Migrating Distribution Lists from 5.5 to 2K3 InterOrg

Hey everyone,
Thanks in advance for any help. Here's my issue:

Distribution Lists are one major limitation with Microsoft's Inter-Org Sync
Tool. Basically, the Distribution Lists are brought over as a contact, and
don't contain any members. In researching possible solutions (other than
expensive 3rd party software) I found KB328871 that states I can "convert
the distribution list to a public folder" and then migrate the public
folder. . . . . hm. Anyone have any experience with this, or know what this
means?

Thanks!

0
ablevins (28)

Try the script at
http://www.msd2d.com/fileUploads/f9bcb0b1-7263-4d97-9b49-14ac6d62ff26/DLMig_0.3.10.zip
it may be what you are lookig for.

"Teo Gomez" <teo at inventrix dot net> wrote in message
> If you have Outlook 2003 you can actually migrate the DL's manually.
> Other
> than that you'll have to use a script of a third part.
>
> To move them manually, connect your outlook to org B (source org).  Then
> expand then choose the DL from the GAL.  Then, expand the group membership
> and copy all the members to the AD screen that you would use to create a
> new
> DL in AD.
>
> Teo
>
> "Andrew Blevins" wrote:
>
>> Hey everyone,
>> Thanks in advance for any help. Here's my issue:
>>
>> Distribution Lists are one major limitation with Microsoft's Inter-Org
>> Sync
>> Tool. Basically, the Distribution Lists are brought over as a contact,
>> and
>> don't contain any members. In researching possible solutions (other than
>> expensive 3rd party software) I found KB328871 that states I can "convert
>> the distribution list to a public folder" and then migrate the public
>> folder. . . . . hm. Anyone have any experience with this, or know what
>> this
>> means?
>>
>> Thanks!

0
bchouinard (45)

Error 554 5.5.2 "No valid recipients"
One of our departments is using a web application that is trying to send email using Exchange 2003 as its SMTP server. The web application is NOT using a native SMTP engine so there is no relaying involved. When the application points to the Exchange server and tries to send an email to an external recipient, it returns error 554 5.5.2 "No valid recipients". Sending through the same web application to internal users is successful. We have tested the following: 1.) Sent email from Outlook client to the external recipient using the Exchange server - this works fine. 2.) Teln...

Exchange 5.5 IMS Services Awaiting delivery
Sorry I clicked YES and i think I may have ended the posting by doing so Thank you for you time in this Yes i can see all the messages and who they are from most of them are just spammed emails with an unknown sender. ( ifo you mean looking via the IMS services awaiting delivery queue unedr the properties page) "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote: > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:49:03 -0800, pockettes > <pockettes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > > >Hello, > >I have several emails queued for delivery. I am unable to delete them. Many > >are from ...

message to bounce between two Exchange 5.5 and 2003 servers
I have one recipient whose mail box is on an Exchange 5.5. Only this recipient from this server is not able to receive any emails sent from people on the Exchange 2003. The error code # 5.4.6 is generated which states: "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients" Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Mail Rules #5
Can you tell me where to find instructions about how to fix mail rules? One of my mail rules will not allow me to modify it. The Rules discription is grayed out and the MODIFY and REMOVE buttons are grayed out and do not work. Which version? What I have done is just re-create the rule and that does the trick. Only rules I have found that get greyed out are ones created by Outlook for the junk email senders. "Rich Wendrock" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:204501c46ff3$aa155f80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can you tell me where to find instru...

Drop Down List Question #2
I have a drop down list from 5 cells merged together so as I can read the length easier, I know I cant select a field from merged cells, is there any way that when I select my choice I can get cells either side of my selection A B F 12 Jan Apples $12.00 17 Feb. Pears $14.00 I have B Column as my range in drop down , how can I get the date and price to move as well? What I want to do is select Pears and the date, Item and price would move to say K L P Columns if my drop down list was in L column...

Smart List search criteria
It would be helpful if 'ends with' was added as an operator in SmartList's search criteria. ...

