Migrating sbs 2003 to new server

Hey all,

anyone got any guides about migrating to a new server?

Greetz,
-- Rob.
0
Rob

This article may provide ideas.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278439&sd=tech

"Rob Tillie" <Rob__NSPAM_AT_NOSPAM_flep-tech_DOT_nl> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> anyone got any guides about migrating to a new server?
>
> Greetz,
> -- Rob.

0
exchange.mvp (559)

Auto Configure Outlook 2003 profile
We have lots of sales people using different computers at different sites. I would love to auto configure Outlook 2003 for them so that they don't have to call me for that. Is there any way that I can auto configure their Outlook 2003? I am talking about when a new user logs in the first time and try to use Outlook, it displays a dialogue box to enter server name and user name. So is it possible to autofill those fields and auto configure Outlook 2003. It's a W2k3 & E2k3 environment. Thanks Joel "Joel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Is there a roll-up for the 2003 SP3 hotfix?
Is there a roll-up for the 2003 SP3 hotfix? I'm running http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 (Description of the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 18, 2007.) There are other users in our office who have not been using Access but will likely begin using the app(s) I'm working on and will need to be updated. We're all running Office 2003 SP3. I know where and how to get the hotfix I'm using, but don't even really know where to look to discover if there are any newer updates I need. Thanks in Advance! -- Clif Hi Clif,...

I need Office 2003 Icons. Thanks
Could someone please help me to find and download Office 2003 icons. Thanks Wes V. Google for: microsoft office 2003 icons download "pwvjr" <pwvjr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93249F9D-3361-4ED7-B106-6C62B5FE2183@microsoft.com... : Could someone please help me to find and download Office 2003 icons. : : Thanks : : Wes V. ...

Migration from Exchnage 5.5 to 2003
I've got about 42 users set up on a NT 4.0 domain and using Exchange 5.5. I want to move them to a Win2003 Domain with Exchange 2003. I have several users in the field, and would like to be able to move people 1 at a time and still allow them to exchange email with people on the old and new domain. NT Domain: Company 2003 AD Domain: CompanyInc External Email Addresses for everyone (old and new domain): user@Companyinc.com What I've done so far. I have the new exchange 2003 server set up to receive all incomming mail. If it is unable to resolve the email address, it forwards the ema...

Upgrade Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 on Different Server (recommended actions?)
I would like migrate our current Exchange 2000 to a new Exchange 2003 Server. Can someone suggest the recommended course of action or point me to the correct documentation? Thanks, Jane Hi Jane, The following link should take you to the Exchange 2003 Depolyment Guide which should help you get through this. Good luck. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Exchange2003/proddocs/library/DepGuide.asp -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to thi...

Outlook 2003, XP, over IPSec VPN
Can ping the mail server by name, but not able to resolve mailbox name in the properties of the profile. Combination is XP (SP1 w/ all critical updates), Outlook 2003 (w/ all updates), and an IPSec VPN, and a back-end Exchange 2000 mail server. I can connect and authenticate using OWA thru the VPN w/o a problem. Also, have a Win2K Pro laptop w/ Outlook 2000 over the same IPSec VPN that works fine. Appears to be a problem with the XP/Outlook 2003 combo. This KB is close, but I'm not using a UPN... rather I'm trying to authenticate using Domain\username. http://support.m...

Delete / Remove Attachments from Reading Pane in Outlook 2003?
is this possible? i could have sworn i was able to do it when i first installed outlook 2003. in the Reading Pane, the attachment would show up in the header and i would right-click the attachment and select Remove, but now the option is grayed out. it doesn't make sense for it to be grayed out if unless it was usable at one time. if it was never an option to remove attachment from the Reading Pane, "Remove" shouldn't be there on the right-click menu. i can still remove attachments by fully opening up the email and right-clicking on the attachment and selecting Remove, b...

