Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3

I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource
mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate.  I'm not
sure how to proceed with this.  Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate
the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account
in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to
the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3?

You can use the accounts it created.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@americanhm.com> wrote in message
>I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource
>mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate.  I'm not
>sure how to proceed with this.  Can I just enable the accounts in AD
>migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new
>account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new
>account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3?

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Edit or Create a Partylist Lookup field
I have an issue - we have Cytrack running between our AVAYA phones and CRM 4.0 and I have enable the option that when a call comes through it opens a Phone Call activity and it automatically connects to the contact for the person calling in. Great except while we have all cleitns in as contacts - we also have clients either in as a Lead or an Opportunity when we are doign current business and I want to change the phone call activity recipient. I can do this but it comes up a "Look Up Records" screen and you havea drop down list to pick what entity you wish to locate the cl...

How to create a task view where completed tasks are omitted
Hello out there! I'm trying to create a task view where my hundreds of 'completed tasks' are omitted - leaving all other tasks that have yet to be completed. I've searched help and rung the customer support line but to no avail. Anyone know how? Would be much appreciated. Paul Create a custom view of your Tasks folder with a filter that says "Completed equals no" (you will find this on the Advanced tab when you click the Filter button). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the...

Default mail account in Outlook 2000
I use Outlook 2000 to send and receive email from several different POP accounts. Sometimes I want to send emails from one account, while other times I want to send them from a different account. I know that Outlook allows you to change which account a message is sent from via the "File | Send Using" menu option. My problem is that I often forget to use that option and just click the "Send" button on the toolbar. This sends out the message using the Default POP account. After it has been sent I remember that I didn't use the "Send Using" option. My quest...

Migration, mailbox now mapped to a different user account
I recently migrated from an old Exchange 2000 server to a new Exchange 2003 server. All Pub folders, etc. have replicated successfully and all mailboxes were moved successfully. However, I have a single user that is now have the following problem...whenhe sends an email, it is showing up as "a_different_user" on behalf of this user. When you reply to an email from him, he does not receive the reply as it goes to the other user. Disabling "the_different_user" stops him from sending/receiving mail altogether. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Check his Out...

Create Template
Hi i am new with Outlook How can i crate a Template so that when i send mail it should go my Co. logo and address evey time to other. pls help. Shital In news:13072DF7-B1A1-4ED3-8E94-4128335F3992@microsoft.com, shital shah <shitalshah@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi i am new with Outlook > How can i crate a Template so that when i send mail it should go my > Co. logo and address evey time to other. > > pls help. > > Shital I don't understand. Are you saying you want an e-mail signature automatically put at the bottom of your messages? Please provi...

Functionality disabled in junk mail
I believe that disabling functionality in junk mail is extremely worthwhile. Unfortunately, if junk mail is moved to the deleted items folder, functionality is restored. This exposes us to the exact threat you are trying to avoid by disabling the functionality. I suggest that some flag be saved with mail identified as junk, and that flag be checked, and the user be given a warning before enabling functionality. Further, no flag or check is necessary if the user identifies the mail as not junk, or moves that mail to the inbox. Marvin ---------------- This post is a sugg...

Question about Exchange 5.5 error message
I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but geographically separated by 300+ Kilometers. I was curious to understand why a message created on EXCH2 would not go out its IMS connector but out the IMS connector of EXCH1, which again is at a distant location. The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=ORGANIZATION;l=EXCH2-04xxxxxxx50Z-4xxx3 MSEXCH:IMS:ORGANIZATION:SAME_DOMAIN:EXCH1 3499 (000B09B6) Host unreachable Thanks Pat bigpat@freenet.de (Pat) wrote: >I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but >geographic...

Creating CRM Users 02-22-05
HI, Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters, the two names are John Phillips and Steve McDonagh. These two users have been added to our pilot CRM system, which is independent of this live version, with out any problems. Cheers Ben can you try add a user through the web interface to see if that works? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Ben Smallwood" <bsmallwo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:de61721b.0502220242.48137f63@posting.google.com... > HI, > Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters...

