Migrating AD to new domain. How does Exch 5.5 fit in?

Over a weekend (hopefully) I will be migrating from one domain to
another temporary domain.  Then I will be taking the original domain
out of it's current forest and into its own.  I will then migrate back
to the original domain.

I'm using Exchange 5.5.  What do I do with Exchange?  Should I leave
it with the original domain and assume that the appended SIDHistory of
the users will still work correctly with it when they move back?  I'm
thinking this will work since it's happening over a weekend...

I don't know anything about migrating Exchange 5.5 to a new domain...

Any and all thoughts on this are very welcomed.

Thanks!

BS

Exchange 5.5 MTA Event-ID 290 after site removal
Hi, hopefully someone can help me. We have Exchange 5.5 Org (most SP4) – 1 hub site and 5 spoke sites. In our hub site we have 1 connector server and one mailbox server. Due to Exchange server consolidation, I removed one site (KB324340) – same procedure as I did it three times before - Now I’m getting every 4 hours on the bridgehead server in the hub site the following event-id, which points to the old and removed server/site: MTA Event-ID 290 – NDR,.. A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer and diagnostic code unrecognised-OR-name)) is being generated for message message. ...

Data Validation problem #5
hi I think that is a different solution entirely - in that example yo gave me it is a simple case of choosing one list and that then sets th range for list 2, however the second set of lists are all individual my requirement is that the validation picks the required items out o just ONE list, whereas in the example you needed to maintain individua lists each of which was dependant on the first selection -- moosife ----------------------------------------------------------------------- moosifer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1590 View this threa...

Keep Added Custom Fields on New Projects
We are importing information from our bidding software. The export is created in XML file. We know the custom fields that are created. How do I make MS Project use the same "look" everytime? I want it to remember the custom fields I created and use that as my default blank project. I don't care about the tasks because those could be different every time. I just want to be able to create each project with the same columns every time. Create or update a view/table with the custom fields and layout you are wanting. Then change the Tools-->Options--View tab to ...

Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000 Domain
HI I am looking for any advise I can get on this subject, or any references you may have. Basically I have an NT4 PDC that currently has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. I have a windows 2000 Database server that is just a member server of hte domain. My NT4 machine is running out of space, so I am getting a new server for exchange. I will install Windows 2000 on this server and then follow the Ed Crowley Server Move method, to move my exchange server over to this new machine. I am comfortable with this. I have just now installed an NT4 BDC into the domain (it is only a very old machine so it ...

Public Folder Migration #4
Adding a BE Exchange server to our topology. Have migrated all mailboxes to new BE server, and am trying to migrate public folders from what will be the FE server to the BE server. Using the PFMIGRATE script, here are the results: PFMIGRATE.WSF /S:SOURCESERVER /T:TARGETSERVER /A /N:ALL /SC Microsoft Exchange Public Folder Migration Tool Wed Jun 28 08:06:29 MDT 2006 Source Server: NAMESOURCE Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) Target Server: NAMETARGET Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) WMI Server: NAMETARGET Add Replica Mode in progress. Analysis of 1 folders with repl...

CRM 4 new feature
Hi Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? The CRM3 email feature is pool. -- Gordon A brief scan around google will tell you the publicly announced features of CRM V4. Those of us testing the product are under NDA so cannot publicly say anything. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5593E39-A2A3-4E81-B608-6889732ECA22@microsoft.com... > Hi > Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? > The CRM3 email feature is pool. > -- > Gord...

Landed Cost #5
I am trying to implement Landed cost and when the added cost is added on through the system the it will not take the added cost of landed cost to the account specified by the accrued purchase price account but sending it to the variance purchase price unrealized that is specefied under the actual item. is there any easy answer for this? I would like to update the post in simpler terms it will use the accrued purchases account indicated in Landed cost maintenance but it is not using the account specified by the purchase price variance account specified in landed cost maintenance. It i...

Reinstall Money on New Hard Drive
I installed Money Plus Deluxe on a desktop and a laptop, which expires Feb. 2010. The hard drive has to be replaced on the desktop and probably won't last much longer. Since I already activated Money twice, my understanding is that my choices are to purchase another copy of Money Plus to install on new hard drive and use until it expires in 2011, or purchase Quicken now to convert files and then re-install Quicken on new hard drive. Or would I be able to download my backup files of Money on new hard drive and then convert to a fresh install of Quicken without doing the con...

Duplicate emails on exchange server 5.5
Im using w2k server sp4, and exchange server 5.5 witn sp4 also Im suprised that some of the users are receiving duplicate emails local and internet and it is continously increasing and annoying to the user that they received the same kind of emails despite the fact that they read already. What seems to be the problem. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Manny >>receiving duplicate emails local and internet local and internet? Are they different messages? Is the user a member of a distribution list and are the messages sent to the DL and the user? Manny wrote: > Im...

Add a new code macro
I have workbook that I am trying to use with a macro form another post on this form. It inserts a new row with the formulas and contents of the selected row. The problem is that it copies the row below the one selected, and because of this, I can not make a copy of row 2 below the column headers. Any ideas? Thanks. Here is the code: '/=======Start of Code==========================/ Sub InsertRowsAndFillFormulas() 'adds desired # of lines below the current line and ' copies the formulas to that/those lines 'added selection of more than one worksheet ' - Gary L. Brown &#...

