tried severa suggestions from a previous post. I am open to any and all suggestions. Please Help ASAP!!!! Thank You In Advance Mik -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http:/...

Question on organizing large amounts of small Excel Files
I have a question regarding how I can best organize large amounts of excel worksheets so that they are more managable. I am using Excel 2002, and my problem is that the tool logs for the machine that I work with are getting out of hand. The machine stores process information in Comma Delimited form that we download into folders on our network drive. Usually we generate about 1500 logs per year. Currently, my Engineer has me open each individual file and format it. I created a small micro for this to make it easier, but it is still time consuming. Is there a way to apply a micro to large a...

Exchange Migration tools wizard
Hello, I try to migrate mailboxes from an unix server to my Exchange 2003 server. Users used IMAP4 on Unix Server. So I try Exchange IMAP4 functionnality but when the tools asked me to add the .csv file. I don't know what kind of information I can put into this file. Can you help me. "Romulus" <tezam@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:e9qg86$2gt0$1@biggoron.nerim.net... > Hello, > > I try to migrate mailboxes from an unix server to my Exchange 2003 server. > > Users used IMAP4 on Unix Server. > > So I try Exchange IMAP4 functionnality but wh...

Sales Process Question 08-02-06
Is it possible to create a sales process based where stage progression is based on a field value - for example a pick list rather than the status of an activity? I want to create a pick list with sales stages and have a process evaluate the picklist value before progressing to the next stage. ...

Questions on Document/View architecture
Hi, I've gone over several books that I bought off-shelf on MFC. But even now, I can't understand what the document is used for. The most confusing element is OnOpenDocument and serialize For onopendocument, the book indicates that you can initialize array elements and other stuff. However, what happens when I want to load stuff from disk amd initialize it on Onopendocument, I guess it is coming from the serialise method. But I did not find a place you can find the file's name.... Please help. Jack Jack wrote: > Hi, > I've gone over several books that I bought o...

Excel question...
I've got a monthly report that I have to run, based off of data coming from a Unix server via Simba Serv. Once I have the data, I've got formulas I run-one column plus or divided by another column equals data I enter in a new column & so-on. My question is can I automate this & if so, how? Macros? VB Script? Looking for a nudge in the right direction. Thanks in advance- Hi the best way may be to start with recording a macro whilde doing this manually (goto 'Tools - Macros - Record macro). After this have a look at the created code and clean it up. A good starting point ...

POST A QUESTION
Formula is in cell A3 which is =A1+A2. If I don't put any numbers in A1 or A2 cell A3 displays #value! Is there a way to not have the #value! show in cell A3? Hi, if you are doing a sum shouldn't give you that result anyway you can use =if(A1="",A2,if(A2="",A1,A1+A2)) "dwolf" wrote: > Formula is in cell A3 which is =A1+A2. If I don't put any numbers in A1 or A2 > cell A3 displays #value! Is there a way to not have the #value! show in cell > A3? Check to see if A1 or A2 is formatted as something other than a number, o...

Investment account question
Hi I'm trying to setup a Pension Account and find this quite confusing. I hope that you can assist me. I want to track the "Account Value" but do not want this to be reflected in the "Total Account Balance". Is this possible? I would just like to track the monthly contributions - is this done via "Bills and Desposits"? Thank you I'm not sure Investment Account is the best bet for a pension, but there are infinite varieties of pension accounts, so maybe it is appropriate for your case. Are we talking a 401(k)/403(b) type of account? A defined ...