Invoice Item Posting Account defaults to Cash account instead of Income, Sales account
Great Plains 7.00g12 Our VAR doesn't know the answer to this: Our Invoice Item Posting Account defaults to the 'Cash' account instead of the expected 'Income, Sales' account. We can override this manually for each item in the invoice. After entering an item on the invoice. (I've attached a screen shot) Looking at the distribution in the Sales Distribution Entry window: The Credit shows as type SALES but the Distribution Reference shows as Cash. We cannot figure out why this is happens. Selecting the Sales Item Detail Inquiry Zoom then selecting <Distributio...

Moving mailboxes using Active Directory Users and Computers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C61DC8.6FAD4950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Question: When moving mailboxes using AD Users and Computers from = Exchange server A to Exchange Server B, what will be the effect on users = that currently have their mailbox open in Microsoft Outlook? Some of the = users have Outlook 2003 and some of them have Outlook 2002. Is it best = to do the move when noone is on? but the thing is in this organization, = we have so laptop users that may not be on...

Exchange 5.5 and Mailboxes
Is there any way I can get a copy of users sent itmes forwarded somewhere else. I don't want to use the rule wizard as it is a security issue. I don't want to open users mailbox either as eventhought mailbox can be opened by Administrator but user may be deleting his sent items. Based on your restrictions, I expect you're down to implementing Exchange journaling. It will journal everything and not just Sent Items though. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=239427 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Abhi Da...

Macro cannot be disabled nor signed.
Following Error message. "This workbook contains a type of macro (Microsoft Excel version 4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled nor signed. Therefore, this workbook cannot be opened under High Security Level." Why is this happening....and what is the solution. -- PeteM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeteM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23736 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374104 Pete, You have an Excel 4 macro in the workbook. It's a completely diffe...

Help with macro #5
The following macro puts the file names on the worksheet that has the command button. How can I put the file names on a different worksheet? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim FN As String ' For File Name Dim ThisRow As Long Dim FileLocation As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False FileLocation = "C:\Documents and Settings\nc1\Desktop\TAS forms\*.xls" FN = Dir(FileLocation) Do Until FN = "" ThisRow = ThisRow + 1 Cells(ThisRow, 1) = FN FN = Dir Loop End Sub ...

Exch 2003
Hello- I am in the midst of a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration. The problem I am up against right now is that I have about 3 mailboxes that have seemed to migrate fine over to Exchange 2003 but are not connected to any AD accounts. If I right click on any of the three mailboxes I cannot perform any tasks on them... I cannot Reconnect, Purge and ect are all grayed out. The only option is help, which has not been much help. Ideally I just like for these to go away, be deleted... Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance! ...

lookup link for customer address on account, case, address search
The way the address associations are handled today create tremendous gaps in the structure of CRM records compared to the structure of integrated backoffice financial systems records. What should be trivial integration tasks lead to a LOT of workarounds and customers frustration. Here is how we can improve. Abandon the idea of hardcoding first 2 address records on the account form. Add 2 address lookup fields on the account (relationships) that could be used to select any of the account addresses and expose them on the account form (still show individual address fields on the accoun...

Advice or tutorial on creating variables from clkipboard contents
Where can I find advice or a tutorial for creating a variable from selected cell contents, i.e. from the clipboard content. I have a relative macro that captures a string from one worksheet and searches for the string in a second worksheet. On finding the string in the second sheet, it returns to the first sheet and picks up the sting in an adjacent cell and returns to the second sheet and pastes the second string into a cell adjacent to the 'found' cell. The macro then returns to the first sheet and moves down one row, preparatory to repeating the capture/switch/search/ etc routi...

Hiding/Disabling Report Asking Window
In ServiceAdvantage module when I select the Inventory Requirements form >> Create PO >> Post button a 'Report Ask' form (SVC_Create_PO_Journal) appears and I cannot handle this window. I can't add it to the VBA, can't create a WatchTrigger. Perhaps it could be switched off in Tools >> Setup >> Posting >> Posting form, but I couldn't find any related entry there. This form is in dex.dic. How can I disable or handle this form? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Zoltan ...