Exchange Migration Issue
Hello All, I have multiple copies of email in my user email accounts after migration. I used Exchange Migration Tool to Migrate email accounts from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Since we did not switch over to the new server right away , there were 2 days of emails still pending to be imported so I used the Migration tool again to migrate emails filtered based on date, but it seems that exchange migration has migrated all emails again, and now users have 2 to 3 copies of each email. Is there a way to remove the duplicate copies ? if so how can I go about doing that? Any pointer...

GroupShield 4.5
Hi, Can anyone point me to an online 4.5 manual. My network administrator has suggested that attachments which are sent me and are being blocked by GS 4.5 is quite difficult to have a script/permissions written which will allow the attachments to get through. Thanks for any advice. Grant. Hi Grant, I've got the manuals on PDF... I'll e-mail them to you. From what I remember it's very much a case that you either block the file type for all users or you don't... Regards, Chris For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk >-----Original M...

Outlook client bandwidth to remote exch5.5 server
We are using exchange 5.5 and are going to get some clinets access the server through our WAN links. They are going to use outllook 2000 and are going to access the exchange server like if it was local. We have a huge bandwidth pipe to our exchange server but I just want to how much bandwidth would for example 60 clients take if they were accessing exchange 5.5 through the WAN link at the same time. Or for example how much bandwidth would one outllook client take. If you need to know more parameters please let me know. On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:43:54 +0100, "gurvinder.nijjar" <...

Form with adding
Hello I want to create a form for people who use a cabin The columns titles are: name, number of nights, age group, $ per night, then total $'s The $'s per night depends on the age group. It's $10 for ages 0-12, $20 for 13-18, and $30 for 19+. I'm doing a drop down menu for the age groups. Based on their choice, I want the $'s per night to come up automatically in the next column My questions are 1) Is it best to be doing this in Excel, or should I use Word 2) Assuming Excel, how do I set up the $'s per night based on the drop down menu selection 3) I'd like ...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

New to Visio-Hyperlink Question
I have created a flowchart in Visio 2000. I put in a hyperlink to another flowchart. When I view my flowchart in full-screen view I click on the hyperlink for the other flowchart and it opens in Actual Size mode w/ all the toolbars open. I would like for it to remain in full-screen mode for the flowchart I open when I click on the hyperlink. Is this possible? Thanks in Advance, Mike ...

Help! New to Publisher
What is the A...at the bottom of a page inside a small box? I am typing a newsletter. Shouldn't one page flow to the next like in Microsoft Office? If it is text overflow, I cannot retrieve. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. That indicates that there is more text inside that area that cannot be seen. If you stretch that text box down, you'll see the rest of your text. To make it flow from one box to another, you need to set it up for that. (I will admit that I break mine manually because I've never taken the time to learn how to do it correctly.) -- The problem with ...

Adding a total row to a chart data table
I have the following data in a chart Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6 Data2 3 4 5 7 9 4 6 6 Is it possible to have the data table show a totals row? I.E: Totals 4 9 12 13 10 10 13 12 Thanks in advance, John You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it. Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm John Ortt wrote: > I have the following data in a chart > > Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6...

ADMT
We are migrating our current Windows 2000 Active Directory domain into a brand new (and appropriately named) domain using the Active Directory Migration Tool 2.0. We have a single domain and a single Exchange 2000 server. We are not upgrading Active Directory or Exchange in this migration. All users, groups and computers will be migrated to this new domain, including the Exchange server. Should the migration tool be able to successfully migrate everything without having to build another Exchange server in the target domain first? I have successfully tested migrating users, groups and mach...

Adding new Online Service
I have my credit union set up under online service manager. I have second account at the credit union for my bowling league. It's a different account number and pin so I can't access it from the main account, at least I can't figure out how. I also have a 401K account with another financial institution. I can't figure out how to add a new Online Service which I would at least need to do to access my 401K account. I think I need to do that to get access to my bowling account online also. Can I do that? In microsoft.public.money, Bill Harrison wrote: >I have my credit u...

New Mail [WILDPACKET]
Under Outlook I do a new message -> select Global Adress List -> then click on Find on the middle of the screen I window opens with so many fields such as Display Name, first Name, last name and so on. These fields only showuop if outlook user is online. if a user is offline s/he only sees one field when they hit find ...It shows only Find names containing. Is this behaviour by design? Advise Please. Thanks, "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Under Outlook I do a new message -> select Global Adress List -> then click >on Fin...

copy setup and master to new compan
Hi to all – is any idea how to copy all setup and master tables from the existing company to a new company when I have already have an existing data on same server using Great Plains 8.0 , SQL-2000 and complete module of Great plains. thanks Here is a KB article with instructions: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;872709 -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "AFT" <AFT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5138A080-DC38-462C-8101-CE7D55915D0E@microsoft.com... > Hi to all - is any idea how to copy all setup and master tables from...

Exch 5.5 public folder duplication
We have created a Public folder of type Post. All users can post and read from it. We use it as an items for sale area. Sometimes, however, multiple entries of the same entry appear, sometimes 2, 3 or 4 copies. Anyone know what might be causing this? ...

Adding something to a complicated formula
Hey peeps! I have a formula that turns the cell red if the number of received items is less than the number ordered, and only if the scheduled date they were to come in is past today's date. I would like to add in the formula the ability to recognize in the ordered and recieved column if I needed to order more at a later date, or if I received the total items at different times...like 11+3 in the ordered column, meaning I ordered 11, realized I needed more and ordered 3 more. Can I make a formula to recognize this additional requirement? Here is the original formula I have in the cell...