Our organization needs Drop Ship in GP8.0 and later.it was in 7.5
The drop Ship feature has been eliminated from 8.0, why?! It was a tool that we had seen in 7.5 and was part of our decision to purchase GP. This feature will save hundreds of man hours on an annual basis. Please consider updating or loading it into updates. Crucial!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Increasing recently opened files list
Does anyone know how to increase number of files shown in recently opened files list? Mine shows four, and I'd like eight or ten, the same as I get in all my other MS applications. Any auggestions?? Thanks. tabboo wrote: > Does anyone know how to increase number of files shown in > recently opened files list? Mine shows four, and I'd like > eight or ten, the same as I get in all my other MS > applications. Any auggestions?? Thanks. =================================== What is the name and version of the program you are referring to? -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled...

How do you create a list with name address phone in a column form.
I have an excel file with last name, first address city state in each column. I want to prepare a two column report with each persons name first then address then phone. Can't remember how to print out a different view of excel. Making it look more like a two column word document. Maybe you can use MSWord's MailMerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. denise108 wrote: > > I have an excel file with last name, first address city state ...

hyperlink list in excel that stays put when it jumps to linked cel
I am trying to use internal hyperlinks in a huge sheet but want the hyperlinks to remain in view - and just for good measure, it has to open with the links visible on other machines. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, TIA ...

Suddenly, to-do list is broken
Good afternoon. Thanks for letting me part of this forum. I am using Outlook 2007. Things have been rolling along very well. Thi morning I closed Outlook while I left for a while. Now that I am back whenever I open Outlook my to-do bar will not display any tasks (no will they show in the task list in the week view of the calendar) Instead, there is a message saying, "The Operation Failed. An objec could not be found." The tasks are still there and I can access the via the tasks tab, but the to-do bar and the calendar are missing th tasks, which is what really made me fall in love w...

File view doesn't list an expected source file
Hi, File view isn't showing a file it should show. One of the last steps needed to add Help support to an existing project is to compile MyProject.hpj. To do this, msdn says that I should go to File view, open the source files list, highlight MyProj.hpj, and then select "Compile MyProject.hpj" in the Build menu. MyProject.hpj is not in the Source files list, thogh. Can someone tell me why it isn't there? The file exists in my project's MyProject\hlp directory as a result of copying the sample project's hlp directory to my project, and renaming the files so th...

Exchange 5.5 Distribution Lists
I am running in Exchange 5.5/2000 mixed mode and I have noticed that if I change ownership of a distribution list using Exchange Admin, the permissions of that object are not automatically updated (I have to manually give the "owner" the permission needed to add members to the list). Is this some old Exchange 5.5 thing??? ...

delegates permission using a distribution list
I am having problems with permissions on delegates in Outlook. I have a distribution list which has editor rights in a users calendar. When I try and access the calendar it doesn't work. When I go back into the delegates properties again the permission has gone back to NONE. It does however work fine on some clients. Outlook 2000 is being used and Exchange 2003. Convert the DL to a security group. "Gareth Hutchins" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29a401c4ad33$4bb88de0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am having problems with permissions on d...

MSN Stock Watch List in Money 2006 Deluxe Portfolio Manager
I inadvertently deleted the MSN Stock Watch list from my Portfolio Manager. Now, despite the list still being in existence under my Passport, I cannot seem to restore it intact into Portfolio Manager via either Money 2006 Deluxe or MSN Money. I'd greatly appreciate any insight from those who may know how to restore this list as an active Portfolio Manager account, which would be much more preferable to creating a new watch list, which would not only not auto-sync with the entries made from the MSN pages, but would also require re-entry of the huge list I have now. I really want m...

Listing a selection of data from one worksheet on another
At the moment I have a worksheet with a list of client in one column and then in another column that uses an IF formula to display either the number of days to the deadline or text which says No Deadline. What I want to do is enter some kind of formula so that a list of clients with deadlines between 1 and 7 days appears on another worksheet automatically with the number of days to the deadline next to them. To make it even harder the list is currently in name order but on the new worksheet I would like it to automatically appear in days til deadline order with lowest number of days a...

Migration from 9.0 to 10.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C91A52.ECCB32B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everone, I could be wrong but 1.. Is there a simplified document or step-by-step follow up = available; to restore the data from ver.9.0 to 10.0 and make it = workable. 2.. I have tried to look for some, on CustomerSource/PartnerSource and = everytime I go there I end up seeing hundreds of docs. but no output. It = is not easy to find what is needed and almost every link points to = another lin...