401k Account Adjustment
I know this has been asked before, but not answered... When I balance my 401k account the Account Adjustment to the cash account is designated an Unassigned Expense. This throws off my Income/Expense reports. Any way to fix it? Follow the cash from the beginning so that there's nothing to adjust? "Don Pritchett" <dpritchett67@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23XEu%23HklFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I know this has been asked before, but not answered... > > When I balance my 401k account the Account Adjustment to the cash account > is designated an...

Creating a Dropsource correctly.
Hello, I've got a custom control within a dialog that I'm using for previewing bitmaps. I also need for it to act as a drop target and drop source. I've got the drop target part working, but am still having some issues with the drop source part. Here's what a I've got so far... (Note: This happens on a Ctrl+WM_LBUTTONDOWN) COleDataSource* pDataSource = NULL; pDataSource = new COleDataSource; pDataSource->CacheGlobalData ( CF_BITMAP, copiedImage ); pDataSource->DoDragDrop ( DROPEFFECT_COPY ) ); The issue I'm having is th...

How do I create a secondary free/busy replica??
Hi, I just ran Exchange Best Practices Analyzer and it recommends creating a secondary free/busy replica. I double click tell me more but I just want a quick and easy way to creat this secondary free/busy replica. Can anyone give me instructions please? Thanks, TKE402 First, you have to have more than one Exchange server with a public folder store on it. Next, locate your Public Folder hierachy in Exchange System Manager, right click on public folders and choose View System Folders. Then, locate the Schedule + Free and Busy folder, right click on it to display it's propert...

Saving changes to a previously created template
Hi I am having a frustrating time updating my paperwork to bring it all up to date, please read below. firstly create your would be template save as - name.dot or .dotx then close the template and close word down. open word open the template you just created make changes to template at this point this is where I have a problem! try and save the template with the changes with the same name I get a message saying Word cannot give a document the same name as an open document, Type a different name for the document you want to save. this worked perfectly fine in office 2003...

How to create a hyperlink to a graph sheet
My xls file contains a "menu" sheet with hyperlinks to shees in the workbook. Some sheets are graphs sheets. I couldnt set an hyperlink for the graph sheet. Can it be done without a macro? Workaround:Place the chart on an otherwise empty worksheet and link to this. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ruti" <Ruti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D96DF2B-0844-4665-B836-91781EC2C626@microsoft.com... > My xls file contains a "menu" sheet with hyperlinks to shees in the > workbook. &g...

Exchange 2004 : Mailbox size details..
Hi, Normally when a user called regarding their mailbox size is full, we can tell them that yes, their mailboz is full but how do you know on which folder (eg: Inbox, Calendar, Journal...) that the mailbox size is been occupied from ? Thank you. Rgrds, Zul From Outlook the user can right-click on "Mailbox: <User>" and select "Properties for <user>" and then select "Folder Size". -- Cheers DV "Zul" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message news:uWNrGOcqEHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Normally when a user calle...

Getting "Accounts" on menu bar
My girlfriend has an "Accounts" button on her menu tool bar (not sure which one, advanced, standard???) which allows her to select which account she's sending an e- mail "from". I can't find a way to find that item to put on the menu bar. Please help. This is available in Outlook 2002 and later. What version are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching googl...

LDAP #5
Since installing Outlook (and Office Pro) 2003 I've been prompted to login to LDAP every time I open Outlook. I'm not aware that I have LDAP services installed on the PC (running XP Home). I have changed the address book default from Active Directory to Contacts, but I still get the prompt. How do I remove the LDAP thingy and stop this from happening? Any help gratefully received. regards Nick >-----Original Message----- >Since installing Outlook (and Office Pro) 2003 I've been >prompted to login to LDAP every time I open Outlook. I'm >not aware that I h...