Syn Outlook 2003 to Apple IPOD Touch
Are there any issues with syncing these. I am considering the purchase of the IPOD now. I am interested in Calendar and Contact info "les" <lester12345@gmail.com> wrote in message news:45aeaa73-e70c-4a00-be0b-cb43f29bff36@32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Are there any issues with syncing these. I am considering the > purchase of the IPOD now. I am interested in Calendar and Contact info iTunes can be used to sync with Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] AFAIK, it works ok. Visit Apple's forums http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1144 and ...

Shared Folder: Outlook 2003
Hi there! I'm the owner of a small business with employees in different parts of the world. We're all running Outlook 2003. I'm interested in making something similar to an FYI board, where we could have one common folder for things we wish to share such as contacts, posts, and emails. How can I do this? Would I need a separate server? Regards, Kevin Exchange server would do quite nicely for your situation. Depending on the size of your enterprise, this might be a solution for you: http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/products/server/resource-kit/ --� Milly Staples [MVP ...

Printing multiple copy reports in Access 2003
I have a custom Access application that handles my companie's Inventory and Invoicing. We are in the process of converting the Invoice report from a dot matrix to a laser printer. This invoice also is used as a delivery ticket which is signed by the customer requiring the laser invoice form to be carbonless. I found a 5 part carbonless laser form that works great and I have been able to use code to print the 5 copies and non-coallated using the PRINTOUT method. I am trying to go with a completely blank invoice form. I have ran into an issue with trying to print on the bottom of the ...

Renaming and Exchange 2003 Server
We were just aquired by a new company who would like us to rename our servers which are running Exchange 2003. I would like to know if there are any issues with renaming boxes with Mailboxes on them or with OWA running? Thanks for any help or technet articles you might be able to point me to. MB I found the following paragraph in the "Exchange Server 2003 Deployment Guide" Important After you create an Exchange Virtual Server, you cannot rename it. If you want to rename an Exchange Virtual Server after it has been created, you must remove it and then re-create it with anoth...

Migrate Goldmine to MSCRM: Contact & Link
I'm migrating our goldmine system to MS CRM1.2. Here I have a question about the table of contact. As my checking, the contact table in goldmine should be "contsupp". But MS CRM provided an excel file shows that the contact table in Goldmine is "contact1". (Our goldmine version is 5.5) Is there any suggestion? Thanks a lot. Another question about goldmine is "LINKEDDOC". Our goldmine managed some documents (.doc, .xls,.rtf...). I want to migrate these links to MS CRM as Account->notes->Attached files. Is it possible? Thanks contact1 in goldmine...

ActiveX issue in PowerPoint 2003
I used More Tools/"Microsoft Forms 2.0 Frame" to add a scrollbar to one slide's image. This works fine, but now every time I open the saved file I get the following message: "This application is about to initialize ActiveX controls that might be unsafe. If you trust the source of this document, select Yes ..." Well, of course I trust the doc, because I'm the one who created it. The message also states "If you have changed the default setting for ActiveX initialization during the installation process ... the system will perform the initializati...

2007 outlook will not import my outlook 2003 pst files as too big
i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on another computer. only part of the file imports and i recive a message saying the file is too big. As posted here on a daily basis, you dont import native outlook data, you open the data file(s) within outlook Data files should be located on the HD, eg Documents folder, with read only attribute off "patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEE496F7-CC2C-4BA2-8CED-D984361C8ED7@microsoft.com... >i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on > anot...

Manuel CRM process Migrating to CRM 3.0
I was wondering if there is a way, or a best pratice guide that i could follow, to migrate all our invoices pricelist fax info and stuff to a newly build CRM server. curretnly all our data and customer info are on microsoft word and excel sheets including stock information and other stuff. we do not have a centralised database and everything is all stored on a file server. ...