Exchange 5.5 ADC
Google hasn't been much help on this one, nor the MSKB. In my test environment, I created an Active Directory Connector for Exchange 5.5 to AD. Unfortunately, it's not replicating the SMTP addresses for the users EXCEPT the default SMTP addresses that were assigned to them at the time I installed the ADC. Any idea why? I'm using the ADC that came on the Exchange 2003 SP1 CD if that helps... "Kripes" <kripes@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23xSWqkaUFHA.3244@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Google hasn't been much help on this one, nor the MSKB. > >...

Adding the users name to a new list item
Is there a way to create a list so that when the logged in user creates a new item, it automatically insert's their user name into a column? I'm creating a time entry list, and don't want the users to have to type their name in every time they add a time record. The controller will review this list once a week and create reports based on the user, client, etc. Thanks in advance! Gavin Use the Created by column. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Gavin Steiner" <gavin@interprom.com> wrote in mes...

Outlook 2003: How to show multiple task lists?
Does anyone know if it is possible to show multiple task lists (i.e. a personal list and a work-related list) side by side in the task list view by default? It's simple in the calendar to show two calendars simultaneously, and it seems completely ridiculous not to include the same functionality in the task list view. Any help would be appreciated. No, but you can use the right click on the additional task list you want to display and select "Open in new window" - then resize your windows to show them side by side. Why would one want to show task lists in the same way as cal...

Data Migration
I'm trying to migrate Sales History information into CRM. Invoices and Invoice Lines are migrating and calculating the Extended value correctly. I'm having a problem with Credit Notes. Credit Note Lines (where Price per unit < 0) are not migrating. I'm getting a "CrmIncidentUnknownError" in the migration log for these lines. The same error occurs for lines where Price per Unit = 0. I've modified all the relevant value fields on the forms to allow minimum values of -100,000,000. I'm using Existing products and over-riding the Price each time. I previously ...

Replacing values based on a set list
Hi Could anyone help me with this one: - I have an Excel workbook with two worksheets: sheet1 and sheet2. On sheet1, I have 2 columns of data:- Column 1 - CityID Column2 - CityName On sheet2, I have a list of 500 office locations, some of which are in the same city. Sheet2 has several columns, one of which is the city location of the office. I am trying to prepare the Excel sheet ready to import into Access and want to replace each instance of the city location listed on sheet2 with the CityID number from sheet1 where the city is matched. For example: - Sheet 1 CityID CityName 1...

Changing exchange 2k3 administrator password
Greetings- My company really needs to change the exchange 2k3 admin password for security reasons (old employees possess that password). It needs to be done but I am apprehensive. I am afraid to change it because I am worried that it might affect services. I don't want to bring our mail system down. Are my fears appropriate or will it not affect mail services? Thanks for any input. There is no E2003 System Administrator account per se in E2003 as it was in Exch 5.5, Exchange 200x runs under the local system account, so unless you have done something screwy or are in mixed mode , there sho...

how can i make my contact list similar to outlook express?
I want my contact list accessible, similar to Outlook Express. Example: I type a name for an e-mail. I want the name to pop up - not have to type the entire e-mail address. mstrand wrote: > I want my contact list accessible, similar to Outlook Express. > Example: I type a name for an e-mail. I want the name to pop up - not > have to type the entire e-mail address. Outlook and OE are totally separate programs, despite their similar names, and do things differently. Outlook 2000 and earlier have a feature called autoresolve - meaning, you can type the first few letters of a recipie...

Renaming 5.5 Mailboxes
We have a process where groups of NT domain accounts get renamed by a script. This list of account names is then sent to us in the Exchange team. What we then have to do is rename the mailboxes to reflect the NT account name change. We also have to hide the maiboxes and set the maximum send and recieve size to 0Kb to prevent further message delivery. The name change is always the same by the way. It's just a prefix of YY to place them all at the end of the GAL/User Manager accounts list. The problem is, there are hundreds of these accounts so we really don't want to be doing this m...