Migrating from Hosting to Exchange 2003/Mac Mail Program

I am almost done converting our organization from web hosting e-mail to
our very own shiny exchange 2003 server.

I have two questions.

1)
If I receive a message into my webhosted mail account into outlook, and
turn around and reply to it (trying to send via my exchange account), I
get a "You do not have permission to send to this recipient" error.  If
I create a new message and reply manually via my exchange account it's
no problem.  The addy for my account matches the addy for the hosted
account.  Is there any way to overcome this?  I don't plan on keeping
the hosted account for long and some people might answer messages two
weeks/a month from now.

2)

We have several Mac users that want to keep their Mail program instead
of using Entourage 2004.  I want to force IMAP in their case.  The
problem is, they can't authenticate.  I can put their info into Outlook
and it works, but it doesn't in mail.  I use the Domain/account/alias
for the login.  Do I just force Entourage?

TIA,
Doug

0
djouungk (4)

1)  Please post the entire NDR.  When you reply, right-click the To: address
and look at the properties.  What do you see?
2)  I'm not sure what the mail program is, or what protocol it uses, so I
can't say.  Any IMAP client is supposed to be able to authenticate using the
format you posted and should work because the IMAP protocol is an Internet
standard.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

<djouungk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am almost done converting our organization from web hosting e-mail to
> our very own shiny exchange 2003 server.
>
> I have two questions.
>

> 1)
> If I receive a message into my webhosted mail account into outlook, and
> turn around and reply to it (trying to send via my exchange account), I
> get a "You do not have permission to send to this recipient" error.  If
> I create a new message and reply manually via my exchange account it's
> no problem.  The addy for my account matches the addy for the hosted
> account.  Is there any way to overcome this?  I don't plan on keeping
> the hosted account for long and some people might answer messages two
> weeks/a month from now.
>
> 2)
>
> We have several Mac users that want to keep their Mail program instead
> of using Entourage 2004.  I want to force IMAP in their case.  The
> problem is, they can't authenticate.  I can put their info into Outlook
> and it works, but it doesn't in mail.  I use the Domain/account/alias
> for the login.  Do I just force Entourage?
>
> TIA,
> Doug

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/15/2006 6:23:28 PM
1)  For some reason this just went away.  I have no clue as to what
happened.  I certainly didn't change anything.

2)  I had to go into the virtual imap server and install the server
certificate.  The clients weren't attempting to connect via ssl, but I
guess it has something to do with authentication.

Anyway, both problems seem to be gone now....

Thanks!

0
djouungk (4)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

outlook 2007 e-mail

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

OE autodelete OLD mail

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Missing Mail Folder
I am using outlook 2003 A subfolder within my main mail folder disappeared from view. Although I can not see the folder, I did an advanced search for mail messages in the missing folder (I know the name and typed it into the search crieteria, it was not available on the dropdown) and Outlook found all of the messages. From the search results window I moved them to a new folder but still have not been able to see the old folder. I am not positive I have all of the mail from this folder. Any suggestions about recoveering the folder? I am interested in the root cause so I can preve...

about Exchange 2003 sp2
Hi, I upgrade my Exchange 2003 to sp2, and find out a message in application event log: Event id: 1004 Source: Application Error Failed application program: inetinfo.exe This message is with blue color, not red. And until now my Exchange service all work, and information store can mount without any problem. But I still worry about maybe something will happen. So can anyone help me what��s happened? Many thanks for your help! Hi David, What is the full text of the event log message? Also, are the IIS Admin, SMTP and World Wide Web Publishing services running? -- Scott ...

Outlook: default new mail location
We seem to have a problem with users that log into a workstation that they have never logged into before. Basically, the default NEW MAIL location is set to a PST local to their c: drive. So, when they open up Outlook to check thier mail. All MAILBOX, INBOX mail slowly dissapears and is moved to the local pst file. Once, we configure the users Outlook profile on that machine and change the default NEW MAIL location to the Exhange/Mailbox/Inbox it works fine. I've heard about PRF files, but I am unfamiliar with configuring them. All I want is for the default NEW MAIL locatio...

installing Exchange 2010 in Exchange 2007 org
hello I currently have exchange 2007 sp2 up and running. One server is running HT+CAS and the other server is a mbx server. I recently setup an exchange 2010 CAS+HT server. After the install completed successfully, I was surprised to see that I couldn't see the 2007 servers using the 2010 management console, and I also couldn't see the 2010 servers using the 2007 management console. Is this normal? I confirmed that all servers are located in the same exchange org Thanks ...