Dictionary
Any idea why, when I have set the dictionary to 'English (UK)' within Tools-Options-Spelling, it defaults to English (US) on first use when checking spelling within e-mails? By changing this on the drop-down (on the e-mail itself) it then remains at UK until the programme is shut-down again but reverts to US after that. The Tools-Options-Spelling setting always shows UK. Any thoughts? What is your OS Language set for? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be del...

counter on owa 2003
Hi guys, I need to monitor the number of users who are connected to the service and the number of mails that are read. Can someone tell me about counters that do this job? Thanks ..yo.mo. ...

Conditional Formatting confusion
I am trying to apply a conditional format to a cell when either/both of two other cells on the row contain a value. I have tried every permutation I can think of but nothing is working. I'm pasting a couple of variants of what I've tried. (I also tried zero in the place of the one.) Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong? Thanks! =((W4+AF4)>1) =((W4+AF4)>"1") =IF((W4+AF4)>1,TRUE,FALSE) =IF((W4+AF4)>"1",TRUE,FALSE) -- Ann Scharpf Does value mean number or just any old entry? If number: =count(w4,af4)>0 to see if either...

Import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?
Is it possible to import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003? I have many messages in UNIX mail files, from using Mozilla Mail, and would like to import these messages into Outlook 2003. When I click File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and Addresses it shows these two options: Eudora (Pro and Light) 2.x, 3.x, 4.x Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x I also cannot find a way to import UNIX mail files into Outlook Express 6 SP1. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 when I click File | Import | Messages, I tried all options to see if any of those options would import the UNIX mail files from Mozi...

Line Wrapping in Calendar View Outlook 2003
I am unable to get the full appointment subject message to show in the calendar view or when I print in Outlook 2003. I can't figure out how to get the text to wrap. Appreciative of any help. ...

Migrating Mailboxes from 2003 back to 5.5
Is there an simple way to migrate a mailbox that is on Exchange 2003 to Exchange 5.5? I know about using exmerge but I was wondering if there were any other tools that we can use. any particular reason you want/need to do this? I've never done it, but I'm sure you can do it in ADUC if the servers are both in the same AG... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sid" <Sid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B14BE61A-C576-4EA9-A3F8-3F28391AB091@microsoft.com... > Is there an simple way to migrate a mailbox that is on Exchange 2003 to > Exchange 5.5? I know ab...

Is it possible to host one domain in two servers?
Hello all, I'm currently working on adding a new server in a new branch location. Right now I have SBS 2003 and it's working fine. The people in the branch will just VPN in to retreive their emails. As that branch grows, there's a need for a faster email. I'm planning to add a new Exchange server on that branch machine. Is there a way to separate mailboxes to two different servers under one domain? For example: person1@domain.com will go to server1.domain.com and person2@domain.com will go to server2.domain.com. Thanks, Jerry Generally speaking, yes, Exchange definitely al...

Word 2003 Form Fields
Greetings, I am using Word Form fields in a Word 2003 document. One Calculation Form Field adds several form fields for a total. My user wants a solution, possibly a check box, so that when the box is checked, the Total in the Calculation Form Field is reduced by half. If the box is not checked, the full total will display. The solution cannot be a macro because of firm policies. Does anyone have any creative ideas (non-macro) about how this could be accomplished. Thanks in advance. You CANNOT do it WITHOUT using a Macro. Who ever it was in the firm that said m...

FWD and Exchange 2003 Users email to external POP3 account?
Would someone be kind enough to outline the steps required to automatically fwd an Exchange 2003 Mailbox to an external POP3 account (Crackberry). This user only has OWA so creating an Outlook rule won't work. You can do this without an Outlook rule by creating a Contact with the external email address as the targetAddress, and forward the user's email to the Contact from user properties | Delivery Options. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Rick S." <Rick ...

error on excel 2000 when inserting new column
This message occur-" To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet. Try to delete or clear the cells to the right and below your data. Then select cell A1,and save yur workbook to reset the last cell used or, yo can move the data to a new location and try again." please help me about this. thanks! Jaypee Unless you specifically reset excels usedrange occassionally, you can find that lots of inserting can mean that excel thinks it has data far more to the right or below of where you think. If you then try to insert say a colum...